SexLab Anamation Tag List/Debate

On 7/5/2020 at 9:26 PM, Billyy said:

I'm pretty sure you're correct. It was just kind of wishful thinking on my part that it'd work, or that code might change to allow for external animations to be used. Regardless I'll probably remove those tags as I've not really had much luck with those filters anyway.

I hope that doesn't refer to useful DD tags in general. Turning the filters off in DD is one of the first things i do when i set up a new game, mostly because it breaks creature animations but also because of the hard coded list. And then beeing able to manually search for appropiate animations via SL tools is a huge improvement imho. :) I'm very much up for something like a "Yoke" tag, for example.

SexLab Framework most relevant Tag's

"Aggressive"    :Indicate the animation is of type Aggressive/Vilent, used to calculate de pain level of the actor expression, taked on cosidetation for the actor skills but a victim need to be defined too to be recorded.
"LeadIn"    :Indicate the animation is of type Lead-In/Foreplay. Those animations don't have penetration exept maybe Oral (SexLab don't reconize the "Foreplay" Tag just "LeadIn")
"Sex"    :Indicate the animation is sexual type
"Anal"    :Indicate the animation is sexual type, with Anal penetration of any type, is recorded on the actor skills when the animation End
"Vaginal"    :Indicate the animation is sexual type, with Vaginal penetration of any type, is recorded on the actor skills when the animation End. Also means at less one female actor is involved in the animation.
"Oral"    :Indicate the animation is sexual type, using the mouth except for Kissing, is recorder on the actor skills when the animation End
"Dirty"    :Indicate the animation is of type Lewd, is recorder on the actor skills when the animation End. Can be used to filter the animations based on the current sex skills of the actors involved on the animation and probably was the idea.
"Loving"    :Indicate the animation is of type Pure, is recorder on the actor skills when the animation End. Can be used to filter the animations based on the current relationship of the actors involved on the animation.

"Pussy"    :Indicate the animation make use of the female genitals usualy without penetration, is recorded on the actor skills like Vaginal when the animation End. Also means at less one female actor is involved in the animation.
"Breast"    :Indicate the animation make use of the Breast. Also means at less one female actor is involved in the animation.

"BedOnly"    :Indicate the animation can only be used on Beds not including Bedrolls
"Standing"    :Indicate the animation include Standing Position, Those animations can be excluded from Beds using the SexLab MCM Option
"Furniture"    :Indicate the animation include some Furniture except Beds, Those animations are compleaty excluded from Beds use.

---------------------------------------
The SexLab Utility Plus also check for others tags:

"Cunnilingus"    :Indicate the animation make use of the mouth on the female genitals. Also means at less one female actor is involved in the animation.
"Futa"    :Means at less one Futa actor (with penis and Vagina) is involved in the animation. if the futa actor don't have both genitals shuld be considered Male or Female to aviod issues. The tag together with the "sexlab gender faction" of the actor allow sort the actors and place the futa actor on the rigth position.

"DoggyStyle", "Missionary", "Laying", "Standing", "Cowgirl"    : To play a matching idle on the animation End when use the RagDoll option. (Still working on it)

