[mod] Teratophilia

8 hours ago, iDarknessKun said:

any plans to support Snugget? I would find something interesting involving the pets from that store there

... what store?

Ship pets cannot be supported unless someone writes a custom script for them, which in turn will likely cause issues with other mods that interfere with it (EG FU)

And i'll be honest, my capabilities with code are nowhere near good enough to write a implicit behaviour-script inside a lua-script for them. (Ship pets work differently than all other entities in that sense, they seem to have their own script which acts as a behaviour tree)

11 hours ago, red3dred said:

... what store?

Ship pets cannot be supported unless someone writes a custom script for them, which in turn will likely cause issues with other mods that interfere with it (EG FU)

And i'll be honest, my capabilities with code are nowhere near good enough to write a implicit behaviour-script inside a lua-script for them. (Ship pets work differently than all other entities in that sense, they seem to have their own script which acts as a behaviour tree)

ooh....that's sad :(

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ninjared1122 said:

i am using the defeat method and it's working fine for humanoid characters but every creature that is supported has turned immortal no matter if there is open space or not, is this normal?

Anything Defeat related is not normal. I cannot offer support for that mod because it's like trying to stop rain with a sieve. No matter what guidance i give, what information i share, it'll always have someone out there report the same bug still happens, that it's not working as intended, and that no amount of sacrifices sated the beast.

Honestly, i wish i could help with Defeat, but the mod is generally dead in the water and nobody wants to fix it up yet...

19 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Anything Defeat related is not normal. I cannot offer support for that mod because it's like trying to stop rain with a sieve. No matter what guidance i give, what information i share, it'll always have someone out there report the same bug still happens, that it's not working as intended, and that no amount of sacrifices sated the beast.

Honestly, i wish i could help with Defeat, but the mod is generally dead in the water and nobody wants to fix it up yet...

oh ok, thanks for letting me know though so i can know at least which mod exactly is causing it

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, GODDAMNBASTARD said:

is there a way to stop randomly generated monsters from spawning? like the ones you cant fuck

Only way would be to patch them out of every single planet... Which is extremely sensitive. One typo and you break a planet permanently, needing a regen to fix it. There is likely a mod for that somewhere though....

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2022 at 4:43 PM, Shade115 said:

Well, that's a creative way to deal with the Ignome's tiny body.

Yeah, extremely tiny monsters often offer very little in ways of supporting them, which would ruin the Sexbound animation (Clipping, no visible details, etc) so we gotta take some freedoms for small monsters.

Also, for people noticing the update recently, added TeratoDefeat support for the latest version. All monsters should be Defeat supported properly. As always, i'm all ears if it doesn't work for some reason, other than Defeat being Defeat.

1 hour ago, Xayrlen said:

I see that when you are defeated by creatures, you are taking advantage of them instead of them doing that. Is there a way to reverse roles or at least randomise them?

Nope, common defeat problem. Since Defeat isn't maintained, it's mostly there for people who defeat monsters to make use of the functionality honestly.

Teratophilla says "Nil" when i use the command /teratophilia in starbound

I downloaded every required and recommended mods from the page even with out any extra mods installed and got the same response

I tried un-installing & reinstalling the game & files (I use steam By the way) and i cant seem to fix it

please help, sorry

4 minutes ago, DST_ said:

Teratophilla says "Nil" when i use the command /teratophilia in starbound

I downloaded every required and recommended mods from the page even with out any extra mods installed and got the same response

I tried un-installing & reinstalling the game & files (I use steam By the way) and i cant seem to fix it

please help, sorry

... wh... what...?

This is, a first... like, i cannot even wager a guess on how you got to the idea that there is a /teratophilia command in-game, and much less that it even has a resulting command. I'm not gonna dwell on it, i'm just bemused.

The installation instructions and use instructions are included in the mod's page. For reference;

instructions.png.ee69bb4960ff5898c5038b78e3e4f969.png

4 hours ago, red3dred said:

... wh... what...?

This is, a first... like, i cannot even wager a guess on how you got to the idea that there is a /teratophilia command in-game, and much less that it even has a resulting command. I'm not gonna dwell on it, i'm just bemused.

The installation instructions and use instructions are included in the mod's page. For reference;

instructions.png.ee69bb4960ff5898c5038b78e3e4f969.png

•  

Sorry i was thinking about the sexbound command (/sexbound) when i said that i apologize 

I can't really show you Gameplay But I can show that the files are placed correctly

igk.PNG

10 hours ago, DST_ said:

Sorry i was thinking about the sexbound command (/sexbound) when i said that i apologize 

I can't really show you Gameplay But I can show that the files are placed correctly

Well, the mod is in the mods (i assume it's the "mods") folder, but still, that doesn't tell me any important bits;

So, to better report issues, try providing a description of the issue and recreating the issue in-game, then providing a log file.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

<Just please don't post the whole thing as text here>

So with that i gotta ask for more elaborate responses:

• What are you trying to do/achieve?
  • What did you do?
  • What did you expect to be the outcome?

With the log and that info i SHOULD be able to give you a solid answer on what's wrong and how to help.

7 hours ago, red3dred said:

Well, the mod is in the mods (i assume it's the "mods") folder, but still, that doesn't tell me any important bits;

So with that i gotta ask for more elaborate responses:

• What are you trying to do/achieve?
  • What did you do?
  • What did you expect to be the outcome?

With the log and that info i SHOULD be able to give you a solid answer on what's wrong and how to help.

When a compatible monster's health bar Reaches zero/when they are intended to convert into a node, the mod makes the monster completely invincible, rendering it nearly impossible to advance in the game.

