I uninstalled STA and repeated the same dozen sex animations. Had no dialogue playing this time and no change of behaviour of the surrounding NPCs. 
From what you describes I almost believe it could be the dummy thing. 

I m now checking if maybe the MCM is not showing the options that are actually set. 
I noticed that before and now for example gag talk chance is showing 20 but when I click on it to change it it shows 1. 

Maybe the dummy was activated even when it is off and so on. I ll report back. 

9 minutes ago, Nymra said:

I uninstalled STA and repeated the same dozen sex animations. Had no dialogue playing this time and no change of behaviour of the surrounding NPCs. 
From what you describes I almost believe it could be the dummy thing. 

I m now checking if maybe the MCM is not showing the options that are actually set. 
I noticed that before and now for example gag talk chance is showing 20 but when I click on it to change it it shows 1. 

Maybe the dummy was activated even when it is off and so on. I ll report back. 

Tempy above you reported the FoMod not installing properly. 

Try a manual install.

What mod manager do you use?

22 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

DFC has a small patch for STA. But it is no longer needed. So check STA is not being overwritten or reinstall STA again depending on your mod manager.

Slider works ok for me. 

I wonder if this was the cause of my problems on the SE version. Unfortunately had a drive failure and am having to redo my entire install for skyrim so may never know for certain what was the exact cause.

34 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

? That makes sense, but the comments are just so good.

Reveal hidden contents

Shortly before he got the new job in Skyrim:

external-content.duckduckgo_com.jpg.c4d7ac27495c3879868600e59df96242.jpg

Disabling the dummy doesn't disable comments. It just determines the source of the comments because of issue around getting the PC to say stuff (CTD issues)

Enabled -> it's the invisible dummy squawking.

Disabled -> comments come straight from the player

Personally I've never had any trouble with disabled. And like I say it's how the mod is meant to be used really. It's just because of the ctd issues that disabled is default. 

On 10/6/2020 at 8:51 PM, Monoman1 said:

Personally I've never had any trouble with disabled. And like I say it's how the mod is meant to be used really. It's just because of the ctd issues that disabled is default. 

Alright, I deactivate the dummy again and see if the comments remain. Not tried with STA 4.3 yet so there is still hope.

Wait... I think comments stopped working with deactivated Player Head Tracking Custom Voice Option removed ?

Wow, need to try that too right away and add PHTC voices again! ?

(Guess that's the same as praying to the Machine God ?)

EDIT:

Nope no comments for me with deactivated dummy since STA 3.9 ?‍♂️

Even worse, sometimes (very rare) the voiced comments come back and vanish again.

Is there an halfway easy way to completly disable the dummy in scripts or ESP?
I reinstalled the mod manually but the problem persists. 

no matter which settings (Dummy on/off) during every other Sex Scene the dialogue starts and the NPCs start to attack someone invisible next to the Scene. 

I want to know because I like to salvage the current save I have and keep Spank that Ass too (it is so dull playing without it :D) 

EDIT:
I made an interesting discovery:

- (with Dummy ON/OFF Does not matter)

- I am in Sex Scene and DONT change to Free Cam via Hotkey 
---> seems the dialogue does not appear (tested with a dozen consecutive scenes now)

IF 
I am in Sex Scene and use Free Cam and then the stage changes, the Dialogue starts and the NPCs start poking thin air. 
I could reproduce this with varring results but overall it was very reliable and ALWAYS started with the stage change (be it auto advance or hotkey advance)
Sometimes they only pick up weapons for a second and no dialogue,
sometiems the dialogue starts full swing. 
Always the same is this: as long as the dialogue runs they are poking :D
Maybe this helps track down the problem, hmm.

20201007011941_1.jpg

45 minutes ago, Nymra said:

Is there an halfway easy way to completly disable the dummy in scripts or ESP?
I reinstalled the mod manually but the problem persists. 

no matter which settings (Dummy on/off) during every other Sex Scene the dialogue starts and the NPCs start to attack someone invisible next to the Scene. 