"Chair"    :For animations with furnitures type Chair without arms at the sides. Also need the tag "Furniture" to be valid
"Throne"    :For animations with furnitures type Throne or Chair with arms at the sides. Also need the tag "Furniture" to be valid
"Bench"    :For animations with furnitures type Bench; include those Benchs on tables but not the table. Also need the tag "Furniture" to be valid
"Table"    :For animations with furnitures type Table. Also need the tag "Furniture" to be valid
"AlchemyWorkbench"    :For animations with furnitures type AlchemyWorkbench. Also need the tag "Furniture" to be valid
"EnchantingWorkbench"    :For animations with furnitures type EnchantingWorkbench. Also need the tag "Furniture" to be valid
"BlacksmithWorkbench"    :For animations with furnitures type BlacksmithWorkbench and few othes with similar structure. Also need the tag "Furniture" to be valid
"Coffin"    :For animations with furnitures type Coffin. Also need the tag "Furniture" to be valid
"Wall"    :For animations with furnitures type Wall. Also need the tag "Furniture" to be valid
"Pillory"    :For animations with restrictive furnitures type Pillory. Also need the tag "Furniture" to be valid
"Rack"    :For animations with restrictive furnitures type TortureRack. Also need the tag "Furniture" to be valid
"Pole"    :For animations with restrictive furnitures type Pole. Also need the tag "Furniture" to be valid
"XCross"    :For animations restrictive with furnitures type XCross. Also need the tag "Furniture" to be valid
"TiltedWheel"    :For animations restrictive with furnitures type TiltedWheel. Also need the tag "Furniture" to be valid
"RPost1"    :For animations restrictive with furnitures type RPost1. Also need the tag "Furniture" to be valid
"RPost2"    :For animations restrictive with furnitures type RPost2. Also need the tag "Furniture" to be valid
"RPost3"    :For animations restrictive with furnitures type RPost3. Also need the tag "Furniture" to be valid
"RPost4"    :For animations restrictive with furnitures type RPost4. Also need the tag "Furniture" to be valid
"RPost5"    :For animations restrictive with furnitures type RPost5. Also need the tag "Furniture" to be valid
"RPost6"    :For animations restrictive with furnitures type RPost6. Also need the tag "Furniture" to be valid
"WoodenHorse"    :For animations restrictive with furnitures type WoodenHorse. Also need the tag "Furniture" to be valid
"ShackleWall"    :For animations restrictive with furnitures type ShackleWall. Also need the tag "Furniture" to be valid
"Stockade"    :For animations restrictive with furnitures type VerticalStockade. Also need the tag "Furniture" to be valid

"Vampire"    :Means at less one Vampire actor need to be involved in the animation, usualy feeding.
"Mage"    :Means at less one Mage actor need to be involved in the animation.(Check for the magic factions)
"Alchemy"    :Means at less one Alchemyst actor need to be involved in the animation.(Check for the Alchemy factions)

"Bound", "Wrists"    :Involve Devious Device and ZaZ Boundage Keywords
"Armbinder"    :Involve Devious Device and ZaZ Armbinder Keywords
"Yoke"    :Involve Devious Device and ZaZ Yoke Keywords except DeviousYokeBB
"BBYoke"    :Involve Devious Device DeviousYokeBB Keyword

"Boobjob"    : Excluded in case of actors with Devious Device or ZaZ PreventBreast Keywords, same apply for the "Breast" tag
"Blowjob"    : Excluded in case of actors with Devious Device or ZaZ PreventOral Keywords, same apply for the "Oral" tag

"Vaginal", "Anal" : Also excluded in case of actors with Devious Device or ZaZ PreventAnal or PreventOral Keywords. In those cases is useful when Animations have the "Pussy" or "Anus" tags like with the rubbing Animations because that way don't break the immersion if the mod was searching for those tags too.

Tags for debate:

"AggressiveDefault": Is not to be treated as Aggressive. Is really used to know the Animations with "Aggressive" Tag defined by the Author. Was needed because some Mods like "Aroused Creatures" and "SLATE" allow add or remove the "Aggressive" Tag making difficult know if was originally tagged as Aggressive or Not.

"Beds": This one is mostly cosmetic because have not real use and should be avoided instead the "BedOnly" Tag together when required with "DoubleBed" or "SingleBed".  The Double and Single Beds Tag's just in case when the Animation required for example: 

1. If the amount of Actos is bigger than 2 you probably can't use a single bed.

2. If some of the actors is outside of the bed and the other inside of the bed and both interacting. In this case if the Animation was made with one bed type in main when you run the same Animation over the other bed type you will get the actors misalignment, of course you can try to align it but them will be misaligned for the original bed.

*** of course for I know nobody is detecting those two tags, not even l. At less for now.

"Breastfeeding":  This one is not for debate. I just think more Animations of the type are needed.

