10 hours ago, APCMan said:

Any solution to this? I have the same thing with Queen Isabel.

In the past when the scripts were loose this would happen when this script would become spontaneously corrupted due to bit flipping (The universe hates your software. Keep lots of backups) In that case the solution is redownloading and reinstalling Hardship. In all my years of playtesting this happened to me TWICE with that same script!

That said this should be much less likely now that the scripts are archived. so if that doesn't help I dunno what to tell you.

9 hours ago, katrina.balanchuk said:

I had advewntures with both BD and Isbael (at differnet times of course, BD is in Third Rail in Goodneighbor))

After it seemed broke for a while, eventually both would take my caps again...

This is very confusing I have no idea why this would happen... not for BD anyway... it's possible some of the Isabel slave assignments postpone the asking for caps... I frankly barely remember how this mod works at this point... sorry.

Edited by Tentacus

So I would really like to play with this mod, but I would also like to mix it with a mod that adds a bunch of custom Races to the game (furry fallout), However, when I have the Extra races active, they override the human races of all the NPCs, which causes this mod to become almost non-functional. I occasionally get a random NPC to initiate begging dialogue (>1% chance), but oddly enough Diamond city security works perfectly fine.
I've dug as far into the code as I can to try and find where the Begging mode pulls valid NPC races from, but I can't find it and would appreciate some help.

3 hours ago, bananaman11111 said:

So I would really like to play with this mod, but I would also like to mix it with a mod that adds a bunch of custom Races to the game (furry fallout), However, when I have the Extra races active, they override the human races of all the NPCs, which causes this mod to become almost non-functional. I occasionally get a random NPC to initiate begging dialogue (>1% chance), but oddly enough Diamond city security works perfectly fine.
I've dug as far into the code as I can to try and find where the Begging mode pulls valid NPC races from, but I can't find it and would appreciate some help.

I'm really mentally removed from working on this so I can only guess what the issue is but I don't remember doing anything much with checking races specifically. Your issue may have to do with the actortype keyword checks. Make sure that the furry mod adds the appropriate vanilla keyword(s) for adult human actors to it's NPCs If not edit that mod to do so. Whatever the issue is it's almost certainly centered on filling the "dialogue" alias.

BTW this is yet more shit Skyrim did better... you didn't have to fill an alias to have dialogue. (Though that does mean more conditions on every topic)

Edited by Tentacus

Had an interesting thing occur.

With the combination of mods I run, I got a settlement attack notice.  Because to the time and weather, I ran directly into the the main +30 raid group. After 20+ assaults my pc was sold to raiders near Bunker Hill. Escaped and kinda forgot about it.

Much later I came across a Gunner roadblock and decided to activate Hardship to see if I could get by without wasting ammo, but I couldn't activate Hardship because I was a captive...?

17 hours ago, Joe_Oni said:

Had an interesting thing occur.

With the combination of mods I run, I got a settlement attack notice.  Because to the time and weather, I ran directly into the the main +30 raid group. After 20+ assaults my pc was sold to raiders near Bunker Hill. Escaped and kinda forgot about it.

Much later I came across a Gunner roadblock and decided to activate Hardship to see if I could get by without wasting ammo, but I couldn't activate Hardship because I was a captive...?

Assuming this has to do with Flashy's ancient slavery mod. Try typing "Set _T_RaiderCaptive to 0" in the console. if there is no MCM option to do so. EDIT: There is an option to toggle this in the menu object

Edit:  If all else fails you may have to try to remove the CSA keyword from the player with the console. (The mod should have done this when you escaped) The keyword in question is: RSEPlayerCaptive

Edited by Tentacus
  • 3 weeks later...

What would happen if I run HARDSHIP without Staged Leito?

I want to use SAM Enhanced Animations, but the latest version in particular (1.3.3) causes the issue of not being able to start the AAF scene if I have them both active. There's nothing wrong with Staged Leito, and I'm definitely not saying it's bad or anything; it's pretty old and I doubt it'll be updated again. As such, I want to use something new that offers more.

I've been using Staged Leito for ages now just because HARDSHIP requires it.

33 minutes ago, rubber_duck said:

I want to use SAM Enhanced Animations, but the latest version in particular (1.3.3) causes the issue of not being able to start the AAF scene if I have them both active. There's nothing wrong with Staged Leito, and I'm definitely not saying it's bad or anything; it's pretty old and I doubt it'll be updated again. As such, I want to use something new that offers more.

