Spoiler
1 hour ago, Flawn said:

I've already got the VKC Themes mod and Ulfberth's AAF Patch. Is there a specific way that Themes has to installed? I've tried re-installing it, as well as AAF and its various patches.

I can always poke at a Papyrus.0.log and see if there's anythin in there, but it's usually lack of tags, unless somewhere along the way, you've used somethin like v1.3.2 (which I accidentally fucked up), and it hasn't properly updated itself. That shouldn't persist on a new game, though.

bEnableLogging = 1
bEnableTrace = 1
bLoadDebugInformation = 1

If ya haven't already, for the log, enable that, in the fallout4.ini, go test it in-game, close, and grab the log (same place the .ini's are, under Scripts). (0 = most recent, keeps logs 0-4).

13 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Edit: I just realized one of the masters is dlcrobot.esp so I guess that's the problem, I don't have automatron... is there a version for non dlc players?

Should only give you that with a few prior versions, 1.3.4 only actually has the Fallout4.esm as a master.

That's the one I've installed, also in the mod configuration menu, it says "Missing Cum Overlays.esp" sorry to bother you I only can't find the way to make it work, Can I install the mod manually without vortex? could you give a guide for that?

So im not sure what happened but after applying nahka's body texture from animated fannies (i think), the overlay doesn't work anymore :( i tried reinstalling several times, used the mcm debug option i even reinstalled aaf themes but it just doesn't work for me anymore. What am i doing wrong?

Edit: I should've probably mentioned that I play a futa character but my character is now recognized as female im AAF coz I think either due to the gender override rings from morning sex with lover mod finally kicking in (it didn't at first. I was still recognized as male but was able to do FM animations and be receiver due to my aff settings ignoring gender) or coz I applied the new body texture and built a new body with it. My futa dick is still working when having sex just not applying any cum overlays.

Any help would be appreciated.

6 hours ago, Operand said:

@Nebuchadnezzer2

Looks very promising. Does this expose any API (like - firing events when an overlay was applied)?

I'd like to integrate with my mod where having an overlay would influence actor attributes.

Nope.

Closest thing to that in here, is the Debug.Trace outputs.

One way you could do that without any mod dependencies (since you could have overlays applied by AAF itself, from the XML's), is waiting for the OnAnimStop, as I've done, waiting a few seconds, maybe 10 at most, then checking for overlays.
That or waiting for AAF's ApplyOverlaySet, and maybe also the LM Update, and checking then.

I was looking at a patch for WotC, since it uses a hardcoded list of overlays it'll remove, for when I wind up changing/adding to, the overlays in the mod. Might include a similar list in my plugin in future, that other mods like your own, can check for the current list of overlays. From there, should be relatively simple to then check my mod's installed, and grab the list as an array. ?

I see. Oh well. Didn't want to do direct AAF event subscription exactly because of the hurdles of checking and polling and so on. Plus, XML won't tell me when the overlay is expiring (i.e. there's no easy way to check that from in-game afaik).

• 2 weeks later...

Can your mod be run with the following patches and, if so, is anything added that is not included in the second?  I'm particularly interested in the face overlays and would also like some variety in the body overlays, which is why I'm considering adding your cool mod to my load order.

Ulfberths AAF Patch

Patch for animations (SquirtCum Effects, cumtattoo overlays, stages, fixes) 6.2

Erection Fix By SilverPerv v6.2.1

I know that there are more recent versions for the foregoing but I'm mid playthrough so I'd prefer not to bork a successful load order and these seem to provide the most reliable experience.

Thanks!

Just a quick question, do these clear themselves.

I thought they did but I seem to have a patch on my back that is there permanently. Or do they stay in place until there's a new and I've just been unlucky getting the animations that trigger them (hope that makes sense)

EDIT: Just tested with WOTC and that seems to do the trick (I assume it's safe to use with your mod)

37 minutes ago, spicydoritos said:

By default, they're supposed to clear after 300 seconds (I've changed mine to stay until washed out).  Once in a while they would stick around, back when I still let them auto clear, but I think that's a bug with Looksmenu.

I was wondering as I just did some testing with Violate and the others disappeared, so I'm stuck with a patch on my back which won't clear even if a shower or swim. I can get rid of it if I uninstall this mod, save and reinstall but that can be a bit risky where scripts are involved and I'm not sure I wan't to install WOTC if I don't need to.

Is there a quick way to get rid of them when this happens (console command or via slm)

EDIT: Looks like you can remove it with Looksmenu by removing the overlay ($Butt_2 in this case which is what WOTC does)

The xml with the timings looks interesting to have a play with, I might well increase the duration :classic_smile:

8 hours ago, Dez65 said:

Can your mod be run with the following patches and, if so, is anything added that is not included in the second?

Assuming you mean Indar's.

Well for a start, you don't needa wait for him to update his patch for new animations. All it needs is those anims to have the appropriate tags, and #itjustworks ?
The rest aren't relevant.
Only issue with runnin other overlay-related shit, is getting more overlays than you intended.

4 hours ago, Slorm said:

Just a quick question, do these clear themselves.

