SexLab Anamation Tag List/Debate

On 8/5/2020 at 4:07 PM, Seijin8 said:

and DoggyStyle

(Otherwise, fully agreed.)

Canine might be more accurate (versus Doggy), so as not to be confused with the human actors position of DoggyStyle.  Canine also covers wolves and huskies, etc.

I'm not an animator, just a user, so I'll try to limit my input to this post and let the animators/developers make the calls.  I do like using/defining standards though (so many benefits if done correctly).  Just keep in mind everyone here is likely a volunteer, so you'll have to use a gentle hand to get people to comply.

General input on tags:

• As an end user I view the tags as a way to identify if I want to enable or disable an animation (via SLAL I think).  In this context each tag is a one-word description of something in the animation (eg: CumInAss, CumInVagina [aka: creampie] or CumInMounth [aka: throatpie or mouthpie] or CumOnFace [aka: bukake] or CumOnBack, CumOnChest, Rape, Violent, Lesbian, Threesome, Foursome, Fivesome, DoublePenetration, Spitroast, Bondage, Anal, Vaginal, Oral, Breastfeeding, Fingering, Handjob, Pegging [this would be anal strap-on to male or female recipient; use "strap-on" for female on female vag.], Boobjob [aka: paizuri] ), anything that can remove ambiguity is worth striving for.
  • Code is written once but read hundreds of times (as in you read it A LOT more frequently than you need to type it, so make it clear and concise for anyone else who has to read it too).  Getting lazy at the expense of clarity is not a good long-term strategy, anyone should be able to read a tag and know exactly what it means, not just the author.
  • Try no to get buried in covering all the edge cases, try to group tags together.  Furniture is an example, this could easily lead to dozens of variants, consider just using "furniture".  With SLAC (I think) you can identify the running animation by its name to then disable in SLAL if necessary.
  • 50 tags is better than 500, try to re-use, group or eliminate similar tags where possible.  Failing that, adopt some sort of naming convention standard.
  • Nuanced tags like "violent", "rough" or "rape" need to be well defined.  "Rough" implies some form of consent, "rape" implies NO consent, "violent" could be either (ie: spanking vs whipping vs torture) so needs a different tag, or be well defined.  Consider "violent-consent" as a variant of "violent" perhaps, but "rough" would likely also be suitable for anything consensual and edging toward violent (think 18+ vs R ratings), reserving "violent" for things without consent or that could result in real damage IRL.
  • Animators should accept using longer tags if necessary to ensure their animations are clearly identifiable (by end users and other animators/developers).
  • SexLab could define a library of standard tags animators can use that are well defined/documented and encourage animators to use the defined list.  If an animator cannot find a suitable tag, maybe adopt a "soft" standard to prepend new or custom tags with the animators ID (eg: MMG-newtag).  This can help the author to isolate their tags from the "SL defined" tags and prevent polluting the defined tags with misused/incorrect ones.  Also allows end users to identify the source of the custom tags.  If an author uses a named custom tag and abandons the animation later an alias could be created to re-tag the animation without modifying the source files.
  • Permit the use of mixed Case for readability but try to merge "identical" tags like "oral" and "Oral" to just one tag at runtime (first one wins is fine, but treat as the same tag in the MCM at least).

Gender handling:

• Define four gender types as follows (this would allow accurately target-able animations), combined with a 2 character position ID [see next item below], animators can target
    • [M] Male
    • [F] Female
    • [/S]Shemale (male body with breasts, no vag; primarily in male role)
  • Futa (female body with penis and vagina)

can be slotted in male or female role animations [interchangeable]

I considered lower case f, but a U would remove all ambiguity)

by using a gender id for futa you can create a futa in the middle chain animation (ie: left futa or female receives from middle futa, middle futa receives from right futa or male) Move toward a standard for actor order/type, or a mechanism for animators to define/override them on the fly such that no assumptions are made (prevent female in male slot or vice versa).

