Hey everyone! I never got Wet Function (LE or SE) to work on female NPCs that get their traits from leveled lists (like most bandits and warlocks). As in: no visual effect gets applied at all.
It does work on male NPCs from leveled lists though, and it also works for female NPCs that don't come from a leveled list (if I spawn a female bandit directly, it works fine).

I don't understand scripts and the technical side of NiOverride & Wet Function well enough to find a solution. Do you have any ideas, maybe?

Hey I have an issue with WetFunctioni. The mod works perfectly fine and all the textures show. Even when wearing armor, the skin that is visible is still affected by WetFunction. But as soon as I remove any clothes or armor my body is dry. Head, feet and hands stay wet, but my body is dry. Now when I equip any clothing or armor again, the effect returns. It's only gone when I am naked. Does soemone have a similar issue? Can someone help?

Edited by Neico7500

Console spam

[07/14/2021 - 04:12:10PM] ERROR: Cannot cast from None to Form[]
stack:
    [WetFunctionMCM (38000800)].wetfunctionmcm.UpdateKeywords() - "WetFunctionMCM.psc" Line ?
    [WetFunctionMCM (38000800)].wetfunctionmcm.ecConfigChanged() - "WetFunctionMCM.psc" Line ?
    [WetFunctionMCM (38000800)].wetfunctionmcm.OnSliderAcceptST() - "ecMCM.psc" Line ?
    [WetFunctionMCM (38000800)].wetfunctionmcm.SetSliderValue() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line ?
    [SKI_ConfigManagerInstance (16000802)].SKI_ConfigManager.OnSliderAccept() - "SKI_ConfigManager.psc" Line ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello !  Just tried this with female PC,  works great.

I saw in the mcm all greyed out the wet function redux for males.

I suppose then that has to be installed for male support, I clicked on the link on your page, and it it appeared to be oldrim.

will that work for se? or does it need converted?

edit okay nevermind I just read it on wet function redux for male page at the very bottom in tiny print: se compatible

Edited by Dg75

Heya

I am using themods, with no errors, but no textures shows, while I'm been under rain, immerged in water, or else.

I tried to go to Misc> Refresh all , then to targets>Player>Start effect.

But I can only select my follower, not my own character !

What am I missing please ?

On 7/7/2021 at 7:23 PM, Confuse said:

Hey everyone! I never got Wet Function (LE or SE) to work on female NPCs that get their traits from leveled lists (like most bandits and warlocks). As in: no visual effect gets applied at all.
It does work on male NPCs from leveled lists though, and it also works for female NPCs that don't come from a leveled list (if I spawn a female bandit directly, it works fine).

I don't understand scripts and the technical side of NiOverride & Wet Function well enough to find a solution. Do you have any ideas, maybe?

Ok, I actually found a fix myself. The function GetActorBase was not able to get the data Nioverride needed for WetFunction to properly work with leveled NPCs.
But I found a function that does: GetLeveledActorBaseGetLeveledActorBase.png.68606b634e132e2d3dc970def99bd490.png

GetActorBase was used two times in the WetFunctionEffect script, both in the InitActor function.WetFunctionEffect_Edits.png.6e0fb7bf54f02addd3dc9f81f3858e93.png
I replaced both by GetLeveledActorBase, compiled the script, and it worked! Now I finally have sweaty bandits.?

To compile the script, I had to comment out some stuff that referenced Frostfall. I wasn't able to find the source files to make it work (the source files from the SSE versions of campfire and frostfall did not do the job). Frostfall interactions won't work with my uploaded versions.
Here're my edited source file and the compiled script:
WetFunctionEffect.pex
WetFunctionEffect.psc
Put the .pex file into Data\Scripts and see if it works for you.

i just got wet function redux i had it working about a month ago and now im geting 

skse plugin  1.7.3+ ok

paprusutil    3.2+ ok

nioverride/racemenu 3.4.0+ broken

plez help!!!!! any way to fix it?????

their is only a racemenu v0.4.16 whith loaded to vortex it says v3.4.5 cant find 3.4.0

5 hours ago, Deathclock92 said:

i just got wet function redux i had it working about a month ago and now im geting 

skse plugin  1.7.3+ ok

paprusutil    3.2+ ok

nioverride/racemenu 3.4.0+ broken

plez help!!!!! any way to fix it?????

their is only a racemenu v0.4.16 whith loaded to vortex it says v3.4.5 cant find 3.4.0

I got that message after I had changed the MCM script and it went away after I copied the original script back in.
For the record: I use the newest version of Racemenu without problems. You do not need to downgrade.

13 hours ago, Confuse said:

I got that message after I had changed the MCM script and it went away after I copied the original script back in.
For the record: I use the newest version of Racemenu without problems. You do not need to downgrade.

i did that to before i try something else which was a messbut ill try it again thanx

13 hours ago, Deathclock92 said:

i did that to before i try something else which was a messbut ill try it again thanx

The edited WetFunctionEffect script I uploaded a few posts above didn't cause that problem for me btw. The effect and the MCM are done in different scripts.

Does it work if you start a new game?

Surprised that people are having so much trouble with this mod. I've been using it for about a year and a half in various SSE Play Throughs, and it installed with no problems. I'm even using it in Enderal SE. Everything working as it should.

