23 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

That is normal. persistence corpses aren't implemented yet.

Oh okay, that would be a cool feature. Great mod regardless! I was looking to make skyrim dark and war torn with gallows, post-warzones etc; and your gallow /noose physics are the best out of all of the rest. It's seriously impressive and realistic how when you interact with the dead character he sways/moves with perfect physics. I just hoped there was persistence corpses implemented. Hopefully you figure it out eventually!

Trying to compile the gallows script and getting this error. I am getting the same error trying to compile other scripts which call sexlab - asking here beause you'd probably already encountered and fixed this

Compiling "GallowFurnScriptShort"...
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Scripts\Source\sslThreadModel.psc(1284,27): GetByDefaultTags is not a function or does not exist
No output generated for GallowFurnScriptShort.psc, compilation failed.

Mashed this up over the last few days, hope you find inspiration and incorporate into your mod (on one hand, it was easier than I've expected, however I'm just tired of reloading the game 100x times to test some crap or another). Happy to help with anything. Uses some of your code, if you're not ok I'll take the mod down.

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/15505-just-hang-sse/

Some limitations I've hit, maybe you can help me fine tune:

- binding hands at the back is easy after animating, but impossible when returning to the cell, they get bound in front of the body instead of the back; I've tried attaching the hands to skeleton nodes at the back (skirt back node, weapon back node, spine nodes), but has not worked so far, the hands just limp at the sides of the body

- loading a savegame does not trigger either OnLoad(), OnCellLoad(), OnCellAttach() for the cell I load the game into - any idea what other event to try?

22 hours ago, SAC said:

- loading a savegame does not trigger either OnLoad(), OnCellLoad(), OnCellAttach() for the cell I load the game into - any idea what other event to try?

In my (somewhat limited) modding experience, the only thing that has worked for me in such a situation is a complex combination of events, unfortunately.

- put the code that you want to run into a dedicated function

- call this function from Event OnCellAttach(), this will handle the case where the player travels to the cell

- in addition (!), have a reference alias that is filled with the player and an attached script

- in script, from Event OnPlayerLoadGame() you use ObjectReference.GetParentCell() on the thing you want to test and then Cell.IsAttached(); if true, you call the dedicated function, too

The drawback is that you need (1) a quest with a reference alias that is filled with the player, and (2) some way to find the things that you want to test. For example by putting them into an array (with all the limitations that arrays have e.g. max length), or you need a large number of aliases to put them in and then iterate over the aliases, or maybe there is a way to scan for the things in the loaded area. In any case it's a total pain in the ass.

On 12/27/2020 at 11:50 AM, Kharos said:

In my (somewhat limited) modding experience, the only thing that has worked for me in such a situation is a complex combination of events, unfortunately.

- put the code that you want to run into a dedicated function

- call this function from Event OnCellAttach(), this will handle the case where the player travels to the cell

- in addition (!), have a reference alias that is filled with the player and an attached script

- in script, from Event OnPlayerLoadGame() you use ObjectReference.GetParentCell() on the thing you want to test and then Cell.IsAttached(); if true, you call the dedicated function, too

The drawback is that you need (1) a quest with a reference alias that is filled with the player, and (2) some way to find the things that you want to test. For example by putting them into an array (with all the limitations that arrays have e.g. max length), or you need a large number of aliases to put them in and then iterate over the aliases, or maybe there is a way to scan for the things in the loaded area. In any case it's a total pain in the ass.

Thank you. Finally managed it. Relevant info here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/135745-useful-modding-resources-knowledge-base/?do=findComment&comment=3240248

List of relevant resources, beside your guideline which definitely pointed me in the right direction:

- get all relevant actors in cell: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/16485-solved-findrandomactorfromrefck/?tab=comments#comment-372033

- fire the event ongameload(): OnPlayerLoadGame - Actor - Creation Kit

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, Pama.  Noticed that you suggested swinging the rope from a convenient tree branch.  Like that idea; much more immersive (realistic to the tech level; noose and drop gallows really a late eighteenth early nineteenth century innovation).  Have you considered using a horse as a launch platform?  Again, more immersive (dramatic, realistic).  But it would require untied ankles and more kicking animation.  Just a thought.

