On 1/18/2021 at 10:57 PM, Gurkengandalf said:

Guess Wednessday to Friday i can come up with a report on some more types of spells (stuff like illusion by the player and the rest of enemy destruction spells).

Yay, it's me again.

By now i'm pretty sure that the OnHit-event only messes up destruction channeling spells. No other spells had any impact on the JF's standing with the player. I didn't go through all spells, for i'm using mods integrating a whole lot of spells - but i think i got most of the vanilla destruction spells covered. Tbh i can't tell 100% which spells are added in by mods and which are not ?

10 hours ago, unwashed biomass said:

Is it normal thing that when I install JF using iAFT only 1 follower i can have or there is something wrong with my mods?

As in only 1 follower is actually a JF? Yes thats normal

As in you can only recruit 1 follower in total even though iAFT allows you more than 1? No, thats not normal 

Post #262 has a fixed esp for AFT (that I didnt upload to the main mod cause I wasnt planning on not releasing another Update for 2 months and then just forgot about it, mb). Not sure if that works but if iAFT is just an updated AFT then it should do things..? 

On 1/25/2021 at 9:04 AM, Scrab said:

Disable the OnHit Event

Im currently working on a fix :) 

Does it have to be disabled on a previous load? As in, before a dragon triggered the bug? Because I've disabled it now that I saw the entires here but my follower keeps pestering me.

31 minutes ago, OH1972 said:

Does it have to be disabled on a previous load? As in, before a dragon triggered the bug? Because I've disabled it now that I saw the entires here but my follower keeps pestering me.

Yes. Im truly sorry about that

I think I found the issue but Im in currently in the middle of a new version so I cant upload a patch for it rn

I am wondering if my JF working as it should. Follower afected by this mod is Ceraph (custom race follower), I can ask about gem (quessing game), she is putting restrains when i guess wrong etc, but that's it. Also from MCM I think there is something wrong:611670_20210201230722_1.png.66edd2618186b4d93f21b31169b79be4.png

I also am using SLEN and am wondering if those mods ain't conflicting with eachother. Also I am curious about Searching the Wilds quest, Can it be triggered when PC is in good terms with J follower?

11 hours ago, unwashed biomass said:

Also from MCM I think there is something wrong:

There is indeed something wrong with your MCM

Affection Stage & Progress shouldnt be n/a when you have a follower. Havent seen this bug before and havent seen anyone reporting it but if you have access to the Present System it should be working anyway, huh? Weird

SitW requires you to be Affection Stage3 (which you unfortunately cant test because your MCM is bugged out). You need to be in a Cell thats considered "Wilderness", the Game prints out a notification in the top right corner telling you the current Location Type (assuming you have them enabled in the MCM). Sleep in a Cell like that for more than 6 hours with a Fatigue >= 16. I assume this Event will primarily be seen by people roleplaying with mods like Campfire and constantly sleep out in the dark. If you just want to forcetrigger it and have no clue where to find a bed in a wilderness cell, just use the Console to spawn a Sleeping Bag or a Bed

.. I unfortunately cant check for the exact Conditions anymore, am Stuck with the same table you got at the Fron Page. My scripts are an utter mess rn 

I have to admit, i have no clue what SLEN does but unless it messes around with the CurrentFollowerFaction on Followers, it shouldnt conflict with this mod 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2021 at 4:34 AM, Scrab said:

There is indeed something wrong with your MCM

Affection Stage & Progress shouldnt be n/a when you have a follower. Havent seen this bug before and havent seen anyone reporting it but if you have access to the Present System it should be working anyway, huh? Weird

SitW requires you to be Affection Stage3 (which you unfortunately cant test because your MCM is bugged out). You need to be in a Cell thats considered "Wilderness", the Game prints out a notification in the top right corner telling you the current Location Type (assuming you have them enabled in the MCM). Sleep in a Cell like that for more than 6 hours with a Fatigue >= 16. I assume this Event will primarily be seen by people roleplaying with mods like Campfire and constantly sleep out in the dark. If you just want to forcetrigger it and have no clue where to find a bed in a wilderness cell, just use the Console to spawn a Sleeping Bag or a Bed

.. I unfortunately cant check for the exact Conditions anymore, am Stuck with the same table you got at the Fron Page. My scripts are an utter mess rn 

I have to admit, i have no clue what SLEN does but unless it messes around with the CurrentFollowerFaction on Followers, it shouldnt conflict with this mod 

I'm having the same problem with my MCM

11 minutes ago, stclwv said:

I'm having the same problem with my MCM

I found & fixed an issue that caused Affection statistics to be showed wrong. Fixing that, I also improved the Affection Progression statistics which now scales from 0 to 100% for each individual stage

Thanks for the report tho :)

The next Update is gonna be pretty big again and Im currently going through testing the new frame

On 2/13/2021 at 4:07 PM, Scrab said:

I found & fixed an issue that caused Affection statistics to be showed wrong. Fixing that, I also improved the Affection Progression statistics which now scales from 0 to 100% for each individual stage

The next Update is gonna be pretty big again and Im currently going through testing the new frame

Any timeframe for that? I'm also having the MCM issue

On 2/15/2021 at 9:43 PM, OH1972 said:

Any timeframe for that? I'm also having the MCM issue

Mainframe is completed and tested

DD Frame is completed but untested

Event 1 - 100%

Event 2 - 100%

Event 3 - 10%

Event 4 - 0%

I want to complete the first half of Event3 tomorrow, second half is mostly copy & paste. If there are no major complications I might be done within this week, I try to get it ready till end of the month

On 2/13/2021 at 4:07 PM, Scrab said:

FYI, I actived the mod on a different profile in MO2 and had the same problem. Getting messages that affection increased but nothing but N/A in the MCM.

Also, I got an "liked that" without a name before I even got my first follower for that character. 

Ideally of course,  you've already solved the problem completely, though just in case, I thought the info might be useful to understand what's happening.

