1 hour ago, Morandino said:

You mean when you as the captor choose "change what she/he is wearing" in the prisoners dialoge? And then the inventory of yourself and your compnions pops up?

I'm having the same issue, but so far no solution has popped up....

I believe it was stated this feature has been broken for many updates now. I could be wrong.

So I have a prisoner but when ever i try to do the spend time with option nothing happens, no menu opens and it just exits, it does the same with "change what shes wearing" "teach her to obey" which this tells me "couldnt find TB_captor_training_menu in evens" and change her stauts gives me the same one as the TB_captor but for the status instead. am i missing something or?

On 11/27/2022 at 6:16 PM, GamerzZ said:

Hello,

Just reinstalled BL v1.0.0 along with all the corresponding mods for v1.0.0. After putting the required mods in the right order and installing Captivity events (+ default events), the game starts fine.
However, in the options menu under Captivity Events Settings, it says "MCM not detected"! MCM is installed with right version (MCM v5 and in the right order).
Also, under Mod Options, Captivity mod options are not showing either. 
Am I doing anything wrong or is something being installed wrong?

Another problem I'm running into is the "Change what he/she is wearing" in the main menu when talking to a prisoner. It does not show the prisoner being addressed, but the main charatcter and companions. So it is not possible to change what the prisoner is wearing. 

Thank you.

I have a similar problem. I can load whatever other mods I like, and MCM continues to function fine, but when Captivity Events is loaded, it breaks MCM. Captivity doesn't think MCM exists, and in the options menu, no mods show up in the MCM menu. Bizzare.

1 hour ago, Spitefire46 said:

I have a similar problem. I can load whatever other mods I like, and MCM continues to function fine, but when Captivity Events is loaded, it breaks MCM. Captivity doesn't think MCM exists, and in the options menu, no mods show up in the MCM menu. Bizzare.

Edited by BadListener

Hello,

@BadListener I was taking a look at the source code (development branch), specifically: Events/CESpawnSystem.cs.

Line 92: Hero hero = HeroCreator.CreateSpecialHero(wanderer, randomElement, Clan.BanditFactions.GetRandomElementInefficiently(), null, -1);

Due to this line, if you spawn a hero as a prisoner, it can lead to a crash, because the game will try to ransom the prisoner, but for some hero, those heroes generated with a Bandit Faction Clan doesn't really "exist". If you try to access the game encyclopedia it won't show you the hero.

My solution was replace line 92 with this: 
Hero hero = HeroCreator.CreateSpecialHero(wanderer, randomElement, null, null, -1);

The way described above show the hero at the encyclopedia and worked so far to me without any crash.

To be able to still have a bandit faction clan hero, I'd suggest to add another case in the line 99 "switch".

Mods with events that lead to crashes:
TBCaptivity

BC CAPTOR

The creator tried to avoid the "ransom tick crash" updating the clan tag with "neutral" value, but as I could see in the code and with my game crashing, unfortunately it doesn't avoid anything.

Note: I only tried the spawn hero as prisoner, maybe it works fine if the hero is a free hero.

I didn't see if you someone already commented about it, if they did, I'm sorry for take your time.

On 12/8/2022 at 9:45 PM, Mkitkat said:

Hello,

@BadListener I was taking a look at the source code (development branch), specifically: Events/CESpawnSystem.cs.

Line 92: Hero hero = HeroCreator.CreateSpecialHero(wanderer, randomElement, Clan.BanditFactions.GetRandomElementInefficiently(), null, -1);

Due to this line, if you spawn a hero as a prisoner, it can lead to a crash, because the game will try to ransom the prisoner, but for some hero, those heroes generated with a Bandit Faction Clan doesn't really "exist". If you try to access the game encyclopedia it won't show you the hero.

Hero hero = HeroCreator.CreateSpecialHero(wanderer, randomElement, null, null, -1);

The way described above show the hero at the encyclopedia and worked so far to me without any crash.

To be able to still have a bandit faction clan hero, I'd suggest to add another case in the line 99 "switch".

