10 hours ago, Scrab said:

Yes but all my mod essentially does is equipping the thing for X hours/days. Thats it

JF itself only has 1 Creature Event thus far and that one cannot be disabled, so the Bestiality Toggle is currently unused. This option is a "master switch" for all forced Bestiality related Events but there are none as of now

And do those events trigger? Both equipping the collar and the creature event (and can the creatures equip collar?)

17 minutes ago, DJShamrock said:

And do those events trigger? Both equipping the collar and the creature event (and can the creatures equip collar?)

Say what?

I get the feeling were talking past each other

Yes, both Events work. No, normally creatures cannot equip the collar since creatures cannot become a JF through normal means 

This is primarily a follower mod, meaning everything that can happen happens through a Follower

On 12/8/2020 at 1:37 PM, Scrab said:

Say what?

I get the feeling were talking past each other

Yes, both Events work. No, normally creatures cannot equip the collar since creatures cannot become a JF through normal means 

This is primarily a follower mod, meaning everything that can happen happens through a Follower

Sorry- 'and how* do those events trigger' is my question. You keep saying there are events and that they trigger but have yet to say how they actually trigger. I'm trying to get the bestiality and pet collar options that are enabled by your MCM to actually happen for testing but have no idea how.

1 hour ago, DJShamrock said:

Sorry- 'and how* do those events trigger' is my question. You keep saying there are events and that they trigger but have yet to say how they actually trigger. I'm trying to get the bestiality and pet collar options that are enabled by your MCM to actually happen for testing but have no idea how.

One is an optional ending in SitW, check the post after Beta2 patchnotes to see how to trigger that event

The spoiler below is not to hide one of my essays but to hide the conditions to trigger this event (SitW stands for "Searching in the Wild")

Spoiler

You need a dog pet follower with you and talk with him instead of the follower

This ending is an ending that Id expect no1 to ever find out about purposefully. Its one of those "hold up, since when is that thing a thing" moments. I put small events like that into the mod just because 

Though I warn you, this is really just an optional ending and the bestiality part isnt always there. Dont expect much, youll just end up being dissapointed. Currently, there is no actual bestiality content in this mod

PetCollar is part of the Punishment Games pool. You get access to this pool through either the present feature (guess wrong) or again SitW

==========================

JFs development is currently on hold and prbly wont get an update until end of the year. Im working on another project that I want to upload (hopefully till end of the year) which has priority for now (no, its not Le Pimp, sorry) 

I decided that once I get back to JF, I want to start working on Traitor! and Below the College;

Challenges go back to the Drawingboard for now, I want to think more about how I integrate Events such as tuxagent7s suggestions to avoid another rework rampage cause things dont line up properly

22 minutes ago, Scrab said:

One is an optional ending in SitW, check the post after Beta2 patchnotes to see how to trigger that event

The spoiler below is not to hide one of my essays but to hide the conditions to trigger this event (SitW stands for "Searching in the Wild")

Reveal hidden contents

You need a dog pet follower with you and talk with him instead of the follower

This ending is an ending that Id expect no1 to ever find out about purposefully. Its one of those "hold up, since when is that thing a thing" moments. I put small events like that into the mod just because 

Though I warn you, this is really just an optional ending and the bestiality part isnt always there. Dont expect much, youll just end up being dissapointed. Currently, there is no actual bestiality content in this mod

PetCollar is part of the Punishment Games pool. You get access to this pool through either the present feature (guess wrong) or again SitW

==========================

JFs development is currently on hold and prbly wont get an update until end of the year. Im working on another project that I want to upload (hopefully till end of the year) which has priority for now (no, its not Le Pimp, sorry) 

I decided that once I get back to JF, I want to start working on Traitor! and Below the College;

Challenges go back to the Drawingboard for now, I want to think more about how I integrate Events such as tuxagent7s suggestions to avoid another rework rampage cause things dont line up properly

Awesome. Thank you for the in depth explanation! (It was not super obvious from the intro mod post, nor from the MCM, hence my asking)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2020 at 2:25 PM, Scrab said:

The mod doesnt reward you for losing, its one of the principles Im modding by

Meaning when you mess up I dont punish the PC, I punish the player and one way to punish the player is by not punishing the PC (since thats what the player wants; does that make sense?). My philosophy orients itself around the player, not the PC or the roleplaying behind it

Snipped

I see what you did there.. ;)    You mean...  Do not reward by giving the punishment desired, instead deny the sought after reaction. 