I want to know because I like to salvage the current save I have and keep Spank that Ass too (it is so dull playing without it :D) 

EDIT:
I made an interesting discovery:

- (with Dummy ON/OFF Does not matter)

- I am in Sex Scene and DONT change to Free Cam via Hotkey 
---> seems the dialogue does not appear (tested with a dozen consecutive scenes now)

IF 
I am in Sex Scene and use Free Cam and then the stage changes, the Dialogue starts and the NPCs start poking thin air. 
I could reproduce this with varring results but overall it was very reliable and ALWAYS started with the stage change (be it auto advance or hotkey advance)
Sometimes they only pick up weapons for a second and no dialogue,
sometiems the dialogue starts full swing. 
Always the same is this: as long as the dialogue runs they are poking :D
Maybe this helps track down the problem, hmm.

20201007011941_1.jpg

Rielklings are unusually combative toward the dummy, I have noticed (Or at least back when I used the dummy.) 

3 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

Rielklings are unusually combative toward the dummy, I have noticed (Or at least back when I used the dummy.) 

I dont even care for the aggresssiveness :D, I just dont want the voiced dialogue during sex. I put alot of effort into having as little talking during sex as possible and more moaning already :P 

3 minutes ago, Nymra said:

I dont even care for the aggresssiveness :D, I just dont want the voiced dialogue during sex. I put alot of effort into having as little talking during sex as possible and more moaning already :P 

Can the invisible man be targeted and disabled in console? 

Small Update:

I deleted the "PC dummy" NPC entry in the ESP and the problem went away. 
No idea if now something else will blow up, but I dont use any PC related dialogue in STA anyway (mainly because of this bug and second because I strictly control which mod does what and when when it comes to voice. I just did not come around to alter the STA voice to my liking yet :D In general I really love that you put so much effort into getting real voiced comments in your mods. for me "text only" is basically not worth having at all). 

Btw if you want to try to reproduce:

My testing area was:

- Brinewater Grotto (North of solitude)
- Rieklings in Skyrim Mod 

the other conditions are explained in an earlier post (freecam during sex and stage change)

I also tried to modify the Dummies faction entries in the ESP but that did not yield any positive results.

The issue seems to be only with certain actors tho. 
Not a certain race, but maybe the faction is still a problem (some NPC have no faction at all, some mod factions have their own factions (for reasons that completly escape me but well...)

43 minutes ago, spinachedog said:

How would I go about increasing the "Fuck Back" and "Denigrate" reward timers to above 10 seconds?  Thanks.

Export your setting 

Then go into the STA json file* and change the number manually and save. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.defebf3bb369f1cbcced169797cc25ef.png

Spank That Ass\SKSE\Plugins\StorageUtilData\Spank That Ass\settings.json 

Then go back into the game and import settings. It should replace that setting with the one you put in the JSON

This is how I set the pain debuff to higher than the slider allows. 

35 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

Export your setting 

Then go into the STA json file* and change the number manually and save. 

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.defebf3bb369f1cbcced169797cc25ef.png

Spank That Ass\SKSE\Plugins\StorageUtilData\Spank That Ass\settings.json 

Then go back into the game and import settings. It should replace that setting with the one you put in the JSON

This is how I set the pain debuff to higher than the slider allows. 

This worked thanks.  I just spent an hour trying to edit the mcm script to allow it to go up to 60 seconds on the slider, and it wouldn't compile.  Thank god I checked back here.  Thanks!

On 10/11/2020 at 12:48 PM, Tempy said:

Could it be that I pressed install of the fomod to quickly before the unpack was completed? 

You mean you didn't wait until NMM finished to add the zip to it's mod folder?

If you are that quick, yes, that can mess up installation, but also would prevent NMM to install at all (so you wouldn't see a FOMOD).

Just asking because I hunt some oddities I have with STA and a messed up FOMOD would be something that could cause those, but the files install correctly, so I have to search somewhere else.

• 2 weeks later...