Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

48 minutes ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

With patches I think he means something along the lines of:

-will the game still find the master of a given mod for another mod if it's turned into a Esp flagged esl? 

Like for example Sofía replacers, if i where to turn the main mod into an esl, would the replacer mod still find what it needs from the main mod? 

Im not totally sure if he meant that but I'm also doing my own thing to trim my plugin list. 

Besides the ssedit script.. just have to figure out what mod can be esl flagged? (one thing is to can, another is to work it out fine) 

Also, I get that esl on race menu stuff is a no no, but what if I merge those mods? Let's say tattoos overlays

You might run into a problem if someone uses the same name for a overlay from somewhere else, i.e. community overlays 1 using the name Norse 1 and rutah also using Norse 1.

@wollboi Saints and Seducers is a fairly large (not as large as Bruma) quest series that takes place in part under Solitude. I bought it awhile back and had issues with things displaying correctly in the sewers so stopped playing it and passed all the files to aylis so it could be looked at and possibly added as a CC you can use this safely with this mod list thing.

22 hours ago, twilnon said:

Solution: Got some time to mess around with it, problem was pretty simple. At some point I ended up with a fps limit raised to 80, anything over 60 breaks Movement Behavior Overhaul

(Also found an unrelated issue where Smooth Casting didn't install all files, redownloaded and worked)

Hi, so I'm pretty new to the DAR mods from this guide(never used them before) and I am getting an issue where when I begin sprinting there is a very brief, about a frame or so, of my PC tposing as it transitions into the sprint animation and the same when sprinting ends. The PC also occasionally tposes when doing regular run animations, typically after changing direction.

I plan on going back through all the Physics and Animations mods to try and narrow it down, but I'm not quite sure what I'm looking for yet and searching for tpose issues obviously comes up with a lot of seemingly unrelated issues. So I thought I'd ask if anyone knows the issue.

I've only made it up to the Overrides portion of the guide so far, but I do have a few SL mods already installed as I wanted to try and test some compatibility with that as I went, the mods are all following the structure of the guide tho(loaded after overrides).

FNIS and Nemesis run according to post #3

I have not yet run any of the LOD utilities and I don't have ENB installed yet

All these mods were downloaded pre-AE and I haven't updated, so shouldn't be related to that

Edit: Forgot to mention this is on a new save

Thanks anyone who knows and thank you Aylis for the guide

Reveal hidden contents

FNIS.png

Reveal hidden contents

Nemesis.png

If you loaded the stock ENB you can then add in a preset and sprite set you like, depending on what you're into, there are some that make skyrim a place super gloomy, there are others that make it look like cartoon made in Rainbow Brite land and can give you a tan while sitting at your screen. When it's up you should be able to add the ENB in as a FPS limiter as well. Mine is set at 59.9 (it will jump up to 63 at times with that) 

Edited by jaeos
1 hour ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

With patches I think he means something along the lines of:

-will the game still find the master of a given mod for another mod if it's turned into a Esp flagged esl? 

Like for example Sofía replacers, if i where to turn the main mod into an esl, would the replacer mod still find what it needs from the main mod? 

Im not totally sure if he meant that but I'm also doing my own thing to trim my plugin list. 

Besides the ssedit script.. just have to figure out what mod can be esl flagged? (one thing is to can, another is to work it out fine) 

Also, I get that esl on race menu stuff is a no no, but what if I merge those mods? Let's say tattoos overlays

Patches still find the mod. Flagging it as ESL/ESP-FE doesn't change the mod itself, the content stays the same, the names, the IDs, etc.

The script is all you need and very reliable.

It will look like this. I recommend to copy'n'paste everything into Editor or Wordpad for better overview.

Spoiler

aslkdfgsd.png.27c214bf5f7bbc70001f47e7492b48aa.png

In my case I know I can flag FlagonSign.esp and Rustic Soulgems as ESL.

For the others I'd have to compact the FormIDs first in order to flag them as ESL.

You can actually flag them however xEdit is smart enough to not let you save any changes you made.

Back to merging:

I'd be very careful with merging racemenu stuff (hair, eyes, etc.) as many followers, NPCs and NPC replacer use those.

If you merge away those mods the NPC mods can't find them anymore.

Say if you're using KS hairdos and the KS hairdos patch for Bijin family I sure as hell wouldn't merge away KS hairdos.
No idea what exactly would haven, the Bijin NPCs would either have a blackface issue or simply end up bald.

