Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

27 minutes ago, Krimzen said:

Yeah, I built the 3BBB nude body/hands/feet with the Greek Goddess Nerfed Preset. 

Hide contents

835112571_GGNerfedBodyslide.png.828f31cc937df78b1869db96d1ef40e1.png

Great!

Assuming Aylis built his predone bodyslides with the same preset then you shouldn't need to rebuild all the armors.

Maybe create a female PC really quick, grab an outfit or two and check whether equipping/unequipping changes the body shape.

To your other question whether you have to rebuild Serana and Valerica. It depends on the replacer you're using.

Seranaholic for Serana and Valerica you have to rebuild their bodies because the mod uses a custom body.

Re-imagined Serana and Valerica you don't have to rebuild the body because they use the standard female body you've already built.

However if you rebuild it there's nothing that can go wrong. The mesh exists but just won't get used.

9 hours ago, Auxitism said:

how do I  turn on papyrus logging just before ?  or off before  ? 

Run the game and travel near the area that CTDs, shut down the game to the desktop.  Then just add these lines to Skyrim.ini or change the =0 to =1 if they already exist.
    [Papyrus]
    bEnableLogging=1
    bEnableTrace=1
    bLoadDebugInformation=1

You'll get a total of 3 papyrus logs in the save file folder.  Could be a save file sub-folder, I don't remember exactly, but they're easy to find.  A file is created every time you start up the game.  Once 3 files are written, logging then starts to overwrite the previous files in order. 

Be sure to turn these off when you have the issue solved.  The logs can get huge and are busy with entries as the game proceeds and become more difficult to troubleshoot.  Generally, the first entries are the mods starting up with a ton of warnings that can be ignored.  Search on "error" to find issues.  Some will be false positives.

I'm way behind you and slow because I read every mod description and many posts to figure the load.  I've also patched some things as I've gone along.  As good as this guide is, I found a couple of mods that could play together better.  I patched them to my liking.  One thing I'm sure of is; before I run the Dyndolod, I'm going to have everything working, including the ENB.  I've never used Dyndolod or ENB before and want to make sure everything works prior to trying.  I load roughly 5 mods from each section and test a bit. When I get each a section working, I do a more thorough test hit all major cities and some villages, before proceeding to the next.  I load "Alternate Start" early for testing and a mod not on the list "More Informative Console" for conflict resolution.  When I get to the PC section, it'll be all at once from CBBE through the skeletons, physics, 3BBB body, and BodySlides loaded into the proper sections.  The PC is the only time I'll load a whole section (plus) before testing. 

Edited by remodel
1 hour ago, remodel said:

Run the game and travel near the area that CTDs, shut down the game to the desktop.  Then just add these lines to Skyrim.ini or change the =0 to =1 if they already exist.
    [Papyrus]
    bEnableLogging=1
    bEnableTrace=1
    bLoadDebugInformation=1

You'll get a total of 3 papyrus logs in the save file folder.  Could be a save file sub-folder, I don't remember exactly, but they're easy to find.  A file is created every time you start up the game.  Once 3 files are written, logging then starts to overwrite the previous files in order. 

Be sure to turn these off when you have the issue solved.  The logs can get huge and are busy with entries as the game proceeds and become more difficult to troubleshoot.  Generally, the first entries are the mods starting up with a ton of warnings that can be ignored.  Search on "error" to find issues.  Some will be false positives.

I'm way behind you and slow because I read every mod description and many posts to figure the load.  I've also patched some things as I've gone along.  As good as this guide is, I found a couple of mods that could play together better.  I patched them to my liking.  One thing I'm sure of is; before I run the Dyndolod, I'm going to have everything working, including the ENB.  I've never used Dyndolod or ENB before and want to make sure everything works prior to trying.  I load roughly 5 mods from each section and test a bit. When I get each a section working, I do a more thorough test hit all major cities and some villages, before proceeding to the next.  I load "Alternate Start" early for testing and a mod not on the list "More Informative Console" for conflict resolution.  When I get to the PC section, it'll be all at once from CBBE through the skeletons, physics, 3BBB body, and BodySlides loaded into the proper sections.  The PC is the only time I'll load a whole section (plus) before testing. 

Depends on if you use profiles in MO2 or not. (for the .INI files)

If you do, the skyrim.ini is under MO2/profiles/name of profile/

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.2814c2c9217dde22a4d801fd5e86afcf.png

if not it is in the c:/users/user/documents/Mygames/Skyrim Special edition.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.8cc2407a60e7ed1510a1e9873a1e837e.png

I believe the papyrus logs are under the skse in c:/users/user/documets/mygames/skyrim special edition/skse

There will be a point you cannot do 5 mods and check unless you load mods out of order, I'm not 100% sure when it happens, but you will get a missing master warning and it will stay there until sexlab is installed. which is quite far down the list. I would suggest holding off on patches until the end when the fomod installers can read what you have installed and check the patches you need accordingly. Might save you some time.

