On 6/4/2022 at 2:31 PM, trgdolors said:

Does anyone know how well this mod, WetFunctionRedux SE, will work with the new Soaking Wet - Character Wetness Effect? Can they be used together? Thoughts?

Thanks!

If you use them together you will notice your skin flickering as the two mods fight one another.  I was testing just now by jumping in some water and walking next to a light; with both on, I could see my character's specular texture flickering every few seconds, with only one on it doesn't happen.  Shame because I really like the wet effect on armor/clothing and hair.

Edited by redeyesandlonghair
6 minutes ago, redeyesandlonghair said:

If you use them together you will notice your skin flickering as the two mods fight one another.  I was testing just now by jumping in some water and walking next to a light; with both on, I could see my character's specular texture flickering every few seconds, with only one on it doesn't happen.  Shame because I really like the wet effect on armor/clothing and hair.

hmm, with Wet&Cold I also get wet gear. 
and no issues with wetfunction at all

Edited by Nymra
  • 2 weeks later...

I am playing on sse 1.5.97 , have all the necessary dependencies installed but thid mod dows not seems to work. MCM shows up, and I can configure / change specular gloss value.

But nothing seems to be applied to any npc or pc or followers.  The soaking wet mod applies the gloss effect nicely when the conditions are made but this mod does not seems to apply any visual changes. Tried uninstalling soaking wet, reinstalling skse and papyrus but no solution.

Can anybody help fix the issue?

Mod works really well - but for some NPCs where it works perfectly on their bodies but not their head. Any idea what setting must be missing in facegen or whatever to adjust that? Unfortunately it is all of the NPC's added by a very popular Nexus Mods author.

Loving this mod and no issues with it working or with the MCM.

Does this mod prevent dirtiness textures from Bathing in Skyrim from showing?  My character seems dirty enough for them to show but don't see anything.  Ruling out this recent installation before trying other troubleshooting.

Thanks for any assistance.

On 6/25/2022 at 2:25 PM, Caithness said:

Mod works really well - but for some NPCs where it works perfectly on their bodies but not their head. Any idea what setting must be missing in facegen or whatever to adjust that? Unfortunately it is all of the NPC's added by a very popular Nexus Mods author.

While the mod is working - my issue above is its downfall. Got a lot of characters with sweat running off their bodies, but with dry faces  - certain mod authors seem to have setups for their follower mods that just don't accept the wetness textures on their heads, and as I have perhaps 100 + key NPC replacers and followers from that author, it looks really odd. A fairly significant number of other mods have mismatched hand and feet sweatiness, but well within tolerable levels - you actually have to search to notice it usually.

For those who can't see the MCM menu like me you can put these scripts inside Wet Function folder and let overwrite everything this should fix the issue. Make sure you create a new game so the menu appear or you can try to fix it with existing game if you know what you're doing. It probably only on Anniversary Edition since that's what I'm using but you can try SSE too.

scripts.rar

Edited by lol954
On 4/24/2020 at 11:09 PM, Modsszzz said:

UPDATE: I finally got it working. I don't mean to sound like I'm bitching, but I am not happy. After getting fed up with everything I disabled enhanced blood, ECE, and baddogs hoodie schlongs before resetting the WetFunction data with Racemenu installed. I got it working and I reinstalled the three mods above with it. It works, the textures feel a little more transparent than I remember but it works. Heres the problem: I tried removing the Racemenu and RacemenuPlugin .esps, but doing this broke Wet Function and now I have to leave them on. This is a little bit of a hassle because I have to make sure they're disabled everytime I want to edit a character. The installation for Wet Function as described on the first post says the mod only requires the .bsa file and the SKSE plugins, but I can clearly see that the .esp files (which alter character creation) are what makes WF work now. I know it wasn't like this before, so there is obviously something different with the update. Sorry for the rant, I'm exhausted because I've spent so many days troubleshooting this when it would be so much easier if I could just grab older files. I really hope this gets fixed so I can uninstall the Racemenu esps, I'm lazy to my core and I am not a fan of tedious work. Anyways, heres a screenshot showing that it's working now.

TLDR: The problem I had is that the mod requires Racemenu.esp and RacemenuPlugin.esp to be installed on your Skyrim, even though the instructions say only the .bsa and SKSE scripts are required.20200424210009_1.jpg.3f0fca4202ced9e550d3610b3fcbc837.jpg

How did you get the esps, I can't seem to figure out how to find them

ATTENTION! i found solution to fix stutter when texture swap happens! Need to set start effect to 0, but developer must make new setting in MCM for disable dry function. it means when function "Start effect" is 0, function "dry" must be ignored. For game this will work like you allready wet, but visually you not. And mod will be change texture on load save file and thats it! Just make "texture swaping"to work everytime (i mean texture swap must load texture only once at load game), but not by triggers. Triggers will works only to change wetness strengh. Please try to make update with this "conceptual" fix )

Edited by TenkatsuQ
On 6/4/2022 at 12:04 PM, Sandatharius said:

From reading the mod description, it doesn't look like you need both. They both appear to do very similar things, and have similar features. The description states:

"A SKSE64 plugin that makes characters and their gear appear wet when in water and optionally in the rain or snow. Works on player and NPCs with seamless soak/dry transitions and adjustable shine level."

That to me, says that it will go from dry to moist to wet to saturated the same as WFR. WFR does that as well, in stages. So, my guess is that you indeed, don't need both.

The only difference is that apparently, it adds it to clothes and armour as well. I don't think WFR added the wet texture to clothing & armour. It didn't when I used it.

