Active Overlays

View File

Description:

This mod uses scripts to modify the color of racemenu overlays depending on a variety of MCM driven factors.  For each overlay slot you can capture 3 colors, a minimum, a maximum, and a "pulse".  Based on which driver and min/max you select for each slot the corresponding script will adjust the color of that slot, either continuously updating if a stat is selected, or updated via triggers so that it's less resource intensive.  The "pulse" comes as a separate condition that can be selected, this will apply the "pulse" color and then fade down once the condition is no longer met.  I've included a "get all" button in the MCM for each so that you can pre set min / max / pulse in racemenu and pull all of each type at once since doing otherwise would take forever.  I currently accommodate up to 14 30 body slots, 6 12 hand slots, 6 12 feet slots and 6 12 face slots, with checks run at game load to see if this number has changed.  Has FISS integration once you have things set where you like them.  This mod currently does not check if other mods are working on the slots chosen, so please be mindful of other mods when picking your slots as things could get messy if you're using another mod that changes slot colors, like PlayerSuccubusQuest or Blush When Aroused.

I've tested the SE version but I've been mostly playing LE lately.  Please let me know if you find anything game breaking.  Most effects are spell based and the menu script removes all of them and adds them back if the main switch is active each time you load and each time you close the MCM, so to remove the mod just turn off the main switch in the MCM and you should be good to uninstall.

The color drivers are:

• Any skill
  • Character level
  • Armor level
  • Magic resist (V0.2)
  • Game time increasing / decreasing (V0.2)
  • Any stat
  • If you have Frostfall: (V0.2)
    • Player exposure
  • If you have SexLab:
    • Number of human partners
    • Number of creature partners
    • Humans vs creatures
    • Creatures vs humans
    • Enjoyment (V0.2)
  • If you have Aroused:
    • Arousal level

The pulse conditions are:

• None (default)
  • On skill level increase, only if the slot driver is a skill, only when that skill increases
  • On character level up
  • On combat, including drawing weapon, spell or just entering combat
  • On being hit
  • On casting a spell
  • Continuous (V0.2)
  • If you have SexLab/SLSO:
    • On orgasm

Version 0.2:

Requires a clean save as I had to reinitialize arrays.  The move to individual pages for slot definition removed my hard cap of 14 slots due to the limitation on number of number of elements on a single MCM page.  The current cap is pretty arbitrary but I've found more than 10ish slots on a single driver, like a stat, can cause a bit of script lag.

Background:

This is the first mod I've made that I'm putting out there, also my first foray into scripting.  As such I would appreciate feedback if anybody takes a peek under the hood on ways to improve / optimize things.  I originally got the idea early this year from playing with PlayerSuccubusQuest and using the tats based on satiation in that mod.  I couldn't find any mods out there that did anything like this so I started coding.  I've probably re-written these scripts 5 times each as I figured out how things worked.

Requirements:

SkyUI - for MCM

RaceMenu - for the overlays

FISS - technically optional

Optional, having these will give you more options for drivers and/or pulse conditions:

SexLab

SexLab Aroused (I imagine any variant would work)

SexLab Separate Orgasm

Known Bugs:

• For some reason the color swatch doesn't always recognize certain values from the blue color component slider, but the slot color definition works anyway, no idea why this sometimes happens.
  • There are certain occasions where the pulse function will miss a condition, such as pulling out and putting away a weapon several times too rapidly.  To fix this simply cycle through weapon out / away giving a second pause after each action.
  • If you are casting spells in rapid succession the script monitoring that may miss a trigger and you might end up holding a spell without the pulse active.  To fix this put the spell away or finish casting, the script should catch the next iteration.
  • Even though I deleted all the spell names so they didn't generate notification spam I still get a single instance of a notification " added " that happens, not sure how to stop that.

Future plans:

• Add more pulse conditions as they occur to me, maybe a slow continuous pulse like some daedric weapons.
  • Adding more drivers, like possibly enjoyment.
  • Add a check for certain popular mods that use overlay slots, like blush when aroused or BiS, and lock access to those slots in my MCM.
  • For v0.3
    • Add on attack pulse option, if I can figure out how to properly catch the event.
    • Change over to Jcontainers from property arrays.
    • Create functions to allow for other mods to use this mod to take over slots and use any of its features, or possibly define their own with existing control functions.
  • For v0.4
    • Figure out follower support, maybe.

