[mod] Teratophilia

11 hours ago, red3dred said:

You're using a ancient mod that overwrites chunks of Sexbound with older code. Please try removing VenusBM and trying again.

As for the mod list without that, Defeat is usually finnicky, so i cannot guarantee it'll work well.

now it works, thanks a lot

On 12/25/2022 at 9:40 PM, red3dred said:

You're using a ancient mod that overwrites chunks of Sexbound with older code. Please try removing VenusBM and trying again.

As for the mod list without that, Defeat is usually finnicky, so i cannot guarantee it'll work well.

How did you figure that out from the log?  I've been trying to decipher my own logs, and I can't figure out where exactly the problem is coming from.

18 minutes ago, ShylokVakarian said:

How did you figure that out from the log?  I've been trying to decipher my own logs, and I can't figure out where exactly the problem is coming from.

Several things really, it's a mixture of knowing what mods are known to cause issues, what issues, how old they are, and most of all, "How fucked is the thing".

If Sexbound instantly vomits all errors about every module, that usually means something intrinsic to the mod is broken, usually that's the Animation file.

Log Reading is 50% guess work and 50% knowing how to point fingers, either by mod name, or by history with the mod.

(Edit)
... Which is to say, honestly, i read the top and see your mods, i recognize a problem mod, problem solved.
If i don't recognize a mod, i scroll down and see the mods list with the word "workshop" highlighted, to see what workshops mods are loaded, in what order.
If that also has no instant blame, i just roll over to seeing what the final error is. Crashes are at the bottom, usually with the keyword "Caused by:", or the latest [Error] messages. Try to understand what they say, errors mention lines and points in the script where the error occured, if it's a Sexbound error, i can usually just go to the script that error'd and see at what point it spilled the beans.

That finally sums it up. If i get a source of the error, that's a result, and that's good enough. If i get down to the last step and can't make sense of it, i have to see mods with names related/close to the issue (If NPCs error, look for mods like "Better NPCs", "NPCs drop Gear", etc.), and cross-reference the workshop IDs to directly link myself to the mod pages, it's... quite a lot of research.

And finally, if i cannot, by the life of me, find the problem, the last resort is taking the modpack apart, noting what originaly it was, and taking chunks apart until the issue is resolved, then adding that chunk slowly back.

Edited by red3dred

Really glad I tested some things out before commenting on this mod. For me, this mod never worked. Then I thought it was working just any monster on the first planet cant rape or be fucked. Then I thought if the mod doesnt work it'll just crash. But it doesnt and if you have any mod that conflicts with this mod then it'll just wont work. Thankfully I tested it out by deleting all my mods and only installing the one this mod suggested. Works. Then I tested the mod each time I added another mod. Some worked some others doesnt. The one mod made by the same mod auther that didnt worked was "SxB PoV Redux" which causes you to die instead of being raped. To be fair I died midair so hopefully this wrong. I shouldve tried to kill a fuckable monster instead. I still get some bugs like immortal monsters and when being raped my character is the dominant one. 

But if you have the same problems I had I recommend you doing the same. From what Im aware any custom player mod can work with this mod but I only tested it out on two player mods modded for Sexbound

Edited by Lordchaosc
19 hours ago, Lordchaosc said:

Really glad I tested some things out before commenting on this mod. For me, this mod never worked. Then I thought it was working just any monster on the first planet cant rape or be fucked. Then I thought if the mod doesnt work it'll just crash. But it doesnt and if you have any mod that conflicts with this mod then it'll just wont work. Thankfully I tested it out by deleting all my mods and only installing the one this mod suggested. Works. Then I tested the mod each time I added another mod. Some worked some others doesnt. The one mod made by the same mod auther that didnt worked was "SxB PoV Redux" which causes you to die instead of being raped. To be fair I died midair so hopefully this wrong. I shouldve tried to kill a fuckable monster instead. I still get some bugs like immortal monsters and when being raped my character is the dominant one. 

But if you have the same problems I had I recommend you doing the same. From what Im aware any custom player mod can work with this mod but I only tested it out on two player mods modded for Sexbound

sounds like the issue is with Sexbound defeat and nothing from this mod

Edited by Chrimsi
50 minutes ago, cookiez999 said:

what is that creature to the left of smoglin in the safari update pic? I've never seen it before

that's the Ignome but what i don't know is what's to the left of the Crustoise in the Forest update pic

Edited by Chrimsi
6 hours ago, Chrimsi said:

that's the Ignome but what i don't know is what's to the left of the Crustoise in the Forest update pic

... Now that you mention it, yeah, the Peblit is almost entirely covered. But anyhow, it's this.
image.png.77005c5dc0e399025e4891ef460e0445.png

so yet another pregnancy question. If i adjust my pregnancy settings in sexbound to allow males to get pregnant, that should also affect the male monsters right? because no matter how many times i use aphrodites bow, no message pops up on my monsters saying they got pregnant. Also, just in case you weren't aware, when using the base game pet healer it will randomize your monster, so if you are looking for a specific gender of monster you can just put it in there to swap its genders.