Im almost done with the last Event. I wouldnt expect the Update itself to be tomorrow, its more likely that I have to fine tune a few things, especially the DD Frame worries me there but were close, very close

The new Events in general are fairly basic in their execution, did however take more work to design than the previous ones, I dare to say even more work than "Searching in the Wild"

This is because I want to be more aggressive with Events going forward, moving away from this radiant "we can do events wherever we want" and instead designing Events for very specific Locations instead. This includes making map edits or even creating entire cells for Events

That is super generic in a way but I feel like interacting with the world around you without turning it completely upside down (looking at you SL Survival) is something that NSFW mods dont do a whole lot. Future Events in this mod will probably move away from being Radiant, especially the big ones, and instead will be designed around very specific locations, e.g.:

Below the College is an Event I created because I felt the Midden should get some more Attention, its a really scary Location of sorts (Yes Im easily scared, shut it) but you usually just completely ignore it - or how many of you actually visit that place regularly? How many of you actually used the Atronach Forge before?

Below the College will play in that very Cell. Its a repeatable Quest and after its initial release I will create alternative Versions for that Event too so that with JF installed and a Follower with Affection Lv4+, you will have a reason to get back into the midden from time to time, for no other reason than simply playing through this Event

Traitor got a major redesign since the last time I talked about it. That Event is about trying to fill a hole in this unfortunate situation in which the player ends up betraying their Dawnguard Faction and turning or curing vampirism

It certainly wont do a flawless job at it and there will most certainly be some issues that will harm immersion, make the Event feel a bit weird but I think that overall, this is a corner in the Vanilla game that offers potential for a really cool Event, thus I made Traitor. Im aware that even without going into detail on the Trigger, this Event sounds oddly specific and most people will never encounter it but I still hope that with some proper criticism and  time, we can make this Event blend in flawlessly with the Vanilla Game and something really cool to play through

Another thing that will be new in Beta3 going forward will be Dialogue writing. This is probably one of the moments where a simple Picture explains this better than a thousand words, so just have a look at those 2 Flowcharts, showing you Dialogue before Beta3 (upper) vs Dialogue from Beta3 (lower):

Spoiler

image.png.39eb096f1bfa7a454f23542e079026d7.png

This is the Dialogue from myCut, looks pretty crazy, right? It reads from left to right and yes, that you have no clue how the Dialogue is structured is normal. I cant tell either and I wrote that thing

image.png.d9eefc132223cd7cf945d7dab769de64.png

Beta3 Dialogue looks like this, its part of Below the College, there are 4 more of those, 3 of them at about the same size as this one

Without going into much detail, you can instantly tell that there are more boxes and its much cleaner to read and there are significantly more choices to be made

Going forward, I will focus more on giving you proper Dialogue choices, focusing less on making diverse answers for the follower and more on making heavily branched dialogue for the player to explore instead. Of course there will be exceptions where heavily branched dialogue will just be annoying, in which case the spaghetti dialogue similar to the one in myCut will be simply more interesting but as for the bigger Events that try to lead you through a mini story, branched Dialogue will be the norm over spaghetti one

and one last important bit about JoyFols design that I dont want to throw into the actual patchnotes will be a deeply rooted stat that fell more and more into redundancy: Submission & Domination, or simply SDP:

Originally I intended JF to be significantly more centered around this idea of submission & domination, it seemed to be a popular concept but the only follower mod that really tried to emphasize it at the time was Devious Followers and I felt like there should be something similar to DF that isnt centered around a debt system that is easier to play with, doesnt require a lot of attention or has issues with getting stuck under certain conditions (e.g. having enough cash or too little for too long). That spot is now taken by the adoption of Submissive Lola, so I guess it kind of happened after all and JoyFols took an entirely different direction:

When I released this first version, alpha1 we had a mod with.. about 1 Flowchart full of Dialogue and thats it. There was decent chunk of Content in that one Flowchart but it all required a mod that locks devices on you to function, there wasnt really anything though I didnt know where to go from there, so I released it anyway, following a recommendation from someone to better release an empty mod and build it up later than not releasing at all (and Im very grateful for that advice, I wouldnt be here without that and I really enjoy this kind of work. Im sorry for not remembering your name but if youre still around, thanks) 

So very early we got a few big walls from people that are either lurking or no longer around and based on those suggestions, I reworked the mod twice. We got rid of this heavy focus on submission and domination and introduced Affection. Going from there, I focused more and more on Affection as "the statistic" for this mod and I went from "2 friends that play around a lot, trip over and one lands on top of the other and whoever is on top has the last word/is dominant" to "2 friends that do a bunch of shit together and have fun"

For one, I feel like Im just straight up terrible at writing erm.. aggressive or overly perverted. I dont think my tongue is suited for that whatsoever, it happens very, very, very rarely that I use any form of vulgar vocabulary, no way I can do a proper mod focused around domination. It felt incredibly awkward to me to write some of the Keyhunting Dialogue, no clue if any of you could tell but I really dont feel comfortable at all writing lines that depict the player as a slave. Writing the child dialogue in that Event was the by far most enjoyable thing about it, just not focusing on humiliating and insulting the PC. Its just really not my style

So over the last couple of Updates and especially in the new Events, I focused more on giving the Follower a lot of indirect dialogue, dialogue that makes it look more like the follower is trying to toy with the player, "seducing" them into doing rather extreme things as well as lot of down talking those technically fairly extreme things (again: Below the College will be a great example for that)

I will still attempt to give other NPCs that sort of extreme Dialogue, simply to give this feeling of the Follower really just toying with the player in a way - the follower complements you for looking cute in it, you end up being "seduced" into wearing it but the whole world just ends up laughing at you, that sort of thing?