Edited by jaeos
4 hours ago, jaeos said:

I would suggest holding off on patches until the end when the fomod installers can read what you have installed and check the patches you need accordingly. Might save you some time.

Yup, true for the most part.  One exception is the placement of static practice dummies by mods like JK's that don't play with Training Dummies Give XP; although, there were a couple of Combat Dummies that do work.  Training Dummies Give XP creates it's on archery target, so the mod must be a master to the patch so the archery target will work in the mod.  Some targets just can't be patched. I looked ahead to the patch section and didn't see a patch for them.  So, I made some.  If you add a house mod or two and additional towns you're likely to need patches, especially immersive fallen trees (every Nexus patch I found was broke for this mod).  I make these patches for every house and town mod I load.

When I loaded the textures files I got several FOMOD patches/special textures for some of the things I added.  So, thanks for the heads up on installers fixing some things  

Also, I added Lootable Crates and had to make a ton of patches for it.  Lootable crates doesn't fit with the theme of this guide so I haven't mentioned it.  I like a little more treasure. Just wish the crates were more situational like food and serving stuff for Inns or ingots and pelts for smithies. Anyhow, I'm more than willing to share my patches (they're all ESL), but I won't post unless I get permission. This is not my guide and I'm grateful for it.  So, thanks again.

@wickedkat Still waiting on an update to JContainers for several mods to work. From what I've tested, that seems to be the only thing that's keeping it held back.

@Auxitism Remember that papyrus isn't a crash log. Crashing in a certain spot is usually because of conflicting meshes. You can load all of your mods in SSEEdit and try to find conflicts, but that's probably pretty tough for an outside area. I'd disable a section of the list at a time, try to run to it and see if it CTDs. When it doesn't, you've found the section that contains the problem mod and you can narrow it down.

Check C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\SkyrimSE\mods\.NET Script Framework\NetScriptFramework\NetScriptFramework.log.txt for messages for pre-cached grass errors. If you're making it to 71%, it may actually be done. That's usually where mine stops before the log will indicate that it finished. It's a weird mod.

1 hour ago, wollboi said:

@wickedkat Still waiting on an update to JContainers for several mods to work. From what I've tested, that seems to be the only thing that's keeping it held back.

@Auxitism Remember that papyrus isn't a crash log. Crashing in a certain spot is usually because of conflicting meshes. You can load all of your mods in SSEEdit and try to find conflicts, but that's probably pretty tough for an outside area. I'd disable a section of the list at a time, try to run to it and see if it CTDs. When it doesn't, you've found the section that contains the problem mod and you can narrow it down.

Check C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\SkyrimSE\mods\.NET Script Framework\NetScriptFramework\NetScriptFramework.log.txt for messages for pre-cached grass errors. If you're making it to 71%, it may actually be done. That's usually where mine stops before the log will indicate that it finished. It's a weird mod.

When it finished did it make a ding and just trun the screen black with the only way to get rid of the game window and out was to hit the windows key and use the start menu to restart your system ?  That's what concerns me . I find no logs after that happens so the last two times I just thought that it finished as i read about that in a few google searches 

also .... and I never did this last time and probably me just being neurotic  but in this guide it recommends merging some it the notes and other it list separately . This time I've been merging if they are from the same mod page and are listed right after each other . I hope thats not dumb . I check the file structure and it seems fine

For instance , 

Simply Realistic Armor and Weapons

?I recommend to merge 'SRAW - Dragonscale and Dragonbone Armor' into it

I also merge in the patches and the weapons all in one aswell . In proper order that is

Edited by Auxitism
3 minutes ago, Auxitism said:

also .... and I never did this last time and probably me just being neurotic  but in this guide it recommends merging some it the notes and other it list separately . This time I've been merging if they are from the same mod page and are listed right after each other . I hope thats not dumb . I check the file structure and it seems fine

For instance , 

Simply Realistic Armor and Weapons

?I recommend to merge 'SRAW - Dragonscale and Dragonbone Armor' into it

I also merge in the patches and the weapons all in one aswell . In proper order that is

Capeless Vampire Royal Robes

Capeless Vampire Royal Robs - No Pauldron

These are listed with out a merge note but i merge them 

3 hours ago, remodel said:

Yup, true for the most part.  One exception is the placement of static practice dummies by mods like JK's that don't play with Training Dummies Give XP; although, there were a couple of Combat Dummies that do work.  Training Dummies Give XP creates it's on archery target, so the mod must be a master to the patch so the archery target will work in the mod.  Some targets just can't be patched. I looked ahead to the patch section and didn't see a patch for them.  So, I made some.  If you add a house mod or two and additional towns you're likely to need patches, especially immersive fallen trees (every Nexus patch I found was broke for this mod).  I make these patches for every house and town mod I load.

When I loaded the textures files I got several FOMOD patches/special textures for some of the things I added.  So, thanks for the heads up on installers fixing some things  

Also, I added Lootable Crates and had to make a ton of patches for it.  Lootable crates doesn't fit with the theme of this guide so I haven't mentioned it.  I like a little more treasure. Just wish the crates were more situational like food and serving stuff for Inns or ingots and pelts for smithies. Anyhow, I'm more than willing to share my patches (they're all ESL), but I won't post unless I get permission. This is not my guide and I'm grateful for it.  So, thanks again.