"Creampie", "AnalCreampie", "ChestCum", "HandCum", "Facial", "CumInMouth", ...: Are mostly cosmetic and some of them should be avoided. For that already exists an internal stage tag to indicate the moment and type of Cum. Of course SexLab just take in consideration the "Vaginal, Anal, Oral" and sure need to be improved to also allow the "Back, Hand, Face, Chest, Foot" but that's another story. The point is the Animation tags are not the best way for that.

"Foreplay": This Tag is not recognized by SexLab and tends to cause confusion the tag used by SexLab is "LeadIn". Just be sure have not penetration.

"Furniture": Is for all the Animations involving Furniture except Beds. Not matter if the furniture is one AnimObject or invisibly. The furniture tag is exclude on bed Animations but recently Ashal include one tag for that specific use "NoBed" I think (is just on the GifHub for now)

"AnimObject": Is for indicate that the Animation use some AnimObject (not Furniture) and can be useful to know if you need some file in case the Animation have the tag and not show any object.

"MovingDick": Is for ABC Animations mostly and like the AnimObject tag is useful to know if you need some file because the Animation have the tag but don't show any special penis Animation.

"Pussy": This one is useful in case of ZaZ or Devious Device been used with the Vaginal restrictions.

"Anus": This one is useful in case of ZaZ or Devious Device been used with the Anal restrictions.

"Mouth": This one is useful in case of ZaZ or Devious Device been used with the Oral restrictions. Not sure about this one.

"Penis": Means at less on male actor is involved in the Animation. But in this case is probably better just use the corresponding Genders Tags and the "Straight, Gay, Lesbian" Tags

"FemDom": Is for the Aggressive Animations with the Aggressor/Victim role inverted the expected is the first female in the victim role so this Tag should inform that the First Female position is considered the Aggressor. Not many Mods make good use of this tag but have many possibilities. I thinking on add the tag to my filters.

"DomSub", "MaleDom": Useless from my point of view.

"Bondage": Not sure if anyone use it on filters. ZaZ check for the "Bound" and "Wrists" Tag's (me too in the Utility Plus), DD don't check for tags so "Bound" is recommended.

"Mage": Any Animation with magic dildos, levitating actors or objects, spells of any type, Enchanting Workbench; should be tagged as "Mage". 

"Alchemy": Any Animation with potions, alchemy ingredients, Alchemy Workbench; should be tagged as "Alchemy"

8 hours ago, osmelmc said:

Double and Single Beds

Not strictly relevant to tags, but people might not know:

When Sexlab is told to use a bed it consults a set of formlists.  One is a list of all known bed types (so it doesn't mistake a poorly modded chair for a bed).  If it finds an object on this list, it then checks against the other two formlists.  One is a list of "bedroll" style beds (meaning basically on the ground), and the other is a list of double beds.  It then makes a height adjustment based on the subtype of bed to try to get actors properly aligned to it.

Point being that Sexlab innately differentiates between these (when it has the bed in the bed list; modded beds need to be added to it), but doesn't do so based on tags.

Sadly, in the last test I did with it, the bed search doesn't seem to check if the bed is enabled or not, so you may get some oddities with Hearthfire homes and movable/toggleable furniture.  In short, it still "sees" a disabled bed.

8 hours ago, Seijin8 said:

Sadly, in the last test I did with it, the bed search doesn't seem to check if the bed is enabled or not, so you may get some oddities with Hearthfire homes and movable/toggleable furniture.  In short, it still "sees" a disabled bed.

Good to know. I think that was fixed on the SE version but I will check anyway. 

The reason for me talking about the "SingleBed" and "DoubleBed" is because I currently working on fix SexLab issues and adding functions. That's one of the issues I found for few bed Animations currently tagged as Furniture with the bed as AnimObject. 

Is true right now don't check for those tags but that can be changed if is really needed.

I am using "ABC" as Tag in my RapeRedux SLAL packs because MovingDick is missleading and also too long to type. When I want an ABC animation I can just type ABC in SEXLABtools which is faster.