I've been using Staged Leito for ages now just because HARDSHIP requires it.

You simply can't. most of the custom XMLs included with Hardship point at it. Also if you at all care about strapon animation support Leito (AFAIK) is still pretty much the only game in town.  It was used as a foundation for hardship cause it's well rounded and consistent in quality (and there are no weird random dog or baby sounds when you are fucking unlike SC... that's a bonus.) It's so necessary that I had to make Staged Leito plus (which was a shitload of work) to keep Leito alive after One patch imploded.

Gonna be honest after a year and a half of Skyrim modding I get PTSD flashbacks thinking about doing FO4 mods... lol.

Edited by Tentacus
47 minutes ago, rubber_duck said:

Hardship would fail to find the animations it needs and/or you wouldn't get erections in some of the animations it does use.

Edit: Oh, or AAF may simply stop loading at 68%. Anyway, the best way to find out is to try, but it's not a question of whether it will break, merely how it will break.

Edited by vaultbait
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Zo0Z said:

where can i get help troubleshooting this mod, I can get people to agree to have sex but after that no sex or anything they just walk away or dont even get up

The main thing you need is to make sure that AAF (and all it's requirements) are working on it's own, then CLOSELY follow the list of this mod's requirements. Most likely you installed the wrong version of Leito's pack or didn't install Staged Leito Plus.

1 hour ago, torping said:

Hello! Thanks for the great mod! How can I increase the chance of being robbed and raped, instead of water and meat? Thank you!

At this point it's been years since I've looked at the begging stuff. I don't think normal civilians will rape you for begging, but I think gunners will.

Edited by Tentacus
1 hour ago, torping said:

Hello! Thanks for the great mod! How can I increase the chance of being robbed and raped, instead of water and meat? Thank you!

When prostituting yourself, refusing oral or anal options raises your chances of rape. Also "menacing raiders" just straight up fuck you and take what they want, be glad when they let you live.

On 7/31/2023 at 7:01 AM, Tentacus said:

The main thing you need is to make sure that AAF (and all it's requirements) are working on it's own, then CLOSELY follow the list of this mod's requirements. Most likely you installed the wrong version of Leito's pack or didn't install Staged Leito Plus.

If I am using Staged leito, do I also need to have the original Leito pack installed? I haven't noticed any conflicts between them anyway, I was just wondering. Or is it like, a full re-do and replacement for the normal Leito Animations?

28 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

When prostituting yourself, refusing oral or anal options raises your chances of rape. Also "menacing raiders" just straight up fuck you and take what they want, be glad when they let you live.

The only reason I don't really use the robbery stuff anymore is I hate losing my customized weapons and stuff and having to go and build new ones.  And I tend not to use Menacing raiders simply because if I am sitting up on a hillside way outside of a raider camp, it is inevitable one or 2 of them will just run up to me and start menacing. Or if I go into like.. Outpost Olivia or whatever, at least 1 will pretty much run up to get me when no one is around. If I am in their midst or something, then yeah, menace me. If I just wanna watch raiders fuck from a distance, lemme alone! Lol.

2 hours ago, MOTHbotexe said:

If I am using Staged leito, do I also need to have the original Leito pack installed? I haven't noticed any conflicts between them anyway, I was just wondering. Or is it like, a full re-do and replacement for the normal Leito Animations?

Yes, you need Leito's animations installed, SLP is a patch for it.

2 hours ago, MOTHbotexe said:

The only reason I don't really use the robbery stuff anymore is I hate losing my customized weapons and stuff and having to go and build new ones.  And I tend not to use Menacing raiders simply because if I am sitting up on a hillside way outside of a raider camp, it is inevitable one or 2 of them will just run up to me and start menacing. Or if I go into like.. Outpost Olivia or whatever, at least 1 will pretty much run up to get me when no one is around. If I am in their midst or something, then yeah, menace me. If I just wanna watch raiders fuck from a distance, lemme alone! Lol.

You can kill/pickpocket them to get your stuff back. I also put some spare caps, eyeglasses and anything else important in an Immersive Animated Backpack (in my case a shoulder strap purse from Vtaw Wardrobe 7), since the raiders are too focused on their dicks to think to rifle through my bag. Also I give extras of things to my companions, if I'm traveling with any.

