I suppose it could be the heaby load order, I've heard people say that removing mods worked for them but I've pretty much got my load order back to where it was the last time it worked and I still can't get it to function, so weird...

Edit: Given the issues many of us seem to have with the MCM, if this ever gets updated I wonder if a power/spell could be added that lets you access the same settings (with an option in the MCM to remove the spell for those who don't need it). Such a shame because I really want to use the mod but without knowing what the conflict/issue is (e.g. I don't use OSLAroused) I don't want to literally have to build my entire LO and game around this one mod..

Edited by hereforsomestuff

it works for me (older version) but i have a question. is it normal that you cant see the "weteffect" on the skin if there is no light shining on it? lets say the sun is shining and you face towards the sun. i only have the weteffect at the front and not at the back

On 4/16/2022 at 1:54 PM, taffy said:

Turns out the issue for me is the 3.0 update for Serana Dialogue Addon, there's some incompatibility there. Hopefully people are able to figure it out.

Ah yes, the SDA update seems to be what caused the issue for me as well! Thanks so much. Hopefully it gets patched in a later release

On 4/15/2022 at 3:18 PM, hereforsomestuff said:

I suppose it could be the heaby load order, I've heard people say that removing mods worked for them but I've pretty much got my load order back to where it was the last time it worked and I still can't get it to function, so weird...

Edit: Given the issues many of us seem to have with the MCM, if this ever gets updated I wonder if a power/spell could be added that lets you access the same settings (with an option in the MCM to remove the spell for those who don't need it). Such a shame because I really want to use the mod but without knowing what the conflict/issue is (e.g. I don't use OSLAroused) I don't want to literally have to build my entire LO and game around this one mod..

The problem isn't just the spell. It isn't just the MCM, the mod itself doesn't initialize either

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/15/2022 at 3:05 PM, polska said:

it works for me (older version) but i have a question. is it normal that you cant see the "weteffect" on the skin if there is no light shining on it? lets say the sun is shining and you face towards the sun. i only have the weteffect at the front and not at the back

how u got older version ?

On 5/8/2022 at 9:22 AM, sgmgkyty said:

Nexus Mod Manager link -> https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/32161?tab=files&file_id=262180&nmm=1

Manual Download -> https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/32161?tab=files&file_id=262180

It is the last fully compatible version (2.9.2.7) with this mod.

actually I fixed it by putting it higher in load order

On 5/9/2022 at 6:17 PM, TheLoverLabCriminal said:

actually I fixed it by putting it higher in load order

Indeed!

The WetFunction.esp should be loaded before SeranaDialogAddon.esp

Cheers!

Edited by sgmgkyty
Providing a clear solution to the topic.
9 hours ago, Nrabules said:

Hey y'all, do you guys know why the glossy texture from the mod still appear, even with the mod completely uninstalled?

That depends on a couple of factors. It depends upon what mod manager you are using. Uninstalling a mod part-way through a play through, and then resuming from the same save game is unwise, as data from the mod is still present in the save game. Does the same thing occur if you start a new game? Script mods in particular, should never be removed mid-game. And possibly, while you did uninstall it, remnants of the mod may still be in your Data Folder.

6 hours ago, Sandatharius said:

That depends on a couple of factors. It depends upon what mod manager you are using. Uninstalling a mod part-way through a play through, and then resuming from the same save game is unwise, as data from the mod is still present in the save game. Does the same thing occur if you start a new game? Script mods in particular, should never be removed mid-game. And possibly, while you did uninstall it, remnants of the mod may still be in your Data Folder.

Hey! I fixed it by making a preset without the mod installed, and making a new game doesn't occur.

18 hours ago, Sandatharius said:

Alright, Nevermind. It's still present even when using a new save.

2 minutes ago, Nrabules said:

Alright, Nevermind. It's still present even when using a new save.

i do not know what causes it, but as it seems trying to switch outfits usually does this. I have checked every file and nothing of WetFunction appears.

For some reason this mod doesnt see Papyrus util, states its missing.

• I do not have Sexlab.
  • Papyrus is activ other mods that use it do see it, its also ticked in the right screen under skse pluggins in Mo2.
  • I do have the AE version of the game (with AE papyrus but it doesnt see the SE version either).
  • I have the unp version as bhunp is the body i use.
12 minutes ago, Spacefrisian said:

For some reason this mod doesnt see Papyrus util, states its missing.

• I do not have Sexlab.
  • Papyrus is activ other mods that use it do see it, its also ticked in the right screen under skse pluggins in Mo2.
  • I do have the AE version of the game (with AE papyrus but it doesnt see the SE version either).
  • I have the unp version as bhunp is the body i use.

is the mod still working? ^^

2 hours ago, Nymra said:

is the mod still working? ^^

No, it shows up in the mcm menu but i cant do anything (wet skin redux that is)

States:

• Skse...Ok
  • Papyrus Util...missing
  • Ini something (forgot name)....ok
Edited by Spacefrisian
Added some info
8 minutes ago, Spacefrisian said:

No, it shows up in the mcm menu but i cant do anything (wet skin redux that is)

States:

• Skse...Ok
  • Papyrus Util...missing
  • Ini something (forgot name)....ok

make sure nothing overwrites the papyrus.util. I remember having troubles with mods having old versions inside their install folders. 

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, trgdolors said:

Does anyone know how well this mod, WetFunctionRedux SE, will work with the new Soaking Wet - Character Wetness Effect? Can they be used together? Thoughts?

Thanks!

From reading the mod description, it doesn't look like you need both. They both appear to do very similar things, and have similar features. The description states:

"A SKSE64 plugin that makes characters and their gear appear wet when in water and optionally in the rain or snow. Works on player and NPCs with seamless soak/dry transitions and adjustable shine level."

That to me, says that it will go from dry to moist to wet to saturated the same as WFR. WFR does that as well, in stages. So, my guess is that you indeed, don't need both.

The only difference is that apparently, it adds it to clothes and armour as well. I don't think WFR added the wet texture to clothing & armour. It didn't when I used it.

Edited by Sandatharius