I m also using AggressiveDefault ALOT because I hate to have to set all the aggressive anims manually all the time (and even SLATE and Co is annoying to use). 
All my packs use aggressiveDefault on all animations, even some "non-aggressive" ones that could at least be also interpreted as some kind of rape (with the victim forced to serve or like it). 

What I also appreciate is when a creature animation is named "(ABC)" in the animation name, too. Helps alot with bugfixing because the whole MNC + Animal SOS + ABC is a big mess and I still get headaches making it work. So knowing what animation is what helps a bit. I add the "(ABC)" to all anim names in my modified SLAL packs at least. 

I don't see any Tag to let know all the actors are Futa. Anyone have one tag for that?

I'm working on a Futa filter and want to get rid of the Animations with all the positions for Futa if only one of the actors is Futa.

Suggestions???

51 minutes ago, osmelmc said:

I don't see any Tag to let know all the actors are Futa. Anyone have one tag for that?

I'm working on a Futa filter and want to get rid of the Animations with all the positions for Futa if only one of the actors is Futa.

Suggestions???

i'm sure i've seen a Futa tag somewhere....i just can remember where.

Edit: it was billyy, he has a Futa SLAL Pack, and they are tagged as "Futa"

4 hours ago, WCSC said:

necro?

maybe in FB's animations?

33 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

i'm sure i've seen a Futa tag somewhere....i just can remember where.

Edit: it was billyy, he has a Futa SLAL Pack, and they are tagged as "Futa"

Yes I know that tag but means at less on Futa is involved. What I meant is some Futa Animations have just one Futa actor and in others all the actors are Futa

I just noticed that recently working on the filter.

The current Futa author's I have are:

@Billyy, @AnubiSs2167 and @Gunslicer

I was expecting some suggestions for a new tag.

23 minutes ago, osmelmc said:

Yes I know that tag but means at less on Futa is involved. What I meant is some Futa Animations have just one Futa actor and in others all the actors are Futa

I just noticed that recently working on the filter.

The current Futa author's I have are:

@Billyy, @AnubiSs2167 and @Gunslicer

I was expecting some suggestions for a new tag.

A1Futa, A2Futa? or FutaA1, FutaA2?

edit: FutaAll? - AllFuta?

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/11/2020 at 4:59 PM, MadMansGun said:

A1Futa, A2Futa? or FutaA1, FutaA2?

edit: FutaAll? - AllFuta?

I was waiting to see if some of the Futa author's give his opinion about the new tag but since none. 

I will use the "FutaAll" for my filters and allow the user add the tag with the SLATE.

Thanks.

On 7/28/2020 at 11:49 PM, osmelmc said:

I was waiting to see if some of the Futa author's give his opinion about the new tag but since none. 

I will use the "FutaAll" for my filters and allow the user add the tag with the SLATE.

Thanks.

I'll throw the FutaAll tag into the release pipeline to have included in my SLAL for them fewt animations. As strictly just an animator I don't really have opinions on tags as I don't understand what the end users/mod authors necessarily want/need.

3 minutes ago, Billyy said:

I'll throw the FutaAll tag into the release pipeline to have included in my SLAL for them fewt animations. As strictly just an animator I don't really have opinions on tags as I don't understand what the end users/mod authors necessarily want/need.

the first and most important thing is accurate use of the base tags. A yoke anim should have bound and yoke, a furniture, bound and furniture, all aggressive animations should have aggressive + aggressivedefault, doggys should have doggy, cowgirl cowgirl and so on. 
Especially aggressive tag is not used commonly and required alot of work to add them to my customized slal packs (even to animations that are clearly aggressive beforehand). 

ABC Animations should ideally have "ABC" in their animation name appearing in game (mainly for bugfixing tho). 

MMF/MMMF etc, should ideally also appear in the name and as correct in tags. 

4 hours ago, Billyy said:

? Some tags are defined by the SexLab or Mod author's but most of the tags are defined by the Animation Author's, maybe not intentionally but when they use it and other animator see it and like it soon start making use of the same tag and eventually everybody is using the tag.

So don't think for a moment you don't have opinion. In fact the option of the Animation Author's is the most appreciated here. And I this case as one of the few Futa animator's I know is even more appreciated.