I am enjoying this.. but the tick system has me greatly confused I must confess. 
IE: the payment is extremely high for a debt especially in a money is SCARCE modded Skyrim. At 6 ticks default I wind up owing my follower more than 100 coins in  less than a day, which is almost as much as I can make at all at low end ... more so with SLSurvival and license fees etc.  In other words.. by following me, my follower is essentially earning more than I do on average, for just being there.
Now that makes sense when in RP and assigned a follower by SLS, one who may feel ' stuck '  or owning you.. but a regular follower where I am just wanting to use the payment options.. it's way over the top. So I had to shut the payments down. :( 
Possible to extend the slider to a much lower pay level and or explain the ticks a bit better?

I am on a timescale 11 ( which is really perfect for all the things to do in a day trying to get by with a war economy and SLS  yanking your gold / work chances out from you )  :D 

Essentially

As mentioned, I dont really care about the PC. Id cut them up and quarter them if needed (not like theyd care anyway). Im more interested in giving the Player a fun time playing the game but focusing on punishments tempts the player to not play the game but mess around instead, exploring those punishments. At least thats how I see things

..it also takes up a lot of time for things that you ideally shouldnt encounter a lot

1 hour ago, Bushi Neko said:

the payment is extremely high for a debt

I never got much feedback on this debt system. I made it and people seemed happy (or rather they didnt complain) - except that one weird bug with Complex Debt that seems to be fixed. At least no1 complained about it after I did things that I believed to fix this bug

Possible to extend the slider to a much lower pay level

So consider this done. .. also are you using basic or complex calculation?

explain the ticks a bit better?

Ticks is the polling interval in this mod. Minecraft named its polling Ticks and I like this name so I just sticked with. Yes.

With every Tick, the following stats are reevaluated:

- Affection

- Stress

- Fatigue

- Prank Cooldown

- Debt

- Leave Tokens 

also the game checks if there are any Events that should start (currently theres only 1, should be 2 but one is broken *sigh)

Lowering or speeding up the Tick Intervall is equal to speeding up or slowing down the entire mod dynamic. I usually advice against it as similar to SetTimeScale in the Vanilla game, it can throw off some things. I leave this option there anyway because I dont know anyones mod setup and theres always someone that has valid reasons to why it shouldnt be 6 (Wether or not debt scaling too fast is one of those reasons is up for you to decide) 

So with a Tick Intervall of 11, you essentially slow down everything by 2

This is great for Stress, Fatigue and Debt - Stats that you want to keep low - but it also means that natural Affection gain - A stat that you want to bring up asap - is slowed down and that Leave Tokens are lost significantly slower (<- this can be pretty devastating if you are mean to your follower too often)

5 hours ago, Scrab said:

I never got much feedback on this debt system. I made it and people seemed happy (or rather they didnt complain) - except that one weird bug with Complex Debt that seems to be fixed. At least no1 complained about it after I did things that I believed to fix this bug

It's not that important ;)  thank you for the answer tho'. :) 
I just wanted to use it as more of a pay follower thing, currently I ll do what I have done for a long time in LE and now here for SE.. I just give my followers some money with my SLsurvive running, and they sticky finger away some..  follower paid LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Im sure some of you heard of:

SKVA Synth at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community

A few months ago, I got a Request to turn JF into a custom, unique Follower. I turned it down, Not because I dont think that would be a cool idea, but rather because.. well.. a "silent voice" Follower is kinda meh and I cant use my own Voice nor do I have access to someone elses

With this tool however, things changed a bit and Id be open to try it out and see how it goes

To keep things short, if I would rework this mod from a Framework into a Custom Follower:

- The mod would be kinda dead for a while. Making a custom Follower is obviously more work than simply managing this Framework. For one Id had to learn a bit about this tool & synthesized voices and Id prbly test it out somewhere else first. Until then, there will be no Updates for JF (I expect this to take up to 3 months)

- Development afterwards will still be slower (I have to generate every voiceline after all, thats additional work, ~1 week slower, I assume)

- This JF will have a predefined look. To not let you walk in the dark what that means, I made some screenshots from my character in my current playthrough

- Gender, Race and Voice will obvsly also be predefined. Gender will prbly be female as Im simply terrible at making male characters (and I assume most use and prefer a female Follower anyway). Race will most likely be Nord. Just because. Which Voice this Follower will use idk. Ill choose one that sounds nice, maybe even from a different Beth game.. I think the tool allows me to choose any Bethesda Voice?