Nevertheless, I dont intend JoyFol to be a mod about domination at all, so its not like the follower actively tries to humiliate you and make you submit, its more that the follower just finds joy in playing those sort of games with the player, not really thinking about what the player lives through. its like "The whole world laughs at you, but I cant see, I still like you more than anyone else *hugz*"

You might not see a lot of this inGame and maybe youre just shaking your head right now, "thats not how I perceive the follower at all" - and thats fine, I try to write it somewhat open but thats the sort of thinking I have when trying to write Dialogue for the Follower. The follower likes you, a lot, but the followers kind of humor often just gets you into some real bad trouble - not necessarily NSFW kind of trouble but also SFW one, the 2 radiant Events in Beta3 will be an example for that

I hope that gives you a basic understanding of how I perceive the Follower. Now whats that got to do with domination & submission? Well, primarily, its about not corrupting this persona. Domination systems are just plain unnecessary here. If you want to use JF you should accept that youre going to play with a follower with a somewhat twisted kind of humor that tries to get you into trouble, thats where the content is coming from but you also deal with a follower that likes you a lot and puts you into that trouble BECAUSE they like you

SDP isnt intended to really be a variable to express utter domination, its supposed to show who has the last word but if you want the last word, you should speak up about it and you should always be able to speak up about it. Might the follower get mad at you? Most certainly yes and in Beta3 Ill introduce a new feature that really shows you that the follower is mad but you being able to say no shouldnt require you to stack up domination first, its something that should just be here. The same goes the other way around, why do you need to be submissive first to allow a follower to play a weird prank on you?

I consider the follower player relationship a relationship between 2 very close friends, why does one friend have to be able to make the other one lick their feet just to be able to say "no, thats crazy! I dont wanna be used in some dark ritual stuff that might potentially kill me!". Do you really have to lick your followers feet first to be randomly humiliated by them when you previously told your follower that youd enjoy being humiliated? Thats just contradicting to me

I design this mod around progression, your choices influence what sort of Events can play, they are remembered and stored, even the most stupid dialogue choices you click without thinking much are able to pull a switch somewhere to unlock Events. Is there really a point in having this point system on top of that? If you admit that you want to be humiliated by your follower, arent you already submissive in that moment? A dominant player would never agree to this, right? and if you are a dominant player that just got tricked into admitting that, when an Event like that happens, wouldnt a dominant player just slap the follower twice to make clear that youre not into that? Why would you have to stack up points first to get that point across? and why do you have to stack up points to sell your Follower to Belethor when your follower does that all day completely random just because? Why wouldnt you be able to engage in Events like that, why do you need to stack up points first and your follower does not, when at the end of the day both of you are considered equal at all times? 

.. and thus, SDP will be removed in one of the following versions. Not in Beta3, because I promised to drop that one fairly soon and SDP is deeply rooted in some of the older Dialogue but Beta3 is most likely the last version in which SDP will be a thing

Kind of ironic how the most important variable in Alpha1 concepts ends up being in the way of this mods further development. This mod really did a total 180, huh? 

That ended up to be quite a long post, sorry about that

Thanks for your continuing efforts on your mod.

It's genuinely nice to be able to wander around with a companion that does a bit more than just see something and attack it.  I particularly like your comment "I consider the follower player relationship a relationship between 2 very close friends".  With vanilla Lydia for example, I never really felt any connection, and would quite often lose her somewhere during a fight, or when walking up a mountain.  With some of the custom companions such as Vilja however, I'd quite willingly defend her during a fight, and would make sure she stayed with me.  Fundamentally, I see a companion as someone that you want to be around and can enjoy adventures together, be that kinky or otherwise.  I'm hopeful that a Joyful Lydia, for example, might be able to fulfil that role.

I'm very interested to see what could be going on in the Midden; it's definitely underused.

BTW, you're not terrible at writing!  Just keep doing what you enjoy.

I guess I should note something about Beta3 by now

The Update is technically finished since.. about a week. The reason why I havent uploaded yet is because Im waiting for some Animations to finish (We'll get a sitting animation that I think will be really cool to give some Events some additional detail), the second I have them I can upload the new version. My pardon for this delay

The time isnt wasted though, I added some additional stuff that I originally didnt want to put into Beta3 after all

46 minutes ago, Scrab said:

I guess I should note something about Beta3 by now

The Update is technically finished since.. about a weak. The reason why I havent uploaded yet is because Im waiting for some Animations to finish (We'll get a sitting animation that I think will be really cool to give some Events some additional detail), the second I have them I can upload the new version. My pardon for this delay

The time isnt wasted though, I added some additional stuff that I originally didnt want to put into Beta3 after all

Since animations start as LE and then converted to SE will you release the LE animations files so we can make a port for LE ?

5 minutes ago, tuxagent7 said:

Since animations start as LE and then converted to SE will you release the LE animations files so we can make a port for LE ?

Thats exactly what I was planin on doin, yes :)

Wow that was a long explanation! Thanks for the insight and for taking the time to write this up.

I don't have much to add except I fully agree with the direction you're taking (that is, any generic follower vs handmade follower discussion from earlier + removing SDP mechanic) and I'll patiently wait for the next update.

Once you remove SDP, are you going to keep track of choices in some other way? Because i feel it'd be natural if the follower did different types of pranks/events more often depending on your previous reaction. Why would they do something repeatedly that you hate? Unless they are mad at you and want to prove a point, of course.

On 2/20/2021 at 11:02 PM, Scrab said:

Below the College is an Event I created because I felt the Midden should get some more Attention, its a really scary Location of sorts (Yes Im easily scared, shut it) but you usually just completely ignore it - or how many of you actually visit that place regularly?

iirc i stumbled into it once across 4 playthroughs or so. If you're designing this event make sure to include pointers to direct people there, and don't just make it start upon entering. But i'm sure you already did something so i'll shut up :D

"The whole world laughs at you, but I cant see, I still like you more than anyone else *hugz*"

huuuuuuuugs

play with a follower with a somewhat twisted kind of humor that tries to get you into trouble, thats where the content is coming from but you also deal with a follower that likes you a lot and puts you into that trouble BECAUSE they like you

so much yes

and why do you have to stack up points to sell your Follower to Belethor when your follower does that all day completely random just because?

