4 hours ago, Yakub said:

Overlay values just set themselves to 0 whenever an event from your mod occurs ( on Spell, skill improvement etc.)

So after a pulse event?  If the event triggers again does the pulse still occur? That should only happen when the "hide below min" option is set and the value of your driver is below its minimum. Is it happening for all slots tried and all driver settings?

The only other thing I can think of is if the min and max colors weren't set properly. There isn't anything in the code to delete or reset color variables so I'm not sure why this would happen.

13 minutes ago, iamzip said:

So after a pulse event?  If the event triggers again does the pulse still occur? That should only happen when the "hide below min" option is set and the value of your driver is below its minimum. Is it happening for all slots tried and all driver settings?

The only other thing I can think of is if the min and max colors weren't set properly. There isn't anything in the code to delete or reset color variables so I'm not sure why this would happen.

Overlay disappears as soon as I charge a spell. I didn't have "hide below min" active

It works well with overlays on a custom race; in this case I use the Selachii race, with arousal as the driver.

I am only a little unnerved because ever since I added it in I do experience the somewhat occasional time where loading a new area crashes the game outright to desktop.

It's possible that this just happened to be breaking the last straw on script loading, in which case I am currently messing around with more economic alternatives otherwise amongst my mods to see if I can get it to halt outright.

Either that or I am wrongfully accusing this mod when it is in fact something else that I may have installed at the very same time that is responsible instead.

It is too early for me to say but otherwise I am very happy with the results. Seems to do the job well. Now I need to practice 3rd person combat so that I may actually see more of it in effect, lol.

Spoiler
1 hour ago, Mailer_ said:

It works well with overlays on a custom race; in this case I use the Selachii race, with arousal as the driver.

I am only a little unnerved because ever since I added it in I do experience the somewhat occasional time where loading a new area crashes the game outright to desktop.

It's possible that this just happened to be breaking the last straw on script loading, in which case I am currently messing around with more economic alternatives otherwise amongst my mods to see if I can get it to halt outright.

Either that or I am wrongfully accusing this mod when it is in fact something else that I may have installed at the very same time that is responsible instead.

It is too early for me to say but otherwise I am very happy with the results. Seems to do the job well. Now I need to practice 3rd person combat so that I may actually see more of it in effect, lol.

There is a possibility that a NiOverride call was sent before the character model loaded, but I'm not certain about that, I've done many cell changes in my testing and I haven't experienced a crash like that.  Please let me know if you for sure narrow it down, I may need to add some kind of cell change buffer if that's really the case.

4 hours ago, Yakub said:

Overlay disappears as soon as I charge a spell. I didn't have "hide below min" active

It sounds like behavior that would occur if the colors didn't get defined correctly.  To help me narrow it down please do the following:

1- go to the MCM and make sure the "Enable Mod" button is OFF.

2- go to racemenu and find different overlays for the first 3 body slots.  then make them all the same color, something very noticeable.  confirm racemenu changes.

3- go to the MCM and hit the "Collect All Slots as Minimum" button.  wait for it to say "done", should take just a second. Leave the main switch OFF.

4- go back to racemenu and change the tint and glow of all 3 body slots you did in step 2 to something very noticeably different.

5- go to the MCM and hit the "Collect All Slots as Maximum" button.  Again leave the main switch OFF.

6- last time go back to racemenu and change the tint and glow of the same 3 slots to something still different and distinct from the last two times.  confirm changes.

7- go back tot he MCM and hit the "Collect All Slots as Pulse" button.  Now turn the main switch ON.

8- go to the body slots tab and activate the first 3 body slots.  leave the driver at "Character Level" and set the pulse condition to "OnCombat" for all 3 slots.

9- exit the MCM.

10- draw your weapon.  What should happen at this point, since the color you had previously was the pulse color, is a slight blip to a different color then settle on the pulse color.

