7 hours ago, JuliusXX said:

Do you have ENB installed? It has a wet skin setting and that happens during the rain and also some time after the rain, depending how it is set in the setup files. 

I do, but it wasn't an issue before. And even if I turn off ENB problem exist

I made a mod that uses NiOverride (from RaceMenu) to change textures via script and that's mostly what I saw whenever I entered the race menu: textures disappear and get restored when you exit it.

So, yeah… it's most likely a mod doing that. You need to try your game with all mods deactivated and systematically activate them until you find the culprit.

Whatever mod you are using must be incomplete or in alpha state, though. 

Before you try deactivating all mods, I have a suggestion: 

Go to the body overlays tab in the character creation menu and assign an overlay to each one of them. Any shitty tattoo you can clearly see will do. 

If the wet appearance disappears with that, then it's a mod using overlay layers.

I won't bore you with technical details. Just trust me; I spent many months experimenting with NiOverride because there's no documentation for it :P

18 hours ago, Papitas said:

I made a mod that uses NiOverride (from RaceMenu) to change textures via script and that's mostly what I saw whenever I entered the race menu: textures disappear and get restored when you exit it.

So, yeah… it's most likely a mod doing that. You need to try your game with all mods deactivated and systematically activate them until you find the culprit.

Whatever mod you are using must be incomplete or in alpha state, though. 

Before you try deactivating all mods, I have a suggestion: 

Go to the body overlays tab in the character creation menu and assign an overlay to each one of them. Any shitty tattoo you can clearly see will do. 

If the wet appearance disappears with that, then it's a mod using overlay layers.

I won't bore you with technical details. Just trust me; I spent many months experimenting with NiOverride because there's no documentation for it :P

This doesnt seem to work. I tried that and it didnt fix the issue so im not sure if its overlays or what it can be, 

On 10/31/2020 at 9:03 AM, sexybizzt said:

This doesnt seem to work. I tried that and it didnt fix the issue so im not sure if its overlays or what it can be, 

Well, time to deactivate mods until you find the culprit.

I suggest you to start with RaceMenu and all mods that depend on it. 

On 11/2/2020 at 10:34 AM, sexybizzt said:

The thing is the mods i have installed recently wasnt the problem, I guess i can try this and see. 

I know right. Deactivating mods is boring and annoying stuff, but it seems to be almost mandatory to know how to do it.

Sometimes my game just suddenly starts to CTD (when it previously worked smoothly) and after deactivating mods and searching information on the one that causes problems I find that some of my mods were incompatible all along!

Fortunately, one can easily become quite proficient at isolating problematic mods. Nowadays it takes me around 15 minutes to find the offender out from 600 installed mods and don't you think that's something I usually do. 

I had the same problem and I sort of fixed it for the moment.

I had Estrus installed and I ran it ONCE, but somehow it corrupted my save, even if I reloaded a save when I did not use Estrus even once, so I thought it was worth a try and I used estrus on my character, the shiny skin was immediately overwritten by the wet Estrus texture, and as soon as the animation ended, the wet effect went away restoring my original character skin.

I tried saving, equipping and unequipping clothes, reloading, all seems fixed now.

If you have Estrus installed, try to use it on characters afflicted from this problem and see if solves it.

On 11/4/2020 at 6:02 PM, Merunk said:

Yeah, I'm having this issue too, it's maddening. 

On 11/2/2020 at 7:34 PM, sexybizzt said:

The thing is the mods i have installed recently wasnt the problem, I guess i can try this and see. 

Guys, Please post here your load order. Maybe I it can help to find solution

Hey, so I'm having this issue as well. Thing is, I've had it twice and for seemingly different reasons (man, this sounds like an STD or something...). Also, sorry, this is going to get long (that's what... nevermind...):

The first time I think the problem was a corrupt character preset, where it had the estrusbody in "overrides", but missed the accompanying .dds. That time simply adding a dummy .dds worked like a charm.

This time is different though. I don't have that line in my character preset, and I do have the femalebody_1_s.dds file. I think the issue is related to having built a faulty body mesh in Bodyslide though - possibly related to KS Hair SMP? Since the body texture goes wonky regardless of what armor I equip/unequip.

Also, I've got a bunch of .dds files in textures/actors/character/female: femalebody_1_msn, femalebody_etc_1_s, femalebody_etc_1, femalebody_etc_1_msn, femalebody_etc_1_s, femalebody_etc_1_sk, femalebody_etc_1_v2_1, femalebody_etc_1_v2_1_msn, femalebody_etc_v2_1, femalebody_etc_v2_1_msn, femalebody_etc_v2_1_s, femalebody_etc_vc_1_sk.

