Anthro Shark Race (Female Pictures Included :D) [REQ]

VinnyNotris

Should probably keep the feet the vanilla size, so shoes won't seem awkward. MAYBE webbed feet, depending how you feel about that.

Oh btw have you seen any good race mods? (Unique and not the generic elf or human)

Also what mods are you looking forward to here?

It's fairly obvious this mod is gonna be a hit here but I do wonder one thing... with they bite?

the  vampire  versions  will be ...  interesting... bite head off  rather than neck lol..

I know i havent  seen any  race mods  other then the  offshoots of the  nords temptress/lunari etc..  except  maybe the  dovah one ( the one  thats like  an argonian but with wings)

the  vampire  versions  will be ...  interesting... bite head off  rather than neck lol..

I know i havent  seen any  race mods  other then the  offshoots of the  nords temptress/lunari etc..  except  maybe the  dovah one ( the one  thats like  an argonian but with wings)

I think you mean the Drakkian race by Coolster. And that's just a race that's been instructed through the CK to use the beast skeleton, horns via armor-addition, and Argonian tail and textures. It's about 10% custom content, honestly. The most customized race that currently exists is probably the Valsaark, which use Khajiit textures, but has completely custom head and tail meshes. The Cellan race (also here on LL) is basically 98% custom meshes/textures (if the poor author ever manages to finish it) but it's not available for use, and would otherwise be the most genuinely custom race in existence thus far.

Truly custom races are a fantastic concept but an utterly brutal reality. It's not just a matter of making body part meshes that are distinct from the existing races - which is a lengthy process in and of itself. You then run into the wall presented by all those sliders in the character creation menu in-game - with the most modder-friendly option being having them simply not do anything, but then you get griped at for not doing so. Not forgetting that all the while, all body components need textures, normal maps, and specular maps.

Then, you have to ensure the custom made body parts actually hold together using the standard human or beast skeletons (be it the vanilla one, the BBP one, perfect skeletons, etc). It's very easy for a custom made mesh mounted on a pre-existing skeleton, during animation, to simply "explode" (deform, change shape, turn into a giant mass of pixels, big pointy pixel junk stretching out to infinity- a frequent flaw in custom models in Oblivion).

I would love nothing more than to see more truly custom, distinct races appear for Skyrim. Unfortunately, I know all too well why it doesn't happen, and have nothing but respect for people who keep at it irregardless.

I think you mean the Drakkian race by Coolster. And that's just a race that's been instructed through the CK to use the beast skeleton, horns via armor-addition, and Argonian tail and textures. It's about 10% custom content, honestly. The most customized race that currently exists is probably the Valsaark, which use Khajiit textures, but has completely custom head and tail meshes. The Cellan race (also here on LL) is basically 98% custom meshes/textures (if the poor author ever manages to finish it) but it's not available for use, and would otherwise be the most genuinely custom race in existence thus far.

Truly custom races are a fantastic concept but an utterly brutal reality. It's not just a matter of making body part meshes that are distinct from the existing races - which is a lengthy process in and of itself. You then run into the wall presented by all those sliders in the character creation menu in-game - with the most modder-friendly option being having them simply not do anything, but then you get griped at for not doing so. Not forgetting that all the while, all body components need textures, normal maps, and specular maps.

Then, you have to ensure the custom made body parts actually hold together using the standard human or beast skeletons (be it the vanilla one, the BBP one, perfect skeletons, etc). It's very easy for a custom made mesh mounted on a pre-existing skeleton, during animation, to simply "explode" (deform, change shape, turn into a giant mass of pixels, big pointy pixel junk stretching out to infinity- a frequent flaw in custom models in Oblivion).

I would love nothing more than to see more truly custom, distinct races appear for Skyrim. Unfortunately, I know all too well why it doesn't happen, and have nothing but respect for people who keep at it irregardless.

HEY you seem to know alot about what I am actually trying to do. I want to get it fully functioning. I would really appreciate any pointers or advice that you can give me.The  Valsaark race is actually what made me realize how deep I wanted to go with this. 

I am a noob but with some modeling skill and nothing more. But it seem no one really has tried to do a complete custom race and I am in over my head to say the least. This is the path I have chosen and will try to complete. Also if any one know how to make a custom skeleton or knows a tutorial on how to do it could  you provide a link.

Soooo yeah this is where I am right now it is not much and needs work but just wanted to show what has been done so far.

I put a poop shoot on the tail, no one has made one so I did lol. I just want a real custom race from skeleton to teeth I have the teeth done but no skeleton. If anyone has any noob friendly tutorial's on anything on skyrim send them to me via message.