TBCaptivity

BC CAPTOR

The creator tried to avoid the "ransom tick crash" updating the clan tag with "neutral" value, but as I could see in the code and with my game crashing, unfortunately it doesn't avoid anything.

Note: I only tried the spawn hero as prisoner, maybe it works fine if the hero is a free hero.

I didn't see if you someone already commented about it, if they did, I'm sorry for take your time.

Thank you! If you want you can make a PR to the development branch, but I will look into fixing it. https://github.com/BannerlordCE/CEEvents

Edited by BadListener
On 12/8/2022 at 7:45 PM, Mkitkat said:

Hello,

TBCaptivity

BC CAPTOR

Yes, thank you, there was a change in BL code which broke what BadListener had done with SpawnHero, and I tried several things which didn't truly work. Ty for the PR!

When I am caught be enemy party I get the first dialogue that end with "What will happen to you now?", but when I click it, game simply goes back to the screen like I'm only about to fight, giving me choice of surrendering or working things out, which, when I surrender, brings me to "What will happen" screen again, and loops infinitely. 

I can briefly see waiting screen for me being a captive, so I think the game somehow doesn't detect me as a prisoner and the party I am supposed to be enslaved by simply attacks me again instantly.

p.s. Yeah, it seems it was the case, after I paid them some fee for passage I got enslaved, but I seem to pay wage for the party that enslaved me now, so something is still broken.

Edited by Romual

Well, I am having a CTD when loading a save. The game in itself starts normally.

For explanation: I have lost 2 campaigns already to this, starting a new game works fine while having the same mods installed. Loading some particular older saves works fine as well too, so I guess some of my newest saves got corrupted at some point. Loading the saves with no mod installed is having the same callstacks. Searching online revealed that there is currently only one other post on reddit with the exact same problem, with like 3 other people having the same issue.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bannerlord/comments/zhf19j/please_help_with_bug_issue/

One of the people there was giving his mod list for comparison. The only mods that overlap with mine are:

-the core mods: Harmony, ButterLib, UIExtenderExMod and Configuration Menu v5

-Detailed Character Creation

-Diplomacy

-Hot Butter and its patch for CE

-Improved Garrisons

-CE, CE Bandit and CE Default

So my assumption... one of these mods must have corrupted my saves.

Why I am thinking CE is responsible for this?!... Well, the callstack is saying something about troops and heroes and CE is as far as I know the only mod from these that is creating new heroes and adding new troops (sword sisters from on of the events). Furthermore I looked at every other mod page and I wasn't able to find anything related to my issue.

If I am wrong I apologize. But maybe someone with more knowledge than me can give me some hints what all this means. So I can find out which mod is causing the trouble so I can address the right mod author. 

simple callstack:

at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.Roster.TroopRoster.AddToCountsAtIndex(Int32 index, Int32 countChange, Int32 woundedCountChange, Int32 xpChange, Boolean removeDepleted)
   at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.Roster.TroopRoster.RemoveTroop(CharacterObject troop, Int32 numberToRemove, UniqueTroopDescriptor troopSeed, Int32 xp)
   at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.Hero.AfterLoad()
   at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignObjectManager.CampaignObjectType`1.AfterLoad()
   at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignObjectManager.AfterLoad()
   at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.Campaign.OnGameLoaded(CampaignGameStarter starter)
   at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.Campaign.DoLoadingForGameType(GameTypeLoadingStates gameTypeLoadingState, GameTypeLoadingStates& nextState)
   at TaleWorlds.Core.GameType.DoLoadingForGameType()
   at SandBox.SandBoxGameManager.DoLoadingForGameManager(GameManagerLoadingSteps gameManagerLoadingStep, GameManagerLoadingSteps& nextStep)
   at TaleWorlds.Core.GameManagerBase.DoLoadingForGameManager()
   at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.GameLoadingState.OnTick(Single dt)
   at TaleWorlds.Core.GameStateManager.OnTick(Single dt)
   at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Module.OnApplicationTick_Patch1(Module this, Single dt)

detailed one as html

EDIT: I am also using BC Captor Events and his updated TBC Events which are not shown in the mod list.

crashreport.html

Edited by Zodiarch
On 12/27/2022 at 3:28 PM, Zodiarch said:

Well, I am having a CTD when loading a save. The game in itself starts normally.

