Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

These options are not in the installer so I'm confused as how to proceed

Capture.PNG

SMIM is there . There is also a JKs Riverwood patch , the rest aren't there. 

Incase anyone else has this question

With this new 4.0 version LoS II - Tamriel Master Lights.esp has been merged with Lanterns Of Skyrim II.esm and this makes it a complete overhaul of all Skyrim exterior lighting system.

Edited by Auxitism
Explanation found

On certain female NPC I having this texture issue with the genitalia.

On Aela the Huntress for example:

857796084_AelaTextureIssue.png.875f3626c4a7622f4b32613f06fa08e3.png

Does anyone know why this is?

Edit: Also I'm using the character model replacers from the guide like Shield Sisters Re-Imagined SE & Seranaholic. May factor into this issue.

Edited by Krimzen
9 hours ago, Krimzen said:

Hide contents

Edit: Also I'm using the character model replacers from the guide like Shield Sisters Re-Imagined SE & Seranaholic. May factor into this issue.

Missing Vag texture.

You need to include the name of your body texture and body mesh mods in your help request.

3BAv2 body vag is a separate mesh and texture and has less issues with body skins texture mods.  

Variant of CBBE SE body meshes that are older than 3BA, look for the vag texture in the body skin files and may need the Textblend treatment.  Similar issue with UUNP variants.  Issue occurs because some variant body meshes look in different texture location for the vag but share the body UV.  

Also, the issue could be a custom body from a replacer NPC mod, for example Bijin Warmaidens.  Shield Sisters Re-Imagined do not looks like is using custom body but I do not use it and Do Not Know. 

If you are using 3BAv2 then the issue is missing the textures on folder "textures\actors\character\female\":

• femalebody_etc_v2_1.dds
  • femalebody_etc_v2_1_msn.dds

• femalebody_etc_v2_1_sk.dds

• femalebody_etc_v2_1_s.dds

Only 3BAv2 use those. 

Edited by safado
On 11/22/2021 at 11:21 PM, Numa_Cway said:

Last time I checked Serpentine Tides the xml was so full of mistakes (check the posts on Nexus) it was non-functional and 3BA reverted back to CBPC even with SMP activated.

3BA had an update 2 or 3 days ago including new physics settings. Check them out, maybe there's something for you.

There's 3 options each for 4 breast sizes, so 12 in total to choose from. Check the optional files for physics config, that way to don't have to reinstall the complete 3BA every time.

Or do it like me and install every XML as its own mod. I'm still comparing myself and undecided which I like best.

Holy moly the new 3BA and CBPC is really good in itself I didn't have to run any seperate XMLs besides adjusting for the size of my bodyslide preset.

Hi there, I did this guide sometime in feb/march but my drive died and now I dont have any load order. I have about 85GB of mods but they are all sorted by name. Can anyone share their modlist for MO2? I just cant imagine sorting it all again. I checked and Im pretty sure the last update I did was 3.1.4. Besides updating the list itself, should I update some of the mods by re-downloading or its not necessary unless stated by the "Update Post"? Im still on the "old" special edition, as the pc was offline for some time (not planning to update).

5 hours ago, safado said:

Missing Vag texture.

You need to include the name of your body texture and body mesh mods in your help request.

3BAv2 body vag is a separate mesh and texture and has less issues with body skins texture mods.  

Variant of CBBE SE body meshes that are older than 3BA, look for the vag texture in the body skin files and may need the Textblend treatment.  Similar issue with UUNP variants.  Issue occurs because some variant body meshes look in different texture location for the vag but share the body UV.  

Also, the issue could be a custom body from a replacer NPC mod, for example Bijin Warmaidens.  Shield Sisters Re-Imagined do not looks like is using custom body but I do not use it and Do Not Know. 

If you are using 3BAv2 then the issue is missing the textures on folder "textures\actors\character\female\":

Only 3BAv2 use those. 

I'm using Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Enhancer - v1.6.2.  The CBBE 3BA version I have is 2.06. 

Also the skin texture I'm using is Bijin Skin - CBBE version 1.4 if you need that as well.

Apparently according to the Shield Sisters Re-Imagined nexusmods page the mod is using its own body textures.