By the way I'm a programmer and even if I know how make the Animations my 3D skills are too low to do it.?

4 hours ago, Nymra said:

. A yoke anim should have bound and yoke, 

Not good idea have both tags on the same Animation that makes the Animation harder to filter.

In my case I consider the "Yoke" tag as one of the tags to search when I looking for Bound Animations but when I looking for Yoke Animations I remove all the Bound Animations from the list so if both tags are in the same Animation, that Animation don't be showed when I search for Yoke.

Others Mod author probably do the same.

1 minute ago, osmelmc said:

Not good idea have both tags on the same Animation that makes the Animation harder to filter.

In my case I consider the "Yoke" tag as one of the tags to search when I looking for Bound Animations but when I looking for Yoke Animations I remove all the Bound Animations from the list so if both tags are in the same Animation, that Animation don't be showed when I search for Yoke.

Others Mod author probably do the same.

yeah, that is a problem I agree.

Basically there should be the following tags:

BoundAll 
Bound 
Yoke 

While this is also not tcorrect. bound should be cuffed or BoundWrists because that would be more accurate. 
Neverending story I guess...

For me I use Yoke animations without DD. So if a Yoke animation plays the animobject is used. I want to see those animations just more often. 

39 minutes ago, Nymra said:

yeah, that is a problem I agree.

Basically there should be the following tags:

BoundAll 
Bound 
Yoke 

While this is also not tcorrect. bound should be cuffed or BoundWrists because that would be more accurate. 
Neverending story I guess...

For me I use Yoke animations without DD. So if a Yoke animation plays the animobject is used. I want to see those animations just more often. 

"Bound" and "Wrists" are almost the same and can be together.

"Cuff" make reference to the AnimObject and should be together with "Bound" because just few Mods search for the "Cuff" tag 

BoundAll: not sure if is really needed because DDi already use the "SubSub" tag and means both Actors have some restraining and to say the restraining combination just add the restraining type tags for example:

1. "Bound, SubSub" - For two Cuffed or Bound Actors

2. "Bound, Yoke, SubSub" - For one actor Bound or Cuffed and the other with Yoke

3. "Armbinder, Yoke, SubSub" - For one actor with Armbinder and the other with Yoke.

I still don't see any Animation for 3 Actos with all restrained but supposed following the same structure the tag should be "SubSubSub" or just the "SubSub" suppose the first making the Animation should decide. By the way for the 3 Actos with 2 of them restrained the tag "DomSubSub" seems correct.

6 hours ago, Billyy said:

I don't understand what the end users/mod authors necessarily want/need.

a simple example of tags in use:

System.StartSceneTag(akSpeaker, "Oral", "HCOS,FemWerewolf,69,Vaginal,Anal")

this is from SexLab Dragons (aaaDFQSL_Dialogue_Sex_WWBlowJobG) and is used in a dialogue option to start blowjob animations with a werewolf (Sinding)

"oral" is the wanted tag, and "HCOS,FemWerewolf,69,Vaginal,Anal" are the unwanted tags.

with this tag combo the only animations that will be used are the ones that have the player giving the werewolf a blowjob:

"HCOS" is blocked because that mod does not have any werewolf on human animations and i don't want it to call werewolf on werewolf animations.

"FemWerewolf" is blocked because that one is used in animations that have the werewolf in a submissive role (Eg: werewolf giving the player a blowjob)

"69" is blocked because i only want one of then to do the sucking.

"Vaginal" and "Anal" are blocked just to make sure that "Oral" is the only option.

another example:

System.StartSceneTag(akSpeaker,"Vaginal,Anal","HCOS,FemWerewolf,69,Oral,Blowjob", False)

with this one (aaaDFQSL_Dialogue_Sex_WWAnalR) both "Vaginal" and "Anal" are the wanted tags (note: the "False" at the end allows either tag, otherwise it would only allow animations that have both tags)

so in this case the only animations that will be used are the ones where the player is getting penetrated Vaginally and/or Anally.