For explanation: I have lost 2 campaigns already to this, starting a new game works fine while having the same mods installed. Loading some particular older saves works fine as well too, so I guess some of my newest saves got corrupted at some point. Loading the saves with no mod installed is having the same callstacks. Searching online revealed that there is currently only one other post on reddit with the exact same problem, with like 3 other people having the same issue.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bannerlord/comments/zhf19j/please_help_with_bug_issue/

One of the people there was giving his mod list for comparison. The only mods that overlap with mine are:

-the core mods: Harmony, ButterLib, UIExtenderExMod and Configuration Menu v5

-Detailed Character Creation

-Diplomacy

-Hot Butter and its patch for CE

-Improved Garrisons

-CE, CE Bandit and CE Default

So my assumption... one of these mods must have corrupted my saves.

Why I am thinking CE is responsible for this?!... Well, the callstack is saying something about troops and heroes and CE is as far as I know the only mod from these that is creating new heroes and adding new troops (sword sisters from on of the events). Furthermore I looked at every other mod page and I wasn't able to find anything related to my issue.

If I am wrong I apologize. But maybe someone with more knowledge than me can give me some hints what all this means. So I can find out which mod is causing the trouble so I can address the right mod author. 

simple callstack:

at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.Roster.TroopRoster.AddToCountsAtIndex(Int32 index, Int32 countChange, Int32 woundedCountChange, Int32 xpChange, Boolean removeDepleted)
   at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.Roster.TroopRoster.RemoveTroop(CharacterObject troop, Int32 numberToRemove, UniqueTroopDescriptor troopSeed, Int32 xp)
   at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.Hero.AfterLoad()
   at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignObjectManager.CampaignObjectType`1.AfterLoad()
   at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignObjectManager.AfterLoad()
   at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.Campaign.OnGameLoaded(CampaignGameStarter starter)
   at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.Campaign.DoLoadingForGameType(GameTypeLoadingStates gameTypeLoadingState, GameTypeLoadingStates& nextState)
   at TaleWorlds.Core.GameType.DoLoadingForGameType()
   at SandBox.SandBoxGameManager.DoLoadingForGameManager(GameManagerLoadingSteps gameManagerLoadingStep, GameManagerLoadingSteps& nextStep)
   at TaleWorlds.Core.GameManagerBase.DoLoadingForGameManager()
   at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.GameLoadingState.OnTick(Single dt)
   at TaleWorlds.Core.GameStateManager.OnTick(Single dt)
   at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Module.OnApplicationTick_Patch1(Module this, Single dt)

detailed one as html

EDIT: I am also using BC Captor Events and his updated TBC Events which are not shown in the mod list.

crashreport.html 551.95 kB · 2 downloads

Getting the exact same error on a campaign, haven't found a solution yet either :(
I'm also using Detailed Character Creation, Diplomacy, Improved Garrisons and BC Captor, but don't use TB Captor, and stopped using Hot Butter earlier because it seemed to cause other crashes, so I think we can rule out that one...

4 hours ago, martyk said:

Getting the exact same error on a campaign, haven't found a solution yet either :(
I'm also using Detailed Character Creation, Diplomacy, Improved Garrisons and BC Captor, but don't use TB Captor, and stopped using Hot Butter earlier because it seemed to cause other crashes, so I think we can rule out that one...

Having the same issue for the last week or so. Running the following mods. Although I'm starting to think it is CE or CE-addon related.

