I feel obligated to report this, although I don't know how helpful it will be.

I have been running Leito patch 1.04 since you released it. Never had a problem.

Today I removed it and replaced it with Leito 1.05.

I swear it worked OK - once. I think...

Since then AAF never gets through initialization. The old infamous Stage 30.

I made no changes - other than Leito 1.05.

I needed to get past this (AAF scenes were hanging with no way out), so I removed your Leito 1.05 completely. Everything works again. AAF initializes,

And Sexual Harrasment and Hardship scenes work again.

If there is any kind of testing of log I can check, let me know. I realize this is a pretty worthless report as is.

excited to see TSEX develop, thanks for getting me up to speed.

I've had quite a lot of success using this mod and dropping the Indarello Patch. But now I've some questions.

I'm using BP70, Atomic Lust, and Savage Cabbage animations. I installed them following the instructions per the main Hardship page. But I rarely see those animations. Granted, I have furniture set to True in the settings for Hardship in game, so that could be the reason, but SC's animations are heavy on the furniture additions. I'm pretty sure Atomic Lust has some too.

I recall you saying you're working on updated xmls for Hardship to call on BP70, then progress/work on SC's animations will follow. I'm under the impression this means that you're implementing them so to say "as we speak" (I don't intend to rush, I'm just curious if that's actually the case and why the implementation doesn't seem to add up to my understanding).

Is this why I'm not seeing additional anims aside from Leito when I use Hardship?

As I understand it, you are going to create your own self contained environment of Hardship and a select number of converted animations, that will work together in a vacuum, outside of whatever other mods might offer in animations, missions, etc.? Between Savage Cabbage and PBP70, instead of 100 XMLs, you might offer 25 converted? I like the idea as I often felt, we had too many pose choices. Regardless, hopefully you will find a way to add orgies to your mix. Thanks..

9 hours ago, fred200 said:

I have been running Leito patch 1.04 since you released it. Never had a problem.

I needed to get past this (AAF scenes were hanging with no way out), so I removed your Leito 1.05 completely. Everything works again. AAF initializes,

If there is any kind of testing of log I can check, let me know. I realize this is a pretty worthless report as is.

Try redownloading. Literally the only diff between 1.04 and 1.05 is fixing a tag typo in 4 gay position datas.

Edit: I checked the XMLs with the Schema and they checked out as valid, then I reinstalled several times from my local zip file and I had no 30% bug. The only thing I can do now is download the file from LL and see if that particular archive is corrupted somehow.

Other things to check. Make sure you didn't somehow install 2 copies of SLP in MO2, or have UAP or some other Leito set installed. (Read the install instructions they changed since 1.0.3)

Edit: I am unable to recreate this bug even after downloading the file from LL and reinstalling every option. If you didn't do either of the above things, Try Redownloading and reinstalling... MAKE SURE you either Uninstall SLP before you re-install or use the "replace" option in MO2. If that doesn't work tell me E-X-A-C-T-L-Ywhat options you have installed. As well as if you've installed any other XML based mods since it last worked.

8 hours ago, DremoraDream said:

excited to see TSEX develop, thanks for getting me up to speed.

I've had quite a lot of success using this mod and dropping the Indarello Patch. But now I've some questions.

I'm using BP70, Atomic Lust, and Savage Cabbage animations. I installed them following the instructions per the main Hardship page. But I rarely see those animations. Granted, I have furniture set to True in the settings for Hardship in game, so that could be the reason, but SC's animations are heavy on the furniture additions. I'm pretty sure Atomic Lust has some too.

I recall you saying you're working on updated xmls for Hardship to call on BP70, then progress/work on SC's animations will follow. I'm under the impression this means that you're implementing them so to say "as we speak" (I don't intend to rush, I'm just curious if that's actually the case and why the implementation doesn't seem to add up to my understanding).

Is this why I'm not seeing additional anims aside from Leito when I use Hardship?

