CRACKLE - Comforting fires for the discerning hobo -

1 hour ago, Olmech said:

Cant wait to try this. Really love Advanced Needs 2 and I think this will be a superb addition to it. Thanks!

I still haven't heard back from Flashy about whether the disease resistance effect is taken into account by his maladies. I actually think conquest is a better fit since you need 2 wood to make a fire, which plays into my new foraging system. Though In the message I sent him I did ask if he might add that as an optional requirement.

2 hours ago, Tentacus said:

I still haven't heard back from Flashy about whether the disease resistance effect is taken into account by his maladies. I actually think conquest is a better fit since you need 2 wood to make a fire, which plays into my new foraging system. Though In the message I sent him I did ask if he might add that as an optional requirement.

I will use Conquest for camping then.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Big Update coming soon.

Adding support for Kitcat's camping gear. (which will be the new recommended camping mod) Including Fires AND tents as shelter! Thanks to @LadyAurora for the request, I wasn't aware of this mod.

Adding support for Buildable Burning fires

Adding options to Sit or Sleep wherever. and warm your hands by the fire. Sleeping uses vanilla sleep system. In survival mode, sleeping on the ground/floor or a couch will be the same as a sleeping bag. (3 hrs) While sleeping on the ground/floor or a couch near a fire (5 hrs) will be like a Mattress. Mods like Survival Options that let you change how long you will sleep for those will work. You can also choose to lay without sleeping. 

Sitting uses a non vanilla system There are several sitting choices to choose. Casual, weary, and wounded. Like sleeping you can just sit and chill, or you can wait 1 or 5 hrs, which will save your game in survival mode.

If near a fire you also have the choice to play a hand warming animation (standing or kneeling) To stop simply hit the hotkey/MCM option again.

These features use AAF for the animations so that will be a requirement now. It only requires AAF, No animation packs or themes or anything.

20200705205703_1.jpg.7168ba9308ffca25957fa5de6a90f847.jpg   20200705222640_1.jpg.d01fde6103b387cd4f15652e3556190c.jpg

20200705222722_1.jpg.b1039c1482e3654f0feee9f34e63e93d.jpg   20200705223010_1.jpg.26d1369cae355ddb8a493512e0c57e31.jpg

This is probably a stupid question but how do I get my character to sleep in a bathtub?  I saw that image and it sold me on the mod, poor vagabond Nora has to be able to sleep in a bathtub.  So far I just lie down on the ground next to a bathtub.  Is it a proximity thing or maybe an aiming issue on my part?

15 minutes ago, Sagebrush61 said:

This is probably a stupid question but how do I get my character to sleep in a bathtub?  I saw that image and it sold me on the mod, poor vagabond Nora has to be able to sleep in a bathtub.  So far I just lie down on the ground next to a bathtub.  Is it a proximity thing or maybe an aiming issue on my part?

Just stand in it sideways. :)  It might take a couple of tries as you don't quite fit perfectly, but you'll get a feel for it. The only things that act as actual furniture is couches and benches, but you can sit and sleep in lots of unusual places by sleeping on ground while standing there.

As for the couches and benches. By default you will only actually latch onto the furniture 75% of the time. If you want you can up that percentage to 99 in the AAF.ini but if you do I suggest that you reduce the furniture scan distance to something smaller like 200, that way you can decide if you want a particular piece of furniture more easily by standing by it. I'll add this to the OP.

Wonderful, I want all the survival mods!

Couple ideas that might fit:

- Alcohol warms the soul. Drinking an entire bottle of alcohol decreases coldness level slightly.

- Staying too cold for too long (or sleeping in rain?) might have you catch the common cold/flu, which could get gradually worse and increase other disease catch chances.

- Sitting on ground makes you look like beggar and passers might throw a coin or food at your feet, or swear and spit on your shoe for lollygagging.

+ Tie flu into BW, if having the flu plus some other disease or drunk, slight chance player might get light headed and pass out when out of combat. Initiate menacing raider type scenario where someone found you unconscious middle of the street and you wake up with their fingers in your pocket.. or in your underwear.

21 minutes ago, kiesu said:

Wonderful, I want all the survival mods!

Couple ideas that might fit:

- Alcohol warms the soul. Drinking an entire bottle of alcohol decreases coldness level slightly.

- Staying too cold for too long (or sleeping in rain?) might have you catch the common cold/flu, which could get gradually worse and increase other disease catch chances.

- Sitting on ground makes you look like beggar and passers might throw a coin or food at your feet, or swear and spit on your shoe for lollygagging.

+ Tie flu into BW, if having the flu plus some other disease or drunk, slight chance player might get light headed and pass out when out of combat. Initiate menacing raider type scenario where someone found you unconscious middle of the street and you wake up with their fingers in your pocket.. or in your underwear.

Pretty good ideas but probably more than I want to tackle right now since I need to get back to Hardship. :)

Update 1.0.4 is up!

It adds support for Woody's Wasteland Stuff.

I also uploaded it to the Nexus, so if you want to save LL the bandwidth, or give me a boost over there (I need it, my Nexus mods never do that well) Then you can grab it there instead.  https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/46172

Man I forgot what a pain it was to upload to Nexus... lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Survival player here, its always good to have a mod to add more convenience, cus why in the fuck there's a couch and no bed and you cant sleep on it? Sometimes you are just tired AF and dont have enough will to find a bed, like a bed in the wasteland just to sleep? People live in the dirt, what is a bed?

2 hours ago, Ulfbearth said:

Survival player here, its always good to have a mod to add more convenience, cus why in the fuck there's a couch and no bed and you cant sleep on it? Sometimes you are just tired AF and dont have enough will to find a bed, like a bed in the wasteland just to sleep? People live in the dirt, what is a bed?

Thanks bro :D 

1533503789_ohF6aYeOQ-TZfnqyLAT8lVHgcc4.gif.8b791e71f33b8702df35aa1c04ecf5f1.gif

While working on the new Master for my adult mods which will add some solo actions similar to crackle it occurred to me that I hadn't accounted for a player equipped with cuffs from the mod Real Handcuffs when designing the sit and sleep anywhere content, but amazingly all the vanilla poses in this mod work really well while cuffed (except the injured sit pose)

20200802121927_1.jpg.e4b2db7266de6970cdb20c50143ff127.jpg

20200802121204_1.jpg.c1510fd8663362e95c5a96f47da0449b.jpg   20200802121310_1.jpg.dfaa0bf209d34854913b47578132e189.jpg