9 hours ago, NoobPlayer123456789 said:

How can I fix npc keep sneak instead of crawling? When I installed BaD, it work normally, npc got dog curse and crawling. But, after install MuST, they just sneak instead. Even when I uninstall MuST they still not crawl. 

MuST don't change animations. You might have done something else that caused this.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm not sure why, but the crawling animation isn't working at all. I have all the required mods that go with it and even have the right version for SE. At first, I tried running nemesis to get the animations to work, but that didn't do anything. Then I did it with FNIS like it said and it still doesn't work.

16 hours ago, hardenedavocado said:

I'm not sure why, but the crawling animation isn't working at all. I have all the required mods that go with it and even have the right version for SE. At first, I tried running nemesis to get the animations to work, but that didn't do anything. Then I did it with FNIS like it said and it still doesn't work.

some people said it seems that fnis pcea might have an effect on this. Did you have it installed?

And is this your first time installing the mod?

15 hours ago, huanrenfeng said:

some people said it seems that fnis pcea might have an effect on this. Did you have it installed?

And is this your first time installing the mod?

I just checked and I don't have pcea installed. And yeah, this is the first time I've installed this. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2020 at 10:53 AM, Waterburger said:

FNIS says BeingADoggy_huan has at least one AASet definition without any animation files provided. I get the feeling this is why the crawling animation does not work.

Which version of FNIS are you using? How come I don't get the warning? Are you using FNIS XXL?

BaD v0.7.1.1

I see the same message in FNIS XXL v7.6:

Reading BeingADoggy_huan V?.? ...     ChAnims:72(71)     CTD:2,3%     pOpt:0,0%
        NOTE: BeingADoggy_huan has at least one AASet definition without any animation files provided

Crawling animation works at first, but removing DDs that come with idles can break the crawling animation. After that it won't recover and PC is only sneaking.

My workaround is to use the SLSbeta crawling animation from Amputator framework or SD+ crawl

BTW: BaD v0.7.1.1 is much better than the last version I tried, big jump in functionality and features from v0.7.1

Just started to play around again with BaD and it's great so far =D

BaD v0.7.1.1

This doggy menu is handy:

Spoiler

712138365_enb2020_07_1921_11_58_83.jpg.3222e5a3ccfb8dab135f76fcfed116ee.jpg

But also has a BIG drawback: It's activated via Spacebar

Spacebar is also used for:

> jump

> NDUN (Naked Dungeons) struggle game after defeat

> writing in console => saving in console while message box pops up makes the save fail.

> Sexlab hotkey to jump to the next animation stage

Would be great if the doggy interaction menu hotkey could be configured in MCM or moved to another key or make a concentration spell out of it (like a bark shout/spell)

Fun Fact:

BaD is surprisingly compatible with SD+, if the pet owner is also the SD+ owner.

On 7/19/2020 at 7:32 PM, donttouchmethere said:

Spacebar is also used for:

> jump

> NDUN (Naked Dungeons) struggle game after defeat

> writing in console => saving in console while message box pops up makes the save fail.

> Sexlab hotkey to jump to the next animation stage

Well, good point. A lesser power would be better

11 hours ago, huanrenfeng said:

I think maybe the reason why some friends don't get the crawl animation working is that they might have too much animations installed.

Crawling:

How do you determine "too much"?

The BaD crawling animation works at first, but it doesn't get restarted if something interrupts it by another idle.

It can be restarted by obtaining a doggy amulet and equip and remove it while being a doggy => this could probably also simulated with a hotkey or lesser power.

Atm I have crawling animations from 3 mods in LO:

BaD => PC becomes a doggy => crawling + sneaking until it gets interrupted => can be restarted by equip/unequip doggy amulet

SD+ => after the first SD enslavement => crawling via hotkeys => crawling animation can break, but can also be restarted with hotkeys

SLS => manually via pose menu => simple on/off

I'm also not convinced that the sneaking method BaD uses is a good solution. It makes so many things more complicated without any for me understandable advantage.

I guess it was meant to trigger crawling by replacing the vanilla sneaking animation, but as far as I understand it, BaD can now trigger a crawling animation without the need to sneak?

The need to sneak has various drawbacks (especially if enforced), because sneaking has also other functions like pickpocket and might conflicts with mods that pull the PC out of the  the sneaking animation for a while. Not only that, followers will also sneak all the time as long as the PC is a doggy, thus stopping any autobox or idle packet they could have (also prevents them to use any campfire idles for exampe).

NPCs that used to be a dog always seems to fail to get out of the sneak mode after being freed, means the crawling animation stops but they keep sneaking (unless the sneaking animation is constantly replaced by a crawling animation, basically an overwrite).

What I think is, that BaD would be more compatible and less prone to glitches if crawling wouldn't be connected to sneaking and/or could be restarted via a Hotkey like SD+.

Lesser Power:

On 7/21/2020 at 1:10 AM, huanrenfeng said:

Well, good point. A lesser power would be better

Just saw you have already a lesser power implemented for the cute doggy wash =D

That's a very good option, would be awesome if there would be animations for "sit" "lick boots" "waggle tail" "pee" could be added.