• Perhaps define something like a [Gender]+[Type] pair:
    • FH, MH = Female Humanoid or Male Humanoid

UH, SH = Futa Humanoid or Shemale Humanoid (SL engine may have to handle substituting UH to MH or FH in absence of UH animations or to comply with SL settings)

MC, FC = Male or Female Creature PC always the first slot, or pick NPC in 'queue' for no PC animations Advantage: loosely matches English verbal structure (eg: "a female humanoid with two male humanoids" or "a female humanoid with a male creature") Note: Humanoid can be shortened to Human but does include Argonians and other bi-pedal PC beast races With this combo you could let the SL engine pick a matching slot at random for automatic variety (same animation, different positions, as long as the gender checks pass [where UH and be treated as FH or MH, or SH as MH, as prefs in SL define]) examples:

• FHMC  = Female humanoid with one Male Creature

MHFC = Male humanoid with one Female Creature FHFH = two Female humanoids (aka: lesbian) MHFHFH = Male humanoid with 2 Humanoid Females (aka: hetero threesome, or bi-threesome) MHMHMH = Male threesome (note: if the engine could sub one or more MH slots for a UH actor, this could actually be played in up to nine different combinations, although there could be clipping) MHFHMH = threesome with two male and one female humanoids [male PC] FHMHMHMH = foursome with one female humanoid UHUH = two Futa humanoids (animator could either export a second animation swapping the actor positions, or swap actor slots at runtime for variety) UHMC = Futa humanoid with Male Creature (animator or engine could determine if UH is treated as FH or MH [give or receive]) FHUHMH = threesome, female-futa-male FCMCMC = creature threesome, one female, two male

[/S]

In case it wasn't mentioned yet, I think it would be a good idea to have the furniture tag subdivided into two to differentiate between the animations that will spawn in visible furniture and those that are meant for use on pre-existing furniture in the level.

Like furniture and furniture_invis or someting along those lines.

1 hour ago, NoNickNeeded said:

that makes sense to me, but just watch out for sexlab's "BedOnly" tag

edit: "InvisFurn" is the tag getting used for that.

4 hours ago, walkingwounded said:

Canine might be more accurate (versus Doggy), so as not to be confused with the human actors position of DoggyStyle.  Canine also covers wolves and huskies, etc.

Doggy is just the short form of DoggyStyle, (but DoggyStyle should be the only one getting used)

and Canine is already used for race identification, along with wolf and dog.

(eg: CumInAss, CumInVagina [aka: creampie] or CumInMounth [aka: throatpie or mouthpie] or CumOnFace [aka: bukake] or CumOnBack, CumOnChest, Rape, Violent, Lesbian, Threesome, Foursome, Fivesome, DoublePenetration, Spitroast, Bondage, Anal, Vaginal, Oral, Breastfeeding, Fingering, Handjob, Pegging [this would be anal strap-on to male or female recipient; use "strap-on" for female on female vag.], Boobjob [aka: paizuri] )

most of those tags are already tags.

"violent", "rough" or "rape"

the "Aggressive" tag covers that, sexlab itself uses that one tag to identify these things.

SexLab could define a library of standard tags animators can use that are well defined/documented and encourage animators to use the defined list.  If an animator cannot find a suitable tag, maybe adopt a "soft" standard to prepend new or custom tags with the animators ID (eg: MMG-newtag).  This can help the author to isolate their tags from the "SL defined" tags and prevent polluting the defined tags with misused/incorrect ones.  Also allows end users to identify the source of the custom tags.  If an author uses a named custom tag and abandons the animation later an alias could be created to re-tag the animation without modifying the source files.

scripts are binary, do or do not, there is no maybe.

1 hour ago, NoNickNeeded said:

In case it wasn't mentioned yet, I think it would be a good idea to have the furniture tag subdivided into two to differentiate between the animations that will spawn in visible furniture and those that are meant for use on pre-existing furniture in the level.

When is used a Furniture except for Bed's the tag "Furniture" is required. Don't matter if is invisibly or not because SexLab use that tag to filter the beg Animations and others mods as base for the Furniture filter. Of course in the case of those visible is also recommend the "AnimObject" Tag.

I think Billyy already have one tag for Invisible Furniture.

15 minutes ago, osmelmc said:

When is used a Furniture except for Bed's the tag "Furniture" is required. Don't matter if is invisibly or not because SexLab use that tag to filter the beg Animations and others mods as base for the Furniture filter. Of course in the case of those visible is also recommend the "AnimObject" Tag.

I think Billyy already have one tag for Invisible Furniture.

looks like "InvisFurn" is the tag

edit: added it to the list

13 hours ago, Nymra said:

you can still edit it :D

Tried, many attempts.  I think the text engine saw an "S" inside of square brackets and saw it as a format tag.  Tried formatting with strikethrough button before and after with no change (hoping it would end/close the format).  No idea what the text inputs close tag would be but did try /S in square brackets with no change.

source line 1676 shows this (as seen by browser today):

<span style="text-decoration:line-through;"><span style="text-decoration:line-through;">Shemale (male

the text decoration propagates through the rest of the post, so it may take an admin to correct at this point.  Anyway, don't want to be a further distraction.  Carry on, and good luck.

