On 12/29/2020 at 7:58 PM, John Taylor69 said:

chat seems dead now but does anyone know how to get the potions to cure STD's other than add item menu?

Been playing other games lately, but...one thing to do is load up the esp in xedit (or the creation kit) and see where those potions are being used in the world (to identify vendors or inventories that reference the cure potions).  Other than that you also need to enable the STD mechanic in the Mod Manager settings screen (been just long enough I've forgotten what that is called).  I've not played with this setting enabled myself so really this is a far as I can assist.  Good luck.

On 11/17/2020 at 11:56 AM, Ade4u1 said:

I have an odd issue I wonder if it's happening with anyone else? My beastess follower stops following if I command her to stay at any point. Is there a workaround to get her to follow again?

Same here, never did find a fix other than reloading an older save.  Speculation: a bad edit by the author that was never identified, one or more of the scripts are bad/broken/modifying incorrect variables/etc, or the follower just needs to be rebuilt from scratch in a clean esp following the 'current' methods (there was a shift at some point years ago in how to create followers 'cleanly').  If Breeda is broken you can dismiss and summon her as needed (eg: to use in combat or as portable storage).  I suppose you could research if there is a way to 'clean' your save of references to Breeda in the hopes of letting the mod recreate all the records/variables, but that is beyond my ability (make backups of your save files in case it breaks further).  If you do find a fix let others know by posting back.

Prevention: if you need Breeda to wait, dismiss her instead, then summon her back later.  It only takes a few seconds and won't break or lose anything.

On 11/10/2020 at 3:58 PM, ogiim89 said:

Same issue here, apears the main chestpiece dont load in the hands and feet mesh/textures

I think this was mentioned earlier in this thread.  If I recall, you have to edit the ARMA records using xedit and remove the species specific references on the armor pieces.  I think there are records like ArmaKajiitFeet and such for the non-humanoid species, just remove them all (for the non-human races, leave the rest), save and reload. Not sure if you need to delete and re-add the pieces using the additem command or not, try it if the changes are not reflected after reload.  Can't help further though (you will need to search for it, but at least its only a few pages back).

The ussep is optional for almost all mods (you are an example of why). The ussep does bring a lot of fixes to the table and you might consider researching how to use xedit to make 'patches' for anything ussep breaks in your other mods (usually just property value conflicts).  Although I'd be hard convinced to not use ussep myself, you play it your way.

I likely just added ussep as part of the masters as it does have some creature related changes that seemed relevant at the time.  Only thing I can think of would be some creature records related to health values, of which I did find a few were 'odd' in the SE masters. 

...anyway...

I no longer have my system up for doing such a task at the moment (playing other games right now), but you can remove 'unused masters' using xedit.  xedit is your friend in diagnosing and resolving conflicts.

Step 1: Make or have a backup of the esp. No exceptions.

Step 2: Make or have a backup of your game saves.  No exceptions.

I'd start by loading xedit up with the ussep file installed (and none of your other mods, just the minimum) and adjust any records that this mod inherits from the ussep to use values from the default SE masters instead (thereby removing the dependency) or purge the record if it was only copied from the ussep (ie: no matching record in the SE masters), then finally use xedit to remove the unused master (I think you right click on the esp's header property to find the command for this).  When saving ensure only the esp for this mod is checked.

You can find some tutorial vids online for using xedit, but it should be fairly visible what records are being used by expanding this mod in the tree and looking for the colored records.  Maybe the filters can aid in this, not sure (I am certainly no expert in its use).

Just see what records are using ussep values and override or remove them so the SE masters are used instead.  Record a list of all the creatures in the mod before scrubbing so you can check them all at the end (mandatory).  Finally (critical), make sure ALL the creatures have the 'allow dialog with player' property enabled, that is the primary change from the original mod which was missing this for a lot of creatures (if you drag/drop from the the SE masters, find and enable this property for ALL the matching creatures so this mod can work).

TLDR:

You can remove the ussep dependency using the xedit tool, you must preserve/enable the dialog with player property for all the creatures used in the mod.

Having the same issue as dpsmagur. But I came here for another issue. Aside from a few of the powers not working, like the increased weapons speed and movement speed ones, it mostly works fine. I got through the first few stages with no serious issues, but when I got to the dragon things go wrong. Dialogue works properly, but the scene breaks when the characters try to line up for an animation, and the dragon reverts to normal dragon behavior (with the exceptions of it being non-hostile and not having a collision hit box, it usually flies under the ground and disappears.)

