On 9/5/2021 at 6:23 PM, losttoho said:

The Arousal 0-100 setting is enabled, and changes in the number are reflected in the color, but the color seems to be retained even when sex starts.

Is there something wrong with the setting?

Ok, what framework are you using, sexlab or something else? The scripts were written for SL but there is a plugin on nexus for osex.  Also did you ever swap the sex of your character?  Right now the script that handles that pulse grabs that info once at initialization so even if you skipped initial character creation then changed things around it might have grabbed the wrong info.  I'm planning on correcting that in the next release.

15 hours ago, iamzip said:

さて、あなたはどのフレームワークを使用していますか、sexlabまたは何か他のものですか?スクリプトはSL用に作成されていますが、ネクサスにはosex用のプラグインがあります。また、キャラクターの性別を入れ替えたことはありますか?現在、そのパルスを処理するスクリプトは、初期化時にその情報を1回取得するため、最初のキャラクター作成をスキップしてから変更を加えた場合でも、間違った情報を取得している可能性があります。次のリリースでそれを修正する予定です。

Use sexlab.
I don't remember swapping genders, but I have redone the showracemenu several times.
Looking forward to your next release!

On 9/8/2021 at 10:01 PM, losttoho said:

Use sexlab.

Sorry then, I'm not sure what the cause is. 

On 9/8/2021 at 10:01 PM, losttoho said:

I don't remember swapping genders, but I have redone the showracemenu several times.

The way I even found the bug was a recent new game where I hopped out of character creation immediately with default Nord male then swapped after scripts initialized.  This issue would affect more than just the onsex pulse though.

10 hours ago, iamzip said:

The way I even found the bug was a recent new game where I hopped out of character creation immediately with default Nord male then swapped after scripts initialized.  This issue would affect more than just the onsex pulse though.

I have not selected any male characters in the showracemenu.

I've been playing around with different settings to replace blush when aroused, but I'm having trouble getting the blush to always show during sex.
By the way, the OnCombat pulse is working perfectly.
Anyway, I think this is a good mod.

• 2 months later...

Great mod, but I have weird effects with the MCM and wanted to ask if this is a problem with my system (clean install did not help).

The checkboxes for "Hide below min" & "Hide above max" are not working (cannot be checked), but none of the other checkboxes have any issues.

It is hiding the tattos if the driver value is outside the range, like I want it to be, but the hide options are not set. On a pulse trigger all tattos get visible and stay like this, until I go into the MCM again, close it and ZAO checks everything again.

Anyone having the same problem or an idea what i could have missed?

Skyrim SE - ZAO Active Overlays 0.3 SE - no plugin for ZAO

On 11/16/2021 at 9:43 AM, Freezman01 said:

I have weird effects with the MCM and wanted to ask if this is a problem with my system (clean install did not help).

The checkboxes for "Hide below min" & "Hide above max" are not working (cannot be checked), but none of the other checkboxes have any issues.

The only time I've seen this behavior in testing was if things get screwy when updating mid play-through.  Is this happening on a new game or on an existing save that you're updating? Updating to 0.3 on an existing save does require some save file manipulation.

On 11/16/2021 at 9:43 AM, Freezman01 said:

It is hiding the tattos if the driver value is outside the range, like I want it to be, but the hide options are not set. On a pulse trigger all tattos get visible and stay like this, until I go into the MCM again, close it and ZAO checks everything again.

Anyone having the same problem or an idea what i could have missed?

Skyrim SE - ZAO Active Overlays 0.3 SE - no plugin for ZAO

I believe this could be caused by some of the active effects not being applied properly.  I think these steps are detailed elsewhere too, but to fix this try the following:

1- turn off the mod in the MCM, save, then make a clean save. Only need to disable the esp.

2- delete the zao_cfg.json file. It should be in data/skse/plugins/StorageUtilData.

3- start a new game or coc qasmoke with the esp active. This will trigger the start up scripts to create a new cfg file.

4- quit out of the game then load your existing cleaned save.

Hopefully this helps. I haven't been able to do any department lately but fixing some of the known issues is on my list for another update.

22 hours ago, iamzip said:

The only time I've seen this behavior in testing was if things get screwy when updating mid play-through.  Is this happening on a new game or on an existing save that you're updating? Updating to 0.3 on an existing save does require some save file manipulation.

Happens even on a fresh start. I will try to clean it mid game like you described and see if helps with the weird tatto behaviour.