Looks neat and modernized and all, but as it lacks sexlab/dd/zaz triggers, eh, I'll pass.  For now.

On 7/21/2022 at 11:37 AM, TenkatsuQ said:

ATTENTION! i found solution to fix stutter when texture swap happens! Need to set start effect to 0, but developer must make new setting in MCM for disable dry function. it means when function "Start effect" is 0, function "dry" must be ignored. For game this will work like you allready wet, but visually you not. And mod will be change texture on load save file and thats it! Just make "texture swaping"to work everytime (i mean texture swap must load texture only once at load game), but not by triggers. Triggers will works only to change wetness strengh. Please try to make update with this "conceptual" fix )

Does anyone have the script editing ability to implement this?

59 minutes ago, sirgilly said:

Does anyone have the script editing ability to implement this?

I think that the author of the mod could. I'm not strong in scripting, I would even say that I don't know what's there and how, but I'm ready to get into editing already written scripts. I also understand that fixing the stutter when changing the texture in some "usual" way would probably be difficult. But I know for sure that the method proposed by me will allow not to rewrite the entire mod from scratch, but only add one or two functions, and somehow make the activation principle "one-time", without changing the texture every time the status changes from "dry" to "wet" and vice versa. In principle, the mod works perfectly, with the exception of only the stutter when changing the texture, which means you can easily try to "mask" this problem, allowing you to freeze only at the time the save is loaded, and later only change the wetness values, and when the character is already almost completely dry - that is, to have almost a value of 0, then let there be a blocking of the minimum wetness value of 0.1. Then the character will in fact be considered a bit wet by the system, but visually it will be completely dry, since the mod changes the stages very smoothly. Maybe not as smooth as I really think, but during the game the character dries and gets wet very smoothly. But every time a character sweats and or gets wet in the water, enduring friezes is terribly infuriating.

Does anyone here know where i could find this wetskin texture or one similar? the 3d look to it makes it look 1000x better then the flat looking textures that's widely available, if these are just the usual wetskin texture and damn they really managed to fool me with how good they made it look.

f1ed6c_7cd70ff024204c7ca5c09e1d74e7845e~

f1ed6c_d7ecf4584c404d5f9b68961f77d66d89~

As soon as i saw them i just knew i have to have them for my self too, cause god damn do they look good.

Edited by zeldafrake
8 hours ago, zeldafrake said:

Does anyone here know where i could find this wetskin texture or one similar? the 3d look to it makes it look 1000x better then the flat looking textures that's widely available, if these are just the usual wetskin texture and damn they really managed to fool me with how good they made it look.

f1ed6c_7cd70ff024204c7ca5c09e1d74e7845e~

f1ed6c_d7ecf4584c404d5f9b68961f77d66d89~

As soon as i saw them i just knew i have to have them for my self too, cause god damn do they look good.

I find some textures, but its difficult to compare em. look at this b300bb5a031a30ad68d02b2c622444cbae0038ab463a2c8e0f570a392fb93ad0e6d55d31bd8e5c10you can see, logo is "Demonica". Maybe its very old and forgotten textures mod. But its gives more info to find it)

12 minutes ago, TenkatsuQ said:

I find some textures, but its difficult to compare em. look at this b300bb5a031a30ad68d02b2c622444cbae0038ab463a2c8e0f570a392fb93ad0e6d55d31bd8e5c10you can see, logo is "Demonica". Maybe its very old and forgotten textures mod. But its gives more info to find it)

For now i found one archive, but its from russian site, and inside i see one folder like "optional" and some folders inside on russian lang. But main files in english. And if you would use this textures, you need to rename texture files for Wet Function Redux or what you use/// If you want it, let me know, i upload file to google drive and post link here, or if you want directly to you

On 7/21/2022 at 8:37 PM, TenkatsuQ said:

For those who are only interested in the gloss effect and to make it clearly visible, to simulate at least somehow getting wet without freezing, you can use the "Cathedral Assets Optimizer" and compress all the textures in the folder of WetFuctionRedux to a size of 4x4. This way the size of the texture files will be incredibly small, and the mod will be able to change the texture relatively easily. I achieved the absolute absence of friezes when applying the effect when wet, but thus sacrificing the detailed texture of drops and so on. That is, with compressed textures, the skin of the character will have a distinct gloss and specular effects. It will look good in the game, but very simple and without any drops, etc. However, it will almost or completely eliminate the stutter when swapping textures.

wfr_compress.png

On 7/30/2022 at 8:55 PM, TenkatsuQ said:

For now i found one archive, but its from russian site, and inside i see one folder like "optional" and some folders inside on russian lang. But main files in english. And if you would use this textures, you need to rename texture files for Wet Function Redux or what you use/// If you want it, let me know, i upload file to google drive and post link here, or if you want directly to you

These also look quite good but from what i can see they don't look quite as good as the ones i posted pics off of, i found the pics on Daymarr Workshop | Skyrim Mods , Faylana outfit and sweet swimsuit, hope this info helps.

1 minute ago, zeldafrake said:

These also look quite good but from what i can see they don't look quite as good as the ones i posted pics off of, i found the pics on Daymarr Workshop | Skyrim Mods , Faylana outfit and sweet swimsuit, hope this info helps.

Yeah. I also found screenshots from mods with clothes, where the body also has very high quality textures of wetness and drops. But almost always, the authors of these mods do not leave links or even just the names of the mods that were used for screenshots. On the Nexus, the authors, on the contrary, often leave in the description links to the mods used for screenshots, but often those screenshots show only clothes and no wet textures. Well, they use face presets, body presets, basic body textures, cosmetics and hairstyles to the maximum.