Is this normal???

1 hour ago, hogsmaws said:

if you finish the thieves main quest is it normal for thieves to constantly show up causing a ruckus? i know they show up randomly but for me they've always shown up WAY TOO MUCH. is this normal?

I have had as many as three "in a row"  but nothing like this.

Just now, hogsmaws said:

this is like 4 or 5 in game days. wonder why they aren't being removed.

That is an entirely different question. One of the mods I use commonly and I'm not sure I remember (SexLab maybe) has a setting in the McMenu about the removal of dead bodies. I don't normally use it because, if they annoy me, I simply use the console (markfordelete) and that's the end of the annoyance. I normally reserve that for the ash piles caused by killing resurrected enemies.

By "is this normal?", do you mean that bodies aren't being cleaned up OR that there are a lot of 'Theif's around your towns? If it's the later I seem to have the same thing. I can sometimes find 3/4/5 'Thief' characters wandering around town. They stop and warn you when you get close. Pretty annoying. Riverwood and Riften seem to be the main places. I usually just kill, disable and markfordelete them. But they usually come back eventually. They're not there at the start of the game and I've no idea where they're coming from. Though they're not generally being attacked by the guards in my game. 

1 hour ago, Monoman1 said:

By "is this normal?", do you mean that bodies aren't being cleaned up OR that there are a lot of 'Theif's around your towns? If it's the later I seem to have the same thing. I can sometimes find 3/4/5 'Thief' characters wandering around town. They stop and warn you when you get close. Pretty annoying. Riverwood and Riften seem to be the main places. I usually just kill, disable and markfordelete them. But they usually come back eventually. They're not there at the start of the game and I've no idea where they're coming from. Though they're not generally being attacked by the guards in my game. 

number of thieves. this is just riften. this happens everywhere for me. body piles in smaller towns like riverwood too. the only thing i can think that I did was change the time scale to 5. but are you guys having the same issue or do you avoid the thieves guild mission altogether? i used to just goto riften and right click Brynjolf and TAI that bitch before i started getting the thieves guild quests done and over.

19 hours ago, hogsmaws said:

number of thieves. this is just riften. this happens everywhere for me. body piles in smaller towns like riverwood too. the only thing i can think that I did was change the time scale to 5. but are you guys having the same issue or do you avoid the thieves guild mission altogether? i used to just goto riften and right click Brynjolf and TAI that bitch before i started getting the thieves guild quests done and over.

I've not had this problem myself and I have completed the Thieves Guild missions more times than I can remember so I don't think they are the cause, unless you have a mod that affects that quest line in some way. I normally just get the odd random Thief in Riften and very occasionally in Riverwood though that is quite rare. The game normally cleans them up as well for me.

i think it is a mod that is altering the number and or frequency .   personally  i am using " Populated Skyrim Legendary " and sometimes i get so many bandits attacking together killing everyone , and dungeons are full with them . did not started the thieves guild yet and i wander if i will .

22 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Theyre part of the thieves guild questline I believe. Its a small.. gimmick.. that they increase in numbers the more you progress in that quest

Id guess theyre generic encounters that just spawn on your map at a specific time each night

and yes, they are pretty plain and outside of Riverwood and Riften you usually never meet them. Guards do sometimes interact with them (meaning chasing them down and murdering the half town in the process. The amounts of times I lost a beggar to those fights.. such a waste of blood)

Kind of ironic that theyre only purpose is to be murdered for a few gems when they are technically allied with you

@OP

They usually arent stacked up like that in my game.. and they usually arent nude either :)

But I too see a bunch of thief-corpses lying around in Riften at times. Either because I murdered them or they provoked the guards

Im quadra-checking dialogue conditions right now, maybe Ill see if I can find their entry somewhere in the vanilla game before the CK crashes or so

• 2 weeks later...

I've had this happen on both my 360 AND PC, so it can't be mods doing it. It's pretty common to wander into town and see 5 all cowering in the same corner as the guards pick them off one at a time. Just... dump em in the river and pretend you didn't see em? *shiver*

On 5/21/2020 at 5:25 AM, Slorm said:

I've not had this problem myself and I have completed the Thieves Guild missions more times than I can remember so I don't think they are the cause, unless you have a mod that affects that quest line in some way. I normally just get the odd random Thief in Riften and very occasionally in Riverwood though that is quite rare. The game normally cleans them up as well for me.

This is my experience as well. The thieves appear in Riften (and sometimes Riverwood) and, when noticed by the guards, are attacked and killed by them. As a member in good standing of the Guild, I don't attack them unless they attack me. Once they've been killed, though, I have no scruples about stripping them and selling their stuff.  I have only rarely seen two at once, never more than that. The game cleans them up.