Wait what? You can sell your follower...? And what happens next? O_o

(If this is something added in a recent version I probably missed it)

9 hours ago, the0fromnexus said:

Once you remove SDP, are you going to keep track of choices in some other way? Because i feel it'd be natural if the follower did different types of pranks/events more often depending on your previous reaction. Why would they do something repeatedly that you hate? Unless they are mad at you and want to prove a point, of course.

The mod barely used SDP to begin with. Its a leftover from the very first concept that had everything defined by it but over the past couple of versions, I felt like its more and more in the way and doesnt offer any real benefit. 

For a while now, the mod uses Flags instead of this SDP System. Flags are more precise for specific things. Essentially "hiding consent" inside DIalogue choices to keep this playful character alive. Maybe one day you wake up and have your arms n legs chopped off and you ask wtfs goin on:

In a SDP Setting, this would just be a "well, I think that would be cool so there you go". I cant really.. play it down a lot, you see? Yes I could phrase it in a way that makes it sound like you wanted it but isnt it much more interesting and "joyful" to:

"Hey, remember that one time you said you wanna know how it feels to have your limbs chopped off? Well, there you go!"

and not only that, it also gives the player more control over what exactly can happen. Its not as straightforward as "oh well, you wanna be a slave then lets do aaaaall the cool things I wanna do!", its about telling a Story that shifts around depending on specific choices, not just "any choices"

Of course, there will always be ways to trigger some minor Events without their corresponding Flag and not all Events require Flags. You need to get into the mod somehow after all

If you're designing this event make sure to include pointers to direct people there

Below the College is proper Quest with fleshed out Quest Objectives and Quest Log and everything. You also dont have to do it right away if you dont want to. If you just want to buy a Spellbook from a Teacher and want to go off again and your Follower asks you about the Event you can still accept and just leave and do the Quest another time if you want to

That again goes with my new philosophy;  Below the College will introduce a completely new kind of Event to this mod. Ill talk more about this tomorrow.

and don't just make it start upon entering

Then no1 would ever find this Event kek 

No, we do something special with Events here, no boring 0815 - Location Change stuff. Naaah

(Actually we do that stuff here too but its not the preferred way of starting Events, especially not after B3)

Wait what? You can sell your follower...? And what happens next? O_o

(If this is something added in a recent version I probably missed it)

You cant, though Belethor is known for constantly asking about sisters to sell 

... and I miiiight have already talked about being more aggressive with Events going forward. Though that one I dont know whats happenin next

Alright.. kinda scared uploading this tbh

My pardon again for taking about a week longer than I originally expected

Also part of the reason why that wall up there exists is because you get another one right down here:

Joyful Followers Beta3

You require a clean save for this Version

Content Table

1. Core: Streamlining Event Starting
  2. Core: Devious Devices (& Toys) (Please take a quick look at this even if youre not using DD)
  3. Core: Flags & Tokens Explained
  4. New Feature: Lock Out
  5. New Event: Below the College
  6. New Event: Traitor!
  7. New Event: Pickpocket
  8. New Event: Guards! A Criminal!
  9. Event Changes
  10. Miscellaneous
  11. Bugfixes
  12. Future Plans

Streamlining Event Starting

Its red cause its important

Starting off with the most boring thing: Before Beta3, Events in JF where started primarily through Script in multiple Instances. You had a smoll block of Script going through a small amount of Events here, another block somewhere else going through other Events and you got a smoll Block of Events that can just start whenever they want because those were started through regular Packages that were added on top of your followers AI

This isnt only messy because there were 42 different instances which I had to look out for when adding Events, it was also very restricting, especially for through Script Started Events

To avoid this, JF now starts Events through Engine rather than Script, copying the Vanilla Game a bit (kek). This will allow me to introduce many different kinds of Events much easier

Going forward, JF can start Events through exactly 5 ways:

• Tick Initiated Events:
    Every 6 inGame hours, this mod will call for an Event. This is the preferred way of starting Events in this mod as you cant provoke it through normal play (other than Spamwaiting I mean). Events can start essentially whenever they want that way.. and thats really all there is to say about this. This Event Type is my interpretation of "You randomly walk around and suddenly you just get this really cool thought of something you wanna do"
    Its more structured than a simple Idle Talk, which makes it easier for me to introduce new Events and condition them but for you as a mod user, it will still feel very random. At least I assume you dont keep track of when exactly ticks happen
  • Location Initiated Events:
    When you change a Location, this mod will call for an Event. Its plain I know but its necessary. Location Events will come in handy when I want to start Events where timing is important (e.g. Challenges which should start when you ENTER an Dungeon, not when its already cleared halfway through) or when the Event Location is simply so small that its super unlikely that there will be an Event starting through ticks, simply because you most likely wont ever stay in that Location for more than an hour (e.g. Giant Camps, Clearings or Military Camps)
  • Sleep Events
    I assume those are self explanatory. Some Events just require you to be unconscious.. or asleep. Is there a difference? Idk
  • Manual Calls
    This is primarily meant for Games. Sometimes you just need an Event right now. If you agree to a game, we cant wait until the next tick or until you change Locations, we need that game now, thats what this branch is for
  • Manually Initiated Events
    This mod allows you to start Events manually, did you know that? Insane, right? This type doesnt require the engine as Backup, its just the leftover bit that you as the player can start Events. There are 2 people in this story, cant have only 1 dictate all the stuff that happens, am I right?