No I dunno why you have a shortage of SC anims. It's pretty much all I get for furniture. I'll look at the tags though to make sure. Now if it's rape there's your answer because there are only like 3 aggressively tagged SC anims and hardly any for BP70

2 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

As I understand it, you are going to create your own self contained environment of Hardship and a select number of converted animations, that will work together in a vacuum, outside of whatever other mods might offer in animations, missions, etc.? Between Savage Cabbage and PBP70, instead of 100 XMLs, you might offer 25 converted? I like the idea as I often felt, we had too many pose choices. Regardless, hopefully you will find a way to add orgies to your mix. Thanks..

It's necessary for survival since Ulfbearth and Savage Cabbage are gonna implement a technique that will break Hardship's timing completely. Knowing BP70 it's only a matter of time there too, so Unfortunately I have to... But it does give me more control and it's not like I hadn't already considered it.

53 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

It's necessary for survival since Ulfbearth and Savage Cabbage are gonna implement a technique that will break Hardship's timing completely. Knowing BP70 it's only a matter of time there too, so Unfortunately I have to... But it does give me more control and it's not like I hadn't already considered it.

Spoke to BP.......He has decided to take some time off. Actually been gone a couple months now. Not sure if you need worry about him following the crowd.  Like you, he tends to walk his own path..

12 hours ago, fred200 said:

Don't know if this will help but I had the same issue with updating from 1.03 to 1.05. Removing both the Indarello patch and the Silverperv erection fix solved the problem if you happen to have those installed.

4 hours ago, Tentacus said:

Try redownloading. Literally the only diff between 1.04 and 1.05 is fixing a tag typo in 4 gay position datas.

Edit: I checked the XMLs with the Schema and they checked out as valid, then I reinstalled several times from my local zip file and I had no 30% bug. The only thing I can do now is download the file from LL and see if that particular archive is corrupted somehow.

Other things to check. Make sure you didn't somehow install 2 copies of SLP in MO2, or have UAP or some other Leito set installed. (Read the install instructions they changed since 1.0.3)

Edit: I am unable to recreate this bug even after downloading the file from LL and reinstalling every option. If you didn't do either of the above things, Try Redownloading and reinstalling... MAKE SURE you either Uninstall SLP before you re-install or use the "replace" option in MO2. If that doesn't work tell me E-X-A-C-T-L-Ywhat options you have installed. As well as if you've installed any other XML based mods since it last worked.

Spent the sleeping hours thinking about this. I know what you changed, and it should not cause this problem. I don't believe in corrupted archives; that just does not happen. They would never unzip. So - that leaves something I did. What did I do? I changed install options; no guarantee I did not change them from the successful install.

Test: Install Leito 1.0.5 with no options selected. Success! AAF initialized successfully!

Conclusion: I picked some option that required an animation I don't have.

Next: I will start re-installing, picking options until I find the failure. I will report back, since maybe the install instructions could use a bigger warning.

1 hour ago, gooser said:

Hi,

Are the Forged and Trapper factions covered by Hardship at all?

Thanks

Pretty sure Forged are counted as Raiders.

Are Trappers from Far Harbor? If so no. I've still never gotten around to playing that. That reminds me though. I'm probably gonna add any new raider factions added by Fallout Miami when that comes out as I definitely intend to play that. Obviously this would be an optional patch.

6 hours ago, Tentacus said:

Been really interested in this. I hope you don't mind the comparison, but what you're doing reminds me of the functionality of Flashy's RSE Resources, the hub for a bunch of RSE/AAF/Animated mods to work from.

But if I understand Ulfbearth (whose work I'm also very interested in) and Cabbge, (whose animations are really clean), are changing the tune of AAF functionality, how is it going to break Hardship? And is the goal to continue to have Hardship function within those changes, or to have those changes manipulated to function within the Hardship/TSEX hub?

I wish I was a better creative modding content creator sometimes, I'm fascinated by how you all manage to work like this and put these changes into play. This stuff is very interesting

2 hours ago, fred200 said:

Spent the sleeping hours thinking about this. I know what you changed, and it should not cause this problem. I don't believe in corrupted archives; that just does not happen. They would never unzip. So - that leaves something I did. What did I do? I changed install options; no guarantee I did not change them from the successful install.

Test: Install Leito 1.0.5 with no options selected. Success! AAF initialized successfully!

