Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

15 hours ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

Oh in that case i should reinstall some and activate the heal sound option. 

I actually already know how to change keywords and manually did that a few times as a learning way, its just as you say, i also prefer to put some light armors as clothing and some clothing as light armor because comeon, a big fur jacket its going to make nothing to stop a 13Kg hammer.    

as a last question, even if a pluging is already Esm (or esp flagged as ESL) i can merge them as normal right? Like i get that theres no point if they already dont take a space on the load order but just for curiosity it could be done right? 

You can always just duplicate the armor section to do that, rename the edid, then change the keywords and now you have both light and clothing or whatever versions of that armor.

ESM for me would depend on what it is, most likely and ESM is a master file for something so I would not include that in a merge, include the esm as a file yes, but no actually be part of the merge, for esl they should be merged just the same as a esp is done, the program I use and linked to does not really care whether it is a esl or esp it will happily include them in a merge, though the one thing is with that program any error in any of the esp/esl you intend to include and the merge will not be made, it simply will not do the merge, there again that does makes sense after all if there are errors in the original mods that would place those errors in the merge after all, which is not a good idea.

As for a fur jacket not stopping a hammer, see how well hitting something like a bear with said hammer will do you, not very fur is pretty good, providing it is thick enough at reducing impact damage, it just compresses after all, sure depending on how thick it is, it will not stop all the damage but it will reduce some of it.  Although the sort of fur jacket people actually wear, yeh that is another thing entirely it would not stop too much, there again leather is not really that good a armor against big hammers and swords either but well the game thinks otherwise.

3 hours ago, Alkzis said:

mmmmh, does this mod breaks anything with the guide?
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/7305

I think it should not but im checking with ya guys and gals

Amorous Adventures works just fine, not sure why you picked the Nexus over the SexLab version though. ?

And you might want to avoid the 'extended' version. If you like the original writing the 'extended' options stick out like athletes foot.

3 hours ago, sweetrollskiwi said:

[...]a few extra SL mods[...]

[...]defeat[...]

If I recall correctly there are tools you can use to check your script latency. At a quick glance none of your additions raise a flag, however I know that some popular sexlab mods do not play nice with YoT. And defeat is just defeat. There would not be so many other attempts to make a better solution if defeat could handle multiple aggressors well.

If you really want to explore the issue this is what I would do.

• Disable all your additions and go back to this list. Fire up a new game and just visit all the towns to see how your system handles it (use TIM console command instead of TGM because godmode completely bypasses a bunch of status checks while immortality still runs them).

Assuming your system can handle this modlist in a way that you deem playable you can continue.

• Enable half of your added mods. Check if the excessive performance loss is there. If not, disable this half, enable the other half. When you found the stack of mods that causes it you split that stack in half and disable/enable that. If you for example start out with 40 questionable mods you can find the cause much faster that way. 40 split into 20. Two checks. Split 20 into 10. Two checks. Split into 5. Two checks. And you narrowed it down to 5 possible culprits.

I think you get the picture.

edit: @Alkzis @wollboi listed those recently. might need to track back a couple pages but it should not be that far.

Edited by alaunus01
addition
18 hours ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

Yup, since some of those are made by artist that know borderline nothing about modding but know about 3D stuff and well, art. Some of them are ESP already tagged as ESL but others (around 12) are not, those are the ones that i do need to merge, not just because i need but rather that i want to learn how to do stuff like this.

About uninstalling, cant i just uninstall the related mods and simply install them again? Like lets say i merge 3 armor mods and dont like 1 of those, i can just uninstall all 3 and reinstall the two i want, then merge them again, it would reset all files related to them as far as i understand of this stuff..right?

Then maybe you should try flagging them as ESL yourself first.

So you got armor mods that are not ESP-FE that take up slots in your load order and you want to free up slots by merging mods?

Of course you can do that I mean it's your game. But flagging as ESL is less problematic imo and yields the same results.

Check this quick guide.

Whenever I changed many mods or even created a new modlist from scratch I simply load it into SSEEdit and run the script.

I usually end up with 10-20 mods that can be flagged without any risks and end up freeing up that many slots.

(Make sure you only flag those where you don't have to change FormIDs but it says so in the guide).

Some mods (even for SSE) are so old that ESP-FE wasn't really a thing.

Yes you can do that. But like I said it can get pretty annoying. Maybe not so much with 3 merged mods but with more.

Hey everyone!

Really enjoying this list so far, game looks amazing and I'm slowly but surely getting down the list. But I've hit my first hiccup, and I can't seem to sort out the issue on my own.

I've got some issues with my Schlong Textures, it has an almost like ghosting quality/missing texture.

Spoiler

72dc9da8e126052dadd67bda7a39005f.png
2a674a823b3db5816b1a5c39d7200d1b.png
6d49e8357bd317331d92015bc0990f51.png

And here is my load order where the Schlong business is concerned. Been sticking to the load order in the guide religiously since I figure that'd bare the best results.

Spoiler

baf37809be2aa8432025ab7f97cf4da4.png

I've tried a couple things, reinstalling Schlongs of Skyrim and running it as normal without the textures added and the issue persisted. Tried reinstalling the textures. Tried starting a new game, still no luck.