"For maximum compatibility, they will use whatever body you have installed, be it CBBE, UNP, Nevernude, etc.
They will use their own textures, of which you have options for CBBE or UNP based bodies.
"

I checked the mod and the folder "textures/0Shield Sisters/Body" seems to be missing the following texture files you mentioned: 

So should I just copy these files from 3BAv2 to Shield Sisters to fix the issue?

Edited by Krimzen
13 hours ago, Ahtala said:

Hi there, I did this guide sometime in feb/march but my drive died and now I dont have any load order. I have about 85GB of mods but they are all sorted by name. Can anyone share their modlist for MO2? I just cant imagine sorting it all again. I checked and Im pretty sure the last update I did was 3.1.4. Besides updating the list itself, should I update some of the mods by re-downloading or its not necessary unless stated by the "Update Post"? Im still on the "old" special edition, as the pc was offline for some time (not planning to update).

modlist.txt Load order is just your plugins, modlist is all of your mods. loadorder.txtplugins.txthere's all 3 of mine, but i will not have some things you do, and will have a few mods you do not. A better option is (if you have all the downloads) is wipe the installed mods and reinstall by filetime on the downloads. I don't update mine very often due to the mantra "if it ain't broke, don't mess with it" 

11 hours ago, Krimzen said:

I'm using Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Enhancer - v1.6.2.  The CBBE 3BA version I have is 2.06. 

Also the skin texture I'm using is Bijin Skin - CBBE version 1.4 if you need that as well.

Apparently according to the Shield Sisters Re-Imagined nexusmods page the mod is using its own body textures.

"For maximum compatibility, they will use whatever body you have installed, be it CBBE, UNP, Nevernude, etc.
They will use their own textures, of which you have options for CBBE or UNP based bodies.
"

I checked the mod and the folder "textures/0Shield Sisters/Body" seems to be missing the following texture files you mentioned: 

So should I just copy these files from 3BAv2 to Shield Sisters to fix the issue?

This is the body i use for aela

New Body for Aela v3.2.7z

You can also do as you asked and go into the 3bbb and copy those 4 files and rename them to the ones listed (you will add "etc_v2_" into the file names) you will need to open them into paint and make sure they have the missing texture. New body for aela has her with 2 tattoos added on her one you can see as a peekaboo on her back, the other is at her crotch 

I’ve been working on the Area mods part of the guide for a while now because I added few a mods that required quite a bit of patching for complete compatibility.  Well, I have got them all working.

One mod is Hunters Cabin of Riverwood SE, which is a starter home you must earn through a quest.  There’s a nice usable, early game, bow in the cabin that’s not overpowered.  I really like this mod because it has a practice dummy and archery target that can be made compatible with Training Dummies Provide XP SSE Port.
Hunters Cabin of Riverwood SE has a conflict with Immersive Fallen Trees SSE where a fallen tree sits on top of the outside fire pit and cooking pot.

I have made two patches I can post here that make Hunters Cabin of Riverwood SE compatible with this guide if Aylis or a moderator approves me posting them.

15 hours ago, Krimzen said:

"

Try copying the textures from:    "***SkyrimGame***\Data\textures\actors\character\female\"

If the textures are not in that folder, then that's the problem.

Get a copy from CBBE 3BA (3BBB) but use the CBBE 3BA Vagina Textures Set Reinstaller  in optional files.  Any choice is good.

Please post result, I looked at the "Shield Sisters Re-Imagined CBBE" plugin with xEdit and could not find why the vagina textures are not loaded. Only the torso, hand, feet textures are replaced and should not interfere with the 3BA_Vagina default texture referenced in mesh.

I'm guessing you do not have them installed with the 3BA main mod.   Your Primary Female Character has the same issue? or is only "Shield Sisters Re-Imagined CBBE" NPC overrides?

List of NPCs overridden by the mod and use custom body textures over default body mesh (nakedtorso, nakedhand, nakedfeet). 