Now, a couple (all?) of those are related to UNP/BHUNP but I'm using the 3BBB body. I did try a) removing all of those, which did nothing for the shine (seems odd?) and I also tried b) exchanging all of them for the regular femalebody_1_s.dds and femalebody_1_sk.dds. That resulted in the skin looking super weird. (Which I guess has to do with Keep It Clean, which I've got installed.) Rebuilding the 3BBB body, the KS hairs and the armors I've got in my inventory did nothing either.

Now then - I've got one save without the problem (outside Whiterun, on the way to Haafingar/Dawnstar). The next save is in Dawnstar - and that's where the problem occurred. Nothing really happened on the way though? No new mods installed or anything.

As to mods which would be overriding the skin texture - the only ones I can think of would be Keep It Clean, Wet & Cold and (maybe?) High Poly Heads?

When it comes down to it, the only thing that seems to help so far is simply opening Racemenu. I don't have to change anything in it or anything, just open it and the skin texture reverts to normal. Close Racemenu, change armor and boom, weird texture is back.

(Oh, also, it's when I change armors in the "regular" armor slots that the texture spazzes out. If I remove, say, the corset from the Tres Espada armor nothing happens - but if I remove the jacket it does.)

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, BlackedMaiden said:

how do you go to a jslot file?

Not *exactly sure what you mean.

The jslot files *should be physically located in /Data/SKSe/Plugins/CharGen/Presets.

As for opening (if that's what you meant), they're normally opened from racemenu unless someone is modifying them directly using a text editor

• 4 weeks later...

As to mods which would be overriding the skin texture - the only ones I can think of would be Keep It Clean, Wet & Cold and (maybe?) High Poly Heads?

I think Racemenu does the overriding, because disabling Racemenu kept the problem from returning for me, but it breaks customization like tattoos and such. I also tried extracting the BSA inside racemenu and tried getting rid of the "default.dds" tintmasks, but unsurprisingly that completely fucked my skin and make me an oompa loompa.

When it comes down to it, the only thing that seems to help so far is simply opening Racemenu. I don't have to change anything in it or anything, just open it and the skin texture reverts to normal. Close Racemenu, change armor and boom, weird texture is back.

I gone as far as to add the string posted on the 1st page to try to alleviate the issue, and I've noticed it works for some time when I load that preset in racemenu, but after some indeterminant amount of time, it breaks again. Plus I don't want to have to do that every couple hours because then it removes any racemenu overlays added by other mods (SLS mostly)

(Oh, also, it's when I change armors in the "regular" armor slots that the texture spazzes out. If I remove, say, the corset from the Tres Espada armor nothing happens - but if I remove the jacket it does.)

I've noticed it's only something that hits slot 32, the default body slot. I could unequip and reequip things in every other slot but 32 and be just fine.

It's not directly caused by a skin texture or 3bbb since disabling both of those and using the Skyrim defaults still resulted in the same.

And replacing estrusfemalebody_1_s.dds does nothing for me, either.

Leaving the BSA for RaceMenu extracted:

I tried removing the chargen and nioverride folders from RaceMenu/SKSE/Plugins as some of the files in there seemed like they might be causing it, but that's not it.

Removing body_magicoverlay.nif and/or body_overlay.nif from meshes/actors/character/character assets did nothing for me either, and the latter broke overlays for the body (who would have thought.)

I also tried playing with skee64.ini and changed "bEnableTintSync," "bEnableTintInventory," and "bEnableTintHairSlot"  as they seemed like the most likely options to play with, but even with all 3 edited, I'm still looking at shiny skin after swapping armor.

EDIT: I started a new game and haven't had the issue, despite now using Wet Function Redux among other mods I thought were causing the issue. I don't remember if it was in this thread or a different one I came across, but the jist was something like "don't make (save? load? I don't remember) a new RaceMenu preset after you start the game or things get messed up."

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I recently had the same problem and solved it in the following way. With MO2 I opened Bodyslide and chose my character's body model which is CBBE 3BA (3BBB). Also from Bodyslide I opened it with Outfit Studio, right-clicked on the 3BBB body item and chose "properties". In the Shader Window the Specular Color item I changed the color from White to Black, I clicked on OK and then I saved the project (File> SaveProject). Same thing for hands and feet and for the particular armor he was wearing at the time (BDOR Hamshin by Team Tal). This was because I had arrived at the last two parts of the game (the great war and the dark brotherhood) and I didn't want to start from scratch and lose everything I had done and collected. Hope this can be useful to everyone.