It's definetly not a texture issue. More likely a combination of glitchy skee/nioverride, putting glossiness near max and specular in high double digits (standard is glossiness: 30 / specular: 1), mixed with a faulty rm-preset.

On a new char this problem nonexists. As soon as you load a faulty preset in rm it's back. Just then compare the two jsons with eachother and check on skee.ini.

Imo the cause is to find in those causalities.

• 4 weeks later...

Been dealing with this problem as well...

For me it tends to be with presents, since when I start a new game and don't touch racemenu aside from in the beginning I don't have any issues. When I try to load up a present, or exit my existing character, skin goes wack.

Someone explained to me that this problem essentially infects your save, so the problem is on the save level. They also told me to start a new game, save, qqq, and use the .skse co-save from that run and use it to replace the .skse co-save of a broken run. I tried it, it didn't work for me, but I might have just messed something up.

Also, I am like 1000% sure this is a problem caused by RaceMenu. I went through all my body mods, and figured out that this is causing the issue. It COULD also have something to do with skse64, but Idk.

Concerning the "just delete estrusfemalebody_1_s.dds" idea, it did work for me for a while, but of course now it doesn't. I did try to replace both the .dll and .ini files of racemenu with that of a fresh download which DID work for awhile, until it didn't. 

Currently, I'm thinking this needs a fix that addresses a lot of different things. Obviously "estrusfemalebody_1_s.dds" is causing an issue. With that, there is also an issue with how racemenu handles presents / just how it handles itself period. And lastly, there is an issue with skse64 that needs to be addressed as well.

To recap:

It IS an issue with RACEMENU.

It MIGHT also be an issue with skse64.

It IS an issue with skee files.

It IS NOT a texture issue.

It CAN BE a present issue.

15 hours ago, Juan_Carlos9 said:

Ho affrontato anche questo problema ...

Per me tende ad essere con i regali, dal momento che quando inizio una nuova partita e non tocco il menu di corsa a parte all'inizio non ho problemi. Quando cerco di caricare un regalo o di uscire dal mio personaggio esistente, la pelle diventa pazza.

Qualcuno mi ha spiegato che questo problema essenzialmente infetta il tuo salvataggio, quindi il problema è a livello di salvataggio. Mi hanno anche detto di iniziare una nuova partita, salvare, qqq e utilizzare il co-salvataggio .skse da quella corsa e usarlo per sostituire il co-salvataggio .skse di una corsa interrotta. L'ho provato, non ha funzionato per me, ma potrei aver solo incasinato qualcosa.

Inoltre, sono quasi sicuro al 1000% che questo sia un problema causato da RaceMenu. Ho esaminato tutte le mie mod del corpo e ho capito che questo sta causando il problema. Potrebbe anche avere qualcosa a che fare con skse64, ma Idk.

Per quanto riguarda l'idea "elimina solo estrusfemalebody_1_s.dds", ha funzionato per me per un po ', ma ovviamente ora non funziona. Ho provato a sostituire entrambi i file .dll e .ini di racemenu con quello di un nuovo download che ha funzionato per un po ', fino a quando non ha funzionato. 

Attualmente, penso che questo abbia bisogno di una correzione che risolva molte cose diverse. Ovviamente "estrusfemalebody_1_s.dds" sta causando un problema. Con ciò, c'è anche un problema con il modo in cui racemenu gestisce i regali / solo come gestisce se stesso periodo. Infine, c'è anche un problema con skse64 che deve essere risolto.

Ricapitolando:

È un problema con RACEMENU.

Potrebbe anche essere un problema con skse64.

È un problema con i file skee.

NON è un problema di consistenza.

it is also often a Character Preset problem

I'm starting to approach this problem like a balancing act. Whenever anyone finds a fix, it acts to either make everything balanced again, or to keep it from falling over; but when a slight gust of wind hits everything breaks. I did manage to "fix" the bug by doing the skse co-save fix I previously mentioned, but it started right back up again when I got in a scene.

So while we know that the resulting bug is a problem between skse64 and racemenu, I'm not convinced that it originates there (if that makes any sense). It could be a bug that is just the result whenever something breaks, but I'm convinced that (for now) it has something to do with Sexlab, Defeat SE (probably not), and / or Sanguine's Debauchery ++; since I HAD the bug somewhat fixed, until one of these three mods triggered.

I could be very wrong, so take that with a grain of salt. For the sake of being through, I'll post something under SD++ to see if anyone can help out.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/13/2021 at 6:37 PM, Juan_Carlos9 said:

I'm starting to approach this problem like a balancing act. Whenever anyone finds a fix, it acts to either make everything balanced again, or to keep it from falling over; but when a slight gust of wind hits everything breaks. I did manage to "fix" the bug by doing the skse co-save fix I previously mentioned, but it started right back up again when I got in a scene.

