HARDSHIP: Beggar Whore (Upcoming mod) Video preview links

22 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

Thank you :)

Actually it's because you used the Alternate start that you didn't start the game with the [SETTINGS] BW MENU Item, but yes, every time you load a save it will check if it's there and re-add it if it's not. Pretty much any mod that adds an item on quest initiation will have this issue with alternate start mods like Start me up which give you a custom loadout.

On a related note, if you're combining this with Depravity then the settings item (and makeup mirror) will be confiscated along with the rest of your clothing in the initial quest. I didn't know about the save and reload trick at the time, so restored to a point before that and made sure to turn off BW mode before proceeding.

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

On a related note, if you're combining this with Depravity then the settings item (and makeup mirror) will be confiscated along with the rest of your clothing in the initial quest. I didn't know about the save and reload trick at the time, so restored to a point before that and made sure to turn off BW mode before proceeding.

Fortunately you can always restore the mirror with the menu, that's why I made no load protection for it, though it does have drop protection, if you drop it in the world it will self delete to prevent having a bunch of invisible objects with no world model in your save :)

3 hours ago, Tentacus said:

Thank you :)

Actually it's because you used the Alternate start that you didn't start the game with the [SETTINGS] BW MENU Item, but yes, every time you load a save it will check if it's there and re-add it if it's not. Pretty much any mod that adds an item on quest initiation will have this issue with alternate start mods like Start me up which give you a custom loadout.

Well now if anyone is confused by it they know what to do. Good work.

Hey Tentacus,

(took a weeks break and found the latest version - cheers!)... found a strange double bug.

Started fresh in Diamond City and also installed "Stash those Caps". Talked to Isabel, who I refused. Then begged and finally whored... told first male customer "no anal" who then forced himself on me and stole all my caps (about 600). I tried talking again to him straight afterwards in bar to see if there were any options (maybe in another update?), and after he told me to get lost, I tried picking his pocket (he had slightly more than he stole from me, about 630)... failed, he drew his weapon, and Isabel gets off the couch, then chases and kills him. I repeat Isabel is not my pimp (well, not yet, but now she's my hero!). Second part [which isn't due to your mod but I thought you'd be interested anyway]... so I smiled and went over to his body and removed all the caps, but then I get this message that I have too much stuff to move. Opening INV showed Weight and Caps amounts permanently cycling. So I made a fresh save, exited game, turned off Stash those Caps, and started the game back up. Now I have more than 900k caps, so I'm thinking of retiring :)

P.S. Also, i caused the game to crash when using mirror whilst sitting.

EDIT... the first Isabel bug could be seen as her protecting what she expects to be hers anyway.

1 hour ago, FO4Life said:

Hey Tentacus,

he drew his weapon, and Isabel gets off the couch, then chases and kills him. I repeat Isabel is not my pimp (well, not yet, but now she's my hero!).

This is me being Lazy. All the pimps are set to ally by default :) I like it though. I had the same thing happen to me with Isabel and it initially confused me as well. I don't think it's immersion breaking at all. I just think when a bar brawl breaks out she sides with the "weak"

Oh a quick note. If you have the clothing drop for rapes turned on and you get raped somewhere like Dugout Inn, sometimes your dropped clothes will no longer belong to you. Either make sure you are hidden when you pick them up or click on the item and use the console command Setownership to make it yours again. This is how I had Isabel fight the whole Dugout Inn for me... lol.

Second part [which isn't due to your mod but I thought you'd be interested anyway]... so I smiled and went over to his body and removed all the caps, but then I get this message that I have too much stuff to move. Opening INV showed Weight and Caps amounts permanently cycling. So I made a fresh save, exited game, turned off Stash those Caps, and started the game back up. Now I have more than 900k caps, so I'm thinking of retiring :)

I am still using an older version of Stash those caps. I think when the author fixed the ultra high amount transfer bug in the latest version it may have caused the bug you mention. :(

P.S. Also, i caused the game to crash when using mirror whilst sitting.

Oh! That's extremely good to know. I'll add that to the Known issues.

5 hours ago, Tentacus said:

This is me being Lazy. All the pimps are set to ally by default :) I like it though. I had the same thing happen to me with Isabel and it initially confused me as well. I don't think it's immersion breaking at all. I just think when a bar brawl breaks out she sides with the "weak"

I agree whole-heartedly... I am now going to [rp] accept her proposal as she will obviously look after me ?

FYI I had to use an earlier save (not using survival yet) to fix the caps issue as each time I tried to leave the bar (instance change I guess) I just got infinite loop black loading screen.

7 minutes ago, FO4Life said:

I agree whole-heartedly... I am now going to [rp] accept her proposal as she will obviously look after me ?

FYI I had to use an earlier save (not using survival yet) to fix the caps issue as each time I tried to leave the bar (instance change I guess) I just got infinite loop black loading screen.

