Couple things about what has been mentioned over the last page and a half (too lazy to quote):

1. The reason SexoutLust doesn't end sex during timed sex is because it's timed sex. It's assumed that the mod author set a specific time for a reason. For example, in the Tryout mods, Loogie set things up so that certain scenes run off a timer. If SexoutLust ended things too soon or too late, the entire scene would mess up. There is no better way to go about this. If there was an MCM option to always use Lust, it's just break things.

2. "[Drunk]" and "[High]" are from SexoutLust. While the drug-rape-sex thing makes sense in theory, it's hard to tell when it would make sense in context. Just because you're high or drunk, that doesn't mean you want to be fucked. Context, context, context.

3. Arousal should still be tracked in timed sex. I'll check to make sure that rapists aren't gaining lust at a reduced rate (like rapees do). You can check the console to see if someone orgasmed.

Thought I'd just chime in on the timer thing too. At the end of the day, the problem is not really with any particular mod (including Lust), it's a problem with their interaction, due to a lack of communications between mods.

The core of the problem is two simple ideas:

- Orgasm is not the goal of every sex act that different mods initiate.

- Sometimes the actor (or actors) do not have a choice themselves over when to start or stop the act.

The duration check was a compromise (read: a hack) to ensure that such scenes play out properly when Lust is present. This is done with a sledgehammer, Lust simply disabling itself when the duration is non-default, and other mod-authors setting the duration to a non-default value when they don't want Lust (or anyone else) to interrupt them. This was done because in scenes where duration is important, it was already being set by the mods where it is important -- Sexout simply passes that information along to Lust.

I think the proper solution is really twofold.

1. Lust could allow orgasms to occur (and even play the 'spray' effect) without interrupting the scene. This would be a visual (and internal) indication that orgasm had been achieved without disrupting script timing. Basically I'd say Lust should probably use this approach whenever the scene is using a ZAZ (bondage devices) animation.

2. Sexout needs to add a "timing is important" flag to each act that mods can set when initiating sex, and Lust can then honor if it's set. The problem with this is that there are a lot of mods out there, with a lot of scenes, which would need to have this flag added. A catalog of what mods and scenes need this would really be helpful, and we could all chip in to send patches to the authors that don't have time to find them on their own.

Another alternative

Rather than Lust manipulating duration, I wonder if it would be workable to have it track both lust and arousal as different values. The higher your lust, the less time you can go between sex acts before you begin suffering ill effects, which I believe is similar to how it works now.

The higher your arousal is, the less "sexy time" you need to achieve orgasm, and thus reduce lust.

Lust would gradually rise over time as it does now. Arousal would gradually decrease in general, though if Chase felt creative, then observing others having sex when you aren't getting any could raise it (and Lust as well).

This would make Lust "passive" when it comes to the duration, and eliminate the mod conflict, while still allowing it to "do its job" of "punishing" the player for not having sex that is good enough, often enough, or both.

Then again, maybe I am missing something when it comes to the mechanics of Lust and the desired result(s).

1. Lust could allow orgasms to occur (and even play the 'spray' effect) without interrupting the scene. This would be a visual (and internal) indication that orgasm had been achieved without disrupting script timing. Basically I'd say Lust should probably use this approach whenever the scene is using a ZAZ (bondage devices) animation.

Actually' date=' SexoutLust already does this. Everything runs like normal during timed sex (including timed ZAZ scenes), except sex doesn't end. And I have visual cues for when the player orgasms. But it'd be nice to be able to limit 'spray' to orgasms, rather than the end of any sex.

2. Sexout needs to add a "timing is important" flag to each act that mods can set when initiating sex, and Lust can then honor if it's set. The problem with this is that there are a lot of mods out there, with a lot of scenes, which would need to have this flag added. A catalog of what mods and scenes need this would really be helpful, and we could all chip in to send patches to the authors that don't have time to find them on their own.

I think that we should just promote a policy of "don't time sex unless it's important". Sex length should be left up to the player, except when appropriate.

Another alternative

Rather than Lust manipulating duration' date=' I wonder if it would be workable to have it track both lust and arousal as different values. The higher your lust, the less time you can go between sex acts before you begin suffering ill effects, which I believe is similar to how it works now.

The higher your arousal is, the less "sexy time" you need to achieve orgasm, and thus reduce lust.

Lust would gradually rise over time as it does now. Arousal would gradually decrease in general, though if Chase felt creative, then observing others having sex when you aren't getting any could raise it (and Lust as well).

This would make Lust "passive" when it comes to the duration, and eliminate the mod conflict, while still allowing it to "do its job" of "punishing" the player for not having sex that is good enough, often enough, or both.

