I recently remodded my game from scratch and for some reason with wet function, once its applied it tanks my frames to hell and every 30 seconds or so my pc "sparkles" briefly and tanks my frames even more. I've never had this issue before does anyone know what could be a cause/sollution? I'm using NVT ENB and ENB Light if those could have anything to do with it, but idk since I usually have a solid 50-60 frames running these without wet function. Tho I think I've used these with wet function before with no issues lol I love modding.

Edit: I completely forgot I was running the Nexus version of the mod, after downloading the LL version it seems to be working just fine. It must be some of the script changes that daymarr mentioned or something, I'll leave this up in case anyone else has this issue.

Edited by H Bof
  • 3 weeks later...

Edit: removed - the problem I was seeing was actually from the WetFunction script in SDA Patch Hub.  If you're one of the few that downloaded my script, I recommend removing it.  If Aroused isnt showing up in your mcm, try removing SDA's version of WetFunctionMCM.pex and use the original script that came with this mod.

Sorry for any confusion - pitfalls of using alot of mods.

Edited by km4387
On 4/24/2023 at 6:36 PM, ?????? 1627 said:

Is it normal that it does not apply to the head, whether man or woman?

Hide contents

ScreenShot120.jpg.29893bd53678330eddc4232e8d17a22b.jpg

ScreenShot212.jpg.22fbb9f7478c61e7aa913b8c812ba3aa.jpg

have you work around this? in my case, textures sometimes affect head, sometimes not.

On 5/25/2023 at 12:09 AM, Kazyachka said:

I had this too when I used this:

But after a lot of time spent playing Skyrim and also influenced by the fact that I used a High Poly head, I switched to this version and everything works stably 

i am still have this problem when i am outdoor

On 5/24/2023 at 5:35 PM, jdhue said:

have you work around this? in my case, textures sometimes affect head, sometimes not.

14 hours ago, jdhue said:

i am still have this problem when i am outdoor

when head is not effected this is caused by the way the mod works it needs both the head part editor id and teh name to be the ssame. open the npc replacer having issues with in sse edit then go to head parts. makes sure that on any head the  editor id and the name is same. this will fix them for wetness. if still not wet then check brows. for swet you need a face texture  also with body

5 hours ago, sidfu1 said:

when head is not effected this is caused by the way the mod works it needs both the head part editor id and teh name to be the ssame. open the npc replacer having issues with in sse edit then go to head parts. makes sure that on any head the  editor id and the name is same. this will fix them for wetness. if still not wet then check brows. for swet you need a face texture  also with body

but it's affect my character, not npcs

4 hours ago, jdhue said:

but it's affect my character, not npcs

for player if your vram runs out it can cause the head overlay to not render soemtimes. also go in and check  facial overly slots and try increaseing ita long with maybe bump  racemnu  ram up a bit. also  same things apply to player make sure whever race/brow or head mod has the parts names set right

4 hours ago, sidfu1 said:

for player if your vram runs out it can cause the head overlay to not render soemtimes. also go in and check  facial overly slots and try increaseing ita long with maybe bump  racemnu  ram up a bit. also  same things apply to player make sure whever race/brow or head mod has the parts names set right

i have 12 vram, is it possible to run out that much on skyrim? also, i only want to make it more glossy,

i managed to bring the settings to MCM, but no matter what i do, the sweat and wet effect won't appear i don't know what went wrong, but soaking wet mods works fine for me... i already set the setting to wetness 10 and set the target to my character, but nothing... did i miss something?

On 5/28/2023 at 5:43 AM, sidfu1 said:

also, i have this problem where once it affect npc faces, but after restarting the game - overlay doesn't appear, even if its on body. 

Edited by jdhue
not enough info
  • 3 weeks later...