Sadly no success with the manual clean. I will keep my eyes open if is is incompatible with something else. FISS seems to have a problem with this mod too (Config is not saved correct). I guess something is fighting ZAO on my end.

At the moment its more of an inconvenience than a problem, maybe your next update will clear it up. I will message again if something new comes up in the meantime.

• 5 months later...

Going to drop a line here: on my latest character OnOrgasm Pulse just refuses to work. Arousal Driver and everything else works as intended. Even had the pulse working on my last character. Tried resetting the JSON. For some reason the script is just not picking up the OrgasmStart event. 

There are also a few errors in the Papyrus Log:

Spoiler

[05/06/2022 - 03:32:21AM] ERROR: Array index 10 is out of range (0-9)
stack:
    [zao_mcmquest (E7000800)].zao_menu_script.OnConfigClose() - "zao_menu_script.psc" Line 1256
    [zao_mcmquest (E7000800)].zao_menu_script.CloseConfig() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 840
    [SKI_ConfigManagerInstance (2A000802)].SKI_ConfigManager.OnMenuClose() - "SKI_ConfigManager.psc" Line 124

[05/06/2022 - 03:32:21AM] ERROR: Array index 11 is out of range (0-9)
stack:
    [zao_mcmquest (E7000800)].zao_menu_script.OnConfigClose() - "zao_menu_script.psc" Line 1245
    [zao_mcmquest (E7000800)].zao_menu_script.CloseConfig() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 840

Both these lines are repeated about five times each.

On 5/6/2022 at 2:43 AM, Papersword said:

Going to drop a line here: on my latest character OnOrgasm Pulse just refuses to work. Arousal Driver and everything else works as intended. Even had the pulse working on my last character. Tried resetting the JSON. For some reason the script is just not picking up the OrgasmStart event. 

I'm not sure what is out of sync but the OnOrgasm event is in a script attached to a quest whereas the arousal script is on a spell. I think a clean install is needed to reboot the quest. How new is the latest character and at any time did you change the character sex after the first character creation screen? Currently the bool for isfemale in the quest driven scripts fills on initialization so this can cause issues.

Please try: 

1- back up your settings.

2- turn off the mod in MCM and create a new save. 

3- turn off the esp for this mod. 

4- create another save file with the mod off.

5- optional if not also upgrading, use a save cleaner to remove all scripts with zao.

6- turn the esp back on and load the clean save, let thing initialize, load your settings and test it out.

As for the Papyrus spam, I thought I cleaned all that up in 0.3. Did you change the number of slots available in the nioverride.ini? Doing so without resetting in the MCM could cause that, in not sure what else.

2 hours ago, iamzip said:
Spoiler

I'm not sure what is out of sync but the OnOrgasm event is in a script attached to a quest whereas the arousal script is on a spell. I think a clean install is needed to reboot the quest. How new is the latest character and at any time did you change the character sex after the first character creation screen? Currently the bool for isfemale in the quest driven scripts fills on initialization so this can cause issues.

Please try: 

1- back up your settings.

2- turn off the mod in MCM and create a new save. 

3- turn off the esp for this mod. 

4- create another save file with the mod off.

5- optional if not also upgrading, use a save cleaner to remove all scripts with zao.

6- turn the esp back on and load the clean save, let thing initialize, load your settings and test it out.

As for the Papyrus spam, I thought I cleaned all that up in 0.3. Did you change the number of slots available in the nioverride.ini? Doing so without resetting in the MCM could cause that, in not sure what else.

Thanks for getting back to me! 

As far as I know, I haven't changed the PC gender as far as Skyrim is concerned, only SL Gender, during my playtime. I use Alternate Start however, so the script load on a new game is quite high. I know sometimes that can cause problems with getting mods initialized. I'll try to do a proper reset for AO. 

I did increase the number of overlay slots. If that papyrus warning is innocuous and coming from NIO then I'm not worried about it. Just thought it might be useful to mention.

PS. Doing the reset fixed the pulse issue!

Edited by Papersword
  • 3 weeks later...

I gave this mod a test run because I wanted to make my own drivers for it (saw DomainWolf's Natureborn overlays and had an idea). I can confirm the log spam in 0.3 (see attached log). It looks like the problem is coming from your OnConfigClose() trying to iterate from 0 to 30, without checking if the slots go that high.