I actually use most of the cum tags for my cum overlay system as to specify or correct for more specific areas to apply the overlay.

int Function GetSceneCumType(sslBaseAnimation animation)
    int cumType = CUM_NONE

; First we check the tags for some more specific types.
    if (animation.HasTag("Facial"))
        cumType = Math.LogicalOr(cumType, CUM_FACE)
    elseif (animation.HasTag("CumInMouth") || animation.HasTag("EatingCum"))
        cumType = Math.LogicalOr(cumType, CUM_MOUTH)
    endif
    if (animation.HasTag("ChestCum"))
        cumType = Math.LogicalOr(cumType, CUM_BREAST)
    endif
    if (animation.HasTag("Creampie") || animation.HasTag("VaginalCum"))
        cumType = Math.LogicalOr(cumType, CUM_VAGINA)
    endif
    if (animation.HasTag("AnalCreampie") || animation.HasTag("AnalCum"))
        cumType = Math.LogicalOr(cumType, CUM_ANUS)
    endif

return cumType
EndFunction

• 1 month later...
On 7/4/2020 at 11:07 PM, Narcolepsy said:

Isn't the whole point of having this discussion to talk about tags in their current state, and to possibly remove unnecessary tagging and add in more relevant tags/missing tags. By no means am I demanding animators to add these tags, and I've already found ways to bypass the missing tags in certain animations, seeing as I already use them in my mod.

Again, this was merely a suggestion of tags that should be included in case a standardize list of tags was to come about. MMG mentions lacking tags in the main post, and you yourself also note about absent tags that have mod interactions. The ones I mentioned are tags that I actively use in my mod, but have to resort to other methods of grabbing the animations, since those tags aren't present in some animations.

Sexlab will add MF, FM, MMF, FFM, MMMF, etc to the tags of an animation if they do not already have those tags. It should add them to creature animation as well looking at the functions.

Edit: Actually looking at the script again there's no reason why FMC, MFC, FFC, etc. shouldn't be added to animations without those tags. Now I'm wondering what is preventing those tags from being added when I register them through SLAL.

• I also encountered this problem. How to trigger the MFC animation.have you solved this?

49 minutes ago, Nymra said:

I am currently making Forced Foreplay animations and came across a "guard search" animation.

Any previews?

Could it be turned into a normal paired animation? (Non SL. As the setup time required for a scene can be pretty long). Enforcer would have to run up a quickly grab the player without a huge pause in between. 

24 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Any previews?

Could it be turned into a normal paired animation? (Non SL. As the setup time required for a scene can be pretty long). Enforcer would have to run up a quickly grab the player without a huge pause in between. 

its from rohzima SLAL which is no longer online. I have permission to use in my SLAL pack tho. 
I have no experience with paired animations so I cant tell. I send you a PM

maybe the guard search could be called via Sexlab with a line like "get over here for a search" -> then reposition actors to a predefined position next to the gate (for each city find a good spot) and when the blur/fade to black lifts you are at that spot searched by the guard. At least that would make it a good narrative and integrate the "animation starting phase" in to the story.

I wanted to suggest a fixed spot for Sex Scenes and even dances in front of the gates anyway. Especially Whiterun has perfect spots for that. I dont think the guards would want to be too open when it comes to how they can be paid via sex and stuff :P 

28 minutes ago, Nymra said:

maybe the guard search could be called via Sexlab with a line like "get over here for a search" -> then reposition actors to a predefined position next to the gate

i have dialogue scripts like that in SL Dragons, Eg move dragons to maker for sex:

Spoiler

;BEGIN FRAGMENT CODE - Do not edit anything between this and the end comment
;NEXT FRAGMENT INDEX 1
Scriptname aaaDFQSL_Scene_PaarOnOda_Oral Extends TopicInfo Hidden

;BEGIN FRAGMENT Fragment_0
Function Fragment_0(ObjectReference akSpeakerRef)
Actor akSpeaker = akSpeakerRef as Actor
;BEGIN CODE
Debug.Trace("SLDragons starting aaaDFQSL_Scene_PaarOnOda_Oral")
actor[] activeActors = new actor[2]
activeActors[0] = ActorSlot1
activeActors[1] = ActorSlot2
System.StartSceneTagNPCLocation(activeActors,"Creature,Oral","Bestiality,Anal",aaaOdaviingWaitMarker)
;END CODE
EndFunction
;END FRAGMENT

;END FRAGMENT CODE - Do not edit anything between this and the begin comment

aaaDFQSL_System property System Auto
Actor Property ActorSlot1 Auto
Actor Property ActorSlot2 Auto
ObjectReference Property aaaOdaviingWaitMarker Auto

you would need a different "aaaDFQSL_System" that is setup for human animations, but i happen to already have such a file if you need it.