(explanation in the video.) I don't think anyone else is expressing this problem so I'm pretty sure its on my end but, But if you can identify the issue, it would be helpful.

2022-12-01 13-57-32.mkv

Edited by DST_
3 hours ago, DST_ said:

When a compatible monster's health bar Reaches zero/when they are intended to convert into a node, the mod makes the monster completely invincible

Invincible mosters again? that bug is as invincible as the monsters, that's possibly the most talked about bug on this mod, only way to solve it would be for Locuturus, the main sexbound dev, to come back and fix it, but I hear he doesn't show up anymore.

8 hours ago, DST_ said:

When a compatible monster's health bar Reaches zero/when they are intended to convert into a node, the mod makes the monster completely invincible, rendering it nearly impossible to advance in the game.

(explanation in the video.) I don't think anyone else is expressing this problem so I'm pretty sure its on my end but, But if you can identify the issue, it would be helpful.

2022-12-01 13-57-32.mkv 1.97 MB · 2 downloads

... so you didn't give me a log, and instead gave me a video...

Please do not do that =l

Anyway, that's a Defeat issue, not a Teratophilia issue. I cannot solve, nor want to attempt to, solve Defeat bugs. Mod's complicated, finnicky, and barely works even with optimal scenarios. If the issues you're having out-weigh the benefits from using it, i'd recommend ditching it.

32 minutes ago, red3dred said:

... so you didn't give me a log, and instead gave me a video...

Please do not do that =l

Anyway, that's a Defeat issue, not a Teratophilia issue. I cannot solve, nor want to attempt to, solve Defeat bugs. Mod's complicated, finnicky, and barely works even with optimal scenarios. If the issues you're having out-weigh the benefits from using it, i'd recommend ditching it.

There weren't any instructions on how to get a log. You can’t blame me for that. But if you would like, I could attempt to get it if you give me instructions on how to. Anyways, besides that I will try out the recommendation you give

12 minutes ago, DST_ said:

There weren't any instructions on how to get a log. You can’t blame me for that. But if you would like, I could attempt to get it if you give me instructions on how to. Anyways, besides that I will try out the recommendation you give

... mate... i literally copy-pasted the "how to get log and report bug" instructions with the second reply...

2 hours ago, red3dred said:

... mate... i literally copy-pasted the "how to get log and report bug" instructions with the second reply...

… I’m an idiot. I thought that was a quote from my comment, I apologize.

Deleting sexbound defeat mostly fixed  the problem so that’s awesome

but inevitably interactions are much harder

Pastebin link ⬇️

pastebin.com/ThqUH5Nk

Thanks 

7 hours ago, DST_ said:

… I’m an idiot. I thought that was a quote from my comment, I apologize.

Deleting sexbound defeat mostly fixed  the problem so that’s awesome

but inevitably interactions are much harder

Pastebin link ⬇️

pastebin.com/ThqUH5Nk

Thanks 

One of the Yoru supports that adds Defeat lines does so improperly, causing issues loading the Defeat config, and thus breaking it further;

[02:43:41.567] [Error] Exception while invoking lua function 'update'. 
(LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/scripts/util.lua"]:508: attempt to get length of a nil value (local 'options')
stack traceback:
	[C]: in metamethod '__len'
	[string "/scripts/util.lua"]:508: in field 'randomChoice'
	[string "/stats/sexbound/sexbounddefeat.lua"]:155: in method 'outputVictoryDialog'
	[string "/stats/sexbound/sexbounddefeat.lua"]:173: in function <[string "/stats/sexbound/sexbounddefeat.lua"]:171>
	(...tail calls...)
	[string "/scripts/messageutil.lua"]:44: in method 'update'
	[string "/stats/sexbound/sexbounddefeat.lua"]:51: in method 'update'
	[string "/stats/sexbound/monster_primary.lua"]:15: in function <[string "/stats/sexbound/monster_primary.lua"]:14>

It can't make the random choice of what dialogue to pick when the defeat config is broken.

Other than this thing, like i mentioned before, there's not much that can be done to "fix Defeat". If the problem mentioned above helps, hopefully you'll enjoy the experience better, but otherwise, the mod is known to be buggy, and support for it is merely offered as is, since nobody has the patience or time to fix it...

18 minutes ago, red3dred said:

One of the Yoru supports that adds Defeat lines does so improperly, causing issues loading the Defeat config, and thus breaking it further;

[02:43:41.567] [Error] Exception while invoking lua function 'update'. 
(LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/scripts/util.lua"]:508: attempt to get length of a nil value (local 'options')
stack traceback:
	[C]: in metamethod '__len'
	[string "/scripts/util.lua"]:508: in field 'randomChoice'
	[string "/stats/sexbound/sexbounddefeat.lua"]:155: in method 'outputVictoryDialog'
	[string "/stats/sexbound/sexbounddefeat.lua"]:173: in function <[string "/stats/sexbound/sexbounddefeat.lua"]:171>
	(...tail calls...)
	[string "/scripts/messageutil.lua"]:44: in method 'update'
	[string "/stats/sexbound/sexbounddefeat.lua"]:51: in method 'update'
	[string "/stats/sexbound/monster_primary.lua"]:15: in function <[string "/stats/sexbound/monster_primary.lua"]:14>

It can't make the random choice of what dialogue to pick when the defeat config is broken.

Other than this thing, like i mentioned before, there's not much that can be done to "fix Defeat". If the problem mentioned above helps, hopefully you'll enjoy the experience better, but otherwise, the mod is known to be buggy, and support for it is merely offered as is, since nobody has the patience or time to fix it...

Understood thanks for the support ?

• 4 weeks later...