4 minutes ago, TenkatsuQ said:

holy fuck if it were just possible to port those into SE then that would be the best wet skin texture ever. and yeah i get you most mod authors dont post much of detailed stuff since they want to keep some of the good stuff for themself or its just heavily customized or self made textures.

1 minute ago, zeldafrake said:

holy fuck if it were just possible to port those into SE then that would be the best wet skin texture ever. and yeah i get you most mod authors dont post much of detailed stuff since they want to keep some of the good stuff for themself or its just heavily customized or self made textures.

what feels kinda odd to me though is that most people still are recommending a wet skin texture from 2016, like has there not been any better ones since then or what?

1 minute ago, zeldafrake said:

what feels kinda odd to me though is that most people still are recommending a wet skin texture from 2016, like has there not been any better ones since then or what?

Many authors believe they want to "sell" quality material. That's where they hide good mods. They are bought only by those who pay for a subscription on Patreon or somewhere else. But if anything, the textures do not need to be ported to SE. You can just take the skinned body texture, try to rename it and stuff it into your game. These are just DDS files. So you can try them too.

3 minutes ago, TenkatsuQ said:

Many authors believe they want to "sell" quality material. That's where they hide good mods. They are bought only by those who pay for a subscription on Patreon or somewhere else. But if anything, the textures do not need to be ported to SE. You can just take the skinned body texture, try to rename it and stuff it into your game. These are just DDS files. So you can try them too.

Oh i did not know that, i'll try that out and see what i they'll look like then, thanks for helping me out with this, it's greatly appreciated.

9 minutes ago, zeldafrake said:

Oh i did not know that, i'll try that out and see what i they'll look like then, thanks for helping me out with this, it's greatly appreciated.

I hope this works. Moreover, if the texture is replaced with the help of WetFunctionRedux, it can turn out very well. But it is important that the texture of the body is, as it were, not together with the main skin, but a transparent texture with drops and other elements applied to it. Then the texture will be applied on top of your body textures. But if the downloaded texture of the wet body will go as a full-fledged body retexture, but in addition also with drops, then it is possible that when switching the texture when wet, such a rather big difference will be visible.

8 minutes ago, TenkatsuQ said:

I hope this works. Moreover, if the texture is replaced with the help of WetFunctionRedux, it can turn out very well. But it is important that the texture of the body is, as it were, not together with the main skin, but a transparent texture with drops and other elements applied to it. Then the texture will be applied on top of your body textures. But if the downloaded texture of the wet body will go as a full-fledged body retexture, but in addition also with drops, then it is possible that when switching the texture when wet, such a rather big difference will be visible.

I managed to get the files but unfortunately they aren't dds files and i got no clue if it's possible to convert them, ill post them here for someone else to figure out since that kinda of stuff ain't my expertise.

you just need to extract them with winrar or 7zip

Hunting-Succubus.Wet_Skin_2_Drop.1.var Hunting-Succubus.Wet_Sweaty_Skin_1.1.var

16 hours ago, zeldafrake said:

I managed to get the files but unfortunately they aren't dds files and i got no clue if it's possible to convert them, ill post them here for someone else to figure out since that kinda of stuff ain't my expertise.

you just need to extract them with winrar or 7zip

Hunting-Succubus.Wet_Skin_2_Drop.1.var 2.79 MB · 4 downloads Hunting-Succubus.Wet_Sweaty_Skin_1.1.var 9.73 MB · 6 downloads

I'll download and see what's inside...

13 minutes ago, TenkatsuQ said:

I'll download and see what's inside...

oh shit, i hope you did not payd for it, this files for scenes, like bath or somethig like this. and i dont really understand what a hell is this vab/vaj files, maybe its vor java, maybe its like events files for other mods. on site from my link written this is cloth files, but i dont know why its not esp or even bsa files =( but 1 looks familiar - is WETNORMALMAP.png, but why png? ok, png, its looks like realy file we can use, but without original texture this normalmap as is. maybe i can translate png into dds, and using this mormalmap i can duplicate it and make more transparent texture, but its will be just square of waterdrops, not body model texture. ill try, but no promise/

Edited by TenkatsuQ
1 minute ago, TenkatsuQ said:

oh shit, i hope you did not payd for it, this files for scenes, like bath or somethig like this. and i dont really understand what a hell is this vab/vaj files, maybe its vor java, maybe its like events files for other mods. on site from my link written this is cloth files, but i dont know why its not esp or even bsa files =(

as far as i know vam is a scene creation tool that mostly used by degenerate people to make nsfw stuff with, not sure if if its a custom engine or not. not even sure the files used for vam can be converted but it might be possible to use them as references to make new textures with i would believe.

and no i didn't pay for them, i knew of a site to get my hands on them without having to pay.

