Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

29 minutes ago, sweetrollskiwi said:

I'm having issues with NPCs having brown/black hair with blond beards. Does anyone have the same problem?

Afraid it's facegen problem. Maybe you can use different NPC overhaul. As far as I know, there is Pride of Skyrim and Courageous Women that cover all NPCs.

Of course doing so requires new game. If you're far into the playthrough, i'd suggest to bear with it.

So, couple of updates with battling AE.

* Address Library got updated. That's big news and goes a long way to getting this thing back up and running.

* SOS has an unofficial update (the author hasn't been seen in three years I think). It seems stable in AE.

* Big thing for creature mod users is still JContainers. No planned updates so far, but I think we'll probably see one sooner or later.

* For some reason, I have blackface but I think I might have fixed that. I vaguely remember the same thing happened before and it was RaceMenu.

* My Skyrim logo on the menu is purple? I haven't noticed any other conflicting textures, so I'm confused about that. Did Skyrim change the color of the logo in AE? I noticed they changed it to a dark blue in some of the promotional material, but not sure about in-game.

* New SKSE 2.1.2 seems stable. I think the writer still considers it beta, so I'd expect we'll see updates here and there.

* New version of Sexlab has come out specifically tailored for AE. I tried both the old version and the new one and they seem stable, but I can't really delve too much deeper until we see some updates from other mods.

* I miss Skyrim.

6 hours ago, akadeadpool said:

Afraid it's facegen problem. Maybe you can use different NPC overhaul. As far as I know, there is Pride of Skyrim and Courageous Women that cover all NPCs.

Of course doing so requires new game. If you're far into the playthrough, i'd suggest to bear with it.

Thanks for your reply! I don't mind restarting, but I really like High Poly Head NPC Overhaul 2.0 and I'm wondering which mod could be conflicting that would result in that hair/beard with different color. I don't think I added in any NPC mods other than those suggested by Aylis, minus some hair (SG Hair, Yundao HDT Hair), eyes and skin textures.

4 hours ago, sweetrollskiwi said:

Thanks for your reply! I don't mind restarting, but I really like High Poly Head NPC Overhaul 2.0 and I'm wondering which mod could be conflicting that would result in that hair/beard with different color. I don't think I added in any NPC mods other than those suggested by Aylis, minus some hair (SG Hair, Yundao HDT Hair), eyes and skin textures.

It could also happen with a "bash" conflict resolution override patch mixing head's look settings from multiple plugins.  

41 minutes ago, SomeFriedHotStuff said:

For "Rally's All The Things" do we use the the AIO or Rally's Cut, and what options do we select in the FOMOD?

all the things, my personal choices were, page 2 i chose the ants, page 3 clean (brooms), glowing version for the drawknife, checked for farming tools, carved with env for the saws, new version for the honey pot, new vanilla (choose 1k or 2k, you know what your GPU can do better than i can), manhole cobblestone, ornate pillows, smim compatible for the inkwell, i picked the silver plated key, i couldn't see something like a secret guild inside a guild thats all about collecting money to NOT have a pretty artifact), scathrow i picked the red desaturated, 1k-2k on the werewolf totems, 2k on the water foam, Purple on the coffins, yes on clutter, the next page i left at default, 2k 2k for the blackreach mushrooms, checked for city market roofs, 2k on the dark brotherhood doors, 2k until page 25 there it was 2k roadsigns and no patches dark elf furnature was 1,1 2k, gold coin was whiterun-skyrim, yes on fishing pole, desaturated on hanging moss, i put none for the sign since i use whizkids signs, yes for the wall of heros and 2k on lava. 

But it is all your choice, you may not like what i chose, It's your call as to what is put in the options. 

9 hours ago, sweetrollskiwi said:

it might not be hph, it could be racemenu reading hair color wrong, if i use the aylis preset on a nord, her eyebrows are black while her hair is a deep red, blonde may be brown etc, if you don't mind post a screenshot of the dual colored gentleman and let us see what it looks like, could be clues on what is affecting it in there.

59 minutes ago, jaeos said:

all the things, my personal choices were, page 2 i chose the ants, page 3 clean (brooms), glowing version for the drawknife, checked for farming tools, carved with env for the saws, new version for the honey pot, new vanilla (choose 1k or 2k, you know what your GPU can do better than i can), manhole cobblestone, ornate pillows, smim compatible for the inkwell, i picked the silver plated key, i couldn't see something like a secret guild inside a guild thats all about collecting money to NOT have a pretty artifact), scathrow i picked the red desaturated, 1k-2k on the werewolf totems, 2k on the water foam, Purple on the coffins, yes on clutter, the next page i left at default, 2k 2k for the blackreach mushrooms, checked for city market roofs, 2k on the dark brotherhood doors, 2k until page 25 there it was 2k roadsigns and no patches dark elf furnature was 1,1 2k, gold coin was whiterun-skyrim, yes on fishing pole, desaturated on hanging moss, i put none for the sign since i use whizkids signs, yes for the wall of heros and 2k on lava. 

