CRACKLE - Comforting fires for the discerning hobo -

13 hours ago, iskruel said:

Any chance of the earlier versions being put back up for DL? For some reason my AAF does not like the xmls in the current version and says it can't parse them.  

(...of course, I say this while it inexplicably doesn't like several xml's from AAF plugins but it seems to work fine with earlier xmls of the exact same things. )

6 hours ago, izzyknows said:

That's because you're using an older version of AAF which can't parse the xml.

You can fix it by changing the first line of the xml to the older format. I've done that for several mods/animation packs and they work just fine. Buuuuut... if you don't know how... update AAF and animations...

I'm not sure that "fixing" the XMLs would help since the scripts are compiled for the newest AAF, so the StopScene, might be broken. (Or it might not, it looks like I didn't update it to use the new sudden stop... yet.)

Anyway it's always best practice to keep your framework mods up to date.

10 hours ago, izzyknows said:

That's because you're using an older version of AAF which can't parse the xml.

You can fix it by changing the first line of the xml to the older format. I've done that for several mods/animation packs and they work just fine. Buuuuut... if you don't know how... update AAF and animations...

I'm using 161.1 (the current one on nexus), which is why this issue is so annoying.

6 hours ago, iskruel said:

I'm using 161.1 (the current one on nexus), which is why this issue is so annoying.

Does rolling back a version or so of AAF make things play nice again? I mean, the new header format has been out for awhile so really, that "shouldn't" make a difference.

4 hours ago, izzyknows said:

Does rolling back a version or so of AAF make things play nice again? I mean, the new header format has been out for awhile so really, that "shouldn't" make a difference.

Would you suggest that as a solution? I'd been running it without AAF or any LL mods for awhile since I last had to reinstall it, so logically I used the newest stable version, only it's not very stable. ? My FO4 is up-to date so that shouldn't be the issue.

37 minutes ago, iskruel said:

Would you suggest that as a solution? I'd been running it without AAF or any LL mods for awhile since I last had to reinstall it, so logically I used the newest stable version, only it's not very stable. ? My FO4 is up-to date so that shouldn't be the issue.

I think that was a debugging suggestion.

If you don't use MO 2. Make sure you don't have any residual mod bits in your runtime that might be screwing stuff up, and like I said try reinstalling everything including all the requirements for both mods.

On 3/8/2021 at 11:57 PM, Tentacus said:

debugging suggestion.

And it shows something to be wrong, but IDK what this means exactly....
I just re-installed f4se just in case, and even looked through its folder structure to see that nothing was missed, and now im stumped.

20210310124440_1.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm having trouble assigning shortcuts to the keys in MCM. When I press a key it binds then unbinds back to 'None' immediately. I've tried a bunch of different keys and none seem to work. I've also checked other MCM mods and I can change shortcuts easily with them. Seems only with Crackle that they don't stick. Anyone got any suggestions?

I have Crackle at the bottom of my load order.

Edit: never mind, it's working fine now. I loaded an earlier save since it appears my most recent save wasn't properly initialising a number of new mods. One of the recent mods I added must have borked something.

Edited by kharita
  • 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, juste95 said:

Is the output of the Forage influenced by any factors? I had hoped that I could somehow minimise attacks from wild dogs or robots when looking for firewood.

The Wasteland is already a ruthless place ?

Nah. I wrote this mod in like 3 days :) I might flesh that out at some point but for now it works well enough IMO.

• 7 months later...

UPDATE 1.0.7 IS UP!

Update provided by @requiredname65 

- shivering gender appropriate sfx when cold (Used with permission from Elzee's Wet Effects)

- better detection of swimming

- entry and exit animations for non furniture idles

- sitting animations are selected with tags and tags.xml file for Daily Life of Hooker is provided for approperiate sitting poses

- fixed log spam when None is passed into FindRandomReferenceOfAnyTypeInListFromRef - this happens when one or more KitKat camping mod(s) aren't installed

- and the reason for the season. Blinding white messageboxes, switched to black with Hardship method.

I haven't personally tested this so, that's why the old version is still up. 

Edited by Tentacus
  • 1 year later...

I recently stumbled upon the mod, I like it a lot. Round off the experience.
Can I dampen the flood of messages somewhere? A message by the fire  when i get in range of a firewhen and the character is warmed up would be enough for me. The cold is not a problem, the vocal feedback is perfect. Since there is no penalty, I don't need a hint.

Edited by deathmorph
2 hours ago, deathmorph said:

I recently stumbled upon the mod, I like it a lot. Round off the experience.
Can I dampen the flood of messages somewhere? A message by the fire  when i get in range of a firewhen and the character is warmed up would be enough for me. The cold is not a problem, the vocal feedback is perfect. Since there is no penalty, I don't need a hint.

The messages are all handled in the scripts so you'd have to comment them out with a ; in front of each line and recompile.  Pretty sure I included the source. Sorry I don't have an easier solution. This isn't something you can change with X-Edit.

You can thank @requiredname65 for the audio feedback, that's all his doing and I agree, it's great.