• Legate Rikke
  • Mjoll the Lioness
  • Delphine
  • Annekke Crag-jumper
  • Irileth
  • Adelaisa Vendicci
  • Eola
  • Borgakh the Steel Heart
  • I-Igor
  • Aela the Huntress
  • Njada Stonearm
  • Brelyna Maryon
  • Aranea lenith
  • Uthgerd the Unbroken
  • Lydia
  • Jordis the Sword-Maiden
  • Iona
  • Jenassa
  • Ingjard
  • Beleval
  • Rayya
  • Frea

Edited by safado
17 hours ago, jaeos said:

This is the body i use for aela

New Body for Aela v3.2.7z 18.28 MB · 2 downloads

You can also do as you asked and go into the 3bbb and copy those 4 files and rename them to the ones listed (you will add "etc_v2_" into the file names) you will need to open them into paint and make sure they have the missing texture. New body for aela has her with 2 tattoos added on her one you can see as a peekaboo on her back, the other is at her crotch 

Thanks jaeos though I think textures are missing for all the female npc who have been replaced with the Shield Sisters Re-Imagined  for some reason. I checked Lydia too and her vagina texture is missing.

14 hours ago, safado said:

Try copying the textures from:    "***SkyrimGame***\Data\textures\actors\character\female\"

If the textures are not in that folder, then that's the problem.

How would I go about accessing this particular folder? In my Skyrim Data folder there are various .bsa "Textures" files as you can see here:

901385385_datafolder.png.25b6de0a97e0a6a72d143985cf6d39fc.png

14 hours ago, safado said:

I'm guessing you do not have them installed with the 3BA main mod.   Your Primary Female Character has the same issue? or is only "Shield Sisters Re-Imagined CBBE" NPC overrides?

Sorry can you elaborate on what you mean by not having them installed with the 3BA main mod? Could I have installed 3BA incorrectly?

My current playthrough is with a male dragonborn so not sure. The issue seems to be with only the "Shield Sisters Re-Imagined CBBE" NPC overrides so far. The vagina textures are working fine for female npc not affected by this mod. I even have the Sofia follower mod installed and her texture is fine. 

This is the Shield Sisters mod's female body texture folder:

1450044638_SSistersBodyTextures.png.54f3b7cde531ce184b0eac020c73f82f.png

And this is the CBBE 3BA (3BBB) mod's female body texture folder:

242607643_3BBBbodytextures.png.f6b11df4a89c38b206de773b25533b0c.png

@Krimzen

Is your CBBE 3BA up to date? Are its requirements up to date?

Is any mod overwriting the genitalia textures? Shield Sister uses whatever female body mod you have installed.

Did you build the correct body? Try running bodyslide again and make sure you build the CBBE 3BBB Body Amazing.

Make sure no other mod overwrites the body you built / the folder you create the body in should load very late.

On 11/25/2021 at 4:39 PM, Krimzen said:

Reveal hidden contents

I just saw this pic, sorry I missed that earlier. If it really looks like that in your game it is not a texture issue, it is a mesh issue.

Missing textures in the game are always indicated by blue/purple coloring.

Try rebuilding the CBBE 3BBB Body Amazing like I said earlier. See if it resolves the issue. I'm 100% sure it's a body problem, not a texture issue.

Here I removed the vagina textures and as a result my girl using the CBBE 3BA body looks like that.

Spoiler

11311471_NoTex.jpg.815ee1b440c11a575110257031f90fe4.jpg

For you that's not the case. In your case there appears to be no mesh at all.

If you take a look at the body in outfit studio you can see the body consist of actually 3 separate meshes: Body, Vagina and Anus.

Spoiler

3ba.jpg.79f6efba9d668c1b9e46cd6d7d959c44.jpg

If you remove the vagina mesh you'll leave a hole, quite literally.

Spoiler

1748799473_3banomesh.jpg.4028c43d4955af7aa5afd04ea4ea9194.jpg

I don't know why but it appears that happened to you.

41 minutes ago, Numa_Cway said:

@Krimzen

Is your CBBE 3BA up to date? Are its requirements up to date?

Is any mod overwriting the genitalia textures? Shield Sister uses whatever female body mod you have installed.

Did you build the correct body? Try running bodyslide again and make sure you build the CBBE 3BBB Body Amazing.

Make sure no other mod overwrites the body you built / the folder you create the body in should load very late.

Yeah my CBBE 3BA version is not up to date. It is version 2.06 and the latest version on nexus is 2.13.

