Boston Devious Helper ALPHA

1 hour ago, Akor said:

Hi @tuxagent7

do you have any of the outfits mods installed? First time you load a game or start a new one it tries to load the outfits, if something goes wrong there it's likely to crash the game from my experience.

I changed something with the outfit loading stuff some versions ago and I haven't tested it with zero outfits installed since then...

Maybe I broke something, i will test it but could you maybe upload a papyrus log for me to check?

You are right my man !

I had no outfit loaded from your list.  It crashed when trying to load outfit

I installed the Easygirl outfit esp and then i saw the load outfit at top left and i dont crash anymore :)

Thank you for the help !

@Mehmeme

I checked the script, I got it wrong a bit. I don't remember when I changed this.... :wacko:

But it is not 100% chance after completing a dom task. It's a random chance that the companion will help the next time the PC will 'ask' for help with DD.

I tested it a bit and as far as I could see it was working as fine, could still be a but but maybe you got unlucky with rolls?

Can you try setting the companion help chance to 100%, and after completing the next task see if 'asking for help with dd' will work?

MCM -> Boston Devious Helper -> Companion ->Remove Chance

@tuxagent7

Yeah, I just tested it myself... no outfits -> game goes booom!

Sorry for the trouble :(

I will fix it asap!

15 hours ago, Akor said:

I tested it a bit and as far as I could see it was working as fine, could still be a but but maybe you got unlucky with rolls?

Can you try setting the companion help chance to 100%, and after completing the next task see if 'asking for help with dd' will work?

That has always worked for me. 100% is 100%. Now anything thing less is a total crap shoot, since Bugthesda's RNG sucks and can (very often) get stuck repeating the last result.

21 hours ago, Akor said:

@Mehmeme

I checked the script, I got it wrong a bit. I don't remember when I changed this.... :wacko:

But it is not 100% chance after completing a dom task. It's a random chance that the companion will help the next time the PC will 'ask' for help with DD.

MCM -> Boston Devious Helper -> Companion ->Remove Chance

@tuxagent7

Yeah, I just tested it myself... no outfits -> game goes booom!

Sorry for the trouble :(

I will fix it asap!

Well, setting it to 100% works, but then I can just use the demand option too. I had it at 75% before... Maybe it was really just bad RNG.

9 hours ago, izzyknows said:

That has always worked for me. 100% is 100%. Now anything thing less is a total crap shoot, since Bugthesda's RNG sucks and can (very often) get stuck repeating the last result.

Is it stuck forever then? Is this a know bug?

@Mehmeme

With 75% it should have worked at some point... Maybe the GlobalVariable bugged out somehow and set itself to 0...

Have you tried setting it back to a value lower then 100% and see if you get different results now.

Do you have a papyurs log from after you have completed a companion task?

It should log what it rolls for the 'Ask' option, or maybe an error if something goes wrong...

4 hours ago, Akor said:

Is it stuck forever then? Is this a know bug?

No, a reload of the game resets it. The engine has a math error that under normal (vanilla) conditions you would never notice. But mods that rely on the RNG bring the error front & center.

On 3/16/2020 at 2:59 PM, Akor said:

@izzyknows @GoldenRain

Is there an easy way to copy&paste stuff from one esp to another? Or what do you guys mean with ripping stuff from mods?

I grab assets.  Not all assets require the esp or an esl.  For instance the idle animation.  There already is one in the game so you are simply replacing it.
My favourite not a mod mod was a zip folder that had a .txt in it that told you how to reactivate survival mod after leaving it. so you could toggle it on and off :P 

Hi @stas2503

1) you need to download Silent Voice Generator

2) Then in CreationKit you export all dialog from all quests you need silent voice files

Spoiler

image.png.5881f5225f60c7013d104740e317a87c.png

3) This will create one text file for every quest you exported in the fallout directory (e.g. dialogueExportBDH_HelperQuest.txt)

4) You then add this files in the Generator and generate the silent fuz files

Spoiler

image.png.c5693f5ceef4051d35f3ab4b4be6abf5.png

5) DONE !!! :D

@Oghmatorro

Yes, there is currently a bug which cause CTD when no outfit mod is installed.

I have checked the NPC task selection script and found a little issue which causes no tasks being picked too often at the start of a new game (or after the mod is installed), but it should not be 0%...

What option you have set to 25%, the helper remove device one?

I will upload a new version tomorrow which should fix these issues!

The option that a helper actually helps removing the device.

7 hours ago, Akor said:

@Oghmatorro

I have checked the NPC task selection script and found a little issue which causes no tasks being picked too often at the start of a new game (or after the mod is installed), but it should not be 0%...

What option you have set to 25%, the helper remove device one?

The option or chance that a helper removes a device. And yes I just installed the mod and tried a little.

By the way, thanks for the mod. Its very promising and a nice way to get rid of devices. For future developments: I think its too easy because the NPC removed all devices. Apparently he had keys for everything and the code for the bomb collar. Maybe it would be possible if the helper removes only one device or some devices.

10 hours ago, Oghmatorro said:

For future developments: I think its too easy because the NPC removed all devices. Apparently he had keys for everything and the code for the bomb collar. Maybe it would be possible if the helper removes only one device or some devices.

You will find that when "asking" for help they might only remove 1 item or all of them. Asking, is always a crap shoot. LOL

Hello Akor and thank you for the update 

little question if you want :

can I exclude ( me not you ! ) a clothing mod because I would like to exclude the 666 piercings from your mod because I already use it on my character?

cordially

@hkheung

There is no easy way for to do that. You would have to modify the script that deals with the outfit generation.

I can add some setting to enable/disable things if you want. 

Is it currently causing any issues for you? The PC should be able to use the items even when not given by her mistress...

Thank you for the answer

I do not know if having already set the piercings of the mod 666 can cause problems, in fact I would hope that you tell me but if you can add the option to activate / deactivate it would be fine.

now don't feel you have to do it if there were no problems !!!!