In case anyone else was curious, I threw in the drivers I put together. The driver should put out 100 when the season matches and 0 when it doesn't - except for the last 10 days of a season, in which case it should start transitioning from one to the other (e.g. from the 21st through the 31st of Last Seed, it will start to go from 100 to 0 on summer overlays and from 0 to 100 on autumn ones). The seasons match Obsidian Weathers and the default settings for Seasons of Skyrim. It might not work on LE, since it uses a form 44 esl-flagged esp.

Papyrus.0.log CHAO Seasons.7z

On 5/28/2022 at 10:48 AM, chaimhewast said:

I can confirm the log spam in 0.3 (see attached log). It looks like the problem is coming from your OnConfigClose() trying to iterate from 0 to 30, without checking if the slots go that high.

OK, I double checked the code and you're absolutely right, I totally missed that.  I'll recompile and post a replacement script when I get time on my computer.  I don't think this will cause crashes but it definitely will cause weird behavior if you're using more than 30 body slots or more than 12 of any other slot.

Edit- changed the while loop to be based off the number of slots rather than a hard cap, hold over from v0.2

zao_menu_script.pex

Edited by iamzip
  • 2 weeks later...

Does this mod work with newer arousal mods like OSL Aroused for exemple?

Or is it only set up for the original sexlab aroused ?

Im using Ostim and OSL Aroused and in the utility tab of the Active Overlays MCM menu it says it's detected 'Arousal' but the driver for it doesn't show up in the list. I have the 'external driver' option enabled ofc.

Trying to figure out if I have some issue or if I'm doing something that was never intended to work

3 hours ago, SzForsaidh said:

Does this mod work with newer arousal mods like OSL Aroused for exemple?

The arousal driver in Active Overlays just reads the sla_Arousal faction from SexLabAroused.esm. As long as OSL Aroused is properly updating that faction, it should be compatible.

EDIT: Just did a quick test and I can confirm that OSL Aroused and Active Overlays are compatible. Make sure you have the right slot configured and enabled in Active Overlays.

Edited by chaimhewast
20 hours ago, SzForsaidh said:

Im using Ostim and OSL Aroused and in the utility tab of the Active Overlays MCM menu it says it's detected 'Arousal' but the driver for it doesn't show up in the list. I have the 'external driver' option enabled ofc.

I can see the issue, the driver won't show on the list of the sexlab option isn't ticked and the box itself won't show up if you don't have sexlab in your load order. You could work around it by having an empty sexlab.esm but that could cause other issues.  Like chaimhewast mentioned, as long as the faction handling is the same and the file name is the same it should work. I'll try to make a tweak to the script so arousal still shows up and upload later.

Also on the topic of Ostim, somebody made a plugin for it and asked me to host it on the nexus site. I haven't tested it myself.

Active Overlays - Ostim.7z

I can't figure it out :/

Mod appears to detect OSL Aroused installed

Spoiler

20220610163242_1.thumb.jpg.31878dc3fbaa10f97b2bbcd6aa637a44.jpg

I enable the mod, and all the driver/pulse options just in case.

Spoiler

20220610163440_1.thumb.jpg.73b49b0b9a327a1e50f22cde6fdd257e.jpg

But arousal doesn't show up in this list?

Spoiler

20220610163506_1.thumb.jpg.95753d014e13affabb72ee587350a0d4.jpg

I have used this mod succesfully in the past when I had SexLab and SexLab Aroused installed. But currently with Ostim and OSL Aroused it's not.

17 hours ago, chaimhewast said:

Hey thanks for testing that. Just to confirm you don't have SexLab installed like me?

Edited by SzForsaidh
15 minutes ago, iamzip said:

I can see the issue, the driver won't show on the list of the sexlab option isn't ticked and the box itself won't show up if you don't have sexlab in your load order. You could work around it by having an empty sexlab.esm but that could cause other issues.  Like chaimhewast mentioned, as long as the faction handling is the same and the file name is the same it should work. I'll try to make a tweak to the script so arousal still shows up and upload later.

Also on the topic of Ostim, somebody made a plugin for it and asked me to host it on the nexus site. I haven't tested it myself.

Active Overlays - Ostim.7z 3.71 kB · 0 downloads

Just saw your post after editing my previous post.

I have tried that addon and can confirm it works

Spoiler

20220504172942_1.thumb.jpg.8500fbdf0270c15ccbab1144d90388db.jpg

It adds 'ostim sex' 'ostim orgasm' and 'ostim excitement' as options.