On 8/5/2020 at 11:38 PM, walkingwounded said:

This is my own conversion of the beastess mod (converted from the LE 8.02 version using bsa extractor, COA and xedit).  I did not ask for permissions, but the author seems to have disappeared (no activity in the last year). This file may be revoked without notice if anyone complains.

-any existing defects in the original mod are probably still present, other than the main quest, which I fixed enough to complete to the end

-only the main quest has been tested (can complete all creatures to the end IF you have all necessary animations)

-magic spells have NOT been fully tested, but a few summon spells and shouts have worked when I tried in-game, so left it alone

See earlier posts about SLAL packs to meet all the animation requirements.

See original post for mods full requirements.

Known Problems:

• WARNING: beastess follower (Breeda) will stop following forever if you tell her to "wait here" from the "more..." dialog (reload from an earlier save, do not do this)
  • the default "wait here" command does not work, Breeda will always follow you (workaround: tell her to "leave me" instead and re-summon her later)
  • there are world edits which may or may not be dirty/accidental edits.  Other than the placement of the hideout door on the ground I'm not sure anything else in the world needs to be changed for this mod.
  • Cannot be ESL flagged due to certain records being present.  I think most mods with followers have this limitation.
  • I only know about 20 percent of what is needed to fully fix this, and without reverse compiling the scripts this is as far as I intend to go with it.  Also, I have insufficient skill to do so cleanly (AI, Followers, world edits, scripting...none of the above).

Fixing common issues on your own:

• If animations do not trigger, check the console output for info on why.  Usually it is a failed trigger due to missing (or unregistered) animations and the console output can reveal if this is the case.  If you cannot get past the flame atronach, you have not properly configured something (enabled creatures?, enabled creature dialog?, registered required animations? waited for SL and SLAL to finish activating/registering?)
  • If dialog options are visible but can not be activated, save and reload, try again.
  • If dialog options are missing or you cannot speak to the creatures at all, check that you have enabled the correct settings in your SL mods.  You can also use tools like xedit to verify no other later loading mods are resetting the creature property required for dialog with the player (detailed in an earlier post by another user).

Good luck, and "keep your stick on the ice".

Beastess 8.02 unofficial SE.7z 31.5 MB · 301 downloads

Thanks for uploading. Made a few changes with xEdit. I toyed around with it for a while so I might forget some smaller changes I made along the way.
Mostly though:

• No more missing wrists/ankles/hands/feet. All armour pieces have proper armature records for the appropriate body meshes now.
  • Armor pieces are now actually exclusive to their slot and can't be equipped together with other armour.
  • Nerfed the ridiculously OP armour to something around hide/steel considering how early in the game you get the sets. Feel free to revert this..

I was also thinking about reworking the armour progression a little. Maybe add a few more instances for higher material levels that can be upgraded at a forge with the corresponding smithing perk. Also no more tempering with invis pots -__- But I'll look into this stuff some other time.

New ESP:

(Use this with walkingwounded's version, I didn't check compatibility with the originally uploaded one)

SexLab Beastess.esp

On 1/11/2021 at 1:18 AM, UrLemon said:

So I started the quest and Flame Atronach works perfectly, but I am not sure what to do with bear. I can't talk to him, mating call works. Imma try Calm spell, wish me luck

Having same issue

Will try the unofficial updates in a bit

On 11/17/2020 at 2:56 PM, Ade4u1 said:

I have an odd issue I wonder if it's happening with anyone else? My beastess follower stops following if I command her to stay at any point. Is there a workaround to get her to follow again?

Read Known Problems bro..

On 8/5/2020 at 5:38 PM, walkingwounded said:

This is my own conversion of the beastess mod (converted from the LE 8.02 version using bsa extractor, COA and xedit).  I did not ask for permissions, but the author seems to have disappeared (no activity in the last year). This file may be revoked without notice if anyone complains.

-any existing defects in the original mod are probably still present, other than the main quest, which I fixed enough to complete to the end

-only the main quest has been tested (can complete all creatures to the end IF you have all necessary animations)

-magic spells have NOT been fully tested, but a few summon spells and shouts have worked when I tried in-game, so left it alone

See earlier posts about SLAL packs to meet all the animation requirements.

See original post for mods full requirements.

Known Problems:

• WARNING: beastess follower (Breeda) will stop following forever if you tell her to "wait here" from the "more..." dialog (reload from an earlier save, do not do this)
  • the default "wait here" command does not work, Breeda will always follow you (workaround: tell her to "leave me" instead and re-summon her later)
  • there are world edits which may or may not be dirty/accidental edits.  Other than the placement of the hideout door on the ground I'm not sure anything else in the world needs to be changed for this mod.
  • Cannot be ESL flagged due to certain records being present.  I think most mods with followers have this limitation.
  • I only know about 20 percent of what is needed to fully fix this, and without reverse compiling the scripts this is as far as I intend to go with it.  Also, I have insufficient skill to do so cleanly (AI, Followers, world edits, scripting...none of the above).