Do you mean the genitalia textures in CBBE 3BA (3BBB)? Here's what the CBBE 3BA mod is being overwritten by:

312944133_CBBE3BBBOverwrite.png.bb632e30dde36ba4ab17156d7c6523db.png

As for Bodyslide I didn't even run it. I just used the predone Greek Goddess bodyslides Aylis provided. Would I still need to build CBBE 3BBB Body Amazing? 

5 minutes ago, Krimzen said:

Yeah my CBBE 3BA version is not up to date. It is version 2.06 and the latest version on nexus is 2.13.

Do you mean the genitalia textures in CBBE 3BA (3BBB)? Here's what the CBBE 3BA mod is being overwritten by:

Hide contents

312944133_CBBE3BBBOverwrite.png.bb632e30dde36ba4ab17156d7c6523db.png

As for Bodyslide I didn't even run it. I just used the predone Greek Goddess bodyslides Aylis provided. Would I still need to build CBBE 3BBB Body Amazing? 

Ha, perfect!

I just downloaded Aylis' predone files and took a look at his female body.

The female nude in body in "GG Body - Nude V1.0" is not 3BA. I should be the CBBE Special body from the "normal" CBBE mod (not 3BA)

Here's Aylis' body imported in Outfit Studio:

Spoiler

607474093_AylisPreset.jpg.bfb90390f76108313c3f20b811a5b4e4.jpg

And here's the standard CBBE Special body.

Spoiler

Special.jpg.755b5e53d147afa5dee4cb83b9afe1d8.jpg

Compare it from my screenshots from earlier:

CBBE Special is the CBBE body + labia mesh and CBBE 3BBB Body Amazing (CBBE 3BA) is the body + vagina + anus mesh.

You got two options now how to fix this:

1. Build a new body using CBBE 3BA and overwrite the old one. If you hold CTRL on your keyboard while hitting build in bodyslide it will creaty any mesh in your overwrite folder. That way you can simply drag them into your installed folder.

2. If you don't care not using the 3BA body re-check your CBBE install that CBBE Special body is installed correctly.

I can't really help you with that. Just know that it is still not a texture issue.

11 minutes ago, user037951 said:

The edges of my screen are blurry, DWA screen effects are turned off, and it happens no matter what my arousal is anyways, what else could be causing blurry visuals?

This does not occur when trying a new save, so must be something related to my character. Perhaps somehow DWA effect has gotten stuck on me before i disabled it, or another magic effect?

Are you using an ENB? Rudy ENB like the guide?

Open the ENB Helper menu, look at "enbeffectpostpass" for Vignette and deactivate it.

Haven't used Rudy in a while but I think he has it enabled by default.

58 minutes ago, user037951 said:

That didn't change anything for me.

Typing sisme 0 in console disables all visual effects which "solves" the problem or at least helps me locate that it must be some effect on the player. Would there be any way to figure out all active/passive effects placed on the player character through console, through the save file, or tes5edit?

I have gone through all my saves and the problem occurs in between save 7-8 whereas I'm now on save 53 (From lvl 5>26) lol.

Maybe post a screenshot how it looks? I can't really think of more than Arousal, ENB effects and alcohol.

It could very well be a normal game bug unrelated to mods that an effect bluring your screen did run out but the effect remained.

I never heard of sisme 0.

Does dispel have the same effect? Open the console, click on your PC and type dispelallspells.

Another test would be player.resurrect 1 in console

1 hour ago, user037951 said:

dispelallspells had no effects,

player.ressurect 1 neither.

That indicates it is no active spell and likely not related to a mod but an engine problem.

Shouldn't come as a surprise that Skyrim has those from time to time.

What you can do is trying to overwrite the blur by drinking alcohol or digesting ingredients that blur your vision (dunno any right now).

Another suggestiong I just read somewhere is shooting an arrow at a wall or hitting it with a sword.

If that doesn't work no idea. There's likely no fix à la "reinstall mod X" or "deactivate effect Y in the MCM".

Quick google searches showed that was a known bug before modding was a thing.

Strange tho it persisted over 50 saves.

Edit to add:

I read up on sisme. It's basically a toggle for all visual effects. 0 is disable, 1 is enable. So of course it works.

However it also removes any visual effects you might want like rain or blood on screen, alcohol, vampire sight, night vision, etc.