12 hours ago, Ecroose said:

so yet another pregnancy question. If i adjust my pregnancy settings in sexbound to allow males to get pregnant, that should also affect the male monsters right? because no matter how many times i use aphrodites bow, no message pops up on my monsters saying they got pregnant. Also, just in case you weren't aware, when using the base game pet healer it will randomize your monster, so if you are looking for a specific gender of monster you can just put it in there to swap its genders.

It should, yes. If you setup so males can be impregnated, then regardless of the type, that should be true.

Fennix, at least on my end, have everything setup correctly, as in, can be impregnated, have eggs, and should, by all means, work as you intended.

As for the healing station, that was a "unintended feature", since i was the one responsible for implementing monster genders into Sexbound, and at the time, had no idea how to approach it, so i used a "resource". "Resources" in Starbound are the things like "Hitpoints", "Energy", "Arousal" etc. This means "healing them" takes their resource (gender) to it's default state (0, which rolls male or female upon Sexbound Interaction). At least most monsters have their gender value set to 0, only few exceptions are the Mother Poptop and Ignome for instance.

6 hours ago, Chrimsi said:

huh so that's why my Fennix was suddenly male

Sadly, a side effect of the mentioned above.

This might have to change in the future, given we're currently doing a new API, and it's giving new issues to monsters, so i'm gonna have to figure some things out slowly.

Edited by red3dred
Fixing muh typos.
4 hours ago, red3dred said:

It should, yes. If you setup so males can be impregnated, then regardless of the type, that should be true.

Fennix, at least on my end, have everything setup correctly, as in, can be impregnated, have eggs, and should, by all means, work as you intended.

As for the healing station, that was a "unintended feature", since i was the one responsible for implementing monster genders into Sexbound, and at the time, had no idea how to approach it, so i used a "resource". "Resources" in Starbound are the things like "Hitpoints", "Energy", "Arousal" etc. This means "healing them" takes their resource (gender) to it's default state (0, which rolls male or female upon Sexbound Interaction). At least most monsters have their gender value set to 0, only few exceptions are the Mother Poptop and Ignome for instance.

Sadly, a side effect of the mentioned above.

This might have to change in the future, given we're currently doing a new API, and it's giving new issues to monsters, so i'm gonna have to figure some things out slowly.

Ah, I see.
That's why the gender changed at the healing station.
It is a troublesome place to be changed even if it is used simply for recovery because it is easy to change gender.

4 hours ago, Shade115 said:

A new API huh? That's a surprise to see. I imagine more details are listed on the Discord, but are there any noteworthy things coming with it?

*Many* noteworthy things, it's a long list from small to big features, implemented and planned, but it's currently in development. No point talking about it now, really. Would be better for people interested to join me in testing it and finding bugs by messing with things and finding out what breaks.

41 minutes ago, CuloACapanna said:

Hi I have installed all the required mods but it doesn't show any animation.

If I defeat an enemy or use Aphrodite's bow it do nothing. All the mod are on last version.

I don't know if it's related, but all sprites are vanilla and not as in your image.

Try posting a log file as mentioned and explained in the quote below:

So, to better report issues, try providing a description of the issue and recreating the issue in-game, then providing a log file.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

<Just please don't post the whole thing as text here>

This is a "copy-pasta", as in, you don't need to explain your issue again, just a common message i've had to repost often, so it covers all grounds.

31 minutes ago, RicecakeHuman said:

Ah, I see.
That's why the gender changed at the healing station.
It is a troublesome place to be changed even if it is used simply for recovery because it is easy to change gender.

Not sure if you mean that it's "Troublesome that the gender got changed there" or "The change to the gender system is going to be troublesome".
For the former, honestly, it's more troublesome that people's pets randomly change genders. Regenerative cells be damned, they stole his dick! It's a "unwanted surprise" for most, but at least, fixing it is just as easy as causing it.
The latter, well... we'll see.

11 hours ago, CuloACapanna said:

T One Woods Round DIY Craft Wooden Log Natural Bark Coaster/Slices, 3  Inches Size - Set of 6

Truthfully, it says here that Teratophilia, is in fact, not installed.

Spoiler

image.png.f6f0c92e8e8382f876718071ded79e14.png

As shown above, there are only 3 mentions of the Teratophilia name per loading cycle, all of them are from the Terato-Scenes mod.
The game runs this loading cycle twice, once for local mods only, then local+workshop mods, so 6 mentions checks out.

