Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

11 hours ago, wollboi said:

I'm about 50/50 adore/despise Phoenix Compendium:

- Maybe I'm spoiled by Elden Ring, but the sound of walking around in heavy armor is a step down. I miss the jingle-jangle I had before installing it.

- For some reason, my character's footsteps sound normal while jogging, but while walking sounds like a dinosaur after Thanksgiving dinner.

- Horses, please STFU. The noises they make are constant.

+/- Some of the menu sound effects are good, some aren't.

+ Holy hell this music is so good.

Something must be wrong with my build because I've had two crashes and floating lanterns. Still, everything looks fantastic.

Edit - Crashes every time I get near the door to the college. Think I'm done with Skyrim for a bit.

Back in Oldrim days, crashing at the entrance doors of the College in Winterhold was a sign of Script overload and or borked scripts. Have you tried to run Resaver and see if you have a clean save at all?.

@trgdolors I think it was a plugin dependency issue. I ran Wrye and had a few plugins out of order. I managed to get into the college, although I went around the perimeter before running in so I don't know if that made a difference (I doubt it). There are some people with similar issues on Nexus, and it always ends up being a missing Lux plugin. I'm going to end up reinstalling Lux a lot. After that, I actually had a pretty good run without any crashes. No crashes in around two hours and then I stopped for the night. Rode around the map and everything looks great--from an immersion standpoint and a graphical standpoint. Absolutely blown the fuck away by the Whiterun city limits mod. I got turned around and lost ... IN WHITERUN?! Also went into a few of the CC interiors with no issue.

@Vortec It's a very new save so shouldn't be any leftover script shenanigans. Ran Resaver just in case and it didn't find anything, but I'm hoping it was just a jumbled plugin or two.

@Aylis_Temp I'd honestly love to go back to the old various armor mods. The AIO is very nice, but there are some great ones missing now. I forgot how ugly scaled armor is in this game. Also, I'm going to be slowly adding some mods back in as they're updated to see how they run in this new build in case you'd like to take a look at them or revisit them. As always, thanks for all  your hard work.

Edited by wollboi

There's a new edit for Equus that cuts down on the horse volume. I hope it does the same for the frequency, which I think is the real problem. [Apologies to Phoenix for blaming it for the horse noises, I forgot about this one.] I'm going to try it out.

New Female Giant looks neat. I'd say it's still immersive, especially the dirty version, but I still like the MNC version better.

This made me smile quite a bit.

Khajiit Has Wares doesn't play well with Ryn. That's a shame because it looked so nice and it would fit in very well. Hopefully there will be a patch.

If the Companion Questline Tweaks mod stays in, then Lilebonymace's patches would still be useful. It has a patch for it and USSEP.

Edited by wollboi
35 minutes ago, wollboi said:

I'd honestly love to go back to the old various armor mods.

It will end up going this way. The AIO saves us a few ESP (five ESP instead of one is a pain) but it has issues and i was unsuccessful fixing those so there doesn't seem to be a viable alternative.

People playing the game on potatoes might use the 2K version of Majestic Mountains.  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/78379  I haven't used that mod at this time though so I can't say how much performance improvement you would get (probably only help a lot if your low on VRAM) or how reduced the quality is.  If the new mod-list is very slow for me I'll probably give it a try.

5 hours ago, wollboi said:

Khajiit Has Wares doesn't play well with Ryn. That's a shame because it looked so nice and it would fit in very well. Hopefully there will be a patch.

I quick loaded the Ryn's Whiterun mod and yeah, wow! But obviously there will be several key mods that will need a patch. Hope someone with the skills steps up. Ryn does not seem inclined to take the time to do much patching themselves. They have an ambitious goal to cover so much of the game that you can't really blame them, but it will limit adoption of Ryn Skyrim.

@Aylis_Temp Most armor mods can be compacted/ESLed with ESPFE Follower - Eslify facegen and voices. Its easy once you read the directions. So you can lower the ESP count again. There is also the new ESL project, ESLify Everything - ESPFE and Mergify Everything. Its been getting lots of updates, but I have not tried to figure it out yet.

@axz2 I have been using the Jay Serpa Bandit Lines Expansion and it is really essential to reduce the dialogue repetition, so I imagine Civil War Lines Expansion is good, too.

Edited by trgdolors

Probably worth mentioning if you're going from the old version to the new AE version, make sure that you don't do like I did and assume that because you already have the mod in your load order that it is actually the correct mod. I had half a dozen that were named the same, but the links in the spreadsheet pointed to a different mod. Completely my fault, but unless you're starting completely over, double-check your old mods are what the new spreadsheet requires. If there's any doubt, just redownload it.

@axz2 @trgdolors Bandit Lines and Civil War Lines are indeed very good. Can't tell it's not the actual voice actors. And I'm reasonably sure I had a bandit tell me, "I'll fucking kill you." Which, in his defense, was probably completely justified.

I'm about ready to do terrible things to Todd Howard with a plastic fork.

So here I am, shopping for Skyrim and finding none.  Lo and behold, Grand-Old-Games is stlling in.  Well, they got my money, what'd I get?  Nothing.  A modlist I made n 2021 won't work.  I've tried the patches made by the guy who developed Wabbajack.