Conclusion: I picked some option that required an animation I don't have.

Next: I will start re-installing, picking options until I find the failure. I will report back, since maybe the install instructions could use a bigger warning.

Just to be clear - I don't like magic. I especially don't like Deus ex Machina.

I can not reproduce my problem. None of the options trigger it.

I REALLY hate to say this - re-installing seems to have fixed it. Same download - same everything. Chalk it up to Magic.

I will go away now...

11 minutes ago, DremoraDream said:

Been really interested in this. I hope you don't mind the comparison, but what you're doing reminds me of the functionality of Flashy's RSE Resources, the hub for a bunch of RSE/AAF/Animated mods to work from.

But if I understand Ulfbearth (whose work I'm also very interested in) and Cabbge, (whose animations are really clean), are changing the tune of AAF functionality, how is it going to break Hardship? And is the goal to continue to have Hardship function within those changes, or to have those changes manipulated to function within the Hardship/TSEX hub?

I wish I was a better creative modding content creator sometimes, I'm fascinated by how you all manage to work like this and put these changes into play. This stuff is very interesting

Using a form of transitions based on the animation tree system. If I understand correctly unlike regular transition datas this will require that the ending (orgasm) stage plays before the animation can be changed. This prevents the kind of mid scene changes I do. and would super duper break the rape escapes. So you'd get stuff like asking to be on top but then stay in the position you were in while still getting the on top messages. It's just a lot of unnecessary hoopla to accomplish what can already be done cleaner with transition datas which only play the ending transition at the end of the scene. But apparently the tech is neat. cause it can be tied into stats and shit. ? 

Anyway even the future of Themes is tenuous at the moment so I'd rather not be beholden to the whims of patch creators. anymore. Also for whatever reason erections are extremely unreliable on BP70's XMLs for me, My XMLs don't have this problem because I use the trick Ulfbearth showed me to update the erections, so there's other little things like that.

18 hours ago, Tentacus said:

Using a form of transitions based on the animation tree system. If I understand correctly unlike regular transition datas this will require that the ending (orgasm) stage plays before the animation can be changed. This prevents the kind of mid scene changes I do. and would super duper break the rape escapes. So you'd get stuff like asking to be on top but then stay in the position you were in while still getting the on top messages. It's just a lot of unnecessary hoopla to accomplish what can already be done cleaner with transition datas which only play the ending transition at the end of the scene. But apparently the tech is neat. cause it can be tied into stats and shit. ? 

Anyway even the future of Themes is tenuous at the moment so I'd rather not be beholden to the whims of patch creators. anymore. Also for whatever reason erections are extremely unreliable on BP70's XMLs for me, My XMLs don't have this problem because I use the trick Ulfbearth showed me to update the erections, so there's other little things like that.

I understand the difference now, thanks for clearing it up.

As a user though, when/if TSEX launches in the future and Hardship is updated to follow that, does that mean (if I follow the 'roadmap') that you'll be taking future animation packs updates and tweaking them to fall in line with how TSEX/Hardship functions, rather than updating this already well functioning setup for the new animation trees?

Meaning that users could potentially have 2 different packages depending on preferred mods? - the AAF Tree System OR the TSEX/Hardship system?

7 minutes ago, DremoraDream said:

I understand the difference now, thanks for clearing it up.

As a user though, when/if TSEX launches in the future and Hardship is updated to follow that, does that mean (if I follow the 'roadmap') that you'll be taking future animation packs updates and tweaking them to fall in line with how TSEX/Hardship functions, rather than updating this already well functioning setup for the new animation trees?

Meaning that users could potentially have 2 different packages depending on preferred mods? - the AAF Tree System OR the TSEX/Hardship system?

Okay so here is how it will be. the animations besides Leito that will show up in Hardship will be currated. If I don't think an animation is quality, lacks sound, fits usage in Hardship etc... I'm not gonna bother adding it. I've already been currating things this way with tags. For TSEX there will be more animations that don't fit the hardship mold but will fit with other mods I will make added to the curration... Or things I might add to Hardship at some point like the footjob. 

