6 hours ago, Scrab said:

What boxes exactly and what are you trying to do

The debug force follower i figured out that if i have deviously joyful it wont let me use those debug options but if i take that mod off and just use joyful i am able to.  However no matter how many times i forcefully recruit someone into joyful nothing seems to happen 

On 12/24/2023 at 11:08 PM, o0shamus0o said:

The debug force follower i figured out that if i have deviously joyful it wont let me use those debug options but if i take that mod off and just use joyful i am able to.  However no matter how many times i forcefully recruit someone into joyful nothing seems to happen 

I cannot reproduce either of your issues, I did test with a recompiled version of the project; perhaps some scripts were just outdated in your download

Ive also added some traces in the Papyrus Log to see recruitment of new followers should the issue persist

16 hours ago, Aabaa2 said:

I'm having the same issue. From a cursory glance it looks like the variables added from JFDDMCM are missing from the JF_MCM quest in game; I'm not sure if that's related, helpful, or expected though. 

Thats been fixed in the LL release, but shouldnt have anything to do with the debug options; which are just regular MCM toggles

The Dialogue is stored in JF Util

Hi. I've been playing with Joyful Followers for a bit now, and quite like it. I just tried using Deviously Joyful though, and had some questions.

The MCM settings list variable names, but I'm not sure what any of them point to. Should I have a json file somewhere which lists things like device colours or types? Here is a screenshot of what the MCM looks like for me:

jfddmcm.png.f50971b06f564b01b5427057c0f02734.png

Maybe I'm misunderstanding how to use it, or something's gone wrong with my installation. This is what I have when I install JFDD to my existing save, or create a new save. The rest of JF's MCM looks normal. I'm using Skyrim SE GOG (1.6.659 -- I haven't upgraded to the december update yet), Let me know if I'm doing something wrong! Thanks.

Edited by keitolainen
I spelled "device" wrong.
16 hours ago, keitolainen said:

Hi. I've been playing with Joyful Followers for a bit now, and quite like it. I just tried using Deviously Joyful though, and had some questions.

The MCM settings list variable names, but I'm not sure what any of them point to. Should I have a json file somewhere which lists things like device colours or types? Here is a screenshot of what the MCM looks like for me:

jfddmcm.png.f50971b06f564b01b5427057c0f02734.png

Maybe I'm misunderstanding how to use it, or something's gone wrong with my installation. This is what I have when I install JFDD to my existing save, or create a new save. The rest of JF's MCM looks normal. I'm using Skyrim SE GOG (1.6.659 -- I haven't upgraded to the december update yet), Let me know if I'm doing something wrong! Thanks.

Hello,

I am playing at the moment on skyrim le. Same issue.

Thank you.

The  first quest was actually really cool. Mod is a lot more put together then what it looks.

Problem I'm having right now though is none of the Tick event stuff seems to work. The MCM doesn't let me select anything either, I think it might be a problem with the Devious Joyful plugin judging by the logs: Removing Devious Joyful fixes the MCM issues, but the ticking doesn't appear to be working still. The debug works, but the Event: false (Event doesn't start) is always the result. I'm testing with "Traitor!" with all the requirements