Additionally, Events now have 3 new Attributes

• A global Chance. This is the Chance an Event is called for in first place, you set it in the MCM. Note that even when the mod calls for an Event, an Event doesnt necessarily start too. Its more about the mod asking "Yo Engine, you got some Events to play" and the Engine can then either respond with "Yes here" or "No m8"*
  • A chance that they start. All Events now have an individual Base Chance that this Event is picked and started on top of their base conditions*
  • A cooldown how long they are unavailable. This is separate from Global Cooldown which affects all Events. This individual Cooldown only dictates the time that has to pass for an previously played Event to be started again*

*Events of type "Manual Call" are not affected by those Attributes

This comes with the following Advantages:

• Script required to start Events has been reduced by at least 80% and this doesnt include the additional script load the new Events would have added to the previous system
  • More Events before we start taking a toll on the engine
  • I can make Questlines. That sounds super trivial I know. But its much, much easier to make proper Questlines now
  • Its easier to manage overlapping Event Conditions
  • More complex Conditions (You guys dont wanna see Below the College Conditions)
  • Easier to introduce complex Events
  • Event starting should feel more dynamic for the player and significantly more structured for the modder
  • You can add your own Events to JFs Event Tree
    Essentially this allows a modder to expand JF themselves without being in my way or anyone else that also wants to add Events to this mod. Im still testing this but its looks promising. So if you think JF needs some more torture Events, you can add that. If you think there isnt enough romance centered Events, you can add that too*

*I dont think anyone would make use of this anytime soon but just to be clear: Dont do that right now. Im still working on the thing

Also it has the following Consequences:

• Tick Intervals can no longer be adjusted and are now fixed at 6h
  • Punishment Games can no longer be disabled
    I consider Punishment Games a part of this mod and an Event Category like any other. Maybe youre currently not interested in them because just getting locked in a Collar or Gag for a day is boring but I try to give you more options for Games going forward
  • Punishment Games now properly interact with Cooldown, meaning while a Punishment is running, no other Events can start. Though Games may still start while Global Cooldown is active
  • "Pranks" have been removed and are now considered regular Events
  • Global Cooldown now starts AFTER the Event has ended instead of when they start

Devious Devices (& Toys)

First and foremost: You no longer need to download DD if you dont care about DD. I asked Collygon for their DD stuff and got permission to put it into the mod. Going forward, I will make some more use of Collies stuff but for now: You dont need the DD meshes anymore, they are now shipped with JF

Second: DD5 is now mandatory

Third: DD is now split in its own esp. Above I was talking about hat youre now able to add your own Events to JF without interfering with it and JFs DD AddOn is doing just that. Deviously Joyful is an additional esp containing all the DD content. This allows me to make proper use of custom Devices but I can also avoid conflicting with DD going forward much easier. I know that some people may find the additional esp annoying, especially since from an users perspective, DJF will (should) behave exactly the same as JF with DD installed did

But going forward there are a few not neglectable advantages:

• Less script load (not like JF was ever overly script heavy, sorry if Im making the impression right now)
  • Some JF Items are reimagined as DD Items, avoiding conflicts. JFs Dog Collar is a DD Item with - and only with - DJF installed, which will hopefully prevent conflicts if DD is interested in using the Dog Collars slot
  • I can patch (design) conflicts with DD directly through the AddOn
  • I can use Quest Devices. Chastity Events anyone? I mean there are multiple things you can do, idk why I can only think of that rn
  • I can use the DD Contraptions thing

Fourth: Im sure this question will come up sooner or later so: I dont plan on supporting Toys anytime soon. The fact that Deviously Joyfol exists makes it technically very easy for me to look for DD stuff cause.. well.. everything DD is referenced here and only here but  I dont want to rush things and swap over or do anything else thats like.. crazy. If an illegaly cute demon loli and her definetly not hot butler teached me one thing then that rushing things is bad. I will wait and see how Toys ends up doing and then do a poll again cause I aint care which one you use and then we either go with Toys or with DD. Ill only support one or you guys pay me enough to make this a full time job. One or the other.

Flags & Tokens Explained

Alright.. this is something I talked about  already but maybe I didnt really note if officially so I do it here

JoyFols progression is centered around Flags & Tokens. Flags are Yes/No Choices that set through Dialogue Choices and specific Actions. E.g. doing it with an Animal while your Follower is watching while eating some popcorn will set the Bestiality Flag cause the follower might think you are into Animals. This Info might then be used to start Events which have you do it with animals. I think this is much more interesting and diverse than a basic "You are submissive so you do with animals cause reasons, me demand you like I guess. Jajaja"

Those Flags are scattered around everywhere in the mod and once SDP is gone, will be recognized a lot more. Most choices which currently grant you domination or submisssion will be replaced with Flags, I already started on this

Another way JF defines Progression is through Tokens. Tokens are very similar to Flags but unlike Flags you need to collect multiple of them. Once you get enough Tokens, your follower will have access to some new Events

SDP is irrelevant in this Setting as I consider the Player & Follower even at all times, if you want to avoid being put into humiliating positions, tell your Follower that youre not into it and if you want to put your follower into humiliation situations, try to trick them into agreeing to it or well.. have the circumstances do it for you I guess

Lock Out

Lock Out is a new Feature that simulates the Follower being hurt by the player

While Lock Out is active:

• Dialogue with the Follower will be mostly silenced 
  • Dialogue will only show the essentials, you can dismiss, wait, follow & Trade with your Follower. You cant access the Framework through Dialogue (EFFs communication wheel thing  and NFFs hotkeys might still work) 
  • Dismissing your Follower while they are in Lock Out will disallow you to recruit this Follower ever again
  • LockOut lasts a certain amount of ticks. The duration isnt fixed. So the Duration is between 1 tick and infinity

Below the College

Below the College is the by far biggest Event in this mod thus far. It plays in the Midden and is about.. well.. something weird your Follower heard a while back and wanted to investigate. I will talk more about what makes this Event special below, though you might already guss part of what makes it so special

Note that if you dont want to know what this Event is about, I highly recommend you to only look up the Trigger

Trigger Condition:

