Anthro Shark Race (Female Pictures Included :D) [REQ]

VinnyNotris

The hard part is making it sexy to some, and neutral to most. Rather than sexy to a select few, and gross/freaky to most. The more customizable-friendly the race is, the more support it will get. Glad to see it's not abandoned, so much as it's lost.

That's what I have in mind. I think the third option that thesholintiger posted a page ago was closest to what I was picturing.

I also want it to be at least somewhat immersive and believable in the Skyrim world.

This is what I was saying about the difference in models. These are my old models but a decent example of the difference between the legs and feet. This would be the biggest decision of the model, don't focus on anything else on the model. Antro or human, the antro model can be used for transformations and human model used normally. Direction my friends without it ..... we are lost. I just want to get it made we can soup it up with bells and whistles later. Lets just get a base model and texture done first. 

You could have the second option as a default, and add the first one in as optional racial boots that just automatically add themselves to your inventory when you select said race. They could even be added in as a racial spell with some sort of power attached to it.. Like faster movement in waters, for a rough example. But I do agree about getting it to be at the very least a basic, playable race. (As in the head, and textures looking good and proper in game).  If you're willing to do so, send me a PM with your steam name so I can add you there and discuss how we can continue the project

Guest DeleteMePlease

I'm uncertain if this is what you are looking for as I don't know if the head shape is important to any you. I'm not yet planning on creating a new head for that purpose but will use a default one instead for now.

So I just leave this here ImmersiveBodies.tumblr.com (see the post made today at the bottom of the page). Depending on the progress this may be available this weekend for open beta testing.

Sincerely

EB

This is what I was saying about the difference in models. These are my old models but a decent example of the difference between the legs and feet. This would be the biggest decision of the model, don't focus on anything else on the model. Antro or human, the antro model can be used for transformations and human model used normally. Direction my friends without it ..... we are lost. I just want to get it made we can soup it up with bells and whistles later. Lets just get a base model and texture done first. 

For ease of access, human shaped legs may be best, so custom armors can still be used. The digitigrade legs could be part of the mod as equippable "boots" though. 

Edit: @Eternalblack. Ok, I, for one, find that form of the shark rather delicious and wonderful looking. Perhaps have a few choices of heads, so those of varying tastes can have what they want, and it would be perfect.

For ease of access, human shaped legs may be best, so custom armors can still be used. The digitigrade legs could be part of the mod as equippable "boots" though. 

Edit: @Eternalblack. Ok, I, for one, find that form of the shark rather delicious and wonderful looking. Perhaps have a few choices of heads, so those of varying tastes can have what they want, and it would be perfect.

Wat about optional beast-like feet for those people who use http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50637/?

Guest DeleteMePlease

It's done (at least the way I would like it). The Beta is available at ImmersiveBodies.tumblr.com for download.

Here are some screenshots taken from ingame:

post-126346-0-18215600-1393190457_thumb.jpgpost-126346-0-08980800-1393190504_thumb.jpgpost-126346-0-00418100-1393190549_thumb.jpgpost-126346-0-36551400-1393190589_thumb.jpgpost-126346-0-33487800-1393190616_thumb.jpgpost-126346-0-24060600-1393190643_thumb.jpgpost-126346-0-40490000-1393190664_thumb.jpgpost-126346-0-95612100-1393190700_thumb.jpgpost-126346-0-23824600-1393190748_thumb.jpgpost-126346-0-69336300-1393190766_thumb.jpg

The tail currently does clip through the ground because it is way longer than the original tails (I may update/fix this later by bending the mesh upwards on default so it will be over the ground, otherwise this would require a new animationset). Also the body does yet not match perfectly the fin color. (Screen shots where made with a 100% black body-color as I personally like the appearance and it "hides" it a bit). The eyes are pitch-black (intended) and the body's reflectivity is still a bit off as I actually would like to go with a wet-kind-of look.

For further information either contact me or write over here [W.I.P.] Immersive Bodies,(I'm sorry but I can't watch all places simultaneously as it gets confusing to keep track of what I wrote where). I will still keep an eye on this thread from time to time though.

Sincerely

EB

I think the anthro-shark race needs to have gill slits.

either on the neck, or behind the ears (like in Water World).

Feet probably should be webbed without claws (the nails should look like spines like what fishes have (ie. Lion Fish)).

Top fin on the back spine near the top.

That's what I think.

You don't have to do my version...

It's done (at least the way I would like it). The Beta is available at ImmersiveBodies.tumblr.com for download.

The tail currently does clip through the ground because it is way longer than the original tails (I may update/fix this later by bending the mesh upwards on default so it will be over the ground, otherwise this would require a new animationset). Also the body does yet not match perfectly the fin color. (Screen shots where made with a 100% black body-color as I personally like the appearance and it "hides" it a bit). The eyes are pitch-black (intended) and the body's reflectivity is still a bit off as I actually would like to go with a wet-kind-of look.

For further information either contact me or write over here [W.I.P.] Immersive Bodies,(I'm sorry but I can't watch all places simultaneously as it gets confusing to keep track of what I wrote where). I will still keep an eye on this thread from time to time though.