So...I know the L.L. community is famous for thinking out of the box thinking, now I'm A) asking, b) pleading, C) begging or D) alll of the above (choe whichever you like..  HELP!

Hi, I'm returning to skyrim after a year of hiatus. First thing I'd do is check Aylis' guide! I'm sorry to hear that you've lost your account Aylis :(

Since Aylis can't update the thread, would someone kindly let me know if there's any major changes? Should I still play SE or the AE version is more stable now? I'm thinking of making a clean installation if needed!

Thank you everyone.

@sweetrollskiwi I would personally go clean and use Aylis's spreadsheet. That's going to be the list going forward with AE, they all work with AE, and you'll save the hassle of downloading mods that you think will work with AE but haven't been updated yet. Go with the latest spreadsheet.

@DarthNyriss Not sure what you're asking. This thread is for using a load order that works and gets updated frequently. If you bought it off of GOG, you have AE, and the spreadsheet will work with AE. Don't use the list from the first page of this thread.

After reinstalling a lot of my already installed mods and messing with my load order, I'm extremely happy with the current list. Played for like six hours with only one crash, and that's apparently a documented thing between JK's College and Lux. Happens near the door to the Midden--or where it would be in the vanilla game. Even that didn't really bother me, and it just happened the once. Game looks better than ever.

I am having some issues with a CDT in Bleak Falls Burrow. Here is the crash log, any help would be appreciated. 

crash-2022-11-09-04-39-50.log crash-2022-11-09-06-50-01.log crash-2022-11-09-06-54-33.log

EDIT: I believe it has something to do with the Draugr Wight but I am not sure, this comes from the mod Cannibal Draugr on Solstheim (Bloodmoon Creature Restoration Project). But again I am unsure. 

Update: removed said mod and cleaned the save, did not help with a CDT after approaching the area within Bleak Falls Burrow. New crash log below.

crash-2022-11-09-08-27-53.log

Edited by blsrazor
Update

Working on:

Have been going through the tree setup again to improve the FPS. But there's a problem, once you've seen 'Nature of the Wild Lands' it is hard to change to something else. As, imho, it is the best mod for trees atm.

I can only strongly suggets that you use 'Less Vanilla Trees' in combination with it to improve your FPS. Even my old Radeon 570 can now produce playable framerates (no beautiful-but-sometimes-unplayable-slideshow anymore).

Looks like quite a few ENB (including ours) got a bug which breaks the LOD for water. Using 'MechanicalPanda's Water Lod Fix for ENB' fixes that.

The two additional patches for LUX arn't needed anymore. Seems that they were included in the new update. Don't forget to rework 'Config'.

Adding a few suggestions...

Edited by Aylis_Temp

@SzForsaidh

We got a patch for it.

Hair physics seem to work. Running more tests before i include those.

Works fine and 'Wind' too. Now i have to dig for patches for our NPC.

I'll be replacing 'Water for ENB' with 'Water Overhaul' and 'Simplicity of Sea'. With the improved reflections and the fixed borders this works better for us.

Kicked out a few housemods to prevent visual glitches (and nobody reading warnings). Added 'Overgrown Cottage'.

Adding 'Conditional Expressions'.

Edited by Aylis_Temp
16 hours ago, wollboi said:

@sweetrollskiwi I would personally go clean and use Aylis's spreadsheet. That's going to be the list going forward with AE, they all work with AE, and you'll save the hassle of downloading mods that you think will work with AE but haven't been updated yet. Go with the latest spreadsheet.

@DarthNyriss Not sure what you're asking. This thread is for using a load order that works and gets updated frequently. If you bought it off of GOG, you have AE, and the spreadsheet will work with AE. Don't use the list from the first page of this thread.

Thank you, I found the list! It seems to use OSex instead of SL though. May I ask if SL and its other features (like SL Approach, Aroused, Defeat... etc) aren't doing ok in AE?

46 minutes ago, sweetrollskiwi said:

May I ask if SL and its other features (like SL Approach, Aroused, Defeat... etc) aren't doing ok in AE?

They already were not working too well in SSE. Any update could break all other mods for sexlab and the installation alone wasn't that easy as it is now with OSex. On top of that the constant lag 'til a scene finally started and all the other issues.

OSex is way better in almost every other regard (i don't like its UI). Much faster and the scenes, even if they use the same animations, look imo much better.

53 minutes ago, Aylis_Temp said:

They already were not working too well in SSE. Any update could break all other mods for sexlab and the installation alone wasn't that easy as it is now with OSex. On top of that the constant lag 'til a scene finally started and all the other issues.

OSex is way better in almost every other regard (i don't like its UI). Much faster and the scenes, even if they use the same animations, look imo much better.

Thank you! I tried OSex a few years ago and I liked SL better as it was simpler and didn't take extra efforts to start the main scene like OSex does. Maybe it's different now. I'll give it a try again. Too bad SL Aroused, Approach, Dialogues...etc don't have Osex version. I would assume that since SL and OSex are different mods that were made for SL don't work with Osex without conversion? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

2 hours ago, sweetrollskiwi said:

... Aroused, Approach...

Will be added in the next update.

Which btw is almost done.

Nope, nobody has converted animations for those.

Addendum:

But in theory it should work. OSex started when i approached a giant, but couldn't find fitting animations and stopped. I had then to return to the main menu and load the last save.

Edited by Aylis_Temp