Thanks to Hawk9969 helping me out in the technical questions forum, and Monoman1, for his soft dependency method.  And I'm not sure who all else, I dug through so many scripts trying to figure out what I was doing.

example1.gif

example2.gif

example3.gif

example4.gif

example5.gif

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    08/14/2020
  • Category
  • Requires
    SkyUI, RaceMenu
  • Special Edition Compatible
    Yes

Amazing work. Will be closely following this.

A question.

This looks similar to  "Racemenu Animated Overlays" Will they get along? I use that mod to blur out overlays until combat starts.

1 hour ago, Durante said:

This looks similar to  "Racemenu Animated Overlays" Will they get along? I use that mod to blur out overlays until combat starts.

Unfortunately if they are trying to modify the same slot then they will trip over each other.  If you know which overlay Animated Overlays is working on then you can leave those disabled in my mod and they should be OK.  Alternately if all you want is the fade in / out based on combat then you can get a similar effect playing with the settings in my MCM.  I don't have any of the extra particle effects though, and I'm not really planning those either.

Finally! We can have RGB characters to compliment our RGB Keyboard, Mouse, mousepad and desktop!

2 hours ago, Kakabishan said:

Finally! We can have RGB characters to compliment our RGB Keyboard, Mouse, mousepad and desktop!

Christmas tree cosplayers rejoice!

Actually, on second thought, I have no idea how this mod works, or at the very least, how to use it. I've read the description above and I'm still lost. What is the min and max values? How do I use them? I think those terms are whats throwing me off. Any help would be appreciated!

The way to set up each slot:

- Hit the check box to activate. Don't do this until you have the rest of the slot defined, especially the colors.

- pick a driver from the list, this is what will be tracked.  Eg. if you pick level then your character level as a number is the driver.

- Pick a pulse condition if you want.

- Set the minimum, this is how low the driver will be tracked, so if your minimum is 5 then your slot color will be set to the minimum until you pass level 5. There is a setting in the general tab to hide the slot if your driver value is below the minimum.

- Set the maximum for the driver value, anything after the maximum will keep the color set to the maximum.

For setting the colors you have to go to racemenu, set the color and alpha level you want, then go to the MCM and use the get button for that slot. You need to do this for each color you're picking, ie. min, max, and pulse.  If you're doing several slots at once I advise using racemenu presets and the "get all as" button in the general tab.  Hope this helps.

I probably should add a directions section to the write up.  I should probably also add some kind of indicator that a slot has been defined, not sure how to do that yet though.

43 minutes ago, iamzip said:

The way to set up each slot:

- Hit the check box to activate. Don't do this until you have the rest of the slot defined, especially the colors.

- pick a driver from the list, this is what will be tracked.  Eg. if you pick level then your character level as a number is the driver.

- Pick a pulse condition if you want.

- Set the minimum, this is how low the driver will be tracked, so if your minimum is 5 then your slot color will be set to the minimum until you pass level 5. There is a setting in the general tab to hide the slot if your driver value is below the minimum.

- Set the maximum for the driver value, anything after the maximum will keep the color set to the maximum.

For setting the colors you have to go to racemenu, set the color and alpha level you want, then go to the MCM and use the get button for that slot. You need to do this for each color you're picking, ie. min, max, and pulse.  If you're doing several slots at once I advise using racemenu presets and the "get all as" button in the general tab.  Hope this helps.

I probably should add a directions section to the write up.  I should probably also add some kind of indicator that a slot has been defined, not sure how to do that yet though.

Ok, so the colors are the first color in the slot? By that I mean I put blue in the body slot 1, go and hit get all, will that blue apply to ALL other slots (body slot 2, hand slot 1, etc.)? 

26 minutes ago, KillinCuzICan said:

Ok, so the colors are the first color in the slot? By that I mean I put blue in the body slot 1, go and hit get all, will that blue apply to ALL other slots (body slot 2, hand slot 1, etc.)? 

No, "get all" will go to each slot and collect its color.  This is most useful if you plan out your slot usage ahead of time and use racemenu presets to have a full palette of minimums, maximums, and pulses.