- I can define an in depth personality

- I can focus more on telling a story

and if Things stay the way they are now:

- I will finish the 2 Projects Im working on right now (both will be uploaded to LL, you already know about SLUTS if you follow my work a bit) and then get back to JF and start working on 2 new Events

- Development overall will be faster (as I dont have to generate the Voices)

- Your JF is your JF. Your Voice (apart from JFs own Dialogue), your Looks. W/e you want

- Personality will be developed as it currently is, trying to keep it more general but still "joyful"

- I focus more on general events

My character in my current Playthrough:

(Im most certainly not a professional at making Screenshots)

Spoiler

505504738_ScreenShot7(2).png.5c70a041016181bd62518b80876f8769.png

1753206404_ScreenShot8(2).png.01fa8aceca708f06d714d879912ee68d.png100016178_ScreenShot9(2).png.4017fa6b740bb6f1096a0b9a78b3380e.png

This JF will NOT look like this, its simply to show you my style of designing characters. 

Maybe I try Highpoly head or something. Not sure. But the Follower will be made from scratch

In advance: I wont promise that it actually happens, even when the Poll decides to do it. Ive seen some promising results with this tool but if it ends up being a total disaster, I wont be doing it and we all just wasted hopes, dreams and time. Yey.

You should build whatever you enjoy.  But I'll offer some reasons not to add voice.

It will be a lot of work, and you'll constantly have to add or redo the voice files every time you add or edit a line.  You could spend that time expanding and improving your mod.

It's only going to be good for English, unless you offer multiple voice sets (more work).

What about lip syncing?  If that's off, it's going to look like a poorly dubbed film.

A voice locks in the feel of a character.  If I imagine a character sounding confident, or shy, or sly, or commanding, or sophisticated, I can hear it that way in my mind when I'm reading text.  But that gets pushed aside if I'm hearing a voice.  You've probably played games with voiced player character speech that was good quality, but it simply did not fit the way you saw your character.  Every time your character speaks, it sounds wrong.  Adding voice to an NPC runs the same risk.

A minor consideration, but mod files with voice will get bigger.  The more speech, the larger the download.

7 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

You should build whatever you enjoy

I dont mod for myself, so what I enjoy is of very little meaning here, as long as it doesnt go against any principles. This change is pretty big and I can see this gutting the userbase of this mod by a large amount so I prefer to not make this decision all by myself

Time investment & technical issues is something Im less worried about. I saw very promising results with synthesizers before. It sure is something new that comes with a lot of questions but I see potential in it

Localization though might indeed be a problem

7 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

A voice locks in the feel of a character

Yes, thats what I want people to consider the most in this Poll

There are many different kinds of "joyful" and I currently try to grasp them all at once, so that no matter what Follower with what backstory youre using, this mod wont feel off. This allows the mod to be used as a frame but also means that I cant use some Event ideas, e.g.:

Imagine you come across a cave on your travels and visit that one. The cave is but a single lonely cell where 1 person is chained in. Your Follower knows about this person and offers you a deal, to unlock the cell....

An Event like this wont ever make it into the current JF because..

- Your Follower will need a backstory in Skyrim for this, which I cant do since your Follower might already come with their own backstory

- Your Follower has enough influence or power to chain someone up in a lonely cave, which again might contradict some backstories 

- Your Follower is definitely not innocent, has a certain sadistique and cruel traits in some way, that allow them to get someone into that position in frist place

No matter what the outcome of this poll is, you will lose out on something, whichs why I dont wanna make this decision myself

3 hours ago, Scrab said:

Imagine you come across a cave on your travels and visit that one. The cave is but a single lonely cell where 1 person is chained in. Your Follower knows about this person and offers you a deal, to unlock the cell....

