Lovers Slave Trade 1.0 English Final

What does your quest tab tell you to do?

Did you talk to Asan, the torture agents wife?

It is assumed at this point that you have at least talked to Colin and obtained the quest to "find the spy".  If you have this quest to at least stage 10 you should be good to go.

By the way, all of this really belongs in the Bravil Underground thread......... :P

my quest tab tells me to talk to the vampires, it says nothing about colin

spoke to the vampires

1 on the roof beside the entry walkway

1 on the staircase above the warehouse

1 outside the shipping company office

and Asan

none of them have any dialogue.

Is the find the spy a main quest line or is it a side quest in which case wth is up making the main quest unplayable unless you have done the side quests.

Are we supposed to guess what side quests we need to do?

You are on main quest number 11. 

Yes, it is assumed at this point that you would have done some side quests or at the minimum to have received them. 

This is the only quest that is tied in with another, so no reason for you take that tack.

Just think there could be a check to see if a side quest is done and a dialogue to see colin first if that quest is not done would be easy enough to do.

Otherwise it just drives you crazy talking to people that your journal tells you to and getting no response.

should be easy to check the current stage of the other quest and modify John's dialogue to reflect.

Just think there could be a check to see if a side quest is done and a dialogue to see colin first if that quest is not done would be easy enough to do.

Otherwise it just drives you crazy talking to people that your journal tells you to and getting no response.

should be easy to check the current stage of the other quest and modify John's dialogue to reflect.

Feel free to write the script and checks then if it is so easy.  My forte's are animating, modeling and translating.  I could barely script my way out of a wet paper bag with sharp scissors.

OK I checked the ESP

You must have finished the Side-Quest xxLSTSQ08 "Until it burns out"

Quest:Morag and vulnerable vampire

You talk to the Torture Agent: Do you have another Job for me

He says: You did it.

Quest update

(there is a check in the Dialog, "Until it burns out" must be stage 30 (finished) or you don't get this Dialog.)

Most Quest from the Torture Agent you get only when he is in the "Silver Vine" Tavern, NOT in his House. If you have not finished the "Until it burns out" quest meet the T.Agent in the Tavern.

First quest from the T.Agent is "Man Eater", and you only get the quest when he is in the Tavern.

Second quest is "By Azura" (you must have finished Man Eater)

After you finished By Azura you can get the "Until it burns out" quest.

You should be fine just going and doing the side quests without having to resort to a previous saved game.

Fejeena, what if I change the Until it burns out quest entry to:

I was ordered to hunt down the mage who is killing slave traders.  The vampire guards may have information on him.

Think that will help clue folks in that they need to do the side quests?  In all honesty this is the first time someone has not done all the side quests.  :P

I think it is ok to do the quest now. I have always done the sidequests before the Main quests.

Edit: gregathit I have updated my tips Spoiler.

The quest entry could confuse the Players, because you must finish the 2 previous side quests bevor you can start the "kill the mage" quest ("Until it burns out")

The quest entry is now "I was ordered to assist the vampires. I should go and talk to the vampire guards and then report to the Torture Agent."

Perhaps Change it to "I was ordered to assist the vampires. I should go and talk to the vampire guards and then report to the Torture Agent. Perhaps I must first fulfill some tasks for the Torture Agent"

Then the People post "the Torture Agent has no quests"

The fist quest you get only when he is in the Siver Vine Tavern (Man eater" quest)

Better quest entry "I was ordered to assist the vampires. I should go and talk to the vampire guards and then report to the Torture Agent. Perhaps I must first fulfill some tasks for the Torture Agent, I could look after him in the Silver Vine Tavern."

The only problem with that is now we are getting into what might be too much hand holding.  I don't want to go to that extreme.  I like the feel of more morrowind style that things are than adding quest markers and stuff to every little task.  Let me think on it and I'll come up with something.  Knocking back some Mike's Harder Black Cherry lemonade so I'll either come up with something or pass out drunk.  Either one sounds nice right now.  It was bloody hot out today!

I never had problems with the quests. I would change nothing.

If people do not look around in the City and speak with everyone, own fault if they have difficulties with the tasks. The first time I played BU I had finished almost all side quest before I got the first main quest.

I never had problems with the quests. I would change nothing.

If people do not look around in the City and speak with everyone, own fault if they have difficulties with the tasks. The first time I played BU I had finished almost all side quest before I got the first main quest.