If you want to use Teratophilia, i'd recommend installing the mod! Some people say it's a nice mod. Installation instructions are available in the mod's page, and links to other content and requirements too.

• 2 months later...

This mod is awesome! Thanks to everyone creating it. Due to the other mods I have installed even NPCs are able to breed with the monsters, which gives a whole another layer to this mod. Eagerly awaiting for new updates. I wish I could contribute but the only thing I could do is some pixel art (maybe one of these days I'll draw some, if I ever do I'll be sure to release them here for free use!)

Extra thanks to the person who put Smoglin in this mod, you're the best

One idea I have is monsters taking turns after they climax for terramons + defeat. Had this idea when I entered a sex scene while testing out Sexbound reborn and hopefully when defeat is implemented into reborn something similar like this where enemies will take turns fucking the player would be a thing.

2 hours ago, Lordchaosc said:

One idea I have is monsters taking turns after they climax for terramons + defeat. Had this idea when I entered a sex scene while testing out Sexbound reborn and hopefully when defeat is implemented into reborn something similar like this where enemies will take turns fucking the player would be a thing.

It's not impossible if there are multiple enemies, but that, as you mentioned, is sadly not part of this mod, and entirely relies on Defeat not only being resurrected, but also expanded!

One can hope people manage to get that mod nailed down.

On 3/28/2023 at 7:57 PM, red3dred said:

It's not impossible if there are multiple enemies, but that, as you mentioned, is sadly not part of this mod, and entirely relies on Defeat not only being resurrected, but also expanded!

I second this. Unfortunately, even with some of the tweaking I tried to do, I could not get SxB Defeat to work with SxBR so I've essentially given up on my attempt to make a mod using SxB Defeat as the foundation. I'm not that knowledgeable in making mods to begin with though. If I was a bit better at it, I would probably just try to make an entirely new mod to handle defeats.

On 3/28/2023 at 7:57 PM, red3dred said:

On 3/29/2023 at 8:46 PM, VAAlucard said:

I second this. Unfortunately, even with some of the tweaking I tried to do, I could not get SxB Defeat to work with SxBR so I've essentially given up on my attempt to make a mod using SxB Defeat as the foundation. I'm not that knowledgeable in making mods to begin with though. If I was a bit better at it, I would probably just try to make an entirely new mod to handle defeats.

What are the issues/complications with Defeat?  I've been digging into the scripts for SxB and Defeat, and have been toying around with it while learning more about LUA.  I have considered trying to rewrite the mod and remove its config dependency so it has fall backs.  While also adding a bit of functionality just to play around with it.  Though would like the input of those more experienced in mods to give some insight.

27 minutes ago, Seraphy66 said:

What are the issues/complications with Defeat?  I've been digging into the scripts for SxB and Defeat, and have been toying around with it while learning more about LUA.  I have considered trying to rewrite the mod and remove its config dependency so it has fall backs.  While also adding a bit of functionality just to play around with it.  Though would like the input of those more experienced in mods to give some insight.

There's quite a few of those, from incompatibilities, which, granted, there isn't much you can do when another mod just overwrites how the player/NPCs take damage...

But as for known issues with Defeat, there are:

Spoiler
  • Defeat will fire a moment after the NPC takes damage. For melee weapons, this means often in the air, while being knocked back, thus failing to transform into a node at their feet.
  • Defeat is bypassed by damage-over-time effects, who will kill NPCs right away.
  • NPCs with regen will refuse to be properly killed after defeated, often being defeated again, in a loop, until killed quickly enough or...
  • Defeat configs are finnicky, and monsters will still say their "conversion" line after finishing being defeated and becoming neutral/friendly.
  • Defeat config option to enable Interface when the player is defeated is entirely disfunctional.
  • Defeat lacks options to handle monsters, as you are bound to defeat way more monsters than NPCs, but truthfully, a configurable "success" chance (beyond how buggy it is) would be nice.
  • Defeat will fail to trigger for unknown reasons.
  • Defeat may fail to properly find a target/damage source for players, in cases of things such as environmental damage, fall damage, etc. and instead make them invincible.
  • [!] Defeat will, by default, enable players to be transformed by Sexbound "Mind control" effects such as the Aphrodite's Bow, Lewd-guns and the Lovely Whip, this is not a good idea in most multiplayer scenarios, not to mention such weapons can hit yourself. (At least it's not as bad as previously, where it would force you into the node and take control away, making players unable to escape a Sexbound interaction...)

But all of the above are unrelated to this mod in particular. If you really wanted to make improvements upon Defeat, making the configs not break it, and fixing it's stability issues and bugs are priority IMO, while improvements to it's mechanics are second (Such as, but not limited to one of these; Automatically entering a nearby Sexbound bed if available. Making groups of enemies join in. Make enemies beyond the defeat-er want to join the node. etc.)