.....and with that i just realized something

Spoiler

technically the first example should probably look like this

System.StartSceneTag(akSpeaker, "Oral, Blowjob", "HCOS,FemWerewolf,69,Vaginal,Anal", False)

i should go and fix that, because the way it is right now if a animation is missing the Oral tag but has the Blowjob tag it will most likely get skipped due to not being tagged as Oral.

53 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

.....and with that i just realized something

One of the most maddening issues with the tag system as it exists right now is that all tags are boolean.  If I have twelve tags assigned to choose a very specific type of animation, and any selection of 11 of them finds a dozen suitable animations, but together they find none, then the result is none.

That system was probably fine when Ashal built it, as there weren't many animations, but now with easily 700+ high quality human on human animations (and well over 1000 if you don't care about quality), the tag system's boolean nature really doesn't stand up so well.

I've got a system in development that alleviates this, but the degree of background work needed just to find some suitable animations from a large list throws a lot of oddities unless an oppressive number of tags are used as filters, and then the system needs to add one at a time and re-run the filter results to see how many are available with the highest degree of precision that still nets an acceptable number of animations.

This background process can take upwards of ten seconds on an above-average computer with a very stable Skyrim install.

This methodology ain't great.

51 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

One of the most maddening issues with the tag system as it exists right now is that all tags are boolean.  If I have twelve tags assigned to choose a very specific type of animation, and any selection of 11 of them finds a dozen suitable animations, but together they find none, then the result is none.

That system was probably fine when Ashal built it, as there weren't many animations, but now with easily 700+ high quality human on human animations (and well over 1000 if you don't care about quality), the tag system's boolean nature really doesn't stand up so well.

I've got a system in development that alleviates this, but the degree of background work needed just to find some suitable animations from a large list throws a lot of oddities unless an oppressive number of tags are used as filters, and then the system needs to add one at a time and re-run the filter results to see how many are available with the highest degree of precision that still nets an acceptable number of animations.

This background process can take upwards of ten seconds on an above-average computer with a very stable Skyrim install.

This methodology ain't great.

You seems to be using my Mod. 

Just kidding.?

In fact take too much for my taste even with the CACHE doing his best and the use of the "FilterTaggedAnimations" function to apply another Filter to the previously filtered Animation list. By the way that function help a bit with the Boolean Tag issue.

39 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

i'm not finding it too hard to work with, so far my biggest problems have been the lack of "69" tags in werewolf 69 animations and a way to identify submissive creature animations (the "FemWerewolf" tag works for Werewolves but nothing else has such a tag...yet)

12 minutes ago, osmelmc said:

You seems to be using my Mod. 

Just kidding.?

In fact take too much for my taste even with the CACHE doing his best and the use of the "FilterTaggedAnimations" function to apply another Filter to the previously filtered Animation list. By the way that function help a bit with the Boolean Tag issue.

Well, the approach I am taking right now (may ditch it later if it doesn't pan out) is to use a fade-to-black dialogue set for foreplay/intro with every layer of dialogue adding/adjusting tags to a slowly refined animation list.  It switches to the Sexlab scene whenever any one of the following happens:

• A) The player selects a dialogue that indicates a transition out of foreplay (runs with current list)
  • B) The list refinement hits one of its threshold values for minimum animations (treats this as an invisible continue with the dialogue and starts the scene with no further prompting -- minimum animation threshold is set by the dialogue that begins the fade-out and dialogue foreplay scene, rides condition trees from there on.)
  • C) The NPC takes over and selects for you (either their arousal hit 100 and they were done waiting, or the animation filter didn't work and went with a previously stored good animation list)
  • D) The dialogue exits (either the condition tree ran dry or the player attempted to exit and the NPC wasn't interested in having blue-balls).

The use of dialogue adds some layers that function like a menu, but aren't a menu (I hate UI/menus) and serve to set up the scene while screening the processing time in the background so it doesn't seem like it is delayed.  The dialogue also serves to transition use of Apropos more cleanly -- it flows out of the dialogue you were already using instead of appearing out of nowhere.