[01/03/2024 - 04:11:36AM] [JF] Looking for Page > Deviously Joyful
[01/03/2024 - 04:11:36AM] WARNING: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp7"
stack:
	[JFDD_Main (FE06F8DB)].jfddmcm.OnPageReset() - "iztfpekcdsb" Line 67
	[JF_MCM (A8389199)].jfmcm.OnPageReset() - "zyiwadcom" Line 179
	[JF_MCM (A8389199)].jfmcm.SetPage() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 453
	[SKI_ConfigManagerInstance (1F000802)].SKI_ConfigManager.OnPageSelect() - "SKI_ConfigManager.psc" Line 330
[01/03/2024 - 04:11:36AM] WARNING: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp7"
stack:
	[JFDD_Main (FE06F8DB)].jfddmcm.OnPageReset() - "iztfpekcdsb" Line 69
	[SKI_ConfigManagerInstance (1F000802)].SKI_ConfigManager.OnPageSelect() - "SKI_ConfigManager.psc" Line 330
stack:
	[JFDD_Main (FE06F8DB)].jfddmcm.OnPageReset() - "iztfpekcdsb" Line 76
stack:
	[JFDD_Main (FE06F8DB)].jfddmcm.OnPageReset() - "iztfpekcdsb" Line 78
stack:
	[JFDD_Main (FE06F8DB)].jfddmcm.OnPageReset() - "iztfpekcdsb" Line 83
stack:
	[JFDD_Main (FE06F8DB)].jfddmcm.OnPageReset() - "iztfpekcdsb" Line 89
[01/03/2024 - 04:11:48AM] WARNING: Function mcmrecorder_recorder.RecordAction(SKI_ConfigBase MCM,string ModName,string pagename,string optionType,int optionId,string stateName,bool recordFloatValue,bool recordStringValue,bool recordOptionType,float fltValue,string strValue,string[] MenuOptions) received NONE to non-object argument! Received types (jfmcm,string,string,string,int,string,bool,bool,bool,float,string,none) instead!
stack:
	[JF_MCM (A8389199)].jfmcm.SelectOption() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 400
	[SKI_ConfigManagerInstance (1F000802)].SKI_ConfigManager.OnOptionSelect() - "SKI_ConfigManager.psc" Line 166

EDIT: Everything works after removing that Devious plugin.

Turns out the "Traitor!" quest has additional requirements that aren't listed. Like you need to be a vampire if you're in Dawngaurd.

Still haven't triggered drugs. Probably has another requirement

Edited by asdt123123
On 1/3/2024 at 1:13 PM, asdt123123 said:

The  first quest was actually really cool. Mod is a lot more put together then what it looks.

Problem I'm having right now though is none of the Tick event stuff seems to work. The MCM doesn't let me select anything either, I think it might be a problem with the Devious Joyful plugin judging by the logs: Removing Devious Joyful fixes the MCM issues, but the ticking doesn't appear to be working still. The debug works, but the Event: false (Event doesn't start) is always the result. I'm testing with "Traitor!" with all the requirements

stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
[01/03/2024 - 04:11:48AM] WARNING: Function mcmrecorder_recorder.RecordAction(SKI_ConfigBase MCM,string ModName,string pagename,string optionType,int optionId,string stateName,bool recordFloatValue,bool recordStringValue,bool recordOptionType,float fltValue,string strValue,string[] MenuOptions) received NONE to non-object argument! Received types (jfmcm,string,string,string,int,string,bool,bool,bool,float,string,none) instead!
stack:
	[SKI_ConfigManagerInstance (1F000802)].SKI_ConfigManager.OnOptionSelect() - "SKI_ConfigManager.psc" Line 166

Turns out the "Traitor!" quest has additional requirements that aren't listed. Like you need to be a vampire if you're in Dawngaurd.

I have this exact same issue. Can't select any MCM options.

1 hour ago, CrossDG said:

Hello,

Yep. Same problem. I use at the moment skyrim le.

With deviously Joyfull i could not use the mcm in Joyfull Follower.

Even in Apocalipse magic i was unable to selet anything.

Thank you.

On 1/3/2024 at 1:13 PM, asdt123123 said:

stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:

15 hours ago, CrossDG said:

13 hours ago, Shep67 said:

Hello,

Yep. Same problem. I use at the moment skyrim le.

With deviously Joyfull i could not use the mcm in Joyfull Follower.

Even in Apocalipse magic i was unable to selet anything.

Thank you.

Just wanted to confirm that removing the Deviously Joyful addon fixed the mcm issue. 

On 5/17/2023 at 6:11 AM, csacskamacska said:

...i want a packaged version... too many files.

Then package them up, or make your own mod.  Stop demanding things of people who spend their spare time making things for free.

• 2 weeks later...

Not really sure whats going on, but im having a whole lot of problems with this mod. The devious part of the MCM seems to work fine, but every other menu tab is broken and or unresponsive with the exception of the debug change affection, which also works. Any idea what could be going wrong here?

Wow, Wonderwoman really does not like me!

wow.png

On that note, is there a way to restart the system?  I accidentally dismissed the follower and the JF dialog is no longer present, but the MCM still shows a follower selected.  Also seems like the debug MCM functionality can no longer be selected.  Not sure what happened.

