Granblue Fantasy: Versus nude mods?

On 3/14/2020 at 2:51 AM, xxsjxx said:

It uses unreal engine too, just like DragonBall FighterZ and Guilty Gear (team RED, same as FighterZ kinda).

Unlike Guilty Gear however, no nude-ish base body under the clothing it seems ( at least for Metera ) just hollow and empty, same as the FighterZ models which makes things more difficult.

Managed to extract rigged models and models with normals.

Heads seem to have a high and low poly model, in a separate file from the body. I think Guilty Gear uses the same idea. FighterZ just has it all in one, probably 'cos these models are more complicated.

I threw on a toon shader on the model below. 

bff8283b19f6b0ee3489856346f6de45.png

Here's some useful info for those curious about modding: https://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,7009.0.html

Exporting 3D models

• Use the uModel to extract assets (along with the previous info from above): https://www.gildor.org/en/projects/umodel#files
    • Normals: Export as gltf (for normals), then use Noesis to convert to obj (this is what works for me, I'm a Maya user, it's not great but Blender's controls are silly)
    • Proper Rig: Use Noesis to convert .psk models to fbx or whatever
      • Enter this in Noesis (Advanced options) to make the model stand upright:  -rotate 90 0 0 -fbxnewexport
    • Vertex colors/paint + UV Sets: Use uModel to export it as a gltf, then use Noesis to convert to fbx. Yeah I'll need to look for a better method to get models...

Haven't tried loading anything into the game just yet though. But it should be possible since it's Unreal....unlike Kill la Kill IF.

Anyways, don't expect any mods from me anytime soon though. I'm still busy with modding FighterZ lol.

How can I unpack the game to see the model files?

6 hours ago, nuocda said:

quickbms + unreal_tournament_4 script

key : 0x2A472D4B6150645367566B597033733676397924423F4528482B4D6251655468

thanks! wokrs perfect

I can run the game unpacked or i have to pack again? at least now i can try to make something, thanks again

3 hours ago, JohnGin said:

thanks! wokrs perfect

I can run the game unpacked or i have to pack again? at least now i can try to make something, thanks again

Use uModel to extract (without having to unpack every file, much easier/faster)

Models should be exported as GLTF(uModel) then converted to fbx via noesis. This way you get normals, vertex paint, UVs and the rig. The rig might need to be adjusted and unparented so the G_root is the highest in the hierarchy, or just export the .psk (uModel) and convert (noesis) to fbx for a proper rig.

You need unreal Engine 4.2.1 and have to set up the folders correctly to pack files.  Then you need another tool to repack it such as this one: https://mega.nz/#!VVlwwCLL!TDBl3WBB2uEHKFhiXpLdynRZ6irUiLW82HmltmoTW8M

Getting your model into Unreal engine (use 4.2.1) 

Modding GBF is pretty much the same as FighterZ

9 hours ago, klbsa said:

out of curiosity. Is it possible to extract a model of this game and open it with programs like DAZ 3D and Poser? If yes, any idea how I can do that?

Thanks in advance

I am trying extract the models and convert to fbx (tutorial is a few messages up) the model itself have varoius archives (body, hair, head, details, base etc) if I make something I come back here (sorry if my english is bad)

2 hours ago, xxsjxx said:

58285093_DRAGONBALLFighterZScreenshot2020_03.26-16_01_31_17.png.9bfd404d8d289ca5159e25c49c9ba290.pngI'll try and finish her this week

A suggestion to fellow modders is to make (or at least keep) some armor parts for the nude models (like gauntlets, boots and accessories) for the modded characters.

I would personally enjoy that alot an I think it is a good option to have.

Keep up the good work!

1 hour ago, 201193 said:

A suggestion to fellow modders is to make (or at least keep) some armor parts for the nude models (like gauntlets, boots and accessories) for the modded characters.

I would personally enjoy that alot an I think it is a good option to have.

Keep up the good work!

Might make a variation, was thinking of a just topless version initially, or expose both top and bottom.

I did some editing to the butt, so it'd be a waste to simply have a topless option.

So best option imo is to expose her chest and crotch. But then people might be annoyed and want a bare-foot/topless variation too. sigh

Atm she's barefoot with heels. I have mixed feelings about this, due to the sound effect (metal heel against ground) and pose etc.

I'd rather just make one variation to keep it simple. These things take up too much time anyways.

4 hours ago, domamaypa said:

can some lads show me whats up yggdrasils skirt?. i like her bare legs

Enjoy

https://gyazo.com/6b3fe4ab5cb58385829f8a5728bf492a

Spoiler

5 hours ago, wanigonn said:

There are ways to mod without use epic games launcher and unreal ?

The game uses Unreal engine. In order to get the mods to work ingame. You have to use Unreal. As you require Unreal to bake and package them properly. There's no other way. Unless someone makes a stand alone script/program. But considering Unreal is freely available I doubt anyone is going to do that. Except for maybe SF5. I think (I could be wrong) they did that with it to make the workflow easier. If they infact did, you could use their work to do the same for this game.

But I'm leaning on No. Otherwise the tools would have already been shared.