Bannerlord.Harmony: v2.2.2.140
Bannerlord.ButterLib: v2.6.1.0
Bannerlord.UIExtenderEx: v2.5.5.0
Bannerlord.MBOptionScreen: v5.5.4.0
Native: v1.0.2.0
SandBoxCore: v1.0.2.0
BirthAndDeath: v1.0.2.0
CustomBattle: v1.0.2.0
Sandbox: v1.0.2.0
StoryMode: v1.0.2.0
zCaptivityEvents: v1.0.2.1037
KLBShackles: e1.5.6.0
BCCaptorGear: v1.0.0.0
OpenSourceArmory: v1.13.0.0
OpenSourceSaddlery: v1.2.0.0
OpenSourceWeaponry: v1.2.0.0
CalradiaExpanded: a1.1.9.0
CalradiaExpandedKingdoms: v1.2.3.0
BannerKings: v1.2.0.0
Bannerlord.CCsBanners: v3.2.0.0
BetterFemaleBodyNatural: v1.0.1.0
BornNameCorrection: v1.0.0.0
CustomSpawns: v1.9.3.0
DynaCulture: v1.5.9.1
EnableAchievement: v0.0.2.0
KillCounters: v0.1.5.0
PartySizeIncrease: v0.0.1.0
PrimaeNoctisBLord: v1.0.2.0
RelentlessSmith: v1.0.0.0
RighteousExecutions: v1.0.2.0
ScumAndVillainy: e1.0.2.0
SAV_CE_Compatibility: a0.0.1.0
SomeVillagersAreNowFemale: v1.0.0.0
hotbutter: v2.0.1.0
hotbutterscenes: e1.8.0.0
zCEAnimationExpansion: v1.0.2.1037
zCEBandit: v1.0.2.1037
zCEDefaults: v1.0.2.1037

Hello,
I have been having significant/frequent crashes on 1.0.2.
I only use a few mods that have worked fairly well together with 1.7.1. However, since I decided to try 1.0.2 it's been a nightmare!
To figure out what Mod was causing the frequent crashes, I proceeded with elimination, removing a Mod at a time, delete the Bannerlord Folder in My Documents and restarting a new game each time.

Right now I am at barebone Mods:
- Utility Mods from Steam Workshop compatible with 1.0.2 (Harmony, ButterLib...etc)
- OnGovernorChangeWorkaround
- Party Screen Enhancements (from Steam Workshop)
- zCaptivityEvents (not sure if I wanted to use Hot Butter for Captivity Events, so I did not install it as I did not think it added the content I needed)
- zCEDefaults
Game continues to crash despite new game start with new game saves.

This is the most recent crash report:

?Exception information
Type: System.IndexOutOfRangeException
Source: TaleWorlds.Engine.AutoGenerated
CallStack:

1. at bool ManagedCallbacks.ScriptingInterfaceOfIGameEntity.HasTag(UIntPtr entityId, string tag)
  2. at GameEntity TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.MBExtensions.GetFirstChildEntityWithTag(GameEntity entity, string tag)
  3. at MatrixFrame SandBox.CampaignMapSiegePrefabEntityCache.GetLaunchEntitialFrameForSiegeEngine(SiegeEngineType type, BattleSideEnum side)
  4. at void SandBox.View.Map.PartyVisual.CalculateDataAndDurationsForSiegeMachine(int machineSlotIndex, SiegeEngineType machineType, BattleSideEnum side, SiegeBombardTargets targetType, int targetSlotIndex, out SiegeBombardmentData bombardmentData)
  5. at void SandBox.View.Map.PartyVisual.TickSettlementVisual(float realDt, float dt, PartyBase party, ref int dirtyPartiesCount, ref PartyBase[] dirtyPartiesList)
  6. at void TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignTickCacheDataStore.RealTick(float dt, float realDt)+(int startInclusive, int endExclusive) => { } [6]
  7. at void TaleWorlds.Engine.NativeParallelDriver.For(int fromInclusive, int toExclusive, ParallelForAuxPredicate loopBody, int grainSize)
  8. at void TaleWorlds.Library.TWParallel.For(int fromInclusive, int toExclusive, ParallelForAuxPredicate body, int grainSize)
  9. at void TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignTickCacheDataStore.RealTick(float dt, float realDt)
  10. at void TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.Campaign.RealTick(float realDt)
  11. at void TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.GameState.MapState.OnMapModeTick(float dt)
  12. at void TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.GameState.MapState.OnTick(float dt)
  13. at void TaleWorlds.Core.GameStateManager.OnTick(float dt)
  14. at void TaleWorlds.Core.Game.OnTick(float dt)
  15. at void TaleWorlds.Core.GameManagerBase.OnTick(float dt)
  16. at void TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Module.OnApplicationTick_Patch1(Module this, float dt)