So for example if body slot 1 is blue,  body slot 2 is red, and face slot 3 is green then you hit "get all as minimum" then it will save those colors for those slots as the "minimum" color.  So in this example starting from scratch the back end would look like this:

Minimum:

Body 1: no color

Body 2: no color

Face 3: no color

Maximum:

Pulse:

Hit the "get all as min" button

Minimum:

Body 1: blue

Body 2: red

Face 3: green

Maximum:

Pulse: 

Ah ok, then it's just not woking for me then as I only used one slot to test it. No matter what I do, Racemenu resets the color after I hit "get all" to transparency, and no trigger will cause my overlays to change. Idk what I'm doing wrong, but the drivers also do not track for me as well. I'm on SE, if that helps.

I feel it. Sex. Disco sex.
Now girls can really shine.. 
I hope in the future we can see some real droid race with neon.
Good addition btw

Spoiler
7 hours ago, KillinCuzICan said:

Ah ok, then it's just not woking for me then as I only used one slot to test it. No matter what I do, Racemenu resets the color after I hit "get all" to transparency, and no trigger will cause my overlays to change. Idk what I'm doing wrong, but the drivers also do not track for me as well. I'm on SE, if that helps.

Could you send me some screen shots of your mcm, the general tab and the slot you're trying to make work? The get operation should definitely not be changing any colors, maybe there's a step you're doing that I'm missing. Sorry for the difficulty.

No its ok, probably some fuckery on my part, or I'm just slow, and not getting something. Give me a sec, and I'll post some pics.

Ok so here is a vid of all my settings. Some things are not defaulted because I was tinkering with them, but yeah, IDK whats going on. I followed exactly as you said earlier, and as soon as it updates the shanges, the colors go blank, I get no pulses, and no colors show up. Gota head to work, I will resond later, any help would be appreciated, really wanna get this to work.

Hmmm, that's odd. Try turning the main switch off and exit the menu.  Then set the 3 colors for the slot, for the sake of experimenting make them very different. Maybe try just the get buttons for the slot you're playing with for now. Once all 3 colors are set then flip the main switch to on. Then in the debug page hit the force update button, top right. Then exit the menu, and if you're using on spell try casting something. 

Wow awesome!  I wonder if there's someway to get it to work with slavetats.  I mean they do appear in Racemenu when active so it's possible I think.

40 minutes ago, Aki K said:

Wow awesome!  I wonder if there's someway to get it to work with slavetats.  I mean they do appear in Racemenu when active so it's possible I think.

If slavetats color application is fire and forget then my mod should be able to take over the color management.  This mod does not touch the overlay itself, just the color overrides.

6 minutes ago, JCPunch94 said:

for some reason only my body changes the hands face and feet dont worlk

What setting were you using? I'm not certain why that would happen.

9 hours ago, iamzip said:

Hmmm, that's odd. Try turning the main switch off and exit the menu.  Then set the 3 colors for the slot, for the sake of experimenting make them very different. Maybe try just the get buttons for the slot you're playing with for now. Once all 3 colors are set then flip the main switch to on. Then in the debug page hit the force update button, top right. Then exit the menu, and if you're using on spell try casting something. 

Ok I'm back, I followed your instructions, and it's still a bust, I'm afraid. Nothing updates, nothing pulses. I'm at a loss here lol.

5 minutes ago, KillinCuzICan said:

Ok I'm back, I followed your instructions, and it's still a bust, I'm afraid. Nothing updates, nothing pulses. I'm at a loss here lol.

I think I'm going to make a start out video when I get time, I forget sometimes I've been staring at it for months.  Sorry you're having such trouble with it.

Its cool, at least you are responding and helping, thats refreshing to see in a mod author. Usually, I figure out my own mod issues and what not, but this time I cant. I suspect its because I dont usually bother with overlays, but this was too good a mod to pass up.

Have you tried changing to a different slot? I'm not at my pc right now so my ability to trouble shoot is limited.

I have, all slots do not work. I originally had used the first 3 slots of each section and nothing happened. I will try again though, and update you in a few.

Edit: ok I'm back, and none of the slots are working.