Hi! Is there a way to "reverse engineer" the hanging script to replace the vanilla hanging.

The vanilla hanging script (found here: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/996763-how-to-make-hanged-npcs-just-thought-id-share/) has major issues: NPC most of the time found on the ground (but return to the rope if activated), ropes (and bodies) stuck in impossible position, lack of customization (actors must start dead and will not be bound). The tutorial may be incomplete and other settings might reduce the problems, I don't really know...

I'm currently toying with a couple mods where I want to add hanging bodies, without player interventions.

10 hours ago, ExodusTransonicMercury said:

Hi! Is there a way to "reverse engineer" the hanging script to replace the vanilla hanging.

The vanilla hanging script (found here: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/996763-how-to-make-hanged-npcs-just-thought-id-share/) has major issues: NPC most of the time found on the ground (but return to the rope if activated), ropes (and bodies) stuck in impossible position, lack of customization (actors must start dead and will not be bound). The tutorial may be incomplete and other settings might reduce the problems, I don't really know...

I'm currently toying with a couple mods where I want to add hanging bodies, without player interventions.

You might find something usefull here:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/97320

34 minutes ago, ExodusTransonicMercury said:

I'll find other scripts within your mod that can be associated to NPC to cause bound hands and feet.

For Hands:

game.addHavokBallAndSocketConstraint(AttachedActor,"NPC R Hand [RHnd]",AttachedActor,"NPC L Hand [LHnd]",0,0,0)

For Feet:

game.addHavokBallAndSocketConstraint(AttachedActor,"NPC R Foot [Rft ]",AttachedActor,"NPC L Foot [Lft ]",8,0,0)

AttachedActor being a reference to the victim-NPC (duh...)

I am trying to set up another gallow, but having trouble with Creation Kit.

I have placed a gallow and the rope, but I cannot find the platform, wheel, lever and trapdoor. I checked the gallow's properties in Gallows Landing to see where to find these four items in CK, but I just can't find them. They also seem to be somewhere under the ZAP items, but where??

3 hours ago, Gudulba said:

I am trying to set up another gallow, but having trouble with Creation Kit.

I have placed a gallow and the rope, but I cannot find the platform, wheel, lever and trapdoor. I checked the gallow's properties in Gallows Landing to see where to find these four items in CK, but I just can't find them. They also seem to be somewhere under the ZAP items, but where??

platform - static

trapdoor - door

lever and wheel - activator

On 2/8/2022 at 12:12 PM, Pamatronic said:

platform - static

trapdoor - door

lever and wheel - activator

Thank you! Found them. Step by step I am going forward.

The only thing missing right now is that I can't find "RigidBodyDummy". When I have a look at your GallowsLanding cell, I can see this object in the objects list. However when I place a new PamaGallow at another location, I can't find this object in the list. Where should I look for it?

Edited by Gudulba
15 hours ago, Gudulba said:

Thank you! Found them. Step by step I am going forward.

The only thing missing right now is that I can't find "RigidBodyDummy". When I have a look at your GallowsLanding cell, I can see this object in the objects list. However when I place a new PamaGallow at another location, I can't find this object in the list. Where should I look for it?

movable static

you might want to scroll down all the way in the object window and select "ALL"

that way the search function will work properly.

On 2/15/2022 at 12:03 AM, Pamatronic said:

movable static

you might want to scroll down all the way in the object window and select "ALL"

that way the search function will work properly.

Thank you for your patience! Found it.

Now I am trying to find out how to edit the Dummy and Lever properties in "GallowFurnScriptShort". There's this button "Pick Reference in Render Window", which shows a white or red cross hair in the render window. But I am not able to select anything with it. The search is going on... ?

UPDATE: haha, with double-clicking, I can select reference objects. I feel like an idiot ?

Spoiler

grafik.png.b94ccd335476cf1720b65d2efad6181f.png

Edited by Gudulba

I finally got it working. Thank you so much for all your work you put into your mods!