So while we know that the resulting bug is a problem between skse64 and racemenu, I'm not convinced that it originates there (if that makes any sense). It could be a bug that is just the result whenever something breaks, but I'm convinced that (for now) it has something to do with Sexlab, Defeat SE (probably not), and / or Sanguine's Debauchery ++; since I HAD the bug somewhat fixed, until one of these three mods triggered.

I could be very wrong, so take that with a grain of salt. For the sake of being through, I'll post something under SD++ to see if anyone can help out.

Have you found out anything?

On 4/13/2021 at 6:37 PM, Juan_Carlos9 said:

Just to add some informations to our problem : I've downloaded Total Visual Overhaul some days ago, and I have the same "bug", without ANY adult mods installed beside CBBE and Bijin Skin (without any wet options)

Okay fellas, looks like the solution has been founded.
Long story short, if i understand the thing correctly, when you have a preset that has the line "estrusfemalebody_1_s.dds" in the jslot file while not having estrus (or maybe even having it) the game mess up, even if the preset is just stored in your folder and not used. 

The solution is at the end of this page    https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/8324438-shiny-body-when-equippingunequippingloading/page-2

On 5/16/2021 at 6:18 AM, Howarde said:

Just to add some informations to our problem : I've downloaded Total Visual Overhaul some days ago, and I have the same "bug", without ANY adult mods installed beside CBBE and Bijin Skin (without any wet options)

Do you have racemenu?

On 5/8/2021 at 2:51 PM, sexybizzt said:

Have you found out anything?

Yes and no. I have managed to fix it on my end but to quote someone who helped me during all of this (AeliusRuivus on the Nexus) "what works for someone won't always work for everyone". But, this has worked for me and him, so I'll try to post what I did here. It has been a bit since I have done this (and ofc I didn't write it down) so somethings may be off. However, this should work.

Some quick disclaimers before we begin:

-The above mentioned "solutions" are all like a Band-Aid to this problem; it may cover it up but doesn't change the fact that you just had your arm cut off. No shade, in fact if they

work for you then there is no need to do all of this (unless it comes back in the future, like it did for me). 

-When I mention "qqq" I mean "quit to desktop". qqq is a console command that quickly exits the game.

-Whenever I tell you to make a save, DO NOT quicksave!! Neither a quicksave nor an autosave will work for what we are doing. MAKE A HARD SAVE!!!

-This bug can permanently break any present you load while still affected by this bug. I will touch on how you can recover them, but keep in mind they may be lost forever.

-This guide is essentially a patch job for a bigger issue that the makers of SKSE and RaceMenu need to fix themselves. Throughout this process, you'll run into other warnings, or

you'll have to disable mods and cause other issues to arise. For now, ignore any and all issues that are not game breaking, and save them until after we fix the skin bug. Once that

is done, we will ease into a normal playthrough. 

-I will go more in detail about the source of this problem at the end of the guide.

-Finally, there is a lot to this, so bare with me.

Step 1: Make a save.

Yup, that's it. Step 1 is to make a hard save with your broken game. Before this, make a new present; it can be a radically new one or one that is just a re-name of a different one. Now make the save. Not a quicksave, not an autosave, a real deal hard and fast save. Make a note of the time you made / last interacted with this save as well (this will make it easier to find it later on).

Step 2: Fix a broken present.

I'll explain in more detail below why the present breaks in the first place, but for now you just need to know that all (or most) of your presents are broken. 

Open the .jslot of the present you just made (if you want to save others, you'll need to do this to them as well). In the .jslot there should be a section titled "skinoverrides". If there isn't, Idk what to tell you. Either the present is OK to use moving forward or its too far gone to be recovered (if it's an older present); or its already fixed. In this section you should be able to find something like "estrusfemalebody_1_s.dds", which you should remove altogether or replace with "femalebody_1_s.dds". Save, and change the extension back to .jslot. 

Howarde above me mentions this step. They aren't completely wrong about this being a "fix", but like I said its more of a bandaid to an amputation. If this fixes everything for you then great. If not, keep reading.

P.S: DO NOT load the present in game! If you do, double check to make sure the .jslot didn't self correct.

Step 3: Make another save.

This time, we are going to start a new game with a new character. DO NOT import a present via RaceMenu! Make a new character, fresh off the printing press. I would recommend the mod "Alternate Start" because we might be making new characters for a while, depending on what rout you want to take. Now, get in game, and test to see if the glossy skin bug is still present. If not, make a hard save. If it is, then follow the instructions in the spoiler. I would also save your new character as a present (ONLY IF YOU CAN'T REPLICATE THE GLOSSY SKIN), just for future testing.