11- put your weapon away.  what should happen is a fade from your pulse color to something calculated based on your character level, assuming it's between the default limits of 1-99.  Please let me know what actually happens.

This issue shows me that I definitely need to add more to the UI for collecting / setting the colors, and to the debug tab so that you can check to see the status of the color of each slot.  I'll have to put that down for when I can update.  Sorry you guys are having troubles.  Let me know the results of the above and if it's still not doing anything then it may be some kind of conflict with another mod.

56 minutes ago, iamzip said:
  Hide contents

There is a possibility that a NiOverride call was sent before the character model loaded, but I'm not certain about that, I've done many cell changes in my testing and I haven't experienced a crash like that.  Please let me know if you for sure narrow it down, I may need to add some kind of cell change buffer if that's really the case.

It sounds like behavior that would occur if the colors didn't get defined correctly.  To help me narrow it down please do the following:

1- go to the MCM and make sure the "Enable Mod" button is OFF.

2- go to racemenu and find different overlays for the first 3 body slots.  then make them all the same color, something very noticeable.  confirm racemenu changes.

3- go to the MCM and hit the "Collect All Slots as Minimum" button.  wait for it to say "done", should take just a second. Leave the main switch OFF.

4- go back to racemenu and change the tint and glow of all 3 body slots you did in step 2 to something very noticeably different.

5- go to the MCM and hit the "Collect All Slots as Maximum" button.  Again leave the main switch OFF.

6- last time go back to racemenu and change the tint and glow of the same 3 slots to something still different and distinct from the last two times.  confirm changes.

7- go back tot he MCM and hit the "Collect All Slots as Pulse" button.  Now turn the main switch ON.

8- go to the body slots tab and activate the first 3 body slots.  leave the driver at "Character Level" and set the pulse condition to "OnCombat" for all 3 slots.

9- exit the MCM.

10- draw your weapon.  What should happen at this point, since the color you had previously was the pulse color, is a slight blip to a different color then settle on the pulse color.

11- put your weapon away.  what should happen is a fade from your pulse color to something calculated based on your character level, assuming it's between the default limits of 1-99.  Please let me know what actually happens.

This issue shows me that I definitely need to add more to the UI for collecting / setting the colors, and to the debug tab so that you can check to see the status of the color of each slot.  I'll have to put that down for when I can update.  Sorry you guys are having troubles.  Let me know the results of the above and if it's still not doing anything then it may be some kind of conflict with another mod.

I did exactly as you wrote. As soon as I drew my weapon I saw a very noticable lag, and my overlays completely disappeared.

I am running a shit ton of mods, so there might be some incompability, I will check what happens on a clean game.

17 minutes ago, Yakub said:

I've just tested it on bare minimum amount of mods required and it works perfectly.

Please let me know if you figure out which mod was causing the issue.  I'll root around in its scripts to see if I can find a way to improve mine, but it's always possible I won't be able to resolve the conflict.

This mod is amazing, I'm using it on a fully modded Skyrim and it's working perfectly.
Any chance to add a min max based on the driver to the pulse as well?
I set a few tattoos that go from invisible to fully visible depending on the mana amount and set the tattoo to be glowing oncombat, but I'd like to have the pulse (glowing version) to also go from invisible to fully visible depending on the mana amount.

22 hours ago, Fulanoo said:

This mod is amazing, I'm using it on a fully modded Skyrim and it's working perfectly.
Any chance to add a min max based on the driver to the pulse as well?
I set a few tattoos that go from invisible to fully visible depending on the mana amount and set the tattoo to be glowing oncombat, but I'd like to have the pulse (glowing version) to also go from invisible to fully visible depending on the mana amount.

I hadn't considered that as a use case, it might add a bit too much complexity to something like oncombat. I'll think on it and see if there's a way to simplify it.

23 hours ago, iamzip said:

I hadn't considered that as a use case, it might add a bit too much complexity to something like oncombat. I'll think on it and see if there's a way to simplify it.