So i tried to fix the mod for hours now, removed sda completely after trying get it to work with wfr-se. it still wont show up in my mcm and i cannot figure out why.
asked google for any ideas what this error code means but found no solution. also tried every possible advice in this thread, nothing seems to work
i can share my modlist if anyone wants to have a look - its pretty stuffed. 
down there are 2 lines from the latest papyrus.0 log 

[06/20/2023 - 11:41:35PM] [wetfunctionmcm <WetFunctionMCM (27000800)>] ERROR: Cannot use SetTextOptionValueST outside a valid option state
[06/20/2023 - 11:41:35PM] [wetfunctionmcm <WetFunctionMCM (27000800)>] INITIALIZED

MY glossiness and specular effect works perfectly, however i can see no droplets at all like those screenshots they posted even my wetness level is already max

Now something weired happened, Mod works when i have armor, however if i naked then it just stoped working, and when i selected data clean, all texture just suddenly applied on skin strangly

Edited by godtwice

I have an odd issue. I play as a futanari, and when Sexlab has me registered as SL Female, I get wet textures on the body, but not my head or schlong. When I switch to SL Male, I get the inverse, with wetness on the schlong and head, but not the body.

Any ideas why this might be occurring?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2023 at 6:19 PM, km4387 said:

Edit: removed - the problem I was seeing was actually from the WetFunction script in SDA Patch Hub.  If you're one of the few that downloaded my script, I recommend removing it.  If Aroused isnt showing up in your mcm, try removing SDA's version of WetFunctionMCM.pex and use the original script that came with this mod.

Sorry for any confusion - pitfalls of using alot of mods.

HOLY SHIT THANK YOU, DAMN THIS WAS HARD TO FIND A FIX FOR

I got a bit tired of this mod's beautiful texture overlays randomly disappearing when you equip something in a way that it doesn't like (for some reason equipping Devious Devices breaks it all the time), so I made a simple tweak:

Spoiler

Event OnKeyDown(int keyCode)
    if Utility.IsInMenuMode()
        return
    endif
    if keyCode == 69
    Debug.Notification("WFR force updating")
    ;OnUpdate()
    NiOverride.AddSkinOverrideString(act, 1, false, 0x04, 9, 7, "textures\\actors\\character\\WetFunction\\wet_111_s.dds", false)
    NiOverride.AddSkinOverrideString(act, 1, false, 0x08, 9, 7, "textures\\actors\\character\\WetFunction\\wet_111_s.dds", false)
    NiOverride.AddSkinOverrideString(act, 1, false, 0x80, 9, 7, "textures\\actors\\character\\WetFunction\\wet_111_s.dds", false)
    act.RegenerateHead()
    endif
EndEvent

You can press Numlock on your keyboard after your textures are gone unexpectedly, and it manually refreshes all the textures (I think if there's no effect to apply, it flickers and then goes back to dry ones, so shouldn't break anything).

I didn't invent any logic to follow MCM's menu settings for sweat and drops - I know it changes the textures applied, but I've never changed those and this is a personal tweak. This is for the female overlays (I'm using 3ba, i suspect half the reason it bugs out is due to the hands textures, but I can't confirm it) only. If you have a different setting in regards to the sweat/drops, you can change the number for the texture and recompile, or if you need it for the male char - just change the overlays to point to the different texture (male_***.dds or whatever it's called).

But, in case anyone struggled with the same problem as I did, give this a try.

P.S. Don't forget to backup.

WetFunctionEffect.pex WetFunctionEffect.psc

Edited by krzp
On 7/16/2023 at 8:01 PM, Crocop777 said:

For those wondering why the MCM menu doesn't appear. Try to wait few minutes after you loading your save. Don't quit right away.

Played for hours. No MCM menu showing in Mods Configuration. Using SSE 1.6.640 newest game update. I was getting the MCM with 1.5 all the way on up to the game version before 1.6.640. 

Edited by Sandatharius

Got a pretty weird/specific bug, but I figure someone'll have ideas as to what's going on.