Spoiler

Step 3.5.5: If the glossy skin issue is still present, then disable ALL of your appearance mods. Any makeup mods, poly increasing mods, bigger... personality mods, anything that makes your character not vanilla from startup, needs to be disabled. Like I said in the disclaimers, at times we have to strip down certain parts of the game in order to build it back up the way it needs to be. You can slowly re-enable these mods until you find what is broken, but if it breaks again you'll have to start this step over. If you are still experiencing the glossy skin, continue to Step 3.5.5 BETA...

Step 3.5.5 BETA: If you are STILL experiencing the glossy skin issue, then download another version of RaceMenu; DOWNLOAD, do not INSTAL. Go into the files for the version of RaceMenu you are currently using, and find the skee64.dll and skee64.ini files (mods\RaceMenu Special Edition\SKSE\Plugins). Replace these files in the folder you are currently using with the same files from the folder you just downloaded. 

If that didn't work, then Idk what to tell you. Either you didn't do something right or you're just screwed. 

Step 3.5: Once you have made a new character, loaded them in game (i.e. not in Helgan), made sure the glossy skin thing isn't happening to them, and saved them as a present, then made a hard save. qqq, and move on to step 4.

Step 4: Replace the Co-Save

Next, find wherever your PC stores your saves. For me, its somewhere under documents. If its not there for you, then I'm sure google knows where. Once you have found said folder, find the save you made first (in step 1, which is still technically broken). If you haven't made a bunch of saves since that one, then sort by "Date modified" if you need help finding it. Here you will find two files with a similar name; one with an extension of .ess, and another with .skse. The .skse is called the skse co-save; don't ask me what it is I have no idea. Copy the name of the co-save for the first save I had you make, and put it on a notepad or something. Next, find the co-save for the most recent save I asked you to make in step 3. Make a copy of that co-save, and renamed it to the name of the other co-save from the "broken" playthough. Now, delete the original co-save from the "broken" playthrough (if you haven't already).

Now, you should be good to go. HOWEVER!!!! This might not fix the issue! If it doesn't, go through these steps again, and try it on a new game (replace the co-save from the broken save / most recent save / most recent broken save, and start a new game); don't try a present just yet. Unfortunately, this bug "infects" any playthrough / present that it touches, and while there are steps we can take to clean up infected saves / presents, nothing is guaranteed. 

Once you have gotten to the point where you feel like things are fixed, you can try to load in an old present. MAKE SURE to only load in a present that went through the process mentioned in Step 2; in fact I would just use the present from Step 3. If loading in the present doesn't break everything , then CONGRATULATIONS, you fixed it. 

Now you can try loading in an old present. Not all presents will be salvageable, at all. With that, since I can't remember you may have to re-do all of this if you load in a present that bugs out.

Also, if you couldn't save your old save, its gone for good. No two ways about that unless you know code.

Below is my explanation as to what is even happening in the first place. But, if you are tired of reading, I hope that this fixed the issue for you! If not, or if you tried anything different that worked (or didn't), please do let me know! Happy modding!

Spoiler

Alright, so as a result of my copious meddling and f*cking around with Skyrim's files, I have come to the conclusion that there is something broken between RaceMenu, RaceMenu Present Loader, SKSE64, and maybe some other mods idk. However, essentially what has happened is that something within RaceMenu has altered / broken the code in SKSE, which is what causes this issue to be present whenever you load a new game, or load an old save from before the bug was present. Essentially, the way the game loads saves is f*cked. Why? I don't know, I'm not a professional modder nor a coder. 

With that, this "fix" is more like shoving a ball of cloth into the arm wound mentioned earlier. A real fix would have to come from either the makers of RaceMenu, or the makers of SKSE64 (am not suggesting anyone harasses them btw, don't be an ass). To once again quote my friend AeliusRuivus (who is primarily responsible for figuring all this out, I just added a few things), we are essentially trying to do "brain surgery with a spoon"

However, the issue is two fold; one part lying within RaceMenu, SKSE64, and the game's files, and another lying within your presents. The line of code I told you to remove from the .jslot of your present(s) is referencing a file that either does not exist, or is broken. Why it does this I don't know. And no, it has nothing to do with any estrus mods, its just part of the bugged process. 

EDIT: It looks like a lot more mods than RaceMenu and its Present Loader also conflict with SKSE64 in one way or another. This sorta confirms what I was saying about how SKSE64 has some buggy code that needs to be worked on / optimized. But, until the mod maker comes back there is little to no hope of a REAL fix. 

Edited by Juan_Carlos9
  • 1 month later...

Found this thread while troubleshooting the same issue, but with a very different cause. Solved my version, so here's what was up, in case it can help or point you in a similar direction:

My issue was NOT with presets, mods, or even the characters themselves. It was with armors I had run through Blender, then reimported through Outfit Studio. For some reason, some of the shader flags either got dropped or simply did not carry over to the final nifs. Checking them manually in Nifskope fixed the shine immediately. 