All imput is welcomed. =3

post-99138-0-73039800-1364404128_thumb.png

post-99138-0-55116700-1364404148_thumb.png

post-99138-0-66960800-1364404176_thumb.png

post-99138-0-19362800-1364404262_thumb.png

post-99138-0-68232900-1364404310_thumb.png

Soooo yeah this is where I am right now it is not much and needs work but just wanted to show what has been done so far.

I put a poop shoot on the tail, no one has made one so I did lol. I just want a real custom race from skeleton to teeth I have the teeth done but no skeleton. If anyone has any noob friendly tutorial's on anything on skyrim send them to me via message.

in my opinion the fin on the head and the tail are completely unneeded or remove the fine on the back so the hair flows around the fin on the head. the tail should be smoothed out so it seems to drag or wag close to the ground. Kinda feel the gills should be placed on the neck so they have a better placement for air absorption to the body. logically if the gills are there armor would constrict them and the race would suffiocate. also webbed fingers and toes would be a good idea for swimming I would say make her swim like i shark but that's awhole new animation set which would be a ton of work.

I kinda like how cute this shark looks :3

tumblr_mbnirntVcL1qftpeyo1_500.png

If your pictures there are a direct representation of what the race will look like (minus textures) in game, then the maximum compatibility skeleton should work for it just fine.

It can be found here

To preserve the head structure (largely to prevent it collapsing/exploding), you will likely want to make it so that most of the sliders in the race menu do nothing. However, you should still be able to make alternate mouth and eye shape morphs safely enough. I would also strongly recommend not allowing hairstyles, unless you make (or modify) them yourself, or they won't fit on the head right (clip partway through it and so on).

The creationkit wiki has a pretty large assortment of tutorials and guides. I haven't looked through them all myself, but I would be surprised if there isn't something in there about skeletal rigging and animation.

in my opinion the fin on the head and the tail are completely unneeded or remove the fine on the back so the hair flows around the fin on the head. the tail should be smoothed out so it seems to drag or wag close to the ground. Kinda feel the gills should be placed on the neck so they have a better placement for air absorption to the body. logically if the gills are there armor would constrict them and the race would suffiocate. also webbed fingers and toes would be a good idea for swimming I would say make her swim like i shark but that's awhole new animation set which would be a ton of work.

I kinda like how cute this shark looks :3

tumblr_mbnirntVcL1qftpeyo1_500.png

"Logically" speaking an anthro-shark race would die within seconds of stepping out of water. Sharks require moving water passing through their gills to survive (be it from movement or a current). Thankfully, fantasy doesn't require adhering to logical constraints.

The fin configuration on the head can easily be changeable as the race's version of hairstyles, it doesn't have to be a permanent alteration to the basic construction of the head. I would also feign to say the tail structure as it currently stands is pretty good. Whether that fin is "unnecessary" or not is a matter of taste, it's completely subjective.

Man  I am super excited for this mod, I wish more modelers would get into this to speed it up! (Now if only I actually knew how to and had the willpower to learn I would try and help but thats probably wouldn't happen.) Also with this mod I would be kinda weird with all the armors because hey when there's no armor there's fins but when you put it on there's no fins, I think someone should try and make a armor re-placer for this mod which would be awesome so there are places for the fins/ tail to stick out. (Just an Idea.)

Man  I am super excited for this mod, I wish more modelers would get into this to speed it up! (Now if only I actually knew how to and had the willpower to learn I would try and help but thats probably wouldn't happen.) Also with this mod I would be kinda weird with all the armors because hey when there's no armor there's fins but when you put it on there's no fins, I think someone should try and make a armor re-placer for this mod which would be awesome so there are places for the fins/ tail to stick out. (Just an Idea.)

Or they can make it so the fins just aren't obstructed so they don't disappear. 

This is deffinitly true but it might look a bit weird just like all the khajiits and there armor.

This is deffinitly true but it might look a bit weird just like all the khajiits and there armor.

True

So...I don't see any other comments related to this..but, does that model have, for lack of better words, vagina-fins? flanking the slit to each side? Please explain this scary thing to me XD

Yes they are vagina fins on both sides.

I put them there because I like anthro style and well its sharks anatomy lol. Its really suppose to be on the end of the tail, and it is kinky lol

Yes the male version will have it but at the end of the tail.

This is the beta like I said before the hands and feet are not done yet, I am still looking for feedback on that.

Gills on the neck is how it was supposed to be but I wanted to see how the rib cage look would be lol.

Archived