And of course the pacification means I can saunter into a group and distract them with some cleavage, then go into VATS and pop several of their heads with a sawed-off shotgun before they realize what's happened. It goes both ways, boys!

But yes, the fact that they'll sniff out your vag while you're sneaking around in a dark closet three rooms away does take some additional suspension of disbelief. I suppose if someone wanted to contribute a line-of-sight check for the ones in TSEX Hardship, that might be a welcome improvement.

13 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Yes, you need Leito's animations installed, SLP is a patch for it.

You can kill/pickpocket them to get your stuff back. I also put some spare caps, eyeglasses and anything else important in an Immersive Animated Backpack (in my case a shoulder strap purse from Vtaw Wardrobe 7), since the raiders are too focused on their dicks to think to rifle through my bag. Also I give extras of things to my companions, if I'm traveling with any.

And of course the pacification means I can saunter into a group and distract them with some cleavage, then go into VATS and pop several of their heads with a sawed-off shotgun before they realize what's happened. It goes both ways, boys!

But yes, the fact that they'll sniff out your vag while you're sneaking around in a dark closet three rooms away does take some additional suspension of disbelief. I suppose if someone wanted to contribute a line-of-sight check for the ones in TSEX Hardship, that might be a welcome improvement.

Though you must admit the jump scares from turning around and seeing a menacer are pretty great. ?

In all seriousness though, if you need to sneak you can always just exit Beggar Whore mode. it just means if you are caught that the particular raiders were bloodthirsty. :D 

Edited by Tentacus
14 hours ago, vaultbait said:

TSEX version should already have a check for that with RaiderAlias.GetDetected(PlayerRef) == 1 condition function slapped at the end of Raider Alias conditions. I've been able to sneak past raiders in a same room (either in shadows or with stealthboy). EDIT: It's easy to add that to this mod but PLEASE just use CK when editing these plugins or risk mangling the dialogue tree.

Edited by requiredname65
About adding this to the non-alpha version aka this mod...
On 8/8/2023 at 12:43 PM, requiredname65 said:

TSEX version should already have a check for that with RaiderAlias.GetDetected(PlayerRef) == 1 condition function slapped at the end of Raider Alias conditions. I've been able to sneak past raiders in a same room (either in shadows or with stealthboy). EDIT: It's easy to add that to this mod but PLEASE just use CK when editing

these plugins or risk mangling the dialogue tree.

Aha, yes now that you mention it I don't think I've seen them come for me out of nowhere with TSEX Hardship, so it was probably just OG Hardship which did that. Awesome!

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Pentup72 said:

Mine works but as soon as the fucking animations are about to play my game crashes

Do you get crashes when any other mods try to play animations through AAF? What specifically are you doing in Hardship that is leading to starting an animation? Is it only certain actions that lead to a crash or is it anything that would start an animation? Do you have Buffout 4 installed and, if so, did it write a crashlog to disk with details that might give some hints as to the cause of the crash?

Just wanted to say thanks for this gold nugget of a mod. ? I've been playing it for 5 days and it's very addictive. Makes Fallout 4 fun again!

I'm running the OG Hardship version k with its basic requirements and so far no big issues. The hardcore strip option duplicates my outfit (I use a custom outfit and cosmetic backpack) and turning it off didn't help, however this is minor and I can sell the duplicate for up to 168 caps which is really useful if I was robbed. In some cases the female raiders turn hostile even if I have them "turned off", this happened in a couple situations when I approached a patrol or camp with not enough male raiders available as a second offender. I roleplay it as them getting jealous and chasing me away. ?

The only bigger problem was with Goodneighbor pimps. I started with Mr. Raymond and then met BD and liked him more (he feels so familiar and safe ? and there's that New Vegas nostalgia cause I really miss playing it). He gave me 3000 caps to buy myself from Raymond but he never took the money! I had not worked for him long enough? But now every time when I go to Hotel Rexford they treat me as free meat. This had some quite hilarious results and Clair Hutchins is no more because she wouldn't stop following me and I had to...dispose of her. Obviously I no longer have 3000 caps since they were stolen... Getting paid just won't happen cause my character is badly addicted.

It's just so much fun. But it's sad too. The fear and loneliness and being at everyone's mercy. A good mod wakes strong emotions and makes you attached to the characters and I think this one is up there in top tier. ?