Double check that your affected meshes have these flags checked (under that layer's BSLightingShaderProperty)!:

Shader Flags 1: SLSF1_Facegen_RGB_Tint
Shader Flags 2: SLSF2_Soft_Lighting

As far as actual characters having this issue, it has always been (for me) an incompatibility between mods messing with their Naked Skin Armor set. Like, Mod X gives bretons a standalone texture set, but Mod B is a breton follower still pointing to the default set. Or, again as a specific armor issue, the skin on the armor set to use Female_Body_1 in the AA's entry, instead of being left blank so it can use that character's set.

My problem seems to have happened when my game had a serious CTD and broke my load order file, or during my subsequent attempts to fix my game.

I was able to resolve the issue by starting a new game (using live another life), saving within that new game, and then loading a save from my main playthrough from before the glossy skin bug occurred.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok this is weird but here it goes: at least for me i found the problem, it was A MATTER OF TIME mod. Yes i know, how the f.... does this mod makes it happen? i dont got a clue but if i have a save with it enabled then my female character will have the problem. I tested this with a save without the mod installed, changed slot 32 and everything is fine, installed it and i get the bug, i uninstalled the mod and load a save with the mod already in it and i get the glossy skin bug, so unfortunately you cant fix a save if it already had the mod enabled.

Edited by Bonadeo
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Got me again. This time it was a preset called "1 wood elf" in my overwrite folder, no idea where it came from. I have no mods with that preset. It had skinoverrides...

],
   "skinOverrides" : [
      {
         "firstPerson" : false,
         "slotMask" : 4,
         "values" : [
            {
               "data" : "",
               "index" : 7,
               "key" : 9,
               "type" : 2
            }
         ]
      }
   ],

I haven't found a way to fix the game though. Probably have to scrap this one.

On 7/20/2021 at 12:20 PM, Bonadeo said:

Ok this is weird but here it goes: at least for me i found the problem, it was A MATTER OF TIME mod. Yes i know, how the f.... does this mod makes it happen? i dont got a clue but if i have a save with it enabled then my female character will have the problem. I tested this with a save without the mod installed, changed slot 32 and everything is fine, installed it and i get the bug, i uninstalled the mod and load a save with the mod already in it and i get the glossy skin bug, so unfortunately you cant fix a save if it already had the mod enabled.

Holy cow that worked, just need to figure out how to fix a pre existing save

• 1 month later...
On 2/12/2021 at 3:53 PM, Gianfry77Foxclaw said:

Hi everyone, I recently had the same problem and solved it in the following way. With MO2 I opened Bodyslide and chose my character's body model which is CBBE 3BA (3BBB). Also from Bodyslide I opened it with Outfit Studio, right-clicked on the 3BBB body item and chose "properties". In the Shader Window the Specular Color item I changed the color from White to Black, I clicked on OK and then I saved the project (File> SaveProject). Same thing for hands and feet and for the particular armor he was wearing at the time (BDOR Hamshin by Team Tal). This was because I had arrived at the last two parts of the game (the great war and the dark brotherhood) and I didn't want to start from scratch and lose everything I had done and collected. Hope this can be useful to everyone.

Hi, I'm curious, where did you find this shader window in Outfit Studio?

And just to be clear, were you working on the naked body itself or on slot-32 armor defintions?

Edited by anjenthedog
  • 3 months later...

I tried many of the fixes here with little or no luck. What worked for me was deleting the .skse part of the save and loading the .ess part. Then I saved  the toon to a new preset in racemenu. All the other presets are still bonked but the new one is good. I did lose some settings from the racemenu and XPMSE but it was minor compared to the shiny skin bug. Hope that helps someone. 

1 hour ago, dturk said:

I tried many of the fixes here with little or no luck. What worked for me was deleting the .skse part of the save and loading the .ess part. Then I saved  the toon to a new preset in racemenu. All the other presets are still bonked but the new one is good. I did lose some settings from the racemenu and XPMSE but it was minor compared to the shiny skin bug. Hope that helps someone. 

which settings in Racemenu? It's easy enough to fix up the XPMSE settings, but Racemenu is a different ball of wax. Just a few, or your entire preset?

• 2 months later...
On 6/28/2021 at 7:51 AM, trajan001 said:

My problem seems to have happened when my game had a serious CTD and broke my load order file, or during my subsequent attempts to fix my game.

I was able to resolve the issue by starting a new game (using live another life), saving within that new game, and then loading a save from my main playthrough from before the glossy skin bug occurred.

A year later, this was the only solution to my issue, having tried all of the other ways of fixing this problem this time around. Thanks.