Sincerely

EB

That body looks awesome. Now just need a head to go with it.

Sincerely

EB

What's the password?

Sincerely

EB

Any chance those feet in the screensots can be an extra download? I would love my Argonians to have those feet.

Guest DeleteMePlease

That body looks awesome. Now just need a head to go with it.

I may try to use the argonian head as a base and reshape it, that way I wont need to create new trishapes. Headfins, hair or gills then could be added as "hair" for further customization. I'm uncertain on whether the RaceMenu plugin adds decals only via diffuse or if it also includes normal and specular information. That given it would be possible to add gills on the body via textures as well.

Please do also a white textures xd, because theres white shark also.

Simply use something like "Racemenu" from the Nexus to change the bodycolor to your liking. The texture is grey, so you could even color it properly if you like. By simply selecting white as bodycolor it should already be quite bright. If you are talking about having a different color pattern, well, I would need either reference images or more detailed information about what it should look like texturewise.

it has been awhile since i've seen a good race, and yours is amazing. Im glad it's not just a nord with fins. Question though, is there any  chance that you could do the wereshark idea i posted, or is that not possible right now?

It is possible but would require quite much work/time. As this mod actually is not at the top of my priority list I for now not intent on building a were-shark

Any chance those feet in the screensots can be an extra download? I would love my Argonians to have those feet.

Please head over to the Immersive Bodies thread, it currently contains similar argonian feets and I'm busy working on the update with quite some improvements. The current feets are unique for this race and can't be simply used on others due to "messed up" geometry (not really visible but I was way to lazy) and not tweaked UV-layouts to match any other texture.

Sincerely

EB

• 1 month later...

be sneaky and  steal a shark boddy mesh   from second life and  duck tape the  required  shark anthro  parts to it  easy way to get  both male and female  parts and   male shark junk  with or with out the dual dong parts

https://slm-assets2.secondlife.com/assets/6111091/lightbox/p1.jpg?1345394152

or

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/027/f/9/laylah__aways_time_for_a_swim__second_life_by_jace_lethecus-d741ys4.png

not  condoning theft or anything  but   if you want   anthroed  creatures  

I think the anthro-shark race needs to have gill slits.

either on the neck, or behind the ears (like in Water World).

Feet probably should be webbed without claws (the nails should look like spines like what fishes have (ie. Lion Fish)).

Top fin on the back spine near the top.

That's what I think.

You don't have to do my version...

you.... YOU DARE MENTION THAT BEAST IN THIS PLACE!?!?

ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY SPEAK OF WATER FAILD.

• 2 weeks later...

Sincerely

EB

What's the password?

Spiffy. Looking at your work, and it's impressive.

I like (and have worked on) quite a few hybrids over the years (see my history), so I might be tempted to play around with the models/textures some on this one, and/or do a human (UNPB)/shark hybrid thing. Depends if I still have time to mod skyrim these days (other projects competing for my attention: Simcity, The Sims, Mount&Blade, Starbound, Minecraft ... oh and that thing called "real life").

Sincerely

EB

As far as reflectivity, I might start by turning down the speculars down a bit (bit extreme on a sunny day w/ ENB) and getting the "wet" look by some clever use of the Noise filter + nDO. Will have to play around with it (right now busy trying to fix neck seams caused by merging UNP with your body). Looks awesome with ENB reflections turned on, though (performance killer, but it's worth it).

post-22710-0-72700400-1397968947_thumb.jpg

Just playing with the speculars. Plus a light pass on the normals (5.6.5 does wonders for texture quality, relative to DXT, for MSNs).

Sincerely

EB

As far as reflectivity, I might start by turning down the speculars down a bit (bit extreme on a sunny day w/ ENB) and getting the "wet" look by some clever use of the Noise filter + nDO. Will have to play around with it (right now busy trying to fix neck seams caused by merging UNP with your body). Looks awesome with ENB reflections turned on, though (performance killer, but it's worth it).

attachicon.gifenb-2014_04_19-23_40_40_05.jpg

Just playing with the speculars. Plus a light pass on the normals (5.6.5 does wonders for texture quality, relative to DXT, for MSNs).

love the wet look of the skin.

Sincerely

EB

I hope that you know that redistribution of any kind is prohibited.

If you aren't able to come up with something on your own (model and texturewise) you should really leave that.

Besides the wet-look is already integrated and I can't really see a differences between the one that is already in and yours other than yours appears to either have artifacts or is trying to accomplish a "sweaty-look" instead of a wet one.

EDIT: You may still ask if s/he wants to integrate yours as an option, but I somewhat doubt that.

Sincerely

EB

I hope that you know that redistribution of any kind is prohibited.

If you aren't able to come up with something on your own (model and texturewise) you should really leave that.

Besides the wet-look is already integrated and I can't really see a differences between the one that is already in and yours other than yours appears to either have artifacts or is trying to accomplish a "sweaty-look" instead of a wet one.

EDIT: You may still ask if s/he wants to integrate yours as an option, but I somewhat doubt that.

Eh, never planned on redistributing it. No need for personal attacks, either.

/off

Archived