I'm at a head scratching loss here... Could anyone tell me why having YA_Better_Bretons activated causes Female Tiger Heads to spaz out; because I sure don't know wtf is going (Yet it's what's happening on my end...I triple checked) :(

There's no conflicting race entry, so I assume there's some sort of default headpart(Brows, etc) being overwritten that's not related to the head itself?

@Bad Dog

Edited by MonVert
5 hours ago, MonVert said:

I'm at a head scratching loss here... Could anyone tell me why having YA_Better_Bretons activated causes Female Tiger Heads to spaz out; because I sure don't know wtf is going (Yet it's what's happening on my end...I triple checked) :(

There's no conflicting race entry, so I assume there's some sort of default headpart(Brows, etc) being overwritten that's not related to the head itself?

@Bad Dog

This what I do. I installed Baddog mods first then YA_Better_Bretons

YA_Better_Bretons.esp
YiffyAgeConsolidated.esp

the better goes on top of Yiff.

9 minutes ago, rb888 said:

This what I do. I installed Baddog mods first then YA_Better_Bretons

YA_Better_Bretons.esp
YiffyAgeConsolidated.esp

the better goes on top of Yiff.

Yes, but  I would like to know why it behaves the way it does when it goes below YAConsoldiated. What exactly causes this specific issue within BB?

13 minutes ago, rb888 said:

ya If not you'll get whole bunch of graphics error lines on there face that what I've done soon move above it it works now.

Except the issue has to do with Female Tigers, not Foxes, which is why I am asking why there is some sort of conflict and what exactly it is.

1 hour ago, Bad Dog said:

Post a pic. "Spazz out" is nonspecific.

As in stretches, flashes, goes bonkers... Like what usually happens when a headpart is overwritten in some fashion. Only happens when YA Better Bretons is active, and only to Female Tigers.

enb2022_8_11_03_44_06.jpg

hey bad dog, i figured out the problem with the miscolored body, the furrifier script ignores those mods, i checked with xedit/sseedit and the npcs contained in those mods are missing from the created esp, and yes, i did load them properly, for some reason the script doesn't see those npcs, i think. Otherwise i checked all other npcs that were added to the esp, whatever other mods overwrite them after YA the furrifier properly overwrites them after.

For some reason, the npcs from devious mods and citizens are missing from the esp, but aside from the ungulates and deers mods which crash the script, i loaded all other mods, so it shouldve added them to the created esp.

edit: i did some extra testing i only loaded yiffy age and the devious mods, the script seems to ignore them, to be more precise, it ignores some of them.

[furrifiertesting.esp] Adding master "Skyrim.esm"
[furrifiertesting.esp] Adding master "Update.esm"
[furrifiertesting.esp] Adding master "Dawnguard.esm"
[furrifiertesting.esp] Adding master "HearthFires.esm"
[furrifiertesting.esp] Adding master "Dragonborn.esm"
[furrifiertesting.esp] Adding master "RaceCompatibility.esm"
[furrifiertesting.esp] Adding master "YiffyAgeConsolidated.esp"

Furrifying NPCs...
[furrifiertesting.esp] Adding master "SexLab.esm"
[furrifiertesting.esp] Adding master "SexLabAroused.esm"
[furrifiertesting.esp] Adding master "Devious Devices - Assets.esm"
[furrifiertesting.esp] Adding master "Devious Devices - Integration.esm"
[furrifiertesting.esp] Adding master "Devious Devices - Expansion.esm"
[furrifiertesting.esp] Adding master "DeviousFollowers.esp"
[furrifiertesting.esp] Adding master "paradise_halls.esm"
**** 10%
[furrifiertesting.esp] Adding master "ZaZAnimationPack.esm"
[furrifiertesting.esp] Adding master "paradise_halls_SLExtension.esp"
[furrifiertesting.esp] Adding master "Pahe_Dwarven_Devious_suits.esp"
**** 20%
**** 30%
**** 40%
**** 50%
**** 60%
**** 70%
**** 80%
[00:42] Done: Applying script "BD_Furry_Patch_Builder", Elapsed Time: 00:42

as you can see it completely ignored adventures and cursed loot, i also checked and it has 0 npc records from the mentioned mods, however it did add the npcs from the requirements for some of these mods, namely, paradise halls.

Edited by Dark_Messiah
16 hours ago, MonVert said:

Except the issue has to do with Female Tigers, not Foxes, which is why I am asking why there is some sort of conflict and what exactly it is.

Do you have Cat race installed? It's not compatible with Yiff. Blaze told me this lol That why it's doing to the female tigers.

@MonVert 14 did introduce new tiger heads, but I thought only the males. 

The problem could a mismatch between the tri file and head mesh. Since it only happens in combination with Better Bretons I'm thinking BB must ship a tiger file in error, or there's a file that's shared between foxes and tigers. Which would be a bit surprising but not impossible.