Edited by Numa_Cway

@Numa_Cway @Krimzen 3ba doesn't need to be the newest, but load order matters. I missed it about it being the mesh and not the texture, Numa is correct, you need to basically batch run the entire outfit selection. If you choose your preset body you want to use, click the box at the bottom next to create morphs then click batch build, you will then need to choose the variants for each outfit because nothing is filtered out, such as cbbe skyrim stock outfits vs the realistic armors, so every outfit will need to be selected (i'm only saying this as you didn't run bodyslide at all, and i do not know if the aylis bodyslide was set to a specific preset, and that you know which preset it is.) If you do know which preset they are all set to, then simply type "amazing" in the top right "outfit filter" it will only bring up anything with the word amazing in the outfit name (should only be the nude body) click build. exit and drag the contents of overwrite into the lowest bodyslide.

Thats not how you copy textures with MO2. you open the mod you want to copy from, and the mod you want to copy to in two file explorer panels, put them side by side check the names. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.9730756b694da231ecf33fc20ab2fe0a.png

They are not in the skyrim data folder, this is cbbe 3ba on the left and player succubus quest on the right, all of the ones on the right are blank. The author NEVER provided any bodyslide info, just placeholders. Someone else made the needed replacements, notice femalebody.tri doesn't exist in the right. so you don't need it for the mod. female body_0.nif is 1732kb on the left and 1273kb on the right, means there is more data for the left one, more than likely the anus, so if i want a working anus on a succubus, i need to copy all the matching files on the left to the right.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.c6ffa7e47cfad0c2cf38f7c069798ec6.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.b3633508c97ca4dc7c25c944a8d0b449.png

Now they match, (this is only for the succubus body, not the main body), so while i am transformed as a succubus she will now have a 3ba body and not a cbbe body. 

It gets a little more difficult for anything inside a BSA. you need to unpack the BSA so you will have loose files to manipulate. Don't try anything fancy like i did and try to repack them into a BSA when you are done, just make them a mod and put it just under the existing mod.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.9c0577ba145233acddaa313c2992c519.png

On the left is again the cbbe 3ba on the right is a mod i use to play as a vampire from the beginning (this is the mod i wanted to get fancy, update the body to 3ba and repack it) (i suck at that) the right is a standard cbbe body, i want all the morphs for the body 3ba provides (she looks absolutely normal with no clothes on but the mod fill her up will be at max and things like piercings will be sticking out away from the body due to 3ba inflation but the cbbe body does not) as soon as you put clothes on her she has a full belly, so the morphs are not working correctly. easiest way is to replace the meshes inside the mod. I unpacked them using BAE. So now i'll replace the meshes, put the loose mod files just under the Daughter race and it will overwrite the BSA (you can put them into the mod as loose files as well)

Edited by jaeos
1 hour ago, user037951 said:

dispelallspells had no effects,

player.ressurect 1 neither.

Hide contents

20211127180920_1.thumb.jpg.b5a3e5ea0b582f394437f8705c574189.jpg20211127180949_1.thumb.jpg.be4895257e8398776cc7d2254a76a2a3.jpg20211127181017_1.thumb.jpg.e3d4fbde0eca31ac2c240fcf7bf92b5f.jpg

1st pic on the save before problem (so just normal lol) 2nd pic is on the 8th save, the 3rd pic is with DWA Light visual effects on to show that there is a clear difference

Kinda looks like DOF in ENB

It not under the big word numa used, but if the center is sharp and in focus and the edges are not, without an active spell, and DWA is off (so to speak) it might be the deptch of field in eiher ENB or reshade(reshade should only affect coloring, but i haven't played with all the effects, like at all) but under ENB effects(?) you should have a depth of field adjustment (shift+enter to open)

Edited by jaeos

Ok guys, so I removed Greek Goddess switched to Wrong Body because it has 3BA and now it just works regarding the female genitalia.

652101702_workinggenitalia.png.b45ec49f524ee518eb37c4c9e3f7b082.png

However now with Wrong Body I'm having a issue with seams on wrists and legs.

seam.png.0f6f8c5e4f87e4371f9ac2fa93ba9a2c.png

It doesn't bother me that much but is there a way to deal with it?

Edited by Krimzen