Okay, then that's beyond my skills. And thanks for the quick answer. A really fine mod, very well done. Both visually and acoustically.
If I could express one wish for a future update: a small penalty from time to time due to the cold? And high heel compatibility in the animations. That would be awesome.

Edited by deathmorph
32 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

And high heel compatibility in the animations.

If you are using the latest version of HHS (version 1.8.0 or later), then you should be able to do this yourself by adding a tag "NoStopHHS" to both "_T_WarmHands" and "_T_WarmHands2" in file

<crackle installation folder>\AAF\_T_CracklePositionData.xml so that its contents looks like this:

<positionData xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="common.xsd">
	<defaults/>

<position id="Ground sleep" animation="_T_GroundSleeping" tags="Hidden,TenSleep"/>
	<position id="Couch sleep" location="TenCouches" animation="_T_CouchSleeping" tags="Hidden,TenSleep"/>
	<position id="Couch sleep Forward" location="TenCouchesFwd" animation="_T_FwdCouchSleeping" tags="Hidden,TenSleep"/>
	<position id="Couch sleep rotated" location="TenRotCouches" animation="_T_RotCouchSleeping" tags="Hidden,TenSleep"/>
	<position id="Bench sleep" location="TenBenches" animation="_T_CouchSleeping" tags="Hidden,TenSleep"/>
	<position id="Bench sleep Rotated" location="TenRotBenches" animation="_T_RotBenchSleeping" tags="Hidden,TenSleep"/>
	<position id="_T_Sit" animation="_T_Sit" tags="Hidden,Sit_Relaxed"/>
	<position id="_T_Sit2" animation="_T_Sit2" tags="Hidden,Sit_Weary"/>
	<position id="_T_Sit3" animation="_T_Sit3" tags="Hidden,Sit_Wounded"/>
	<position id="_T_WarmHands" animation="_T_WarmHands" tags="Hidden,Pose,NoStopHHS"/>
	<position id="_T_WarmHands2" animation="_T_WarmHands2" tags="Hidden,Pose,NoStopHHS"/>
</positionData>

Awesome, thx!

I found the file directly in the AAF folder and adjusted it.

edit//

@requiredname65

Unfortunately doesn't work for me yet. Am I missing something?

character stands

Spoiler

image.png.1702f2a81193b22ac6bf121ba735bf8d.png

character warms up standing

Spoiler

image.png.5ae98655c6fa1c4d4a153dc4f24dd24c.png

character warms kneeling

Spoiler

image.png.8d790a9afa277543b524434265c999bb.png

XML

Spoiler

image.png.c46ec642eb191fe13ad6d5c48b5d0939.png

HH system

Spoiler

image.png.bc57b172edd7721cba6b79591f149f54.png (1.8.2)

AAF

Spoiler

image.png.0417d59b681267a08340bab11e10e001.png

Also affects sitting.

Edited by deathmorph
On 3/1/2023 at 12:42 AM, deathmorph said:

Awesome, thx!

I found the file directly in the AAF folder and adjusted it.

edit//

@requiredname65

Unfortunately doesn't work for me yet. Am I missing something?

character stands

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.1702f2a81193b22ac6bf121ba735bf8d.png

character warms up standing

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.5ae98655c6fa1c4d4a153dc4f24dd24c.png

character warms kneeling

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.8d790a9afa277543b524434265c999bb.png

XML

Hide contents

image.png.c46ec642eb191fe13ad6d5c48b5d0939.png

HH system

Hide contents

image.png.bc57b172edd7721cba6b79591f149f54.png (1.8.2)

AAF

Hide contents

image.png.0417d59b681267a08340bab11e10e001.png

Also affects sitting.

I guess you've installed HHS with AAF support and used HHS MCM to enable both AAF options?

I my view, sitting should lower the height but if you want to change that then same procedure should help with that once this is sorted out.

Edited by requiredname65
4 hours ago, requiredname65 said:

There might be a bug in HHS scripts, I am not in position to test this myself at this moment so it falls onto you. Install these as a separate mod, overriding HHS scripts.

I modified the way FO4HHS_AAF script handles position tags and updates.

Thanks a lot for your help. I really appreciate that.
I installed the fix and overwrote HH. Unfortunately, nothing has changed in the result.

Spoiler

image.png.2534e090babedceeb2d140e47f6300d6.png

Spoiler

image.png.00f99d38a8cd3c1d3cab9f2ff8ed16b7.png

26 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

Thanks a lot for your help. I really appreciate that.
I installed the fix and overwrote HH. Unfortunately, nothing has changed in the result.

Hide contents

image.png.2534e090babedceeb2d140e47f6300d6.png

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.00f99d38a8cd3c1d3cab9f2ff8ed16b7.png

Sorry to hear that. I'm out of ideas. You should uninstall that "fix" and maybe ask HHS author what's up.

I'll try to reproduce this, and if anyone else has this issue or is able to help, then please post ahead.

33 minutes ago, requiredname65 said:

... and if anyone else has this issue or is able to help, then please post ahead.

OK, that's not too bad. Thank you for the help and patience. Just a little thing. A great mod with a lot of feeling.
If I somehow come across a solution, I'll post it here.

• 1 month later...