I started playing a futa/futanari/hermaphrodite/intersex character for the first time, but whenever another humanoid character starts a noncon scene through SL adventures and reaches the climax step of the animation with my character, the Wet Function textures on my character's body, hands, and feet vanish; only her head and cock retain their Wet Function textures. No textures are lost when reaching the climax step with nonhumanoids or through means other than SL Adventures (like with Eager NPCs).

It also only occurs when using b3lisario's SOS Schlong for Females. If noncon humanoid scenes are engaged with no schlong equipped or with the CBBE futa schlong, textures remain (unfortunately, the CBBE futa schlong is hideous IMO).

Would really appreciate some help here. Other mentioned mods linked below:

2 minutes ago, skydragon92 said:

the Wet Function textures on my character's body, hands, and feet vanish

I've struggled with the same problem and made a small patch to manually refresh the textures when they disappear. It's not ideal, as it still requires some manual input from you, but it sure beats screwing around with the menu's to reapply them.

On 7/21/2023 at 3:26 AM, krzp said:

I got a bit tired of this mod's beautiful texture overlays randomly disappearing when you equip something in a way that it doesn't like (for some reason equipping Devious Devices breaks it all the time), so I made a simple tweak:

Hide contents

Event OnKeyDown(int keyCode)
    if Utility.IsInMenuMode()
        return
    endif
    if keyCode == 69
    Debug.Notification("WFR force updating")
    ;OnUpdate()
    NiOverride.AddSkinOverrideString(act, 1, false, 0x04, 9, 7, "textures\\actors\\character\\WetFunction\\wet_111_s.dds", false)
    NiOverride.AddSkinOverrideString(act, 1, false, 0x08, 9, 7, "textures\\actors\\character\\WetFunction\\wet_111_s.dds", false)
    NiOverride.AddSkinOverrideString(act, 1, false, 0x80, 9, 7, "textures\\actors\\character\\WetFunction\\wet_111_s.dds", false)
    act.RegenerateHead()
    endif
EndEvent

You can press Numlock on your keyboard after your textures are gone unexpectedly, and it manually refreshes all the textures (I think if there's no effect to apply, it flickers and then goes back to dry ones, so shouldn't break anything).

I didn't invent any logic to follow MCM's menu settings for sweat and drops - I know it changes the textures applied, but I've never changed those and this is a personal tweak. This is for the female overlays (I'm using 3ba, i suspect half the reason it bugs out is due to the hands textures, but I can't confirm it) only. If you have a different setting in regards to the sweat/drops, you can change the number for the texture and recompile, or if you need it for the male char - just change the overlays to point to the different texture (male_***.dds or whatever it's called).

But, in case anyone struggled with the same problem as I did, give this a try.

P.S. Don't forget to backup.

WetFunctionEffect.pex 23.84 kB · 4 downloads WetFunctionEffect.psc 22.47 kB · 4 downloads

Thanks. Seems like a decent bandaid solution for now, but how do I utilize these? I'm used to mo2 holding my hand for pretty much everything lol

12 minutes ago, skydragon92 said:

Thanks. Seems like a decent bandaid solution for now, but how do I utilize these? I'm used to mo2 holding my hand for pretty much everything lol

Right click on your installed mods somewhere at the end, "All Mods -> Create empty mod above", call it whatever you want, then right click on that new mod, "Open In Explorer", create a directory called Scripts, open it and paste the downloaded WetFunctionEffect.pex in there.

The *.psc file you don't really need, that's the source code in case someone wants to see what I've changed or make their own adjustments.

Activate the mod, you should see it winning a conflict against regular WFR. Should look something like this:

Spoiler

image.png.8182bf8410fab86a568d22109bdae15f.png

Whenever your textures disappear in game, press Numlock, it'll print a notification about Force Updating or something like that.

Though, it only works when the ability is active, so if the mod itself thinks that your character should be dry at this moment, this won't help it - it's only a fix against buggy overlays after all.

And if this doesn't work for you for some reason, you can turn off the mod you've created, and your WFR should be back to stock. ?