Fixing common issues on your own:

• If animations do not trigger, check the console output for info on why.  Usually it is a failed trigger due to missing (or unregistered) animations and the console output can reveal if this is the case.  If you cannot get past the flame atronach, you have not properly configured something (enabled creatures?, enabled creature dialog?, registered required animations? waited for SL and SLAL to finish activating/registering?)
  • If dialog options are visible but can not be activated, save and reload, try again.
  • If dialog options are missing or you cannot speak to the creatures at all, check that you have enabled the correct settings in your SL mods.  You can also use tools like xedit to verify no other later loading mods are resetting the creature property required for dialog with the player (detailed in an earlier post by another user).

Good luck, and "keep your stick on the ice".

Beastess 8.02 unofficial SE.7z 31.5 MB · 310 downloads

• 1 month later...
On 3/13/2021 at 9:25 PM, Jgoftl said:

Having an issue where my game crashes when I try to initiate the questline by interacting with the Statue of Dibella in the Beastess Lair.

I used to have the same issue.  I can't remember the exact reason, but it's usually because of a conflicting mod. What I ended up doing is setting up a test profile, and seing if the issue persists after a new game.  If so, great. All you have to do is start unchecking the mods 3-5 at a time until you are able to narrow down which mod is causing the issue.  If that doesn't work, you'll need to post your load order in a spoiler drop so people can see what youre using to better help with troubleshooting

2 minutes ago, Ade4u1 said:

I used to have the same issue.  I can't remember the exact reason, but it's usually because of a conflicting mod. What I ended up doing is setting up a test profile, and seing if the issue persists after a new game.  If so, great. All you have to do is start unchecking the mods 3-5 at a time until you are able to narrow down which mod is causing the issue.  If that doesn't work, you'll need to post your load order in a spoiler drop so people can see what youre using to better help with troubleshooting

Okay. For now I'm putting all SexLab mods on the back burner to try OStim and it's assortment of Mods to see if I can run a better experience utilizing OSA and OSex instead of SexLab. If I come back to SexLab, I'll try to find the conflict.

5 hours ago, Jgoftl said:

Okay. For now I'm putting all SexLab mods on the back burner to try OStim and it's assortment of Mods to see if I can run a better experience utilizing OSA and OSex instead of SexLab. If I come back to SexLab, I'll try to find the conflict.

Np man. Hope it works. I have some ideas on why it might not be working when your ready to give it another try

Got the issue with the horse where there is no activator on it for me to push E and open dialogue, I've worked out its stage 150 so was going to setstage the beastess quest [QUST:36166750] but what is the stage after the horse that needs to be started?

Thanks

On 3/17/2021 at 10:33 PM, Jgoftl said:

Well let's give those ideas a shot.

Yeah sounds good. Sorry for the late delay, been busy with work, as well as some interesting ctd issues of my own. 

I'll post again tonight to give you a few things to try as far as general troubleshooting. 

It would help to have your load order so I can try to duplicate your issue. Don't worry. No judging here

On 3/20/2021 at 3:34 PM, pinky6225 said:

Got the issue with the horse where there is no activator on it for me to push E and open dialogue, I've worked out its stage 150 so was going to setstage the beastess quest [QUST:36166750] but what is the stage after the horse that needs to be started?

Thanks

That's actually interesting. Is the horse the first one it's happened to? Also, can you use the "invite" feature on the horse? What happens?

1 hour ago, Ade4u1 said:

That's actually interesting. Is the horse the first one it's happened to? Also, can you use the "invite" feature on the horse? What happens?

Yes all the animals up to the horse quest worked fine, had a couple of issues with the dialogue getting stuck but a save/load fixed that

Dunno what you mean by invite option but can trigger sex via the shout/other means

8 hours ago, pinky6225 said:

Yes all the animals up to the horse quest worked fine, had a couple of issues with the dialogue getting stuck but a save/load fixed that

Dunno what you mean by invite option but can trigger sex via the shout/other means

there's an invite option in the aroused creatures mcm that lets you invite non-hostile creatures to party.  Interestingly enough there are specific options for horse dialog in the same menu.  Since you've been able to complete the previous quests, i'm guessing you have fus ro d'oh silent voice mod?