Two minor issues I noticed:

• The lever always points to one side (see pic in spoiler section). I can select the lever and the trap door opens or closes, but the lever never moves. This is not correct, isn't it?
Spoiler

grafik.png.13ae2c86ccd966bf97f8e9b286b64ac4.png

• I constantly see the message "Gallow Ready!" in the upper left corner coming and going where ever I are in Tamriel (inside or outside) . Is this expected behvaviour?

I tried to mess around with the script "GallowFurnScriptShort" to get rid of the message as a workaround. But when trying to compile the script I get the following errors:

Starting 1 compile threads for 1 files...
Compiling "GallowFurnScriptShort"...
D:\Games\The Elder Scrolls - Skyrim\Data\Source\Scripts\GallowFurnScriptShort.psc(72,25): unknown type zbfbondageshell
D:\Games\The Elder Scrolls - Skyrim\Data\Source\Scripts\GallowFurnScriptShort.psc(163,46): zbfbondageshell is not a known user-defined type
D:\Games\The Elder Scrolls - Skyrim\Data\Source\Scripts\GallowFurnScriptShort.psc(427,7): SetGameSettingFloat is not a function or does not exist
D:\Games\The Elder Scrolls - Skyrim\Data\Source\Scripts\GallowFurnScriptShort.psc(427,7): cannot call the member function SetGameSettingFloat alone or on a type, must call it on a variable
No output generated for GallowFurnScriptShort, compilation failed.

Batch compile of 1 files finished. 0 succeeded, 1 failed.
Failed on GallowFurnScriptShort

Edited by Gudulba
On 2/16/2022 at 11:01 AM, Gudulba said:

The lever always points to one side (see pic in spoiler section). I can select the lever and the trap door opens or closes, but the lever never moves. This is not correct, isn't it?

It doesnt move in my original version as well, but thats an issue with the lever itself. Youd have to annoy t.ara about this if you want it fixed.

You can however use any other lever as well. It doesn't have to be this one specifically.

zbfbondageshell

thats a script from zap. apparently you don't have zbfbondageshell.psc in your scripts/source folder.

SetGameSettingFloat

you don't have game.psc in your source folder.

You might want to look up a guide on how to properly set up the CK. by default, all native game scripts come in a zip File. They have to be extracted first.

Thanks for the hints! I have sorted oSut most of the compiling errors by gathering the required PSC files. Now I seem to have one error left ("Cannot open store for class "GallowFurnScriptShort", missing file?"), which until now I haven't been able to sort out.

Is there a way to find out which file this error is referring to?

Starting 1 compile threads for 1 files...
Compiling "GallowFurnScriptShort"...
Starting assembly of GallowFurnScriptShort
Cannot open store for class "GallowFurnScriptShort", missing file?
1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
Assembly failed

No output generated for GallowFurnScriptShort, compilation failed.

Batch compile of 1 files finished. 0 succeeded, 1 failed.
Failed on GallowFurnScriptShort

• 3 months later...
On 1/31/2022 at 3:52 PM, Pamatronic said:

For Hands:

game.addHavokBallAndSocketConstraint(AttachedActor,"NPC R Hand [RHnd]",AttachedActor,"NPC L Hand [LHnd]",0,0,0)

For Feet:

game.addHavokBallAndSocketConstraint(AttachedActor,"NPC R Foot [Rft ]",AttachedActor,"NPC L Foot [Lft ]",8,0,0)

AttachedActor being a reference to the victim-NPC (duh...)

So if I remove those two scripts I the hands and feet of the NPC victim can hang freely?

• 3 months later...
9 hours ago, Yoen said:

is there a way i can make it so the hanging bodies in the "gallows of skyrim" mod have their arms and legs bound like this or no?

The pieces of code in the post above yours can be used to achieve this bound effect. Shouldn't be overly difficult to use in other mods.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Could anyone point me in the right direction on this:

I would like to make the SHORT_HANGING_ROPE and LONG_HANGING_ROPE resources longer(physically).  Can this be done in the creation kit?  Is it possible to 'stack' two rope objects together the achieve a similar effect?

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...