The way these XMLs are set up they won't interfere with the authors XMLs You will still be able to have UAP or Vanilla BP70 and Savage Cabbage etc... Using the new system WITH other mods which as far as I can see it won't break. That said I doubt the end user will notice much of a difference at all which is why I find the whole situation frustrating ?  

The exception is Leito. Only Staged Leito Plus will be supported for Leito so if you install UAP you'll have to exclude those XMLs.

33 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

The exception is Leito. Only Staged Leito Plus will be supported for Leito so if you install UAP you'll have to exclude those XMLs.

Okay this definitely answers the question I wasn't even sure how to ask lol. You've covered all the questions I had and I think I was going to ask next. I'm excited to see how this all turns out.  You rock, Tentacus ?

Update:

It's been kind of a shitty week and I haven't gotten much work done on the XMLs, between debugging other mods and general lack of motivation. I did however make myself a pretty kick ass Test cell. I just need to finish populating it with scripted slaves for testing,

20201001212826_1.jpg.01b24d67fd37d487d26fc80f6caaf3a1.jpg   20201001212844_1.jpg.cbfef0b554ac4f5ef2e06adafb7435c3.jpg

20201001213009_1.jpg.e339d6318f10370a9dea70706407d6ed.jpg   20201001213049_1.jpg.43f33979c6b3850df0155cec407afce7.jpg

This is my first attempt at doing a whole Cell in the CK. I'm fairly happy with it and learned a lot. I scripted the doors so the player automatically unlocks them, and after 10 seconds it gives a warning alarm and they automatically shut and relock. In theory this should keep the NPCs where I want them. I'd love to do more stuff like this in an actual mod... assuming I ever get to stop working on Hardship... lol.

If anyone's curious... Yes I did semi-retexture that X-cross... I just couldn't stand to look at it up close. I think I'm gonna have to make my own Bondage furniture too.

Update:

Still unproductive and definitely going to Hell.

20201002141702_1.jpg.95c62daf4d98b0143222a7f30178518d.jpg   20201002141734_1.jpg.45f7210f9f4c17430ac2010954701187.jpg

However I did talk to Vader and he's going to allow me to include some of the furniture from Torture Devices directly in TSEX. So that should lead to some very interesting quest stuff eventually. I also intend to spruce up the textures of the TD devices I include.

You can use violate with it though the best way to do it IMO is use Hardship's menacing raider interactrions... Then if you decide to fight (top 2 options) Or if they just decide to kill you You can then use violate to surrender if the fight goes bad. If you prefer the way violate does it altogether you can just turn off Menacing Raiders in the Hardship menu.

Test cell looks super cool, hope it provides everything you need to stress test

As an aside, I found a new question to ask. Mod is working perfectly. Leito anims lookin good and functioning. Stages up and running, and other animations (SC) working with furniture except...

Obviously I'm using the Staged Leito Fix as it's required. But now my other animations are giving me some shit with the "no erection" bug.

So I'm missing something simple here: Can I use any of the erection patches alongside the leito stage fix?

8 hours ago, DremoraDream said:

Test cell looks super cool, hope it provides everything you need to stress test

As an aside, I found a new question to ask. Mod is working perfectly. Leito anims lookin good and functioning. Stages up and running, and other animations (SC) working with furniture except...

Obviously I'm using the Staged Leito Fix as it's required. But now my other animations are giving me some shit with the "no erection" bug.

So I'm missing something simple here: Can I use any of the erection patches alongside the leito stage fix?

Shouldn't be. My Morphsetdata is the same as Ulfbearth's which I consider the gold standard... IE: Most inclusive. Unless you are doing something boneheaded like running Indarello.

I will say though BP70's vanilla XMLs almost never fire the erection right for me. The XMLs I will add will fix that, Might be that SC does it too but I don't test those often. It might be a recent change to AAF... I dunno... But the Ulfbearth trick of updating the erection on each stage works which is what I use in SLP... so fear not in terms of Hardship... soon that won't be an issue... but I dunno maybe people should start reporting "ready" not working to dagobaking. I thought it was just me. Just keep my name out of it :p.