Nasty :( Might want to report that to the Stash those Caps author.

• 5 months later...

There is nothing here that will make me remove this mod but I thought I'd bring a few things up that you might look into?

1) Your mod activates flavor text during a Random Shenanigan session. In addition, I've had occasion to be 'earning some caps' while a Random Shenanigan is also going on right next to us between two NPCs. When they finish, the ending flavor text for your mod fires, even though I am still getting busy with the john.

2) The flavor text doesn't always match the activity. Kinda immersion breaking to be talking about ass fucking when I'm giving a blowjob.

3) Change up the animation packages. Use those that are not as buggy.  It's only annoying when an Indallero (sp) blowjob fires as the s.o.b has a club for a cock shoving all the away through my girl's head and out the back. Other issues I attribute to a confused AAF.

4) I fixed this, sorta, by installing Stash Those Caps but I'd rather not have had to. The issue is only with settlers stealing caps. I can't very well blow the fucker away as the 29 other settlers go ballistic on my ass. A toggle in settings would be nice to turn on/off getting ripped off by a settler.

Anyway, been enjoying the mod. Thanks for it.

16 minutes ago, Malphias said:

There is nothing here that will make me remove this mod but I thought I'd bring a few things up that you might look into?

1) Your mod activates flavor text during a Random Shenanigan session. In addition, I've had occasion to be 'earning some caps' while a Random Shenanigan is also going on right next to us between two NPCs. When they finish, the ending flavor text for your mod fires, even though I am still getting busy with the john.

This shouldn't happen as I do check for player involvement, though it hasn't been tested with this kind of mod. 

2) The flavor text doesn't always match the activity. Kinda immersion breaking to be talking about ass fucking when I'm giving a blowjob.

Again this shouldn't happen if things are working right as each sex script assigns a global variable which tells the main script the sex type involved. It's most likely related to whatever is causing the first problem. I'd suggest redownloading and reinstalling, though It sounds like the main script is running.

3) Change up the animation packages. Use those that are not as buggy.  It's only annoying when an Indallero (sp) blowjob fires as the s.o.b has a club for a cock shoving all the away through my girl's head and out the back. Other issues I attribute to a confused AAF.

You need to get the erection fix for Indarello, or build the body by his instructions.

• 1 month later...

I keep getting this screen pop up every 2 or 3 minutes on my screen, idk what to do to get rid of it, its annoying.I tried completely removing the mod and reinstalling but still its there, even tried resetting via menu by selecting  the virginity option which said it would reset all and still I cannot remove it, its there every time when the mod is installed, How can I get rid of this pop up please ????

ScreenShot3.png

41 minutes ago, LL_Cass said:

I keep getting this screen pop up every 2 or 3 minutes on my screen, idk what to do to get rid of it, its annoying.I tried completely removing the mod and reinstalling but still its there, even tried resetting via menu by selecting  the virginity option which said it would reset all and still I cannot remove it, its there every time when the mod is installed, How can I get rid of this pop up please ????

That's not from my mod.  You need to check whatever other adult mods you have installed that might be causing it.

In the future, please post issues in the thread for the released mod in the downloads section, as this thread is from before it's release.

Spoiler
3 hours ago, LL_Cass said:

ScreenShot3.png

As @Tentacus mentioned, that's not Hardship (it's actually Sexual Harassment, FYI)

6 hours ago, Tentacus said:

That's not from my mod.  You need to check whatever other adult mods you have installed that might be causing it.

In the future, please post issues in the thread for the released mod in the downloads section, as this thread is from before it's release.

Sorry Im new in LL thought this was the support section for the mod, in either case Im not using anything else that may cause this, e.g. aaf violate,  raider pet, and Hardship,  There is an option in Hardship for this type of stuff "NPC hate speech". I  believe I selected it and this only appears whenever I re install Hardship beggar whore, If I keep Hardship disabled or uninstalled this does not occur furthermore, hardship is the only mod that shows dialogue in this fashion in my pc e.g within a frame,. I will check thoroughly to make sure and re-post  in the proper section once I figure  out the cause but I do not hve any othr sex mods installed other then the ones mentioned above.  If Im mistaken then I will post  a retraction

3 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

As @Tentacus mentioned, that's not Hardship (it's actually Sexual Harassment, FYI)

As I mentioned above , There is an option in Hardship for this type of stuff "NPC hate speech". I  believe I selected it and this only appears whenever I re install Hardship beggar whore,  Since I refrained from whoring for a long period of time it started appearing.. I could just keep Hardship uninstalled permanently and that would solve the issue but I dont want to I would like to keep using it

2 hours ago, LL_Cass said:

Sorry Im new in LL thought this was the support section for the mod, in either case Im not using anything else that may cause this, e.g. aaf violate,  raider pet, and Hardship,  There is an option in Hardship for this type of stuff "NPC hate speech". I  believe I selected it and this only appears whenever I re install Hardship beggar whore, If I keep Hardship disabled or uninstalled this does not occur furthermore, hardship is the only mod that shows dialogue in this fashion in my pc e.g within a frame,. I will check thoroughly to make sure and re-post  in the proper section once I figure  out the cause but I do not hve any othr sex mods installed other then the ones mentioned above.  If Im mistaken then I will post  a retraction

As I mentioned above , There is an option in Hardship for this type of stuff "NPC hate speech". I  believe I selected it and this only appears whenever I re install Hardship beggar whore,  Since I refrained from whoring for a long period of time it started appearing.. I could just keep Hardship uninstalled permanently and that would solve the issue but I dont want to I would like to keep using it

All NPC hate speech does is change certain words in the regular popups to more offensive ones, mainly gay slurs. I can assure you I have no messages that resemble that one. Also my message popups usually white out the screen and change the fonts which is kind of a dead giveaway. I don't think I have a single message popup that hasn't been upgraded to at least use the new fonts. Even the ones without dialogue change the other text to Arial.

NPC Hate Speech example:

Spoiler

20200324123311_1.jpg.dedecc8fa556ef055d4068e4d7c654a4.jpg

For a message from the mod Sexual Harassment to appear it's esp HAS to be active. It's possible you uninstalled it with NMM and something went wrong if the messages are in the plugin and not scripted debugs like mine, check your plugin load order and look for the one from sexual Harassment, or re-install sexual harssment and then uninstall it again.

@LL_Cass

Just for sanity of mind try with a clean saved game. As Uninstalling and Disabling mod's should only be done when putting a list together on a clean save Not halfway through a play through on an old save it will break your game. You just can't 100% blindly trust/Believe/think that a mod organizer will remove ALL instances of a mod. Don't get me wrong! They are good at what they do but thing's do go awry.

If your save mean's a lot to you eg you have 100+ hr on it then there is a tool to clean saves which can be found here

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20032 .

13 minutes ago, mashup47 said:

@LL_Cass

Just for sanity of mind try with a clean saved game. As Uninstalling and Disabling mod's should only be done when putting a list together on a clean save Not halfway through a play through on an old save it will break your game. You just can't 100% blindly trust/Believe/think that a mod organizer will remove ALL instances of a mod. Don't get me wrong! They are good at what they do but thing's do go awry.

If your save mean's a lot to you eg you have 100+ hr on it then there is a tool to clean saves which can be found here

Yeah, I should have said this... I kinda forgot they were a noob. My mind went to the actual esp still being installed though, NMM was notorious for leaving crap behind. If they've been uninstalling stuff and still using the same save then all bets are off, any kinda weirdness is possible, but bottom line this doesn't come from Hardship.

2 hours ago, Tentacus said:

All NPC hate speech does is change certain words in the regular popups to more offensive ones, mainly gay slurs. I can assure you I have no messages that resemble that one. Also my message popups usually white out the screen and change the fonts which is kind of a dead giveaway. I don't think I have a single message popup that hasn't been upgraded to at least use the new fonts. Even the ones without dialogue change the other text to Arial.

NPC Hate Speech example:

Reveal hidden contents

20200324123311_1.jpg.dedecc8fa556ef055d4068e4d7c654a4.jpg

For a message from the mod Sexual Harassment to appear it's esp HAS to be active. It's possible you uninstalled it with NMM and something went wrong if the messages are in the plugin and not scripted debugs like mine, check your plugin load order and look for the one from sexual Harassment, or re-install sexual harssment and then uninstall it again.

Ok I did what you  said and i addition did the clean save mentioned by Mega mashup47 and that did it  I left it running for an hour just to test and it seemed to have fixed it yes Im new to modding in this fashion  "a noob"  when it comes to modding FO4 or any other game that requires this format, sorry again for posting in the wrong thread I just followed your user name which led me here in any case its all fixed thank you

BTW: This is a formal retraction although I really appreciate you help and the likes of all others who also offered their assistance, as it turns out when I 1st installed FO4 I also installed "Sex Attributes" mod which turned out to be the cause just in case anyone else has this issue it is not Hardship. My apologies. But thank you all for your kindness and assistance :)

1 hour ago, mashup47 said:

@LL_Cass

Thank you very much Big Smiles  :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I've already said this a while back but it's worth saying again - thank you for such a good mod. I have been enjoying it a lot. I want to throw an idea at you - could you extend the Bad Boyfriend line to follow the Queen Isabel  quest line so we can have a male owner?

I tried accomplishing this by changing Isabel's gender, looks and name which was simple but adjusting the dialogues was impossible as some of the conditions throw a bunch of errors in CK and FO4Edit.

On 4/24/2020 at 5:55 AM, LL_Cass said:

ScreenShot3.png

This pop-up window belongs to the Sex Attributes mode.