That was me as well.  Course I had to do this to aid me in translating the thing.  :P

Not to mention I was curious as hell with a new area and new quests....AND CREATURE SEX......I think I dug the side quests more than any of the main ones.

I am fine with making adjustments and making sure things are presented in a common sense way to folks.  I just don't want to over simplify things too much either.  Its a knife edge to walk sometimes.  :blush:

Honestly that is the first time I have ever heard anyone complain about a quest in a very long time.  I think I issued that final version back in what....November or so?  Heck, since there have been 5k plus downloads and only a few folks that needed a hint or two, I'm inclined to leave it alone myself.  The overwhelming majority, 99.9999999999999 percent, of issues stem from folks forgetting to install both MBP and MBP++. 

Did I mention I am drinking........I am way to happy when I'm buzzing.  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Off to make some more animations...... ;)

I was a little puzzled by this quest - not because I couldn't finish it, but because I spoke to the vampires - no update - went to speak to the agent again, as I couldn't think of anything else to do - and -quest finished! - but no clue why.

I'd killed the spy for Colin as the very first thing I did, and it's only on reading recent entries in the thread that I've realised why it completed.

I'd also caution against hand-holding, and the fewer quest markers the better, but I do think something needs adding. I'll see if I can think of anything.

My initial suggestion would be to have a vampire thank you for killing the spy (in my situation), mutter something about spies if you've started Colin's quest, or send you to Colin if you haven't started. Should be very easy change, can do it if you like, but it's only dialog modification, no scripting.

For this Task("Morag and vulnerable vampire"), you must not have killed the spy.

See post 310 what quests you must complete. All tasks that you get from the Torture Agent.

Edit: sorry not "Until it burns out"  I meant the "Morag and vulnerable Vampire" quest.

I'd killed the spy quite some time ago, and the quest 'Morag and vulnerable vampires' auto-completed when I went back to the torture agent again, so I don't think what you're saying is quite right.

I'm not quite sure where 'Until it burns out' comes into the picture, but I've been through this sequence at least half a dozen times, always killing the spy very early, and have no trouble getting the other quests. Now I know what to do, I take Colin's quest to kill the spy immediately entering BU, kill him, take the hood and use that to do the necromancer's quest and get the resurrect spell (much more elegant than using the console).

Then I usually go back to Captain Renault, but that's another story ...

Sorry I meant the 'Morag and vulnerable vampires' quest.

Find the Spy: Quest giver Colin (you don't talk with the Torture Agent)

The Torture Agent quests:
"Man Eater", and you only get the quest when he is in the Tavern
"By Azura" (only available after the Man Eater quest)
"Until it burns out" (only available after the By Azura quest)

And in "Morag and vulnerable vampire" the first dialog condition: Greater than or equal to/ 30/ GetStage/ xxLSTSQ08 "Until it burns out" [QUST:0403517F]

All the Torture Agent quests have no check for the Spy quest.

My initial suggestion would be to have a vampire thank you for killing the mage, mutter something about mages, or send you to torture agent if you haven't started. Should be very easy change, can do it if you like, but it's only dialog modification, no scripting.     - edits

This makes more sense.  I think I can cobble something together in the dialogue to provide a nudge without going so far as hand holding.  I'll tinker around with it and holler back when I get it done.

• 2 weeks later...

Right, sorry for the delay. Real Life decided to impose itself.

Here's the update to LST I was talking about a couple of weeks ago.

A summary of the changes:

- Incorporated mem4ob4's conversation splits, so that slaves say "Mistress" or "Master" depending on the player's sex.

- Females training male slaves will take the 'def' (female) position, with the male slave taking the 'off' (male) position.
- When the option to copy enslaved actors (for enslaving spawns & other actors with no low level processing), the copy will retain the equipment of the original actor.
- Slaves and followers will not report you for enslaving an actor. This means anybody in the slave faction or the player faction, and anybody who is detected as a companion by the Lovers function xLoversCmnIsCompanion.

- When a slave attempts to sell a flower to an actor who is sitting or riding a horse, the script will attempt to knock the client out, making them available for sex.

The whole 'knocking them out' thing for when they are sitting down doesn't always work for some reason, and sometimes the slave can move on to another client while the first one is getting up. If anybody can find a better & more robust way of doing this, let me know.

Attachment moved to Downloads section and OP.