Edited by Sandatharius

Hello guys,

I absolutely LOVE this mod, but I've come across 3 distinct and kind of annoying issues.

A.) When selecting the visuals (via the Visuals tab, obviously), I seen to only be able to choose specular or glossiness. When I use both, the glossiness just overrides the specular. :/

B.) When using aforementioned glossiness textures, no sweat textures appear! They appear fine on a specular-covered body, and look splendid, but glossy bodies just won't cooperate. :c

C.) [probably the worst one] When I first run the effect (on my character generally, but I assume the same applies to NPCs), it all shows up fine! Put on clothes: all normal and shiny/glossy! (again, it's sadly either/or at the moment...) BUT... when I go naked again... POOF! Gone!... well, almost gone. My head, feet, and hands all have their textures, but the MOST important part of the character is missing them: the body! It's all dry..... ;c

If ANYONE could provide fixes for these issues (or at least the more important ones, with C being the most important and A being the least), I would be eternally grateful.

Have a great day!

7 hours ago, TotalTryhardTrip said:

snip

The "texture effects" and "texture swapping" parts change the actual textures (specular maps). The "specular" part changes how strong specular maps are shown. Glossiness is another effect (it doesn't change the textures), and it works well together with the specular effect. But if your glossiness is too strong, the specular maps become harder to see.

Here are my current settings.
1058085224_Screenshot2021-08-22161639.png.d1963737a931da65f51be415954c97e3.png

4 hours ago, DamascusTheSword said:

I have the same problem, have you found a solution for this?

I didn't ever have that problem, but someone on the same page as the post you quoted found that the problem was caused by another mod. Maybe it's similar for you.
Here's the post:

On 6/6/2021 at 7:57 PM, WYH661129 said:

Strange!The MCM menu for this mod cannot be displayed,after hours of searching, I found  Bad Dog's Hoodie Schlongs: Khajiit, Argonians, Human/Elf V9.5 

cause this problem. Is there a way to resolve this conflict? I really enjoyed both of these mods.

i cant for the life of me get this mod to show up in the mcm menu, im using vortex and at first it worked fine but i had to purge my mods and when i re installed it does not work. i've tried reinstalling and re installing it manually  and shuffling around the load order and typing setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1 but nothing starts the menu popup. 

Edit: i forgot to mention i have other mods requiring mcm and they work fine in fact i download a new mod with mcm requirement and it starts fine its only wet function redux thats failing

here is my load order

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
titkit.esl
TissHeadTrack.esl
EFFCore.esm
High Poly Head.esm
Heels Sound.esm
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
RaceCompatibility.esm
ZaZAnimationPack.esm
SkyUI_SE.esp
CommunityOverlays2_31T50.esp
CommunityOverlays3.esp
CommunityOverlays1_0T30.esp
BFCB_Beauti-Full_Clothing_Bodypaints.esp
kart_COR_facepaint.esp
UIExtensions.esp
Lupine_YyvengarBodypaints.esp
RaceMenuMorphsHIMBO.esp
TW3Eyes.esp
Poser Hotkeys.esp
[Predator] Fuck Doll.esp
EFFDialogue.esp
High Poly Head Vampire Fix.esp
[TheMilkDrinker] YoRHa 2B Attire.esp
TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
Holiday Gift Hairdos.esp
KSHairdosSMP.esp
KSWigsSMP.esp
KS Hairdo's.esp
Daughters of Dimitrescu.esp
FashionWtich Set.esp
dse-buttplug.esp
[COCO]Lingerie.esp
[COCO] RONIN.esp
AddItemMenuSE.esp
[COCO] Pinup Cheongsam [SE].esp
[COCO]LaceBody_Full_CBBE SE.esp
[Melodic] Flirty Girl.esp
Ultimate Lingerie Collection 2.0 [SE].esp
VtawWardrobe5.esp
COR_AllRace.esp
COR_TheEyesOfBeauty_Compability Patch.esp
COR-faceparts_eye.esp
CN_Eyes-CotR.esp
opmfgconsole.esp
BD Armor and clothes replacer.esp
HIMBO.esp
RaceMenuHH.esp
thair.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
SOS - Shop.esp
_GSPoses.esp
SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp
3BBB.esp
CBBE.esp
RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp
RaceMenu.esp
XPMSE.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp
FNISspells.esp
FNIS.esp
LazyBodyEdit.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

Edited by petter92
2 hours ago, Lirph said:

I wanted to use this for bathing, but it doesn't seems to trigger with water...

I can't find anything that just makes character wet/soaked in water naked or clothed.
If anyone have a solution I'm all hears ^^

Well, this mod DOES trigger with water. It also adds a water layer when it's raining. Using stamina will also start with a slight sheen, and then graduate to a saturated sweaty layer similar to getting wet when raining or swimming. If it's not happening for you, then some other mod is interfering with its operation. Do you have any other mods that modify skin textures?

I reinstalled everything with vortex and it worked but when i installed  the cinematic film look enb but when i loaded the save file with the mcm menu active it crashed, I uninstalled enb but the menu would not appear so i reinstalled everything again but no luck, any help here im at a loss to what exactly is going wrong?