I really hope you find a way.
Btw, this mod works greatly with LewdMarks (I still haven't tested the pulse for the orgasm, just opacity based on the arousal level)

I seem to be having the same issue as Yakub, except it doesn't work for me even with only the required mods activated. I've tried both with and without FISS installed. I'm wondering if it might be caused by the papyrus settings in Skyrim.ini or the overlay settings in nioverride.ini. I noticed that the mcm from this mod says I have 14 body slots and 6 slots for the others, while in my nioverride I have set 24 slots for either bodypart. I tried decreasing the slots to 14, 6, 6, 6 with no success.

4 hours ago, Supreme Taco said:

I seem to be having the same issue as Yakub, except it doesn't work for me even with only the required mods activated. I've tried both with and without FISS installed. I'm wondering if it might be caused by the papyrus settings in Skyrim.ini or the overlay settings in nioverride.ini. I noticed that the mcm from this mod says I have 14 body slots and 6 slots for the others, while in my nioverride I have set 24 slots for either bodypart. I tried decreasing the slots to 14, 6, 6, 6 with no success.

My MCM count for slots stops at the maximum number it's managing, so anything over that is disregarded, that shouldn't be your issue. I found a bug in the individual slot color collection code that makes them essentially useless, please try with the collect all slots button in the general tab if you haven't already.

I'm pretty close on the next iteration where I'm adding better color setting mechanics and fixing the get bugs, hopefully in the next couple weeks.

15 hours ago, iamzip said:

My MCM count for slots stops at the maximum number it's managing, so anything over that is disregarded, that shouldn't be your issue. I found a bug in the individual slot color collection code that makes them essentially useless, please try with the collect all slots button in the general tab if you haven't already.

I'm pretty close on the next iteration where I'm adding better color setting mechanics and fixing the get bugs, hopefully in the next couple weeks.

No luck with either collect all or individually setting the colors. In the testing procedure you posted earlier it says to wait for it to say done and that it may take a few seconds, is that literal? Because no matter how many slots I'm using or how many mods I'm running it says done instantly when I click.

Glad you're making progress on a  new release. Though I'm still kind of dumbfounded why it's only working for some, as I've never had any problem with overlay mods before.

I'm assuming there shouldn't be any problem installing this mid-game? I'm getting kind of anxious to start a new play-through.

I wish I understood why some people are having difficulties, the only functions beyond basic papyrus are the color get and set functions from nioverride. In the first iteration I didn't include a way to tell if the slots got defined or not, next version will have color menus in addition to the get buttons, I kind of suspect that the issues stem from empty slot definitions. The "may take a few seconds" was a catch all from my initial testing, typically should be almost instant.

8 hours ago, Supreme Taco said:

I'm assuming there shouldn't be any problem installing this mid-game?

All my testing is being done on an existing save, there shouldn't be anything that requires a new game in here.

• 3 weeks later...

Ive got an odd problem, mod works like a charm for any body slots. Racemenu or Slavetats, doesnt matter, works as intended. But i just cant make it work for face/limbs. As soon as i enable corresponding slots - color resets to default with 0 alpha. Switching between different drivers and pulse conditions doesnt seem to affect it in any way.

I do have a bunch of mods that can apply overlays as well, so its probably conflict with one of them:

STA, Apropos2, SLS, BWA, but simply disabling overlay features in those doesnt seem to do it. In case anyone encounter something similar and find a solution - please do share.

Edit: After some more tests - head/limb overlays seem to work correctly if their colores are stored using "collect all as", but not if i assign them individually for slot.

Not sure what casues this behaviour, but it is a working solution, if a little fidly. In case anyone comes here looking for one.

Yeah, sounds right, I found two bugs in my code that were detrimental to using hands, feet, and face slots. I'm about a week out on an update that fixes these bugs and adds a few drivers and pulse options. I've also completely redone the slots menu for better usability so hopefully it'll be a lot easier to define colors for everything.