Spoiler

• Trigger Type: Tick
  • Individual Cooldown: 282h
  • Individual Chance: 60%
  • Affection Requirment: Lv4
  • Settings; Bestiality needs to be enabled
  • Story: Completed "Under Saarthal"
  • Story: Not currently playing through the Mage Guild Finale (Finale is considered from the Point where Ancano murders the Arche Mage until you defeat Ancano)
  • Items: Have at least 5 of either Void, Frost of Fire Salts and at least 1 of each
  • Items: Have at least 1 Diamond (Flawless or Regular)
  • Items: Have at least 1 Filled Soulgem (Greater or Higher)

Reward:

Spoiler

• Staff of the Loving Flame Atronach OR
  • Staff of the Loving Frost Atronach OR
  • Staff of the Loving Storm Atronach

Walkthrough:

Spoiler

When traveling on the College Grounds or Winterhold, your Follower may approach you and ask you to head to the Midden. You can either agree or disagree on this. If you agree, a Quest will start "Below the College", leading you the Midden

Once there, you will be thrown into another DIalogue with your Folower. There are 3 Sets of Dialogue, which of  them will be used depends on your Choices in the Intro, but no matter which one is chosen: The Folower will proceed to ask you about the Materials to prepare this Ritual. After you gave them to your Follower, you want to sleep in the nearby bedroll for 6 hours

After doing so, you may attend to the Ritual which upon completion will reward you with the Reward Staff

This Staff is more powerful than a regular Atronach Staff, Atronachs it summons will be the same Level as you up to Lv50, making them depending on your Level & Choice of Staff ~2 to 10 times as strong as regular Atronachs

You then talk to your Follower once more to complete the Quest

Traitor!

Traitor! focuses around a highly unrealistic Situation in which the Player enteres the Dawnguard Faction HQ as a Vampire or Castle Volkihar as a mere human!

The Event is very unique as it doesnt feature the Follower & Player as center of this Event, but their surroundings and relationship with each other. Like Below the College, Traitor introduces a new concept of Event that Im talking more about below

Btw, I just loove those Situations where your Character is locked up somewhere and has nothing else to do but waiting. I remember old RPGs often doing that for ~30 to 60 seconds. Shame that kind of got lost

Trigger Condition:

Spoiler
  • Trigger Type: Tick
  • Individual Cooldown: 96h
  • Individual Chance: 100%
  • Affection Requirement: Lv3
  • Story: Completed Faction Intro Quest ("The Bloodstone Chalice" or "A New Order")
  • Story: Not currently playing through the DLC1 Finale (Finale is considered from the Point where you read the Elder Scroll until you defeat Harkon)
  • Location, Dawnguard: Requires Isran, Celann or Durak near you and at least 1 Additional, generic* Dawnguard Member
  • Location, Volkihar: Requres Orthjolf or Vingalmo near you and at least 1 additional, generic* Volkihar Clan Member 
  • Special: Be of the opposing Factions Race (Vampire for Dawnguard, Human/Lycan for Volkihar)

*Everyone that isnt one of the previously named Actors, your Follower, Harkon or Serana is considered "Generic"

Reward:

Spoiler
  • Dawnguard: You will be forced to turn back into a Human
  • Volkihar: If you haven't completed DLC1 yet, you will be forced to turn back into a Vampire Lord

Walkthrough:

Spoiler

While walking around in your DLC1 Faction HQ and not being one of the allowed Races, one of the leading Members of this Faction may call you out a Traitor

You and your Follower will be captured, you will be thrown into a Cell and have to wait until your Follower.. yea, Idk what your Follower is doing but they somehow manage to make a deal to get both of you out!

All you have to do is agreeing to turn back into a Vampire or curing your Vampirism. (Its one of those lovely non-choices. Yaaay) .. And thats essentially all there is to say about this Event. Very simple but very cool to play through imo

Pickpocket

Pickpocket is a new Punishment Game and introduces a new concept for them (yaaay so many new concepts). This Punishment Game will not have you walk around with a Collar or Gag for a day and instead forces you a somewhat... not so safe task onto you

Trigger Condition:

Spoiler
  • The System needs to find a random NPC nearby, it can be quite literally any NPC as far as I can tell, except the Player or one of their Followers of course
  • Pickpocket Skill of 25 or higher

Walkthrough:

Spoiler

This game chooses a random NPC in your surroundings and forces you to pickpocket them. Your target is a "Weird Gem", just get that and youre done. How you do that is up to you though I dont offer you any help here

Guards! A Criminal!

This Event will be a proper Event focusing around the player trying to properly backlash for you neglecting their Stress Stat too much ? 

When having a high bounty, your Follower may decide to alert some nearby Guards

Trigger Condition:

Spoiler
  • Individual Cooldown: 48h
  • Individual Chance: 90%
  • Affection Requirement: Lv2

• Stress above 32
  • Be in a Capital
  • Have a bounty of 500 or higher in that Capitals hold

Event Changes

Key Hunting

• Added Gagged Dialogue
  • Solution Dialogue is now only available while the Key Holder still holds the Key
  • Added a Message to initiate the Quest
  • The Follower is no longer forcegreeting you on Quest Start, you can now ignore them if youre to cool for the intro dialogue ?

Shut Up

• Forcegreet on Questend now works properly & starts the correct Topic
  • Guards & Childs are now excluded from the Dialogue

Miscellaneous

Recruitment

• You can now instantly recruit any Player Teammate that is currently with you
    This change was made to Support Actors that arent using the Vanilla Follower Faction and have their own Faction instead. While I still dont recommend using a Custom Follower, I know that there will always be people using them and with the new System, this mod barely interacts with Followers anymore outside of Events so conflicts should be minimal
    Please note that this includes temporary Teammates such as Maurice in the Eldergream Tree Quest "The Blessing of Nature" which you should NOT recruit as a JF
  • Talvas is now properly supported

Affection

• No longer gain "Follower liked that" Message while there is no Follower with you
  • Affection Gain is now silenced for all automated Affection Increasements (Quest End & Tick)