When I did YA I tried to share as many assets between races as possible. That has turned out to be a hassle, probably more hassle than it's worth. Recently I'm moving back to having each race have its unique assets. That will reduce this kind of crossover, if that's what it is.

@Dark_Messiah There are a few reasons why the furrifier might skip an NPC--e.g. it's a template and gets its traits from another NPC record, or it's an unrecognized race. Or, of course, a bug in any of those checks. I'll look.

2 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

The problem could a mismatch between the tri file and head mesh. Since it only happens in combination with Better Bretons I'm thinking BB must ship a tiger file in error, or there's a file that's shared between foxes and tigers. Which would be a bit surprising but not impossible.

Okay, I think I found the issue... There actually is an entry in BB for TigerFemaleHead, under HeadParts, that I somehow missed. (Probably due to my lack of sleep) :( I'm not sure why that's even there, but it is, and removing it solved the issue. (Because it was pointing to the old Citrus head)

Tiger.JPG

4 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

@MonVert 14 did introduce new tiger heads, but I thought only the males. 

When I did YA I tried to share as many assets between races as possible. That has turned out to be a hassle, probably more hassle than it's worth. Recently I'm moving back to having each race have its unique assets. That will reduce this kind of crossover, if that's what it is.

@Dark_Messiah There are a few reasons why the furrifier might skip an NPC--e.g. it's a template and gets its traits from another NPC record, or it's an unrecognized race. Or, of course, a bug in any of those checks. I'll look.

So after reading this i checked the npcs in cursed loot, they seem to be normal skyrim vanilla races, as for templates, no idea where to check that in sseedit but they have unique editor ids starting with dcur_ if that helps.

Not sure how in the fresh hell THIS happened, but it did.  Also, it flickers, plus the mod then proceeds to not work.

image.png.c20b217dd88fe8df36479a2eb924d0e2.png

image.png.77c74cc8a64cbda48edc858f42a9cd5d.png

I had assumed it was skyfurry was the issue (apparently it changes the opening cinematic and that was crashing me.), but then the blue shlong gaps happened and the mod is not only not working, but seemingly disabling CBBE and SOS.

I had those same issues with the blue crotches on the screen and flickering and it had to do with my Bad Dog stuff that tied in with SOS and also the order. I don't seen BadDogSchlongCore in that list but maybe I missed it and maybe there is something else you can use instead? My NPCs and loading images all have working crotches now but the main menu DOES still flicker until I begin clicking through it. I think I also had to install SEE Engine fixes and I think that was supposed to help with the flickering.

So I'm thinking...

Is there any real value to giving Reachmen NPCs the Reachman race, or giving Skaals the Skaal race?

It's a big hassle, especially for the Reachmen because they have a bunch of special Forsworn tattoos. I'm thinking that rather than change their race why not just assignment the Reachmen assets--the skin, head, etc--so they'll look the same. I just won't have to fart around with translating the tattoo on the original race into a tattoo on the reachman race.

I'd have to make sure the striped hyenas get appropriate skin tints, rather than fox skin tints. But that shouldn't be hard.

The races would still be available to the player.

Can anybody think of a downside?

2 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

So I'm thinking...

Is there any real value to giving Reachmen NPCs the Reachman race, or giving Skaals the Skaal race?

It's a big hassle, especially for the Reachmen because they have a bunch of special Forsworn tattoos. I'm thinking that rather than change their race why not just assignment the Reachmen assets--the skin, head, etc--so they'll look the same. I just won't have to fart around with translating the tattoo on the original race into a tattoo on the reachman race.

I'd have to make sure the striped hyenas get appropriate skin tints, rather than fox skin tints. But that shouldn't be hard.

The races would still be available to the player.

Possible incompatibility with SkyFurry, maybe? I dunno

6 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Only real downside I can think of is those "fake" Reachmen/Skaal will always use their "real" race's gear, which in the case of Reachmen could be a problem if there's any hats/helmets with different meshes for Hyenas/Redguards and Foxes/Bretons. IIRC Skaal use Lykaios heads so keeping them as Nords instead shouldn't be a problem, though.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure I never created a helmet or hair variant that was different for foxes vs hyenas. 

I would have to add all the face tints of both races to the Bretons tho, and choose between them based on "race".

Might be simpler to just track face tints by filename and leave the race assignment as it is now.

New version of the Furry Patch Builder up in the Tools folder. Thanks to NukuNookee for some bug fixes. This should fix a number of the problems folks have had.

I did a walkthrough of the tint layers and I think I don't have to worry about changing races. I made sure that all the TINI tint layer indices match between Bretons and Reachmen, so foresworn and boethiah tattoos should carry over between races.