On 3/26/2021 at 9:59 PM, CampDad3rd said:

Hello, Pama.  Noticed that you suggested swinging the rope from a convenient tree branch.  Like that idea; much more immersive (realistic to the tech level; noose and drop gallows really a late eighteenth early nineteenth century innovation).  Have you considered using a horse as a launch platform?  Again, more immersive (dramatic, realistic).  But it would require untied ankles and more kicking animation.  Just a thought.

Im sorry, but thats impractical (at least for me).

I don't have the tools to animate creatures. The Blender setup I´m using barely works for humans.

And besides that, animating in general is a bit out of my domain, so i try to avoid it wherever i can.

• 2 weeks later...

A few notes on the New V3.0 update:

The update doesn't change how the Gallow functions, it just alters the behavior/animation data to avoid potential future compatibility issues with other mods that make use of Zap assets.

That means:

If you don't experience these issues:

-a select few Zap animations not working (kennel bondage, buried, ...)

-FNIS log errors when the mod is installed

you DON'T need to upgrade to V3.0, but new users should of course useV3.0 regardless

For those who want to upgrade from V2.0 to V3.0:

-Uninstall any previous versions of the Mod first!

-make sure to delete the modified FNIS_ZaZAnimationPack_Behavior.hkx that was included in Interactive GallowsV2.0 and make sure to use Zap´s original behavior File instead.

This should however happen automatically if you follow proper install/uninstall proceedings with your respective mod organizer.

I´m just mentioning it because i did get a report that this problem did occur on at least one occasion.

-Run FNIS!

Upgrading WILL break the Gallow on existing savegames. You need to start a new one for it to function properly again.

5 hours ago, Relevant Halo said:

After ordering my followers to interact with the gallows, nothing happens.

Trying with the player, when i click the gallows, i get the 'victim found' notification, and then it says 'gallow ready'. Nothing else happens.

Run FNIS and use a clean save.

On 1/22/2021 at 12:54 PM, Pamatronic said:

Sure, here´s the Entry you have to look for:

HowToEdit.jpg.60f10c0eb0afedd64751821bcaf762b3.jpg

thanks was very helpful BUT doesnt work for me? I  set it to 99999 and it still respawns after only 10 seconds

heres a screenshot

image.png.ee269109e4c2e46ecaa03f1266ce37eb.png

do you think in the later version u release u can make it last longer by default? like 10 minutes or something

@nonameduh,

Those values are savegame-persistent, meaning you have to start a new save or wait 30 ingame days for the changes to take effect.

As for the default value, I´ll leave them at my personal preferences. there are other mods like free death camera or something like that which can be used to achieve infinite death cams.

(or one just edits the file like you did here)

4 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

@nonameduh,

Those values are savegame-persistent, meaning you have to start a new save or wait 30 ingame days for the changes to take effect.

As for the default value, I´ll leave them at my personal preferences. there are other mods like free death camera or something like that which can be used to achieve infinite death cams.

(or one just edits the file like you did here)

oh okie thanks lol - yeah i have free death cam installed but like you said it doesnt override the ummm value for getting killed by the guillotine in my mod list for some reason idk why but thanks again

4 hours ago, nonameduh said:

oh okie thanks lol - yeah i have free death cam installed but like you said it doesnt override the ummm value for getting killed by the guillotine in my mod list for some reason idk why but thanks again

maybe it was another mod. there is/was a mod that would require a button press to load the last save, not sure what its name was.

Also, the Guilloutine´s deathcam timer is adjustable in the MCM. (should be 5 min max if i remember correctly)

24 minutes ago, Pamatronic said:

maybe it was another mod. there is/was a mod that would require a button press to load the last save, not sure what its name was.

Also, the Guilloutine´s deathcam timer is adjustable in the MCM. (should be 5 min max if i remember correctly)

oh it works now :O thanks

Out of boredom I decided to check out the new version and I encountered this problem.For some reason every object got duplicated (Gallow trap,rope,lever and the gallows)

It works but I needed to use  jaxonz positioner to delete the duplicates.

Btw It's not an old save I followed the instructions,deleted the previous version of the mod and started new game.

I have no idea how this happened perhaps a weird mod conflict ? or maybe old version of the mod is still stuck somewhere

It's not really a problem since I never had issues with the previous version of the mod so I can go back

gallow.jpg.8482a0ef3e2266ccc8c45108f215ebce.jpg

• 1 month later...