MCM

• Removed Option to adjust Tick Interval
  • Removed Option to Disable Punishment Games
  • Rewrote part of the MCM to fit more in line with my modern MCM Design
  • Stress will no longer display a Value while you have no follower with you and instead fallback to a simple "N/A"

Stress & Fatigue

• Stress Gain has been slightly reduced
  • Fatigue Gain Recovery is no longer reduced when wearing regular Devious Devices
  • Fatigue Gain Recovery Reduction when wearing a disruptive Device (Armbinder or Chastity Belt): 50% -> 25%
  • Fatigue Debuff Adjusted:
    • Level 1: Speech -15 -> -5   || Persuation/Intimidation 90% -> 95% as effective
    • Level 2: Speech -30 -> -15 || Persuation/Intimidation 75% -> 85% as effective
    • Level 3: Speech -50 -> -25 || Persuation/Intimidation 60% -> 75% as effective

Stress & Fatigue are important Variables used by this mod, even though they arent used as heavily as before anymore. However this mod isnt a "Needs" mod, so why harshly punish you for not sleeping every 12 hours

Present System

• Reworked Dialogue, the Follower will remember when they explained the rules once before also you may skip the Punishment Game part if you already guessed correctly once and instead tell you their Gem directly (if the Followers Stress is low), you may still play the Game if you want to though
  • Dialogue has also been shortened
  • Merged Favorite Gem Guessing Game & Present System into one Dialogue Topic to clean up some Clutter in the Misc Tree

Debt System

• Shortened Dialogue
  • Added a new Consequence for having High Debt (Lock Out)
  • Minimum Payment for Simple Debt Calculation: 100g -> 10g per Tick
  • Minimum Payment for Complex Debt Calculation: 25% -> 5%
  • Interval for Complex Debt Calculation Setting in the MCM: 5% -> 1%

A note about Complex Debt Calculation: Complex Debt adds Debt whenever the Player gets Money added to their Inventory, the issue with that is that when you constantly add & remove Money from your Inventory into a Container and back into your Inventory, every time you add this Money back into your Inventory the System thinks you got new Money added ontop of the existing. That way you can get immensely high Numbers for your Debt 

I added an additional check so that Money that is added from either a Container in a Player Home or your Followers Inventory won't increase this expected Debt

OnHit

When you have more than 5 Leave Tokens, triggering OnHit Again will put the Follower into Lock Out, the amount of TIcks depends on the amount of Tokens you have

This change is not only to make OnHit more punishing but also to warn you when you're getting close to the amount of Leave Tokens at which your Follower will leave you

Tokens & Flags

• Leave Tokens required for your Follower to leave you increased: 7 -> 8
  • Tokens & Flags now reset when you Leave your Follower (or your Follower leaves you)

Bugfixes

OnHit

• Fixed a Bug that caused OnHit to fire when the Follower is being attacked by hostile Spells that arent casted by the Player

Affection

• Fixed an issue that caused "Follower (dis-)liked that" Messages to not display properly

Present System

• Fixed an issue with the Follower making you play a Punishment Game when choosing Amethyst even when their Favorite Gem is an Amethyst
  • Fixed a Bug that allowed you to guess a Favorite Gem while there is a Punishment Game going on

Debt

• Fixed an issue with Debt in Payment Dialogue not showing the correct Value for Simple Debt Calculation

Night at an Inn: Drinking Contest

• Fixed a Bug that didnt allow you to start the Drinking Contest manually

Shut Up, Pet Collar & Dog Collar

• Fixed an issue with the Follower stating the wrong remaining time when asked

Searching in the Wild

• Fixed an issue that when playing through SitW, glitched out Cooldown, disallowing any Events to start afterwards
  • Fixed an issue that made the Dog Collar ending inaccessible under certain conditions
  • Fixed multiple bugs that made it impossible to complete the Dog Collar ending under certain Conditions
  • Fixed an issue that canceled out Dialogue choices in the Begging "Punishment Game" Dialogue, not allowing you to actually start a Game and thus glitching out the Quest
  • Fixed an issue that made some Aftermath Dialogue unavailable
  • Fixed an issue that caused pronouns in the Quest Log to be disaplayed icnorrectly as "[...]" 

Key Hunting

• Fixed an Error in the Solution Dialogue allowing female Actors to use male Dialogue
  • Fixed an issue that allowed Actors to give a tip more often than once
  • Fixed an issue which caused a Child-Keyholder (the NPC that is carrying the key) to always use the same Dialogue
  • Fixed an issue with Childs telling you the Innkeeper has the Key when they dont

Misc

• Fixed Fade to Black in this mod not being applied properly

Joyful Followers Beta3 Part2

Future Plans

So... In Beta3 I introduce a few new Events which offer new concepts going forward. Both Traitor! and Below the College introduce a very unique, new kind of Event to this mod

As for Traitor!, it introduces an Event that isnt started by the Follower and an Event that isnt centered around the Player. At the end of the day, you will always experience the Game from the Players POV, which is why Traitor might seem like a very stale & slow Event to some but the important part here is that while you are locked away, the Follower is free to do things - and the Follower isnt the one who got you into this mess this once for a change. What I want to emphasize about Traitor is that this Event isnt about you and the Follower but about the Relationship and how you two interact with your surroundings. I consider this a new approach to Event writing and I think that there is a lot of potential into not just having you and your Follower interact with each other but also the entirety of Skyrim recognizing you and interacts with you two

This will also be a thematic in Below the College, where there are some Interactions with the Follower that will give you a much clearer thought of what the Follower thinks of you and in contrary how the Follower will interacts with you. This Event is a big step forward into developing a JFs personality 

Then in both Below the College & Traitor there is this little "Reward" Spoiler thing. Rewards are something that I want to include more. Its part of my "going more aggressive" philosophy. I dont want this mod to just add "a layer on top of the base game somehow doing things with the Follower" but actually merging this mod with the Vanilla Game. One way to do this is by actively trying to interact with the Vanilla Map and Functionality - and were doing just that in both of those Events