But it is all your choice, you may not like what i chose, It's your call as to what is put in the options. 

Thanks I appreciate your input! I thought there was a set way of things, but I guess it up to your choice.

8 hours ago, SomeFriedHotStuff said:

Thanks I appreciate your input! I thought there was a set way of things, but I guess it up to your choice.

texture sizes depend on your gpu, running a 2080 or equivalent, you can use a mix of 4k and 2k textures, a 1080 or equivalent use 1k textures, 3080 you can use 4k textures while still shooting for the same frame rate, Your Mileage May Vary. if it is to low you can re-install with lower textures and see what you get. A lot of mods are user choice, if you are going for the same look aylis has then the mods that matter will have the choices in the posts further down (i believe the biggest is the water, mine is mineralized blue/green but i believe aylis has the deep blue in screenshot.) nand the mountains are dark granite, you can pick anything you like but it will not look exactly like the screenshots, but thats also a good thing. If you do not like the choice, reinstall and check it. Just don't run dyndolod until you are happy with your choices. 

1 hour ago, jaeos said:

texture sizes depend on your gpu[...]

that is about as far as I agree with your estimation ?

for a heavily modded skyrim it is much more important that you try to stay within your GPUs dedicated vram. we know from various GPUs that were built with different generations of GDDR that i.e. gddr4 gpu looses as much as 50% of performance than the same gpu with gddr5. It is not much better when you start swapping into regular system ram. And it would be much much worse if this was not a ten year old game ?

this guilde at 1080p with 1k textures uses roughly 3.5gb of vram (last time I checked). If you napkin math it any increasement almost doubles the required vram (not quite because compression but still enough)

want to play at 1440p with 2k textures better have a 8gb card at the very least. I myself would not feel comfortable with less than 10gb.

ultrawide monitor? add another 50% of vram ?

9 hours ago, alaunus01 said:

that is about as far as I agree with your estimation ?

Have to agree here.  Been running an EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, 12GB for several years,  No issues w/ texture sizes, none.  Majority 4k, a few 2k, some 8k.  No discernible frame rate loss that wasn't directly attributable to scripts or physics.  Game ran like a champ up to 3.2.4, now some quest failures and other glitches, but NOT graphics or fps.

6 hours ago, Numa_Cway said:

i was about to share that.

@Aylis may sigh at yet another 30 runs of dyndolod but luckily this one seems to be a bit more friendly towards other stuff on our list

(still testing tho, it is a bit impactful on VRAM but nothing out of the ordinary for this kind of stuff)

Edited by Jessica_Degurechaff
50 minutes ago, Auxitism said:

I mean to ask , should i Dissect the FOMOD ? If not , should I have installed the FOMOD during the preinstall section ? I didn't cause the requirements don't come in until later sections 

Ok so what I did was , back track and install the ENB manually with options ( the non FOMOD download ) and then getting back on track in the FOUNDATION section I'm only installing the night sky part from the FOMOD . Any feedback or reassurance appreciated . Thanks in advance!

Edited by Auxitism
7 minutes ago, Auxitism said:

Ok so what I did was , back track and install the ENB manually with options ( the non FOMOD download ) and then getting back on track in the FOUNDATION section I'm only installing the night sky part from the FOMOD . Any feedback or reassurance appreciated . Thanks in advance!

Yeah, I had the same observation; where does this come from.  Still not sure what I did was right but here goes.

Created an empty mod and named it according to the guide and inserted the structure.

Rudy ENB Night Sky [mod name]
    Textures [a folder]
        Sky [a folder]
            skyrimgalaxy.dds
            skystars.dds

So far it looks like it's working.

3 minutes ago, remodel said:

Yeah, I had the same observation; where does this come from.  Still not sure what I did was right but here goes.

Created an empty mod and named it according to the guide and inserted the structure.

Rudy ENB Night Sky [mod name]
    Textures [a folder]
        Sky [a folder]
            skyrimgalaxy.dds
            skystars.dds

So far it looks like it's working.

ok , Thats what i did as well , thank you

Is there a reason Cutting Room Floor is not used?  Unless told otherwise or it's problematic I'm going to add it.  I know it'll require a lot of patches.

Right now, I'm trying to sort out the Area section of the guide and If my guess about CRF is right it should go to the top of the Area section.

I searched through the comments in the guide and found it mentioned once but couldn't find a response.

Edited by remodel