Forced movement <-> Free movement:

I was never able to deactivate the forced NPC follow mode, if the PC has an owner. The doggy spacebar menu offers the function "toggle free movement", but it has no effect.

"barking" on the other hand deactivates the forced following of NPCs, but I guess it starts another quest?

I had also situations during which the PC had an owner, but started to follow another NPC after asking them for help.

NPC approaches I:

Do those have a timeout? Sometimes BaD calls for NPC that can't leave their position, resulting in the quest "a NPC is reacting to PC" to keep running but the PC never gets approached. Example: Wounded soldiers in imperial/stormcloak soldier camps. They seem to be stuck in an idle animation and can't approach the PC, leaving the NPC approach quest constantly running and probably stopping other quests from BaD executing correctly?

NPC-PC approaches often fail on my Setup, I guess BaD is better to be tested on a minimal setup.

NPC-NPC interaction on the other hand work very well (but freed NPC doggies keep sneaking after stopping to crawl, might also be a conflict of a stuck BaD NPC-PC approach)

Doggy Curse trigger chance:

Even if set to 1% the chance seems to be pretty high. In only one game day I triggered the BaD curse 3 times ^^

In addition the chance to catch a doggy curse during fights seems to be very high too. Usually it takes 3 hits to make my PC a doggy again (combat against humans). This also results the PC to become cursed during a whipping.

Combat + Traps basically make the PC a constant doggy, thus makes it hard to use BaD in a comlex LO.

Doggy - Doggy interaction:

One of the most promising features of BaD!

The caress other doggy dialogue option is cute!

NPC Approaches II:

I had often sneaking NPC approaching my PC, but they don't force greet. If the force greet fails it would be great to be able to just talk to them and see the a dialogue option about that force greet. Like that an initially failed force greet could be finished by the PC himself starting the conversation.

NPC-NPC only:

I'm not sure just yet if it is possible to deactivate PC effecting mod options, but keep all NPC-NPC effecting BaD features.

And thanks for the explanations on the mod main page, those help a lot.

45 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

I was never able to deactivate the forced NPC follow mode, if the PC has an owner. The doggy spacebar menu offers the function "toggle free movement", but it has no effect.

"barking" on the other hand deactivates the forced following of NPCs, but I guess it starts another quest?

Yes, Barking toggles the NPC's following. It's made to be so. You bark to signal your master that you want or don't want his following.

47 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

crawling + sneaking until it gets interrupted

IF you want to say that the NPC won't crawl when they are not sneaking(because the sneaking get interrupted), then it's not a bug. It's a feature "Crawl without sneaking" that you want. It's a good idea. I'll think about it.

51 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

NPCs that used to be a dog always seems to fail to get out of the sneak mode after being freed, means the crawling animation stops but they keep sneaking (unless the sneaking animation is constantly replaced by a crawling animation, basically an overwrite).

It is not normal. At my end, and my virtual machine (basic mod setup), if you free an NPC doggy, it will stand up, instead of keeping sneaking.

54 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

had also situations during which the PC had and owner, but started to follow another NPC after asking them for help.

It is supposed to be so. If you ask another NPC for help, and if the conditions meet, you will leave old master and be adopted by the new master.

56 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

Do those have a timeout? Sometimes BaD calls for NPC that can't leave their position, resulting in the quest "a NPC is reacting to PC" to keep running but the PC never gets approached. Example: Wounded soldiers in imperial/stormcloak soldier camps. They seem to be stuck in an idle animation and can't approach the PC, leaving the NPC approach quest constantly running and probably stopping other quests from BaD executing correctly?

It doesn't have a timeout yet, but you pointed out a very important issue. Thanks!

58 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

Even if set to 1% the chance seems to be pretty high. In only one game day I triggered the BaD curse 3 times ^^

In addition the chance to catch a doggy curse during fights seems to be very high too. Usually it takes 3 hits to make my PC a doggy again (combat against humans). This also results the PC to become cursed during a whipping.

Combat + Traps basically make the PC a constant doggy, thus makes it hard to use BaD in a comlex LO.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll think of a solution.

7 hours ago, huanrenfeng said:

It is not normal. At my end, and my virtual machine (basic mod setup), if you free an NPC doggy, it will stand up, instead of keeping sneaking.

I also think it wasn't normal. Guess the NPC was approaching the PC shortly after being healed from the doggy curse. That made him sneak to approach the PC, but the force greet failed, keeping the NPC in a constant sneak.

Would need to test and repeat that a lot more to be sure.

7 hours ago, huanrenfeng said:

It is supposed to be so. If you ask another NPC for help, and if the conditions meet, you will leave old master and be adopted by the new master.

Good to know, means I have to be careful what NPC to ask if I want to keep one owner.

My idea is to spice up SD+ enslavement with BaD. SD owners already want to see the PC crawl or call him a dog, means in that regard BaD and SD are already somewhat similar.

BaD has the action SD+ is missing, so if my combination idea works it would be awesome.

Need to test that a lot more to be sure not to break either mod.

• 2 weeks later...