Then again, maybe I am missing something when it comes to the mechanics of Lust and the desired result(s).

[/quote']

Some good ideas, but I don't see the problem with the current system. No one is stepping on anyone's toes. The only issue I've seen is with SexoutBreeder, where user didn't set a time and his scripted scene left an actor in a state of infinite sexytime after the PC was done.

Maybe I was just hopping on the "omg there are problems" bandwagon in that case.. sorry! Inhibiting the cum "animation" if lust is loaded would be pretty I'll add an NG var to play the animation (== 1) and you can set it to 0 if/when you choose. Due to the timing between init scripts running to completion in different mods, I think that's the most reliable way. You can check and reset it to 0 periodically if you find it set to 1.

SexoutNG.bCumEffectEnabled ?

Maybe I was just hopping on the "omg there are problems" bandwagon in that case.. sorry! Inhibiting the cum "animation" if lust is loaded would be pretty I'll add an NG var to play the animation (== 1) and you can set it to 0 if/when you choose. Due to the timing between init scripts running to completion in different mods' date=' I think that's the most reliable way. You can check and reset it to 0 periodically if you find it set to 1.

SexoutNG.bCumEffectEnabled ?[/quote']

Cool idea, Pregnancy is probably one of the major cases where this orgasm stuff will be important, for male orgasm to trigger giving semen, I'm hoping to get back into sorting that soon.

What I'd also love is perhaps orgasm sounds added into Lust, but we probaby need some extra sound files and maybe a randomiser for the "cumming" group, Sex sounds could be it's own plugin if you started picking sounds by the Lust /Arousal levels and time spent "needing" an orgasm.

If Chase is using the cumming spell (CIOS SexoutCumming) and not directly adding the effect SFX, then I can add the sounds to sexout itself so everything gets them.

Edit: I could also add some kind of callback to this that you could use in pregnancy to get notified of it happening. It's only called on females right now, but I can call it for males as well easy enough and just not show the effect for males.

I'll use SexoutCumming if you'd like. And Hal already added a callback for me to implement (SexoutSLSpellsToRunOnOrgasm) that runs a frame before running the stop sex spell.

Would SexoutNG.bCumEffectEnabled be turned on and off depending on if Lust is loaded?

Using the spell would make it easy for me to notify anyone interested in it with another callback setup, and I'm suppressing casting it if SexoutNG.bCumEffectEnabled == 1 in the Knockdown script. I'm leaving it up to you (or whoever else) to set that value to 0 when/if you want to, to suppress sexout calling the spell itself.

I'm just concerned that if I run SexoutCumming that there won't be enough time for the spells in your callback to get the info on that sex act (mainly for the actors involved and sex type), which is why I've got a delay after my own callback form list before ending sex.

Is there ever supposed to be a buff? All I ever get is exhaustion. Maybe that's the way it's supposed to work... I have no idea.

There is a buff, it's called Powerful Orgasm. Achievable by having no sexual exhaustion, and having an Arousal value of <=10 before sex.

xth

I can't get any "powerful orgasm" effect, either. I've waited until there was no exhaustion, got the toon very aroused, had sex until orgasm, and then *POP*... exhaustion. That's it.

I was wondering if there were some instant between the orgasm and sexual exhaustion during which I was supposed to pull out to get the bonus, so I was experimenting to see if I could find such an instant. But, if you're having the same problem, too, then it may not be that I'm not gaming the mod correctly to gain the buff, after all.

I deleted the mod and reinstalled it to a clean save before conducting the experiments; that plainly didn't matter. :-??

I can't get any "powerful orgasm" effect' date=' either. I've waited until there was no exhaustion, [u']got the toon very aroused[/u], had sex until orgasm, and then *POP*... exhaustion. That's it.

Er, xth said your character must not be aroused before sex (<=10% Arousal). That's probably the culprit.

It was actually a bug. Well, not a bug, an unintended side-effect of some new code.

Update v6.4:

- Now requires SexoutNG v2.6.71 or newer.

- LustX now induces some of the Nympho effects.

- "Cum" visual effect now only appears for the person cumming.

- Rebalanced some stuff. Again. Nothing major.

- Fixed the "Orgasm" effect disappearing right away.

- Minor changes to the knot code.

somehow the mod seems to be broken for me... lust keeps decreasing all the time, so I'm mostly stuck at -0,8% lust (that's the value it mostly sticks at, but I also had it go down to -0,9% once). I thought this might be due to the masochist changes, so I removed the perk via console, didn't help. Masochist is working though, when taking damage lust increased to 2 or something, but it very quickly went back to -0,8% afterwards... so yeah, any idea what is causing this? Is anyone else experiencing this or is it just broken for me?

Using current version too.