The other thing is that my game often crashes with no exception reports, just CTD or even worse BSOD's!
Any insight into what the problem is, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you. 

On 12/31/2022 at 3:49 PM, martyk said:

I found a guy on Taleworld Forum with the exact same issue/callstack.

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/saved-game-make-crash-while-loading.456233/

The only mods he is using and are overlapping are the core mods Harmony, ButterLib, UIExtenderExMod and Configuration Menu v5.

No CE or CE-addon stuff. 

So we can safely say I guess neither CE nor one of the core mods is responsible for this. Looking at the Steam, GitHub and Nexus pages from Harmony etc..... nothing indicates a connection to our problem.

I'm starting to believe its natural bug of the game.... but then why are only a few people getting this error? Maybe a Hardware related issue... my HDD is nearly full 80%. I don't know... lost my third playthrough today and now I only waiting for the next patch tbh.

Edited by Zodiarch
spelling
21 hours ago, Zodiarch said:

I'm starting to believe its natural bug of the game.... but then why are only a few people getting this error? 

I hate this kind of question, because it assumes absence of reports corresponds to absence of issue.

It's entirely possible that most people who have encountered this bug have stopped playing the game without reporting the bug. Generating comprehensible bug reports is hard work.

That said, it's also possible that this bug is situational, and that most players avoid the situations which tend to trigger it. (This would be especially likely to be true if people who hit the problem have been moving themselves out of the player base.)

3 hours ago, sen4mi said:

I hate this kind of question, because it assumes absence of reports corresponds to absence of issue.

It's entirely possible that most people who have encountered this bug have stopped playing the game without reporting the bug. Generating comprehensible bug reports is hard work.

Count me in as one of those.

I can't get this mod to work for more than a few dozen in-game days without it generating a crash. That being said, I can't be bothered to troubleshoot it. I suspect the majority of people are similar. Bannerlord isn't really a phenomenal game to begin with (its good, but not great), and I'm kind of burned out on it. Without new content, I'm happy to put it away.

The only thing I remember is that the error said something about a missing asset, and there seemed to be a lot of posts about crashing. I keep an eyeball on the thread every once and a while to see if someone figured it out.

On 1/3/2023 at 1:45 PM, Zodiarch said:

I found a guy on Taleworld Forum with the exact same issue/callstack.

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/saved-game-make-crash-while-loading.456233/

The only mods he is using and are overlapping are the core mods Harmony, ButterLib, UIExtenderExMod and Configuration Menu v5.

No CE or CE-addon stuff. 

So we can safely say I guess neither CE nor one of the core mods is responsible for this. Looking at the Steam, GitHub and Nexus pages from Harmony etc..... nothing indicates a connection to our problem.

I'm starting to believe its natural bug of the game.... but then why are only a few people getting this error? Maybe a Hardware related issue... my HDD is nearly full 80%. I don't know... lost my third playthrough today and now I only waiting for the next patch tbh.

imo, grap these fixes, TW is just incompetent...

OnGovernorChanged Workaround at Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

Null Hero Fix at Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

ConsiderRansomPrisoner Workaround at Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

also things to avoid when playing, do not hire lords/ladies when blackmailing they are they take both a companion and your family slot, this happened recently 1.02-1.03 etc..

do not abandon your clan and join another clan same as above TW changed some stuff.

idk, its better with the 3 mods i posted at least it got rid of the constant crashes....