I thought they did but I seem to have a patch on my back that is there permanently. Or do they stay in place until there's a new and I've just been unlucky getting the animations that trigger them (hope that makes sense)

EDIT: Just tested with WOTC and that seems to do the trick (I assume it's safe to use with your mod)

Yeah, WOTC is fine, I was lookin at a patch for it, when I get around to messing with the .bgem's again, since it only looks for a set list of overlay names, and I was lookin at reorganising them so shit makes sense, among other things.
And @spicydoritos is correct, by default, 300sec until removal (5mins), but it can bug out and hang around.
If you want permanent-until-removed ones as you got with that bug, you can remove the entire `duration="#"` part from the XML's.
And yes, you can remove em all manually, whenever, via slm 14 :D

11 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

Yeah, WOTC is fine, I was lookin at a patch for it, when I get around to messing with the .bgem's again, since it only looks for a set list of overlay names, and I was lookin at reorganising them so shit makes sense, among other things.
And @spicydoritos is correct, by default, 300sec until removal (5mins), but it can bug out and hang around.
If you want permanent-until-removed ones as you got with that bug, you can remove the entire `duration="#"` part from the XML's.
And yes, you can remove em all manually, whenever, via slm 14 :D

Many thanks. I'll use slm for this one but will add WOTC and up the duration to 600 so it hangs around a bit longer :classic_smile:

Nice mod but the overlays are now stuck on both player and follower, even after disabling the mod and cleaning related scripts and forms with resaver. Is there any way to remove the overlays via console? I have some trouble with looksmenu and get stuck on exit (camera repeatedly drops to the ground - still looking for a fix for that).

37 minutes ago, modball said:

Nice mod but the overlays are now stuck on both player and follower, even after disabling the mod and cleaning related scripts and forms with resaver. Is there any way to remove the overlays via console? I have some trouble with looksmenu and get stuck on exit (camera repeatedly drops to the ground - still looking for a fix for that).

The issue with looksmenu camera can be turn around by drawing a weapon. I also recommend using something like Wash Out that Cum to clean the overlays in a more immersive way.
It seems to happen when the overlays are applied and you save and close your game right away (before the overlay fade out which takes 300 seconds)

7 hours ago, Ulfbearth said:

The issue with looksmenu camera can be turn around by drawing a weapon.

Thanks, that used to work but now when I exit looksmenu my character/camera is stuck until I hit weapon draw and that's when the camera goes crazy, rapidly dropping to the floor over and over. Have yet to figure out a way out of that.

Wash Out that Cum

- will give that a try, thank you.

It seems to happen when the overlays are applied and you save and close your game right away

I thought it  might be a conflict with Get Dirty/CWSS overlays but will remember to wait next time.. wait patiently. Cheers.

On 8/5/2020 at 12:28 AM, Slorm said:

EDIT: Looks like you can remove it with Looksmenu by removing the overlay ($Butt_2 in this case which is what WOTC does)

Thank you. I'd exactly the same problem and this solved the issue.

On 8/6/2020 at 4:16 AM, modball said:

Thanks, that used to work but now when I exit looksmenu my character/camera is stuck until I hit weapon draw and that's when the camera goes crazy, rapidly dropping to the floor over and over. Have yet to figure out a way out of that.

This also happens to me sometimes and, from my experience, the only thing that always solves the problem is to enter the workshop mode.
Now I only use slm when I'm in a settlement or in a place with a workshop (i.e. Home Plate).
On 8/7/2020 at 11:31 AM, dragonvale said:

Thank you. I'd exactly the same problem and this solved the issue.

This also happens to me sometimes and, from my experience, the only thing that always solves the problem is to enter the workshop mode.
Now I only use slm when I'm in a settlement or in a place with a workshop (i.e. Home Plate).

Thanks, I will try that but the camera is sinking into the floor so rapidly that so far I have not been able even activate a storage container or follower. Gotta be a fix waiting to be discovered.

On 8/11/2020 at 1:24 PM, modball said:

Thanks, I will try that but the camera is sinking into the floor so rapidly that so far I have not been able even activate a storage container or follower. Gotta be a fix waiting to be discovered.

Are you using Custom Camera or another mod that messes with camera settings?  If you are, and if you haven't already downloaded it, you might want to try the "Barber & Surgeon Camera Fix" on Nexus.  It forces camera settings to revert to vanilla settings temporarily when using the surgeon, barber, or looks mirror then sets it back to modded settings after.  It might help with your issue.

I also had an issue with the permanent overlay, and WOTC didn't get rid of it, but I was able to remove it in LooksMenu.

Spoiler
7 hours ago, modball said:

Thanks, yes I have that installed, as well as Custom Camera and FreeFlyCam. Probably a conflict in there somewhere I will have to sort out.

I've heard the FreeFlyCam has issues in AAF scenes, someone mentioned it in the last couple weeks on the LL discord. If I recall correctly, need to change the keybinds for the FreeFlyCam.

On 8/11/2020 at 7:24 PM, modball said:

As I said, this is exactly what happens to me too and and I haven't installed any mods that change the camera settings.

I don't know if your settings are different, but when it happens to me I hold down the "V" key or the middle mouse button to activate the workshop mode (both works).

6 hours ago, dragonvale said:

As I said, this is exactly what happens to me too and and I haven't installed any mods that change the camera settings.

I don't know if your settings are different, but when it happens to me I hold down the "V" key or the middle mouse button to activate the workshop mode (both works).

I will try this in a settlement, ty

On 8/5/2020 at 8:16 PM, modball said:

I had this issue too. One thing I found works every time is to enter a masturbation scene in AAF Sex 'Em Up by holding down the Active Key in that mod. After the scene ends the camera returns to normal. Might also be possible to create a scene through AAF itself to fix the camera.