My thought process is that there's so many follower mods that every user probably has their favorites, hence a framework for all.

But I must say that a world interaction-based follower sounds awesome if, and for me that's a big if, there's plenty of these interactions (aka: a lot of work).

Just a few interactions and I don't think I will even bother with a new follower. 

On 1/11/2021 at 2:49 PM, Scrab said:

Im sure some of you heard of:

SKVA Synth at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community

A few months ago, I got a Request to turn JF into a custom, unique Follower. I turned it down, Not because I dont think that would be a cool idea, but rather because.. well.. a "silent voice" Follower is kinda meh and I cant use my own Voice nor do I have access to someone elses

With this tool however, things changed a bit and Id be open to try it out and see how it goes

To keep things short, if I would rework this mod from a Framework into a Custom Follower:

- The mod would be kinda dead for a while. Making a custom Follower is obviously more work than simply managing this Framework. For one Id had to learn a bit about this tool & synthesized voices and Id prbly test it out somewhere else first. Until then, there will be no Updates for JF (I expect this to take up to 3 months)

- Development afterwards will still be slower (I have to generate every voiceline after all, thats additional work, ~1 week slower, I assume)

- This JF will have a predefined look. To not let you walk in the dark what that means, I made some screenshots from my character in my current playthrough

- Gender, Race and Voice will obvsly also be predefined. Gender will prbly be female as Im simply terrible at making male characters (and I assume most use and prefer a female Follower anyway). Race will most likely be Nord. Just because. Which Voice this Follower will use idk. Ill choose one that sounds nice, maybe even from a different Beth game.. I think the tool allows me to choose any Bethesda Voice?

- I can define an in depth personality

- I can focus more on telling a story

and if Things stay the way they are now:

- I will finish the 2 Projects Im working on right now (both will be uploaded to LL, you already know about SLUTS if you follow my work a bit) and then get back to JF and start working on 2 new Events

- Development overall will be faster (as I dont have to generate the Voices)

- Your JF is your JF. Your Voice (apart from JFs own Dialogue), your Looks. W/e you want

- Personality will be developed as it currently is, trying to keep it more general but still "joyful"

- I focus more on general events

My character in my current Playthrough:

(Im most certainly not a professional at making Screenshots)

Reveal hidden contents

505504738_ScreenShot7(2).png.5c70a041016181bd62518b80876f8769.png

1753206404_ScreenShot8(2).png.01fa8aceca708f06d714d879912ee68d.png100016178_ScreenShot9(2).png.4017fa6b740bb6f1096a0b9a78b3380e.png

This JF will NOT look like this, its simply to show you my style of designing characters. 

Maybe I try Highpoly head or something. Not sure. But the Follower will be made from scratch

In advance: I wont promise that it actually happens, even when the Poll decides to do it. Ive seen some promising results with this tool but if it ends up being a total disaster, I wont be doing it and we all just wasted hopes, dreams and time. Yey.

I say do it. But I'll give my $0.02.  I've been toying around with this tool myself. In the past, I had started a mod that was to expand Lydia to have a deeper interaction with the player and have running dialogue throughout the main quest using the same techniques that Foxfingers used in AA. Ultimately, I did not have the patience to create those spliced audio files and so I pretty much abandoned the project. I found this mod and thought it could make the difference. Well, not really. It doesn't really work as simply as typing in the text and copy pasting the audio files. While it's an amazing tool, it still has some major shortcomings. The AI isn't really that good at determining tones and inflections for sentences. Short few word sentences and phrases are best. Also, some of the voice files are better than others. I have not played around with male voice patterns, only Female. I'll say this. FemaleEvenTone (Lydia) and FemaleYoungEager (Jordis) are just not as good as FemaleCommander (Aela) and FemaleNord (Mjoll). You can do it, this will work if you utilize both this mod and similar techniques used in Amorous Adventures in conjunction with each other. However, I would suggest using Aela's or Mjoll's voice and still plan on spending a good amount of time manipulating your audio files.