Edited by slvsaris

Similar problems as a lot of other people, mod seemed to start fine and I could change things in MCM but after a while everything just broke some time after the dog collar started. I've been wearing it for a week and still can't take it off, I only started investigating after a few days with it on.

I can no longer change anything in the MCM except for Affection Cheat and the Devious part, but even in the devious section changing the device percentages changes them to NaN. I just rescued the NPC from Fort Greenwall and that quest started fine*, I can do the drinking quest in the taverns too, and I haven't got any of the dungeon quests yet but I assume they work.

This is with JoyfulFollowers 1.0.1.1 and DeviouslyJoyful 1.0.0. Just started a new game and the MCM worked fine for a bit

*I gave him a health potion then left, when I got to Riften the courier gave me a letter of inheritance from him.

Fake Edit: Just started a new game and could change MCM settings, but a few seconds after changing some of them it reverted to the same behavior as above. I'm too lazy to troubleshoot and will probably just delete the mod.

17 hours ago, shrtjsrtj said:

Similar problems as a lot of other people, mod seemed to start fine and I could change things in MCM but after a while everything just broke some time after the dog collar started. I've been wearing it for a week and still can't take it off, I only started investigating after a few days with it on.

I can no longer change anything in the MCM except for Affection Cheat and the Devious part, but even in the devious section changing the device percentages changes them to NaN. I just rescued the NPC from Fort Greenwall and that quest started fine*, I can do the drinking quest in the taverns too, and I haven't got any of the dungeon quests yet but I assume they work.

This is with JoyfulFollowers 1.0.1.1 and DeviouslyJoyful 1.0.0. Just started a new game and the MCM worked fine for a bit

*I gave him a health potion then left, when I got to Riften the courier gave me a letter of inheritance from him.

Fake Edit: Just started a new game and could change MCM settings, but a few seconds after changing some of them it reverted to the same behavior as above. I'm too lazy to troubleshoot and will probably just delete the mod.

I had a similar problem, that I couldn't change the "futa player/futa follower" settings in the mcm. I have no idea what prevents mcm settings from being interactable, but I changed the setting through console commands:

setpapyrusquestvar jf_mcm bIsFuta_var true
setpapyrusquestvar jf_mcm bIsFutaPl_var false

You can find quest variables by using the "sqv [questname]" command, and you can find quest names by using "help jf", or looking in xedit or something. I completely understand if that's not something you like doing, though.

For the puppy collar quest, I believe the mod author released a version which corrects this, but I had the same experience as you, even after the update. It seems that the collar duration is measured in days, rather than in hours, like it says. So the default duration is 36 days, not 36 hours. Here is what I did:

set JF_PuppyVar to 1.5

This changed the duration to 1.5 days. You can also look in the quest variables for the specific time it is currently set to end at, and change it:

setpapyrusquestvar jf_puppy unlockat_var [whatever]

where "[whatever]" is the game days passed you want to end the quest at. You can find the current game days passed in Skyrim's "General Stats" page, under "General." Just take that number and add 0.1 or whatever, and use the above command.

Another option is to just set the quest stages one by one until the quest ends, or use the "completequest" command if you want it done now.

I have also had trouble with Harshnil dying on his way out of the fort. For me, it seems to be related to bandits still being around somewhere and attacking him. Try using "tcai" to disable combat, or "tdetect" to disable ai detection, until that part of the quest is done. Turn them back on with the same commands afterwards.

This is what I do, but that might not be how other players like playing. The mod is a little buggy still, and the mod author has moved to focus on other projects. I suggest fiddling around with it like this, or maybe just moving on to other mods.

I figured out all of the errors, apologies for taking so long

Ill upload the fixes now

You can just overwrite the old version with this

On 1/27/2024 at 11:42 AM, slvsaris said:

On that note, is there a way to restart the system

You should be able to just recruit a new one, that should overwrite these infos. Some of them also werent properly cleared correctly when dismissing a follower

Edited by Scrab

Only the Stolen Items /Wilderness search and Collar parts work for me.

I notice a few  other people posing they are having issues getting Tick events as well.

Shame, I liked the idea of a Mod with ENF content but can't get that to work and the what does work just adds frustration and a save reload.

:/