If you only merge cosmetic mods and you can absolutely rule out nothing else in your modlist is referencing anything from it it shouldn't lead to any problems.

Before you merge anything I'd just run the script, flag everything ESP-FE it tells me and look at the results.

I'm currently rebuilding my modlist so I haven't done it myself. Last time I did it I ended up freeing something between 20 to 30 slots.

ESP-FE RULES. Merging sucks.

@Alkzis @Numa_Cway Two minor additions to that ESL writeup.

1) Remember to check that the number of formIDs in the plugin does not exceed 2048 before you ESLsify it. Light plugins only can handle half the formids before they end up in memory regions where they cause funky stuff. You do not want that to happen.

2) Sometimes flagging an esp as light just does not work out even if by all means it should. Best example for users of this guide: embers. There is no obvious reason why embers should not work as an esl it just does not (at least at the time Aylis tried to make the embers esl work). Skyrim is funny that way.

TL/DR; Do not ESLsify everything at once. ?

2 hours ago, alaunus01 said:

@Alkzis @Numa_Cway Two minor additions to that ESL writeup.

1) Remember to check that the number of formIDs in the plugin does not exceed 2048 before you ESLsify it. Light plugins only can handle half the formids before they end up in memory regions where they cause funky stuff. You do not want that to happen.

2) Sometimes flagging an esp as light just does not work out even if by all means it should. Best example for users of this guide: embers. There is no obvious reason why embers should not work as an esl it just does not (at least at the time Aylis tried to make the embers esl work). Skyrim is funny that way.

TL/DR; Do not ESLsify everything at once. ?

to 1) I believe that's basically what the script already does for you. If it's below it will tell you to just flag it. If it exceeds that it will tell you to compact the FormIDs first before flagging. Something no guide recommends anyway. Personally I've never tried it. It certainly is possible but probably way more annoying than it is necessary.

to 2) Same problem and you can't even flag Embers XD as ESL without compacting.

Spoiler

1246722547_saldfks.png.e87b0191a0707c7d88464f59474ee708.png

I'm not 100% sure but I believe the ESL you're referring to was a real ESL you could choose during the FOMOD install, not an ESL-flagged ESP (ESP-FE). They're different.

Not sure what problems Aylis ran into but if it was a real ESL it could have been basically load order problems. In this guide Embers is loaded rather late while ESL are set up to load before any ESPs thus getting overwritten.

If you just flag the plugins where it doesn't tell you to compact the FormIDs there's very little to nothing you can do wrong.

4 hours ago, ascendentkunglao said:

Any one savy on HDT-SMP xml files and how to get clothes to match my the xmls of 3bbb and certain clothing to react with the body more appropriately?

I never added cloth physics to an outfit myself, I've only played around with existing XMLs tweaking some values.

For me this guide was very useful in understanding what each parameter is. Maybe you also find something to help you there.

I installed Skyrim SE and used  the "Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Downgrade Patcher" on Nexus.  I ended up with 4 CC mods in MO2 that I can not deactivate or remove via MO2.  The only way I can see to get rid of them is deleting the esm or esl and associated bsa in the file folder.  I really don't want Survival Mode.  The ccBGSSSE025-AdvDSGS (Saints and Seducers) and fishing take up a slots I don't want to give up.

What's the value of Curios (ESL)?  Should I keep it?

Do you think I can safely delete the files from the Skyrim SE data folders?

317093236_SkyrimSEInstalled.jpg.8f572e10bc1ac1f8569814c1e2fb3788.jpg 

Edited by remodel
7 minutes ago, remodel said:

I installed Skyrim SE and used  the "Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Downgrade Patcher" on Nexus.  I ended up with 4 CC mods in MO2 that I can not deactivate or remove via MO2.  The only way I can see to get rid of them is deleting the esm or esl and associated bsa in the file folder.  I really don't want Survival Mode.  The ccBGSSSE025-AdvDSGS (Saints and Seducers) and fishing take up a slots I don't want to give up.

Reveal hidden contents

You can safely delete CC mods without an issue. If you downloaded the mods through MO2, check to see if they are in the overwrite folder. That's where they can sometimes end up. If they are in the overwrite folder, you can either move them into skyrim SE's data folder, or delete them from there. The CC mods come in two parts: an ESL/ESM file, and the BSA with the mod contents. Best to delete both, but deleting or removing the esl/esm file from the skyrim data folder or MO2 overwrite folder will permanently disable it.

Anything else in the data folder other than CC content, I would not touch without knowing what exactly it is. 