I had an idea........(Hey, it could happen)

What about creating your voiced dialogue, but do it for the only one voice type? You could leave the mod as a framework, however for followers that use the voice type you modded for, it's a voiced mod. But for the rest of the followers who use other voice types, it would remain text based. And if the follower uses a different standard voice type. it's easy enough to edit that in CK or TESEDIT to match the voice in the mod, if someone wanted it voiced.

On 12/4/2020 at 8:30 PM, SaekoDovahkiir said:

I've tried this mod for a bit but i keep running into an issue, i will be force greeted with (...) and then nothing happens, not sure what it is ? I've used it with a follower mod and ATF, but i don't know enough to know if that's makes any issues ?

I ran into the issue stated above, too. At the time i have AFT installed, but not active - not sure if there would be interferences due to that.

It started after some fighting, then i got a force greet "Are you out of your mind? Stop hitting me!", afterwards I would always be forcegreeted with the ominous (...). Whats more is that it only happens once, and repeats only after the follower moved.

I tried to find the issue in-game, but had no success doing so.

What I tried:

- disable the "on hit"-event

- disable follower as joyful follower, wait >6 hours, reenable as JF (using the debug dialogue)

- raise affinity towards player (by gifting gems)

- change values of Stress and Fatigue (via MCM)

I'm not into the creation kit, so i can't really help there. ._.

Here's hoping this helps to some extent x)

PS.: I do like the project, keep it up!

1 hour ago, Gurkengandalf said:

It started after some fighting, then i got a force greet "Are you out of your mind? Stop hitting me!", afterwards I would always be forcegreeted with the ominous (...). Whats more is that it only happens once, and repeats only after the follower moved.

Duh its dark here and Im easily scared. Dont write it down making it sound like a horror story ?

Is this omnious (...) a "(...)" or a "..."? With or without the brackets. Thats important. "..." is used as a default prompt by the game if a topic is empty, the other thing is something someone has put in there

If AFT is disabled in your LO it shouldnt really matter if its there. It shouldnt matter at all actually. AFT doesnt really interact with JF beyond the dismissing a Follower. The same goes for EFF

Here's hoping this helps to some extent x)

Well, did any of this work? 

====================

Ill leave the poll oben for 3~4 more days, so if you want to vote and havent voted yet, make sure you do :)

17 hours ago, Scrab said:

1) Is this omnious (...) a "(...)" or a "..."? With or without the brackets. Thats important. "..." is used as a default prompt by the game if a topic is empty, the other thing is something someone has put in there

2) Well, did any of this work? 

1) It says (...)  . With  brackets.

2) No, sadly it didn't. That was actually the second time - i blamed the first one on the custom follower it appeared with. That means, the NPC chosen as JF is not the source, either. Reloading after shutting down my computer had no effect - not that i expected that ?

The only methods i know of to get rid of this are reloading a prior save and disabling/reenabling the mod - aka lose your progress.

What i did notice is that disabling on-hit prevented the trigger of it, and both times i fought a dragon - two ocurrences is little to go by though.

I'll try to get the (...) again following this post, there should be an update to this soon.

I'll try to get the (...) again following this post, there should be an update to this soon.

Update: I was able to reproduce the issue. For whatever reason dragon elemental breath triggers as spells of the player - as a result the JF loses massive amounts of affection and the event "On Hit" triggers (educated guess, it won't trigger if "On Hit" is disabled). This may be the case for other spells as well, i remember reloading sometimes, although i was somewhat sure not to have hit my follower... If I identify more, i'll let you know (I can PM those to you, this way int won't fill the whole thread, just let me know ?). As stated my workaround for now would be to deactivate the event, just in case someone has the same issue.

For whatever reason dragon elemental breath triggers as spells of the player - as a result the JF loses massive amounts of affection

I prbly know what the omnious (...) might be then

Now the question that remains is how can we check for something like this

If this issue only happens when fighting dragons, I might be able to just disable the Event automatically when fighting one but if it happens in other instances as well that might not be a solution. Its also kinda clunky .. I have to think about this

I dont really mind if you post it here or through PM

Well then...

