[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 7th/April/2024).

3 hours ago, FO4Life said:

Was wondering if anyone knows, before I test and risk ruining my setup, does modified CBBE hands and feet cause AAF problems?

I haven't tried either of the mods you mention, but I can't immediately think of a way they would "break" AAF. Odds are hand or foot positions in some animations might look a bit off if they were made for the meshes/proportions normally included with popular bodies. They might cause weird skeletal deformations, but that probably won't be an AAF-specific issue if they do (perhaps similar to bugs related to the CBBE "knee fix").

Is UAP useable as it currently stands? The FPS drop thing is KILLING me, I don't know how anyone can tolerate it. I know ulf has tried his best to fix it and that the problem lies with NPCs being in control of positiontrees, but the workaround doesn't really work (loading) and you can see just how badly AAF is slowed down when using UAP. 

2 hours ago, kenbenis said:

Is UAP useable as it currently stands? The FPS drop thing is KILLING me, I don't know how anyone can tolerate it. I know ulf has tried his best to fix it and that the problem lies with NPCs being in control of positiontrees, but the workaround doesn't really work (loading) and you can see just how badly AAF is slowed down when using UAP. 

You can try my patch instead and check if it works faster

9 hours ago, kenbenis said:

You are in luck.  Grab the newest UAP which has the fix for the FPS drop included.  See if that fixes your issues.  It was just updated today.

^This goes for anyone else that experienced the FPS loss during npccontrolled animations and using UAP.  I've been using the temp fix for a couple of weeks and the FPS issue is no longer happening for me.  The permanent fix should resolve the FPS issues.  If you still get FPS loss after installing the latest UAP from today, please report it on the AAF discord or on the mod author's discord.

Edited by Sgt. Marge
6 hours ago, RandomKhajiit said:

UAP wont be supported on LL anymore either and fusion girl bein on a share site makes me glad TWB is working perfectly. i hate discord

Note that the reason some mods like Fusion Girl aren't hosted here on LL is the relatively low file size limit (if memory serves it's somewhere around 250-300MB max). Current versions of FG are well over double that.

Not sure why some people hate discord so much.  If it's a problem they have with the company itself, I can understand that.  Discord apparently doesn't have very good security measures in place for account protection.  I would encourage everyone to have 2-factor authorization set up, but even their implementation of 2F is apparently flawed.  So like, don't click on random shit is always the safe fallback on the internet in general.

However, as for troubleshooting, it is exponentially faster to asses an issue in real time on Discord, provides support for bots which can help tremendously with repetitive knowledge sharing, and more.  Many of the basic problems people run into with adult mods can take just a few minutes to sort out.

It will be interesting to see how Discord's new "Forums" feature shakes out.  Separation of conversations with "threads" has actually worked out OK recently with keeping support conversations less confusing, so I'm eagerly watching the forums roll out.  I saw that the Nexus server implemented it as a test a few days ago for one of their tech help spots.

13 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Note that the reason some mods like Fusion Girl aren't hosted here on LL is the relatively low file size limit (if memory serves it's somewhere around 250-300MB max). Current versions of FG are well over double that.

ya i was thinking it could be broken up into smaller files such as the main body files at base game textures then the clothing and armor replacers if it has one and enhanced texture files 3 smaller mods instead of 1 huge one, wouldn't be an issue unless people liked having 100 single weapon mods instead of a package gun mod, or just toss it on nexus lol idk tho

Hi guys, pretty new to AAF and I probably already fucked up somewhere...

I struggle to get the male body to work. First i tried Atomic Muscle but the game started behaving weird so i changed to BodyTalk 3.

Now i have a different problem, which would be that the texture of the male body is completely fucked, everything else works fine.

Anybody knows what i did wrong? Tried looking it up but i either lack the right terms to look the problem up or i am stupid. (Probably both tbh)

I already tried the other presets and reinstalling the mod. No idea why this happens. ?

BT3.PNG

1 hour ago, Sgt. Marge said:

Not sure why some people hate discord so much.

While I'm not unwilling to use it (I pop in from time to time as needed), I mostly just can't cope with synchronous chat platforms very well, and prefer the asynchronicity of other media like mailing lists and occasionally web forums such as LL's. The only way I manage to digest real-time communication channels is with highly-tuned client applications, which works great for most protocols like IRC, Matrix, Slack, and so on. Unfortunately, Discord is very into monetizing eyeballs and so connecting any sort of unsanctioned (i.e. not provided by them) client to their API is an express violation of their ToS and will get your account immediately banned.

Edited by vaultbait
28 minutes ago, JansenX said:

the texture of the male body is completely fucked, everything else works fine.

Anybody knows what i did wrong?

Did you use a current mod manager like MO2 or Vortex to install BT3? Are you using any other skin replacers which are overwriting BT3's included textures? Are you using any "unique player body" mods which make the player's body separately configurable from the one used by other NPCs?

7 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Did you use a current mod manager like MO2 or Vortex to install BT3? Are you using any other skin replacers which are overwriting BT3's included textures? Are you using any "unique player body" mods which make the player's body separately configurable from the one used by other NPCs?

I used Vortex to install BT3 - aside from that nothing else.

Atomic Muscle got completely deleted before i installed BT3.

3 minutes ago, JansenX said:

I used Vortex to install BT3 - aside from that nothing else.

Atomic Muscle got completely deleted before i installed BT3.

The new Atomic Muscle requires a specialized skin texture, maybe you installed that but forgot to remove it?  This new texture is likely not compatible with BT3

2 minutes ago, Sgt. Marge said:

The new Atomic Muscle requires a specialized skin texture, maybe you installed that but forgot to remove it?  This new texture is likely not compatible with BT3

Good to know! Thank you for taht information. ?

I'm gonna look if i can fix it that way... if i find that texture in the folders ?

On 2/26/2020 at 7:49 PM, Saya Scarlett said:

Load Accelerator [Its main use-case is build into Buffout, so those two conflict on a low (what is bad) level. Both handle VSync by default to accelerate load times.]

This information is not accurate.

I loaded up Buffout and got rid of Load Accelerator and my Fallout 4 was once again unplayable, i.e. load times > 60 seconds going outside.  Putting Load Accelerator back in and going outside load times are < 5 seconds.

I now have both installed and it seems to be running fine except on a previous play-through, my game would crash hard every couple of hours with LA installed.  To fix that issue, I exited FP4 every once in a while.

I don't know if this will fuck things up for me but I will report back as soon as I have had a chance to play for a while.

52 minutes ago, fishburger67 said:

This information is not accurate.

I loaded up Buffout and got rid of Load Accelerator and my Fallout 4 was once again unplayable, i.e. load times > 60 seconds going outside.  Putting Load Accelerator back in and going outside load times are < 5 seconds.

I now have both installed and it seems to be running fine except on a previous play-through, my game would crash hard every couple of hours with LA installed.  To fix that issue, I exited FP4 every once in a while.

I don't know if this will fuck things up for me but I will report back as soon as I have had a chance to play for a while.

Why not just use High FPS Physics Fix instead ? same result as LA minor the CTDs

Edited by lee3310
  • Saya Scarlett changed the title to [AAF Fucking Manual] Up-To-Date Adult oriented setup guide (27/September/2022)

Here's a rare change log for you all :)

- version of UAP is now 2.6.60.  This version contains a few fixes, including a fix for the FPS drop out that was occurring for many folks with certain animations that were NPC controlled.

- ZaZOut 4 0.0.3.3 has been put together by a few folks in the community and fixes the animations!  No more floating dicks while in those devices ;)