But you will also get some Vanilla friendl'ish rewards from time to time. I will focus on adding some minor things that really try to build a Bridge between this mod and the Vanilla Game. I really want this mod to have some deep roots that stretch far into the Vanilla Game and Below the College's Reward is a great example for that but not only that but also really going into the Editor and add a few Details to the Game

And Im not done here

Going forward, there will be new Events that try to interact with the map more. I already got one written out that isnt in Beta3 yet. Its a very small one time Event that is really nothing more than simply adding a small interaction between you and the Follower about some random grave in Falkreath - not kidding

That one is easy to miss but will offer some more of this feeling that you and the Follower are indeed a part of Skyrim youre not just traveling around to clear dungeons and get rich but you are traveling around because you are traveling around

Another thing I want to introduce are Events that try to tell a Story. Im currently working on a "Maid Story" for JoyFols that has Elisif as the Progatonist and the relationship between you and the follower or you and the follower themselves are just.. kind of thrown away for that.

Why do I do it if it has nothing to do with you and the Follower you may ask now, well its because you have nothing to do with it, thats exactly the point as stupid as that may sound. This Event will try to tell a Story of how you and the Follower can still exist even though you arent right next to each other 24/7

I mean it sounds crazy but have you ever thought about having a Follower that isnt around you 24/7 but is still your Follower? That sounds crazy right? I mean just straight up crazy! but thats exactly what Im aiming for with this Story - and this Story isnt just some super smoll side track stuff, Im talking about a proper questline with 3, 4 unique Quests back to back

Another thing: Did you ever consider not being the protagonist and telling your Follower where youre going? Ever thought about "Hey, what if my Follower has a talk with a mercenary and accepts a Quest from them and then talks to you that there is stuff to do", so what do you do now? You just say no cause its not you who accepted your Quest but the Follower? I think this is again a Situation where I can hook into the Vanilla Game very easily and breath more life into your Follower without really doing all that much

What if for Below the College you need to actually have this random Encounter first? What if to unlock Below the College, your Follower first needs to have a talk with a random Court Mage? Wouldnt that be.. interesting? Na, crazy. Nvm.. or maybe?

Then.. were not done yet, no: What about Player started Quests. I know crazy, this Game has hundreds of Quests that the Player starts but what about one right here in this mod that isnt started by the Follower for a change

Want a little sneakpeak? Im working on an Event for Halfmoon Mill (Yes that one super boring mill), ever wondered why that one vampire woman asks you if you wanna stay, but you just cant accept. Doesnt that sound like.. wasted potential? I think it does, doesnt it? 

And I hope I dont have to explain anymore that I really take anything for Events. If you ever come across some stupid location in this game thats super empty and even after looking the Location up in the wiki and its still super empty or w/e is there just feels dull and super empty, Ill make an Event for it. I literally made an Event for a random Grave in Falkreath, how much more random can Events become in this mod?

And I almost forgot: Below the College of course. That Event is unfinished. I know I said its the biggest Event in the mod but yknow what? Na, its too smoll. We gonna double its size when Im done with it

I think there should be more Dialogue when you replay this mod, why would your Follower always start from 0 like you dont know anything about the Event when you already played through it. Na, cant have that. Also were working with Dark Arts, cant have everything work picture perfect all the time

Uh.... I still miss the Challenges part so lets also get quickly over that

Next Update will finally introduce them, yes! Challenges will be Events that can be primarily played through in Dungeons. The Idea of challenges isnt to make your game harder however but instead give you a different perspective. Maybe one that you cant even have in the Vanilla Game

Challenges will be proposed by the Follower or you can ask for one yourself when you enter the Dungeon

Each Challenge will have a specific Task for you and failure conditions. Your win condition will almost always be to just clear the Dungeon. Yep.

I got 3 Challenges laid out right now, none of them require DD:

1) Headless Chicken

You guys remember the Scroll Jzargo gives you for his Quest? That one that makes you explode all the time. What if I told you that this Challenge will feature an even more spaced out Version of that

Challenge: You will be given a Scroll that holds a Cloak Spell, this Cloak will have the following traits:

• massively increases your movement speed
  • deals a ton of damage to everyone except you and your followers
  • forces you into first person

The idea here is that youre going to lose .. like you dont know where you are anymore. Quite literally "running around like a headless chicken", I expect you to run into walls, search for the next path and just have no clue where you are. its a unique experience but I think if I dont speed yoiu up too much, it will be a ton of fun to just run through a dungeon at high speed and oneshot everything, and thats really the goal of those challenges

2) Glass Cannon

That one is.. fairly simple. Youll be given an axe, an incredibly powerful axe. An axe powerful enough to have.. quite a bit of fun indeed

This Axe will be strong enough to oneshot pretty much anything however, you wont be allowed to wear any clothing and youll also take aton of damage and maybe be thrown across 3 dimensions with every hit. Yay.

The challenge is lost when you equip armor (you wont be able to unequip the axe)

3) Support

That ones prbly the most boring of the 3 but hey, we gotta have something boring!

Youll be handed over a staff with too much charge to ever be empty and your follower will path straight to the boss. Clunky Ai in Skyrim will prbly have them ignore a few mobs and take damage but heeeey isnt that nice, more work for you! 

The idea here is to make you play with a support staff that just heals your follower all the time. .. that.. that sounds kinda boring, doesnt it? I hope itll be more interesting when Im done with it

When your Follower enters Bleedout or you unequip the staff you lose the challenge

I think I forgot something.. again.. cry

\E 

Of course I forgot something! The LE .hkx for the Sitting anim, jaja

JF_SitFloorExit.hkx JF_SitFloorEnter.hkx JF_SitFloorEnterInstant.hkx

From Akis B2.2 version: Overwrite the FNIS_Joyfol.txt with the one from B3, then put those in the same folder and run FNIS for modders

The new meshes also need conversion, or you get the ones from LE DD.. I guess