• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2022 at 11:56 AM, zeldafrake said:

Does anyone here know where i could find this wetskin texture or one similar? the 3d look to it makes it look 1000x better then the flat looking textures that's widely available, if these are just the usual wetskin texture and damn they really managed to fool me with how good they made it look.

f1ed6c_7cd70ff024204c7ca5c09e1d74e7845e~

f1ed6c_d7ecf4584c404d5f9b68961f77d66d89~

As soon as i saw them i just knew i have to have them for my self too, cause god damn do they look good.

Finally found the wet skin textures, they are from fallout 4 and i only found them cuz i started playing fo4 modded again, here is a link to the dl site for those who want to check it out.

https://www.trophihunter.com/fallout4-mods/wet-skin

Well i got a wet skin mod from fallout 4 that i wish to be functional with wet function redux, so could someone help me out by renaming the necessary files and delete the unneeded ones.

I am not all that good when it comes to texture replacing so i hope someone more experienced is willing to help me out

I would appreciate all the help.

Thanks.

Link for the website of the mod: https://www.trophihunter.com/fallout4-mods/wet-skin

Pic below is an example of how should look like.

Edited by zeldafrake

Never played FO4, but as far as I understand from the mod you linked FO4 uses a different lighting technique. In Skyrim the subsurface texture uses black or white color. Where white reflects light and black does not (everything in between reflects different amounts of light). It seems as FO4 is using a different approach where different colors reflect light different. This might be why the linked mod maybe has a more realistic wetness effect.

On a side node, it seems you uploaded the linked mod in your post. The author of the mod states on his site, that the mod shall not be uploaded elsewhere. So maybe remove the file in your post.

36 minutes ago, kle500 said:

Never played FO4, but as far as I understand from the mod you linked FO4 uses a different lighting technique. In Skyrim the subsurface texture uses black or white color. Where white reflects light and black does not (everything in between reflects different amounts of light). It seems as FO4 is using a different approach where different colors reflect light different. This might be why the linked mod maybe has a more realistic wetness effect.

On a side node, it seems you uploaded the linked mod in your post. The author of the mod states on his site, that the mod shall not be uploaded elsewhere. So maybe remove the file in your post.

What i am after is the droplet effect from the mod since it just looks better then what you can normally find for skyrim, since it has a 3d like look to it kinda like when water droplets form on windows.

1 hour ago, zeldafrake said:

What i am after is the droplet effect from the mod since it just looks better then what you can normally find for skyrim, since it has a 3d like look to it kinda like when water droplets form on windows.

Thanks for finding that and sharing. If you figure it out please share on here too as that does look great and I'd be interested in getting it going in Skyrim as well.  For the link, I think you should be OK. You're not uploading the mod here, just linking to the creators website.

11 hours ago, deepcool said:

Thanks for finding that and sharing. If you figure it out please share on here too as that does look great and I'd be interested in getting it going in Skyrim as well.  For the link, I think you should be OK. You're not uploading the mod here, just linking to the creators website.

Porting it to skyrim should be possible since daymar has already done it, just need someone to make it more available for everyone else.

for those using this and SDA it is NOT wetfuntion redux that is breaking SDA but how SDA has its sexlab patch did. basicaly due to way  sda has its sexlab patch setup some mods that depend on tieing into the sexlab thread creation are  causing sda to not work on romance scenes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2022 at 12:21 PM, zeldafrake said:

Well i got a wet skin mod from fallout 4 that i wish to be functional with wet function redux, so could someone help me out by renaming the necessary files and delete the unneeded ones.

I am not all that good when it comes to texture replacing so i hope someone more experienced is willing to help me out

I would appreciate all the help.

Thanks.

Link for the website of the mod: https://www.trophihunter.com/fallout4-mods/wet-skin

Pic below is an example of how should look like.

I've dl'd the files linked and was wondering if instructions on how to include this into Skyrim are available?  I'm using 1.5.97.

Hey guys quick question. The mod itself seems to be running almost perfectly for me except for the fact that I can see a (barely noticeable) neck seam when the wet texture is applied. Is this 'normal'? It's not super obvious, nor is it so hard to see that you have to zoom in and squint your eyes. It becomes more noticeable under different lighting conditions though, and easier to see when the character is naked. I use fair skin and rudy enb. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/28/2022 at 2:25 PM, vivalamememan said:

Hey guys quick question. The mod itself seems to be running almost perfectly for me except for the fact that I can see a (barely noticeable) neck seam when the wet texture is applied. Is this 'normal'? It's not super obvious, nor is it so hard to see that you have to zoom in and squint your eyes. It becomes more noticeable under different lighting conditions though, and easier to see when the character is naked. I use fair skin and rudy enb. 

I switched off the texture swaps in MCM after that it doesn't look as sweaty anymore but clearer. (also seems to cause problems with overlays from other mods (apropos, bathing ...))

I think its related to this:

On 8/28/2022 at 12:15 PM, Cursed Raccoon said:

So i am currently switching from LE to AE and tried to get this mod running even though the modpage says it's only meant for SE not AE. After installing everything worked fine but this one single exception: glossiness. for some reason only this setting is not working but everything else seems to run just fine. now i was wondering if there is a way to fix this.

Sorry if this question has been asked multiple times already, but i couldnt find this exact problem by quickly skimming through the last couple pages. So i was hoping one of you might be able to give me some insight to where this issue is coming from and how to solve it. Because i really dont want to not play with this amazing mod that i have been using on LE for the longest time.

?I thing we just missing glossiness (exepct for the head (sometimes....)(for some reasons^^))

+Im sorry, but this mod is one of the mods that has always been an MCM menu hell.?  Like SL Inflation Framework^^

Edited by mudda911

maybe im just a fool but on any elf race only the head, hands and feet get the effect but the body doesnt, any tips? i have nothing overwriting this mod.

Edit: I must have an overlayh issue becawuse on save load it will be applied but if equip then unequip armor it keeps getting applied and removed quickly

Edited by NeveRogue

Ok, that's a weird one. The wet textures correctly appear on the character, but only when positioning the camera very closely to the character (to the point of translucency). When I move the camera out, everything reverts to a completely dry state. So, the shading changes and with it go the wet textures.

What could it be?

Edited by AlphaAndOmega
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Idea: Is there a way to make it so that the effect is persistent while covered in X layers of cum? I use SLSO and SLACS, and with max stages, my character is obviously covered, but I found that this glossy effect looks nice with it and, to some degree, makes sense. just asking for a way to apply wet shader value based on cum stages applied, is all. Maybe it could be a part of the SL integration auto apply, but you can run a script at the very end that checks the number of layers to re-apply?