This is why I have problem with the Bethesda haters...a group of people put a hit list on Youtubers who doesn't hate Bethesda

nightwing100

Awhile ago someone pretend to be from Bethesda send a cease and desist mail to Youtuber Skullzi, after he contacted Bethesda they confirmed it was indeed a imposter, and he was later recieved death threat and an image of his house, after he contacted the authority the police has arrest one person who appears to be involved, and it also seems like it was a group efforts who put out a "hit list" targeting Youtubers who make content relate to Bethesda games and isn't on the hate train, one of them is Oxhorn who recently get heavily attack from those kind of people.

If you don't like Bethesda...fine, but Bethesda fans are NOT Bethesda, this is just nuts and hence why I hate the people who keep complaint about "muh RPG", it make me sick.

14 minutes ago, nightwing100 said:

why I hate the people who keep complaint about "muh RPG", it make me sick.

You're conflating superior authority by stereotyping people who stereotype other people, not exactly the pinnacle of superior moral positioning; you're literally putting yourself in the same category.

Maybe next time try learning what the words 'context' and 'case by case basis' mean.

Nothing is above ridicule or critique, including ridicule and critique.

Death threats are never okay. (Unless that person is actually (not "like", actually) Adolf Hitler, then threaten away! :D)

But don't go and assume that suddenly all Bethesda "haters" are like these assholes. The actions of a few cunts doesn't give you the right to label all the people who disagree with you.

First of all, if the situation even escalated this far, how much of the story do you not know.

Any one whom stands at a pinnacle point of popularity, be it youtube, instagram, and even here, are going to get haters. Even more so, some who will take it to another level. Be it stalking, hit list or whatever. You become popular, while you make friends, you make just as many enemies and some that are driven to push you back down. It's the internet, and a massive problem. At the same time, I agree with, 27X, doing the same thing other people, in this case stereotyping doesn't make anything better. I get where you are coming from, but this type of thing is internet normality at this point.

Before I get accused of stereotyping, try to point out what is stereotyping and what is the truth. <-----Truth being the keyword.

both side has gone way too far and this is the escalated result. How about the Bethesda lovers group would do the exact same thing. so both sides should just STFU.

Also could be Bethesda way of trying to get publicity of its back. After there bugfest game failout 76 i am no longer surpised about anything anymore.

2 hours ago, nightwing100 said:

Awhile ago someone pretend to be from Bethesda send a cease and desist mail to Youtuber Skullzi, after he contacted Bethesda they confirmed it was indeed a imposter, and he was later recieved death threat and an image of his house, after he contacted the authority the police has arrest one person who appears to be involved, and it also seems like it was a group efforts who put out a "hit list" targeting Youtubers who make content relate to Bethesda games and isn't on the hate train, one of them is Oxhorn who recently get heavily attack from those kind of people.

If you don't like Bethesda...fine, but Bethesda fans are NOT Bethesda, this is just nuts and hence why I hate the people who keep complaint about "muh RPG", it make me sick.

You're conflating everyone who dislikes Bethesda with the few people that are actually vile and potentially dangerous. That's a slippery slope, and you're not even at risk of falling anymore - you're half-way down!

The people who put a hitlist are vile and potentially dangerous, to be sure, but the vast majority of those who dislike Bethesda are not. You do not make such a distinction. Your title is "This is why I have a problem with the Bethesda haters". Not "Group of Bethesda haters put a hitlist on youtubers". No distinctions, nothing.

So congratulations, you got me defending Bethesda haters. I hope you're proud of yourself. And if you are wondering why would I ever defend them, well... "First they came for the Bethesda haters..."

Shit like this is nothing new. These types of death threat cases are actually more frequent than you might think. This isn't even a video game or Bethesda exclusive problem, literally any community you can think of has this problem. So while they may try to do harm, they may get close to succeeding, and may even succeed once if luck is on their side but they will not go far enough, nowhere close to how far they think they can, not many can and have. Sometimes this just happens, it's unfortunate but some people are just batshit crazy.

Eh, the internet is the worst thing to happen to mankind. It could have been amazing, people all the GLOBE could have been sharing thoughts and ideas and creating something amazing as a species. Instead we have death threaths over trivial matters and unbelievable bullshit conspiracy theories.

Oh well, i'm not even disappointed anymore.

Keep calm and enjoy the drama.

OP, you've demonstrated attitudes that are just as fanatical as the "Bethesda haters" you claim to dislike in other threads. You don't like people bashing Bethesda and that's fair. But posting defensive threads and holding to opinions without even trying to understand others' points of view is just as irrational as the "haters."

This is exactly the LL moderators lock topics like these. There are zealots on both sides of the argument who turn threads like this into platforms to spout their own views and drag down those who disagree with them. I hope a mod locks this thread and soon before that happens.

Archived