4 minutes ago, zeldafrake said:

as far as i know vam is a scene creation tool that mostly used by degenerate people to make nsfw stuff with, not sure if if its a custom engine or not. not even sure the files used for vam can be converted but it might be possible to use them as references to make new textures with i would believe.

and no i didn't pay for them, i knew of a site to get my hands on them without having to pay.

great that you could find them for free) otherwise, I think what I can’t do with these texture files. it will be easier to just take the time and draw these textures myself, but I'm not good at creating textures. As far as I know, it is necessary not only to draw a texture, but also to generate a normalmap based on the drawn texture. and as for the files for the scenes - well, for me it's a dead end...

23 minutes ago, TenkatsuQ said:

great that you could find them for free) otherwise, I think what I can’t do with these texture files. it will be easier to just take the time and draw these textures myself, but I'm not good at creating textures. As far as I know, it is necessary not only to draw a texture, but also to generate a normalmap based on the drawn texture. and as for the files for the scenes - well, for me it's a dead end...

do you think it might be possible to use fallout 4 wet or sweaty body textures to try to convert them?

1 hour ago, TenkatsuQ said:

if fallout uses dds, its very simple to just copy and rename em to skyrim)

seem like f4 has a different way to apply wet and sweaty skin compared to skyrim, all im seeing in the mod files are skin textures and not much else.

Edited by zeldafrake
On 6/8/2022 at 5:36 PM, Nymra said:

hmm, with Wet&Cold I also get wet gear. 
and no issues with wetfunction at all

Yeah, I was wondering how this interacted with Wet & Cold (which I use....in coordination with Frostfall and Vivid Weathers).

I only have a little experience with this mod, but the conclusion I came to was: once you get it working, it's great for sweating effects. Shockingly good. I haven't gotten it working on NPCs yet (admittedly, I'm traveling around with Lydia, so this would require a lot of running and smashing swords, and it wouldn't be easy to see with her armor), but it looks great on the PC character after you drain your magic pool a few times. 

However, despite what I initially thought, I don't think it's a replacement for Wet and Cold. At least not the way I'm using it. For starters, it doesn't do ice effects (nor does it claim to do so). It doesn't do water dripping effects (like in rainfall or emerging from swimming), or anything that isn't directly on the character's skin. Which I think is by design.

Otherwise, it seems to work really good. I have a pretty high end system and am considering using this purely for the sweat effects. 

I finally got this mod working for me but after trying some new skins it does not work properly any more. all skins are uninstalled but now wet function only applies to the head and sometimes arms. also it will work when wearing clothing if the body is a different bodyslide to the characters naked body (i use many different body slide presets for different followers etc so not all clothes match the naked body.)

Anyone got any ideas on how to fix this?  

18 hours ago, INFamousUser said:

for some reason the female head does not obtain the wet textures. I've Looked up and down the comment section and have tried to do some scavenging but haven't come upon any solutions. anybody have any idea what's going on? 

Have you tried this yet? https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/17418-wet-function-high-poly-head-head-wetness-fix-le-se/

TO ANYONE HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE MCM NOT SHOWING:

For some reason this mod conflicts with Serana Dialog Addon. Put SeranaDialogAddon.esp at a higher priority (loads after) than WetFunction.esp, I put my SDA near the bottom, just put my Smashed and Bashed Patches after it. Lock it in that priority and run LOOT. It should now be fixed.

On 8/8/2022 at 8:42 AM, neneXgod said:

Have you tried this yet? https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/17418-wet-function-high-poly-head-head-wetness-fix-le-se/

Yeah I've tried that. I've tried disabling all mods in MO2 (other than Wet Function and requirements) and the issue does not disappear. I'm just going to ignore it for the time being

• 2 weeks later...

So i am currently switching from LE to AE and tried to get this mod running even though the modpage says it's only meant for SE not AE. After installing everything worked fine but this one single exception: glossiness. for some reason only this setting is not working but everything else seems to run just fine. now i was wondering if there is a way to fix this.

Sorry if this question has been asked multiple times already, but i couldnt find this exact problem by quickly skimming through the last couple pages. So i was hoping one of you might be able to give me some insight to where this issue is coming from and how to solve it. Because i really dont want to not play with this amazing mod that i have been using on LE for the longest time.