I've confirmed all three of these work for me.

Btw 'ostim excitement' has nothing to do with arousal mods, rather it's a value that builds up during Ostim scenes

I'll hold off on messing around with having an empty sexlab.esm for now.

If you can find a way to have the option show without having to tick the sexlab box that would be amazing !

Thanks for taking the time.

Edited by SzForsaidh
8 minutes ago, SzForsaidh said:

I have used this mod succesfully in the past when I had SexLab and SexLab Aroused installed. But currently with Ostim and OSL Aroused it's not.

Hey thanks for testing that. Just to confirm you don't have SexLab installed like me?

I just read through the OAroused and OSL Aroused scripting source, very brief check but I suspect now that they don't handle the arousal the same way and they have different file names so the checks won't work. Unfortunately they aren't compatible for now, though if you're using sexlab you could use OSL instead of other Aroused mods.  I'll have to consider how to make this compatible with other frameworks, won't be a quick one script fix.

36 minutes ago, SzForsaidh said:

I do have Sexlab installed, but I missed that you only had OStim installed. Some other things to check - SexlabAroused.esm is enabled in your load order, and checking your character's factions to ensure it has sla_aroused with the rank at the proper arousal.

24 minutes ago, chaimhewast said:

I do have Sexlab installed, but I missed that you only had OStim installed. Some other things to check - SexlabAroused.esm is enabled in your load order, and checking your character's factions to ensure it has sla_aroused with the rank at the proper arousal.

That esm is enabled, and OSL Aroused is working fine by itself, as well as in conjunction with Conditional Expressions Extended.

I'm guessing here but from what iamzip is saying it sounds like the arousal values somehow pass through sexlab.esm and so if you don't have that mod then Active overlays can't find the arousal driver from OSL Aroused?

3 hours ago, SzForsaidh said:

I'm guessing here but from what iamzip is saying it sounds like the arousal values somehow pass through sexlab.esm and so if you don't have that mod then Active overlays can't find the arousal driver from OSL Aroused?

Okay, now that I actually have time to sit down and read the source code (of 0.3 anyway, I haven't looked at the Ostim version), I understand the reason. Active Overlays checks whether you have Sexlab.esm, and if so, adds a toggle to the general tab for Sexlab drivers. It also does a check for SexlabAroused.esm, and adds "arousal" to the list of Sexlab drivers if it's installed:

Spoiler

489830_20220610163539_1.png.e1978ca2c6268a84c76ad4faef763e10.png

So yeah, you probably could create a dummy Sexlab.esm to get Active Overlays to give you the option for arousal, but there's no telling what that could do if other mods are looking for it in their scripts, and I have no idea what would happen if you accidentally chose one of the drivers that works off Sexlab stats - at best, it would stay at its "0" value.

5 hours ago, chaimhewast said:

So yeah, you probably could create a dummy Sexlab.esm to get Active Overlays to give you the option for arousal, but there's no telling what that could do if other mods are looking for it in their scripts, and I have no idea what would happen if you accidentally chose one of the drivers that works off Sexlab stats - at best, it would stay at its "0" value.

I've looked over the OAroused scripts and it does not appear to use the same faction method of Arousal variable storage that sexlab based arousal mods do.  Given this and the fact that oaroused.esp won't trigger active overlays to show Aroused as a driver, there's no baked in compatibility, even with an empty sexlab.esm.

Now for the roller coaster. Bad news, the Aroused drive only works for sexlab based arousal.  Good news, it's easy to make a plugin for active overlays for OAruosed.  Bad news, I don't have a dev environment with OAroused, I mostly do development in LE so it's easy to support all versions. Good news, if somebody is willing to test it out I'll throw together a plugin that is compatible with OAroused, this will be an external driver so no need for the sexlab check box.

7 hours ago, iamzip said:

I've looked over the OAroused scripts and it does not appear to use the same faction method of Arousal variable storage that sexlab based arousal mods do.  Given this and the fact that oaroused.esp won't trigger active overlays to show Aroused as a driver, there's no baked in compatibility, even with an empty sexlab.esm.

I can't speak to how OAroused works, since I don't use Ostim. However, the question was about OSL Aroused, which unifies the arousal values in Sexlab Aroused and OAroused by including their plugins with the scripts modified to use native calls to an SKSE dll.

Of course, an external driver for OAroused would be the better solution than separating the Sexlab Aroused driver from the Sexlab checkbox.