Granblue Fantasy: Versus nude mods?

@xxsjxx I use another method to mod UE4 games, for example, Code Vein, and I'm wondering if the method I use will work as intended. This is what I usually do:

- Exporting models from uModel Viewer as .psk, then I import them to Blender with the plugin available for .psk models.
- Do all the stuff needed in Blender and export it as FBX.
- Import it to UE4, do al the stuf needed (folder structure, placing material instances according to their references...) and save it all.
- When I pack it, I don't use the UE4 .pak feature, but instead, export it without that option. Then, I get rid of the unnecessary files (mat instances for recerences and that stuff).

- Finally, I use a script to make the .pak file, and place it inside the "~mods" folder.

Do you know if this would work? Thank you in advance!

2 minutes ago, Aneox said:

@xxsjxx I use another method to mod UE4 games, for example, Code Vein, and I'm wondering if the method I use will work as intended. This is what I usually do:

- Exporting models from uModel Viewer as .psk, then I import them to Blender with the plugin available for .psk models.
- Do all the stuff needed in Blender and export it as FBX.
- Import it to UE4, do al the stuf needed (folder structure, placing material instances according to their references...) and save it all.
- When I pack it, I don't use the UE4 .pak feature, but instead, export it without that option. Then, I get rid of the unnecessary files (mat instances for recerences and that stuff).

- Finally, I use a script to make the .pak file, and place it inside the "~mods" folder.

Do you know if this would work? Thank you in advance!

It's the same process only with extra steps. You need normals, vertex paint and UV's. Which is why I suggested GLTF and then converting that to fbX. Also need to create outline. Psk will kill normals and doesnt have all UV sets, or vertex paint 

1 hour ago, xxsjxx said:

It's the same process only with extra steps. You need normals, vertex paint and UV's. Which is why I suggested GLTF and then converting that to fbX. Also need to create outline. Psk will kill normals and doesnt have all UV sets, or vertex paint 

Well, there are a few tricks in Blender that can solve the normals problem... but I will try with the .gltf extraction for sure.

@xxsjxx Tell me if I'm right or wrong with this please: if I export the model as .gltf, import it to Blender, do whatever, export it as FBX... then when I import it to UE4, will it keep normals, vertex paint and UV sets? I may try this one of these days, so this info will save me much planning work beforehand.

Thanks in advance again! ^^

[EDIT] P.D: Which version of UE4 does this game use?

43 minutes ago, Aneox said:

Well, there are a few tricks in Blender that can solve the normals problem... but I will try with the .gltf extraction for sure.

@xxsjxx Tell me if I'm right or wrong with this please: if I export the model as .gltf, import it to Blender, do whatever, export it as FBX... then when I import it to UE4, will it keep normals, vertex paint and UV sets? I may try this one of these days, so this info will save me much planning work beforehand.

Thanks in advance again! ^^

[EDIT] P.D: Which version of UE4 does this game use?

When importing to UE4, there's an option to import normals and tangents. It should keep vertex paint and UV's, as you can see in my mods. Use Unreal engine 4.21, there's an AES key in one of my first posts (check the link). I recommend joining the gbf modding discord: 

https://discord.gg/saNqxUr

12 hours ago, xxsjxx said:

When importing to UE4, there's an option to import normals and tangents. It should keep vertex paint and UV's, as you can see in my mods. Use Unreal engine 4.21, there's an AES key in one of my first posts (check the link). I recommend joining the gbf modding discord: 

https://discord.gg/saNqxUr

Yes, that's what I always use to import FBX to UE4. I may start modding this game soon. I joined the discord server too, thanks for the link ^^

On 3/14/2020 at 5:45 PM, hilbo75 said:

i feel like i see terryxx make progress in lots of things and then ditch them after a month or two
like with dragonball fighterz, soul calibur, and code vein

private discord

So I tried editing bodies in blender. Once I added the mod to the game the characters bodies would not be there. Just their heads. I imagine I did something wrong in the Import/Export process. The bodies would show up in the super animations somewhere else, with my edits, stuck in a T pose. I exported as gltf, Imported to blender, did some edits just to test it, exported as fbx, and Imported to ue4 to cook it.  What are Important settings to have when Importing/Exporting?

7 hours ago, CycloBig said:

So I tried editing bodies in blender. Once I added the mod to the game the characters bodies would not be there. Just their heads. I imagine I did something wrong in the Import/Export process. The bodies would show up in the super animations somewhere else, with my edits, stuck in a T pose. I exported as gltf, Imported to blender, did some edits just to test it, exported as fbx, and Imported to ue4 to cook it.  What are Important settings to have when Importing/Exporting?

Before repacking, delete the XXX_body_PhysicsAsset and XXX_body_skeleton files. XXX being your character, e.g. MET or ZET for metera/zeta.

Located here:  "Content\Chara\XXX\Costume01\Mesh"

One other issue (for me at least) is the rig. I use the .PSK (instead of GLTF) for the rig, as the GLTF doesn't work properly for me. So re-export the model from uModel again as a .PSK, convert that to an fbx and use that as the skeleton, transfer the weights over and it should work.

There's also a video I linked in page 2 to help as well.

23 hours ago, xxsjxx said:

Before repacking, delete the XXX_body_PhysicsAsset and XXX_body_skeleton files. XXX being your character, e.g. MET or ZET for metera/zeta.

Located here:  "Content\Chara\XXX\Costume01\Mesh"

One other issue (for me at least) is the rig. I use the .PSK (instead of GLTF) for the rig, as the GLTF doesn't work properly for me. So re-export the model from uModel again as a .PSK, convert that to an fbx and use that as the skeleton, transfer the weights over and it should work.

There's also a video I linked in page 2 to help as well.

I tried to replicate a Lyria mod that I saw in a pic posted earlier which seem easy for a test, but the model wouldn't show up. It looks like my issue was the rig too. I tried what you said and the body shows up fine now. It shows up with some weird shadows at the menu, though. Those shadows don't show up elsewhere. At least I know why the body wouldn't show up now. Thanks!

SSBA.JPG

darknessmenu.JPG

1 hour ago, CycloBig said:

It shows up with some weird shadows at the menu, though. Those shadows don't show up elsewhere. At least I know why the body wouldn't show up now. Thanks!

darknessmenu.JPG

Those "shadows" must be the outline I assume? I gonna take a guess you have a duplicate model of the mesh, and tried expanding it, but forgot to invert/reverse normals. But the fact that it's black, as opposed to a brown (darker shade of the skin) makes it seem like a different issue, perhaps you manually made it black. Could be an issue with materials/material order? Hmm, I haven't messed with Lyria to know why this is an issue though, maybe the game is trying to create an outline or something.

Additionally, there's "blue/teal/cyan" vertex paint stored on the body, which makes parts under the dress permanently shaded.

If you wanna fix it, change it to white (i think), well I just color sample other parts of the normally lit body,  and paint over the shaded blue parts. Anyways, nice progress!

Hopefully one day we can figure out how to get proper outlines, as Arc Sys generate outlines based on the original mesh, and use a bunch of functions or whatever to expand it. Vertex Alpha is used to control the thickness of the outline I believe. One issue I think is the "OutlineMaterialIndex", which is missing from my imports. Seems to be an array stored inside "FSkeletalMeshLODInfo"