Curios (ccbgssse037-curios.esl) has a bunch of new items that are interesting. Doesn't hurt to keep it around. 

For those who might be interested, I came across this nifty page with a list of all the Skyrim SE Creation Club Content. If you go into the individual pages, they have the file names for each piece of content (Good some of those poorly/weirdly-named ones).

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Creation_Club

Also gives a bit of the content description for each creation, but not that much more detailed that the CC description at times. Still beats a kick in the ass though. Regardless, it's a piece of knoweldge worth bookmarking.

3 hours ago, remodel said:

Reveal hidden contents

As @asebwsaid, you can run MO2 and open the mods (before you add any mods) and it will redownload those 4 mods. Put them into 4 separate folders (i really do recommend saints and seducers, the armor isn't overpowered in any form but you might like the aesthetics of them over ebony or dragonbone) and you can simply turn off what you  choose vs them on all the time.

2 hours ago, akadeadpool said:

Day 4 after AEpocalypse, I'd say the update process of non-LL SKSE mods seems pretty fast. Maybe half year later, LL mods would receive updates or maybe just switch to Omods.

Yeah, the SKSE mods are what will take awhile, just in time for a 15 year ULTIMATE edition.. ?

3 hours ago, jaeos said:

Yeah, the SKSE mods are what will take awhile, just in time for a 15 year ULTIMATE edition.. ?

It seems that everyone is waiting for SKSE to come up with a proper update. I don't see that taking too long. Rather, I think the real questions will be how long it takes sexlab to update ><. 

Genuinely curious to try out Ostim myself once they come out with some interesting content.

Modding a newly loaded Skyrim game.

OK, I kept the CC Curios and Saints & Seducers Mods.  Instead of deleting the other CC mode I Hid them similar to how MO2 hides files in mods.  See spoiler below.

I downloaded and installed SKSE64 2.00.20 and ran a test.  Don't want to run it from Steam and end up updating an un-modable (yet) Skyrim SE. So far it works (probably will work).

1729511073_SkyrimSEDataFiles.jpg.8d56641ca305679e813360b6387b8747.jpg

56 minutes ago, asebw said:

Genuinely curious to try out Ostim myself once they come out with some interesting content.

I think by the time OStim gets anywhere close to the level of variety and kink that SexLab offers, we'll all probably have moved on to the next Bethesda game. There are just way too many complex SL-exclusive mods to make OStim a viable alternative for anybody who wants something beyond vanilla sex.

I'd say that the lack of SL-related AE updates might drive people to port more SexLab mods to OStim... but I think most people around here (especially mod authors) would prefer to just run the older version of SE for the rest of their lives. Kind of a shame honestly since I do think that OStim as a framework improves on a lot of SexLab's jank.

Edited by noctred
3 hours ago, wollboi said:

@jaeos Let me know how that goes. I thought about it, but I read somewhere that Skyrim won't run on it.

Wasn't able to play at all, it got done a hour or so ago and the first thing i noticed was my task bar was centered rather than to the left, you can put it back but it's not in the option you think it is, so far youtube and LL hasn't had any issues, i had to re-install armoury crate for my asus board but it seems compatable with my current drivers for everything. I'll try and jump into skyrim and see if it loads faster with the new supposed ram cache thing (I don't remeber what they called it but you had to have a m.2 or solid state drive for it to work, which i have. 

14 hours ago, remodel said:

Modding a newly loaded Skyrim game.

OK, I kept the CC Curios and Saints & Seducers Mods.  Instead of deleting the other CC mode I Hid them similar to how MO2 hides files in mods.  See spoiler below.

I downloaded and installed SKSE64 2.00.20 and ran a test.  Don't want to run it from Steam and end up updating an un-modable (yet) Skyrim SE. So far it works (probably will work).

Hide contents

1729511073_SkyrimSEDataFiles.jpg.8d56641ca305679e813360b6387b8747.jpg

Make 2 mods in MO2 and move those to it, then they are managed by MO2 

I know I might get flamed for this but I'm looking at taking one for the team here and do the update with this build. I'm a modder so I haven't really gotten far on playthroughs, I have some fellow modders taking up the torch to update some critical mods that rely on skse, like racemenu that the OA has been awol for a while. And since I beta test alot for these guys it only makes sense. Anyone here that wants to keep tabs on what we are doing can PM me and I'll give you link to our discord.  This is a time for all community's to come together and put away bitter arguments to face the future of our beloved game we have put some much love into.