I didn't see spanking on the list of tags ?

Also I always though of Necro, Sleep, and faint as being basically the same thing. Subject is not responsive to actions, basically just laying there. The only reason I would think you'd need to differentiate Necro from the other two would be the ability to tell a mod to close the eyes or leave them open.

1 minute ago, Corsayr said:

Also I always though of Necro, Sleep, and faint as being basically the same thing.

Use tags for initiating animations would be different.  Necro likely isn't using a bed, while sleep is.  Faint and sleep may wake up at some stage.

While every animation having thirty tags isn't necessarily helpful, neither is trimming the list to remove otherwise functional tags just because some users would treat them the same.

• 2 months later...

I noticed that right now is impossible to know using the tags if the Oral or Anal tag make reference to the Humanoids or the Creatures.

I think is good idea use one tag like "CreatureDom" to indicate when the creature is not the one receiving the Oral, Vaginal or Anal. That way is easier for the programers set Filters to scenes like those with the Player/NPC assaulted by a creature or where the Player/NPC have forbidden the Vaginal, Oral or Anal because is using some Device; on those cases with the tag is possible filter the right animations for the scene.

2 hours ago, osmelmc said:

I noticed that right now is impossible to know using the tags if the Oral or Anal tag make reference to the Humanoids or the Creatures.

I think is good idea use one tag like "CreatureDom" to indicate when the creature is not the one receiving the Oral, Vaginal or Anal. That way is easier for the programers set Filters to scenes like those with the Player/NPC assaulted by a creature or where the Player/NPC have forbidden the Vaginal, Oral or Anal because is using some Device; on those cases with the tag is possible filter the right animations for the scene.

"CreatureSub" may be better, less animations to re-tag that way.....but what if someone makes a animation that has both at the same time??

4 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

"CreatureSub" may be better, less animations to re-tag that way.....but what if someone makes a animation that has both at the same time??

My main concern are the Humanoids so if the Animation have both Actors types changing roles the Animation will need the "CreatureSub" tag.

Conclusion: CreatureSub on each Animation where the creature is receiving Oral, Anal or Vaginal

• 1 month later...

Sorry, about reviving this old topic but I have a question about the proper tags to apply to Futas to ensure maximum capability with animation callers like SexLab Romance. Considering SexLab Romance only looks for one tag per option (Oral, Vaginal, Anal, etc.) Futa animations tagged M-F and F-F can lead to air humping and stroking mostly because both participants are defined as females in the JSON.  No strap-ons get applied due to the lack of a defined male role as well.

The incorrect tagging is also problematic if you use any of several mods to change Futa gender to male in SexLab to prevent strap-on appearances and enable Cumshot ejaculations as there exists no animations in the most popular packs besides Male to Male tagged MM. Would it not help the consistency of these animations if they were tagged MM instead of FF?

• 2 months later...

I have a question, maybe someone has an anwer:

I am sending the "aggressive" tag to Sexlab for my animations. Does this bother creatures? I mean Creature Animations usually dont have the aggressive tag (and I think sexlab cannot add it, too). 
So will animations with only 1 human and say 2 creature actors NOT play when the aggressive tag comes with it? 

sslBaseAnimation= SexLab.AnimSlots.GetbyTags(2, "Aggressive", "", true)                    ;NYMRA ANIMATION TAG HERE. ADD RANDOM?        are tags the creature group problem?
    endif
    if cfgqst.ShowDebugMessages
        Debug.Trace("NAKED DUNGEONS: 2-person animations found: "+Animations1.Length) ;Length SHOWS THE ACTORS OMG! ("actor","actor","actor")
    endif
    if AggressorCount > 1                ;3P ANIMS
        sslBaseAnimation= SexLab.AnimSlots.PickByActors(SexLab.MakeActorArray(cfgqst.PlayerRef, Aggressors[0], Aggressors[1]), Aggressive=true)
            Debug.Trace("NAKED DUNGEONS: 3-person animations found: "+Animations2.Length)
        endif
        if AggressorCount > 2            ;4P ANIMS
            sslBaseAnimation= SexLab.AnimSlots.PickByActors(SexLab.MakeActorArray(cfgqst.PlayerRef, Aggressors[0], Aggressors[1], Aggressors[2]), Aggressive=true)
                Debug.Trace("NAKED DUNGEONS: 4-person animations found: "+Animations3.Length)
            endif
        endif
    endif