I can already confirm that the spells Flames and Frostbite used by hostiles (human/draugr mages) have the same effect. Further testing of this by my side has to wait a bit tho. Guess Wednessday to Friday i can come up with a report on some more types of spells (stuff like illusion by the player and the rest of enemy destruction spells).

Apart from that i encountered another bug, but i didn't check if it is reported already.

If you are wearing the pet collar due to wrong guessing and give it another wrong guess, it is possible to have a gag equipped by the follower. While the gag remains functional, the timer for the collar stops working - the debug notifications will never note a timer (as they usually do) and the follower will not unequip the collar after days of waiting and running around. I'd probably tackle this problem by checking for an active game on wrong guesses (a simple variable should do fine i think) and simply prolonging the active game by whatever reasonable amount. Another option would be to get a timer for each game, but idk if the CK and Skyrim Engine would be happy about this. As mentioned before, i don't really know about those.

I prbly know what the omnious (...) might be then

Thats good to hear :)

If you want smth else about the above tested, let me know, i'll see what i can do.

Alright.. how do I even start this

I consider Option 2 the winner of the poll, that Option had the upper hand for a rather long time, though Option 1 got a lot of votes over the past week too going from ~20% I think up to 40%.. and I respect that..maybe. Very maybe? Very very maybe?

Thus, were gonna go with Option2. Yay. 

I will release (yet) another mod in the next few days and after thats done, JF is next with its Update, which will focus on the following:

- Traitor!

- Below the College

- Streamlining Event Starting

Traitor!

Traitor is a new Event that will trigger at a certain percentage upon entering Castle Volkihar or the Dawnguard Castle while being in their respective Faction but without being one the Factions preferred Races

This is going to be our first Stage 5 Event

Below the College

BtC will trigger while inside Winterhold or on the College Ground, while you are a Member of the College and have completed the Quest that has you visit the Augur of Dunlain. The Event will however be deactivated during the Finale of the Guild Quest

This is going to be another Stage 4 Event and you have to have Bestiality Content enabled for this

Neither of those will be using DD

Streamlining Event Starting

I think I said this line too often in the past: "I dont know how to start this Event"

This is because I always needed some sort of Trigger to start certain Events and doing some of those checks through Script just isnt all that reliable and can be quite complicated & heavy - Especially as we increase the Quantity of Events. This may not be an issue for other mods that try to expand on Followers but JF tries to interact with your surroundings and current progress a lot. Most Events in this mod arent "radiant", they cant start anywhere. Just look at the 2 Events above:

- Traitor wants me to test your Race, your Location, Affection and Progress in the Dawnguard Questline

- BtC wants me to check your Location, Affection and the exact point of Progression inside the Mage Guild Questline

All of this is trivial but I still have to get all this Info from the Basegame, putting more Data inside my Script, more Data that you have to save in your save file and this only increases with the Quantity of Events

Furthermore, I dont want Events to feel plastic. I want them to start dynamically so that it really feels like your Follower just had this really cool idea of something you could do rather than a "Hey, we just entered Whiterun. Lets do some weird stuff!" - This way of starting Events works, dont get me wrong but imo, its too plastic. Too predictable

While working with SLUTS I got a lot of Info about the possibilities the Engine offers to start Events and how powerful some of those options are. Thus, Im going to rewrite the entire Event Starting Mechanics in this mod and let the Engine handle those Events. Moving from "my Scripts evaluate and start this Event" to "my Scripts tell the Engine when it can evaluate existing Events and start one if needed". Ths has the following advantages:

- I can start Events with complicated Conditions much, much easier and less heavy in performance 

- I can start Events with overlapping Conditions much easier and significantly less heavy in performance

- I can introduce Events that previously were marked as "I dont know how to start this Event" fairly easily

- I can introduce significantly more Events than I can do with Script without harming performance

- Event starting should feel less plastic

- I might be able to let other mods add their own Events to JF? Maybe? Very maybe? Very very maybe?

Downside:

- You need yet again a Clean Save

I should stop saying it wont be happening anytime soon anymore, Im really sorry, really. As mentioned, Scripts are storing a lot of Information but this Information wont be necessary with the next Version anymore and I will yet again change some internal structure around since the Engine as useful as it may be at times, still does restrict me in certain situations