Anthro Shark Race (Female Pictures Included :D) [REQ]

VinnyNotris

It's nice that someone is trying but,

Just wondering out of curiosity, are the feet going to stay the way they are in the images above? Because to me they look a little weird to have such huge clawed feet for a shark. They just seem a bit out of place is all I'm saying.

That's one thing that I mentioned before the legs and feet (mainly legs) would cause more problems the way they are (I'm not a modder but I can say that if the legs stay like that it can crash the game and also if it works then you'd either have to make nearly every armor in existence to be compatible or it'd be odd going from bended legs to normal legs, unsure how the feet will act though but it'd probably look odd also going from claws to normal) and lastly the tail could look better I mean as one has said it really does look like a shark is swimming into her ass... and lastly a lot of people are hoping for a race like in the picture...

HDT Highheels handles digitgrade foot meshes properly, and the animation mostly works also. I know, because I've tried and modded stuff with that.

If you cut off the mesh at the point where the foot begins, all armors should work fine w/ that. Then make the feet "equippable", or write some scripts to do that. Not hard.

... and lastly a lot of people are hoping for a race like in the picture...

Yes, people need Anthro sharks, not ugly-legged/headed sharks. Please don't take offense anyone, but IMO the first image was given as a reference exactly for that.

Honestly how much of a mesh change do we need? Can't we just have fins and rigged to the skeleton so it can work with pretty much any body?

If someone can make a working head mesh, that shows up in game properly I will try making some CBBE based shark textures. 

Perhaps, for now, we could simplify things, then work from there. the major problem seems to be the head mesh. Why not make a simple version by giving it the argonian meshes, smooth it instead of making it scaley, then add the arm fins, back fin, and tail. from there, you could make progressivly stronger versions of the mod as techniques are learned and worked on. as it is, this was very much a "sink or swim" thing...going all out from the start.

Perhaps, for now, we could simplify things, then work from there. the major problem seems to be the head mesh. Why not make a simple version by giving it the argonian meshes, smooth it instead of making it scaley, then add the arm fins, back fin, and tail. from there, you could make progressivly stronger versions of the mod as techniques are learned and worked on. as it is, this was very much a "sink or swim" thing...going all out from the start.

I have no idea how to do all of that facegen stuff myself 

• 1 month later...

I'm not really into furries, but I have to admit that's a pretty sexy shark lady.

I don't think its really all about furries, I myself am not one but id still like to see an aquatic playable race besides Argonians and Shark people are a good option... also for my main character, all his real goal is to find and fight any powerful group of people and Sharks being considered to be at the top of the food chain for oceans would make a good challenge

Edit: also id like to see more unique races besides the constantly done "human" races

I'm not really into furries, but I have to admit that's a pretty sexy shark lady.

I don't think its really all about furries, I myself am not one but id still like to see an aquatic playable race besides Argonians and Shark people are a good option... also for my main character, all his real goal is to find and fight any powerful group of people and Sharks being considered to be at the top of the food chain for oceans would make a good challenge

Edit: also id like to see more unique races besides the constantly done "human" races

Let's not forget the ten thousand elf types. A faintly off-color skin-tone and it's a whole mod by itself. The only race I really find fun to play as right now are the Drakians. The few other ones I have interest in aren't CBBE or body-slide compatible, so they look mutated in my game. It's a shame Capucine hasn't made his Aquamer race that he did for oblivion for this game. Though, back to topic. what's the current state of this mod? Where is the "block" currently at?

Let's not forget the ten thousand elf types. A faintly off-color skin-tone and it's a whole mod by itself. The only race I really find fun to play as right now are the Drakians. The few other ones I have interest in aren't CBBE or body-slide compatible, so they look mutated in my game. It's a shame Capucine hasn't made his Aquamer race that he did for oblivion for this game. Though, back to topic. what's the current state of this mod? Where is the "block" currently at?

he doesn't have someone who is making a model similar to that of the image anymore, In truth rather than how the one person made the model it would be good to start with a more basic model such as a Shark like head (like in the picture), The Dorsal fin, and the Tail, and then slowly make the fins for the rest of the body

Besides that I am unsure how progress has gone, I believe he has nearly everything else done such as the city for them

Edit: also I'm unsure about Textures

My request was kinda similar to this but its for everything.

"Hey I know people have posted about this before but I haven't seen one in awhile and its furry races.  I know about Vaalsark and its only in Alpha and appears abandoned.  I am thinking their could be a fox, dog, cat (more cat less kajhit), horse, dragon, etc.  I was figuring taurin fox already has 3d characters of fox and horse that he might give the use of if they can be converted to work with skyrim.  With them there could also be a different way to do skin tones so there are multi color skin tones so you can make designs like artica sparkles which is teal and white.  The possibilities are huge but I believe It would need a pretty good modder.  So if anybody knows anyone or is interested I think it would be awesome."

I did upload some textures, I believe they were to Vinny's liking.

Vinny,

Moving all the files to the OP might be a good idea.

If I were any good with blender I would make the models. Edhildil made some modified argonian tails, maybe they could make a shark tail for this project.

• 4 weeks later...

Just checking on the status of this mod since I just bought Skyrim. This mod looks spectacular although the tails need to be redone and add a fin to their backs. Also, if theres eventually gonna be a town of these sharks, how about some quests to eventually romance and marry the alpha males daughter? Heck i'd love to learn how to make a fem shark follower for Skyrim.

Decided to grayscale/ligthen the argonian texture.

I dunno, maybe help give more ideas in regard to texture.

the body is in itself very good!

why not simply use the texture of the drow race?

this is perfect, it is blue, gray, and has a good gloss.

I hope I could be a little help.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/12954-drow-race-unofficial-dawnguard-edition-v241-april-19th/

german \ deutsch !

der körper ist schon mal sehr gut !

warum verwendet man nicht ganz einfach die textur der Drow Race ?

diese ist perfekt , sie ist blau , grau und hat einen guten glanz .

ich hoffe ich konnte ein wenig behilflich sein .

• 3 weeks later...

Archived