Actually if you make patches for mods that are all on this guide and you want to share them, post them, along with where in the LO they need to be, if they fix shit aylis is "just living with" they will be gladly posted to the front page along with credits, or, you could make your own mod page and submit them and aylis will link to them if they  are what is needed. Might bring a few bucks in the tip jar, @Ayliswould be able to explain it better than I can.

1 hour ago, Auxitism said:

Capeless Vampire Royal Robes

Capeless Vampire Royal Robs - No Pauldron

These are listed with out a merge note but i merge them 

It's up to you, merging mods just makes your list shorter, but if one updates and the other does not, you will need to re-install both to remerge. I wouldn't remember that in 2 weeks, much less 6 months when i actually do upgrade some mods. So i leave them separated and in the order they need to be and leave it. PSA. don't do stupid shit with your head when you're younger kids.. ?

I made a patch to fix jK’s Skyrim and Training Dummies Provide XP.  There are 3 static practice dummies and 2 static archery targets in Riverwood that do not work with Dummies Provide XP. Additioanally there are 2 static practice dummies that don’t work with Dummies Provide XP in Castle Dour.  The Patch makes the dummies and targets active with Dummies Provide XP so that the PC gains experience while training with them.

The patch makes both jK’s Skyrim and Training Dummies Provide XP masters and must be loaded below both.  I placed it in the patch section towards the top, but I don’t think where in the patch list it’s loaded as long as it’s below jK’s Skyrim and Training Dummies Provide XP.

One additional note: Capital Windhelm Expansion uses several static practice dummies with snow texturing that I did not patch because it would have changed the dummy model to one without snow.  There are 2 working combat dummies at the pit.

If you find a dummy that doesn't work, respond to this post and I'll see if I can patch it.  just let me know where it is.  These mods place a lot of objects and it's easy to overlook one.  Not all archery targets can be patched.

JK'sSkyrim-TrainingXP Patch.7z

6 hours ago, darthnoldor said:

Hi Friends,

I'm installing skyrimSE again but I can't download "SexLab Aroused Redux 29b Baka edition" from the link of this post (google drive error), can you give me a working link?
Thanks ??

@AylisHere is the link from the conversion thread for the baka edition. Rather than using the google drive link. It has the google drive link listed as a requirement, I got it DL but i don't know if i can post it, If not let me know and i'll remove it 

Question about HIMBO.

Does " The 'Physics Addon' is NOT required " mean don't install?  What kind of hit will it have on FPS would you expect with a 11th gen i7 processor and 3080 Nvidia card?

CBPC can simulate SOS physics but there is no collision and it's a little kludgie.

6 hours ago, remodel said:

Question about HIMBO.

Does " The 'Physics Addon' is NOT required " mean don't install?  What kind of hit will it have on FPS would you expect with a 11th gen i7 processor and 3080 Nvidia card?

CBPC can simulate SOS physics but there is no collision and it's a little kludgie.

i would not worry about FPS, i have a RTX3070 and an i7-8700K and i almost never drop from 60-55 FPS even while using the max quality textures (16K) and using quite high configs on dyndolod and texgen. 

6 hours ago, remodel said:

Question about HIMBO.

It means if you don't want to add it, you're ok, it's not required for the mod to work.

I followed the guide and everything worked until i got to DYNDOLOD. I've tried both version 3 and 2.88. Everytime i run TexGenx64 it gets a error saying:

Error copying textures\dungeons\imperial\impextwall01_n.dds to  C:\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\dungeons\imperial\impextwall01ice_n.dds

I've also tried running it in admin mode, same error.

As for DYNDOLODx64 itself, first of all it's not like in Aylis print, it does not have some of it's options. Second, i always get this error:

Exception in unit userscript line 249: '$;;Far LO' is not a valid integer value.

I have absolutely no idea on how to proceed. Any help will be appreciated!

1 hour ago, MatMendes said:

I followed the guide and everything worked until i got to DYNDOLOD. I've tried both version 3 and 2.88. Everytime i run TexGenx64 it gets a error saying:

I've also tried running it in admin mode, same error.

As for DYNDOLODx64 itself, first of all it's not like in Aylis print, it does not have some of it's options. Second, i always get this error:

I have absolutely no idea on how to proceed. Any help will be appreciated!

Everything is centered around Version 3 , so 1st confirm you have the program x64 unless your from 2002 , and that its version 3,0 as well as the resources you get for it .

The other thing about the option is I can confirm they are as in the screens here BUT like me you may have your screen text scaled up . Check to see if its at 100

One other thing I thought of , since I'm doing this step right now , is after you run texgen , make sure you add the out put in a mod and enable it 

Side note :  Apparently I'm a dirty bird for being in this forum but its my favorite place to stop by

tempsnip.jpg

Edited by Auxitism
I thought of something else