I haven't moved forward from the PC section yet, figured it best get this sorted first. Thanks for any help you can give!

Edited by Dug Dondle
3 hours ago, Dug Dondle said:

Hey everyone!

Really enjoying this list so far, game looks amazing and I'm slowly but surely getting down the list. But I've hit my first hiccup, and I can't seem to sort out the issue on my own.

I've got some issues with my Schlong Textures, it has an almost like ghosting quality/missing texture.
72dc9da8e126052dadd67bda7a39005f.png
2a674a823b3db5816b1a5c39d7200d1b.png
6d49e8357bd317331d92015bc0990f51.png

And here is my load order where the Schlong business is concerned. Been sticking to the load order in the guide religiously since I figure that'd bare the best results.
baf37809be2aa8432025ab7f97cf4da4.png

I've tried a couple things, reinstalling Schlongs of Skyrim and running it as normal without the textures added and the issue persisted. Tried reinstalling the textures. Tried starting a new game, still no luck.

I haven't moved forward from the PC section yet, figured it best get this sorted first. Thanks for any help you can give!

1. Pics in spoilers please.

2. you don't need to "fix" anything. you have not gotten to the section that fixes the textures.

@Alkzis I'll post the titles of the ones I used. That should be most everything from the guide.

Spoiler

FNIS Creature Framework

Creature Framework

More Nasty Critters

Sexlab Aroused Creatures

Sexlab Aroused Creatures Tweak (not from the guide, but I recommend)

Aroused Creatures RIA (DAR Version)

BakaFactory Animated Beast Cocks

MNC Husky

I don't remember which of these were in the list, but I like the following creature animations. Some of these might not have creatures, but I think they all do:

Billyy's SLAL Animations

Babo Creature

Horny Creatures of Skyrim

Anub Creatures

SLAL Nibbles Animations

Funny Bizness SLAL Pack

3ijou

K4 Anims

Lord's Creatures

Psyche Animations

Creature Animations by Sailing Rebel

Not part of the list, but I recommend:

Monster Facial Animation (prerequisite for below)

HDT Werewolves Overhaul

42 minutes ago, wollboi said:

@Alkzis I'll post the titles of the ones I used. That should be most everything from the guide.

Hide contents

FNIS Creature Framework

Creature Framework

More Nasty Critters

Sexlab Aroused Creatures

Sexlab Aroused Creatures Tweak (not from the guide, but I recommend)

Aroused Creatures RIA (DAR Version)

BakaFactory Animated Beast Cocks

MNC Husky

I don't remember which of these were in the list, but I like the following creature animations. Some of these might not have creatures, but I think they all do:

Billyy's SLAL Animations

Babo Creature

Horny Creatures of Skyrim

Anub Creatures

SLAL Nibbles Animations

Funny Bizness SLAL Pack

3ijou

K4 Anims

Lord's Creatures

Psyche Animations

Creature Animations by Sailing Rebel

Not part of the list, but I recommend:

Monster Facial Animation (prerequisite for below)

HDT Werewolves Overhaul

As usual, wollboi at the rescue. Thanks my man, i was about to ask them too.

@Aylis Cathedral Weathers and Seasons had a mini update (optional files) that i think you may want to take a good look at: 

And Serana Dialogue add on haves some patches for mods that we use on the list, but i think you already know that

Spoiler

image.png.936571a12c2d926ad2b6dc523f629d9d.png

Pog momento: 

Spoiler

image.png.a932916a4dd702381fcb3a0bc42f8768.png

1 hour ago, akadeadpool said:

How safe is it to remove mods that distribute items via SPID?

Interesting question. Certainly wouldn't reccomend it. You would probably have NPC accessing stuff they don't have anymore if it was loaded on them already. Haven't tried it.

2 minutes ago, Kalthen said:

Interesting question. Certainly wouldn't reccomend it. You would probably have NPC accessing stuff they don't have anymore if it was loaded on them already. Haven't tried it.

As far as I know, it's common knowledge to never remove mod that alter level list midgame but nobody say anything about spid.

I am looking for a Riften ground texture fix for the ugly pathways. I am pretty sure I stuck to the guide when it comes to the textures.

Does anyone have the same strange triagular cobble stone textures  as I do when entering Riften?
They don't blend with the grassleaf texture at all.

2 minutes ago, akadeadpool said:

As far as I know, it's common knowledge to never remove mod that alter level list midgame but nobody say anything about spid.

Yeah, my thought, too. But skyrim saves like to bake, so I really couldn't tell. I usually try and then cry ;) 

On 10/31/2021 at 5:06 PM, Dug Dondle said:

Oh my bad, fixed that first part.

Which part fixes the textures then?

sorry, works been a pain in the ass. NPC, Loverslab and overwrite sections should have the missing textures, i don't exactly remember which one, i know all three have textures for bodies in them, it may be my install though. (mine differs from the normal install on a few things. I still have the creature stuff and don't update to the newest and greatest until i do a full install.)

On 10/31/2021 at 2:45 AM, Alkzis said:

Yo guys may i have a copy of the (now deleted from the guide) Creature animations from LL? i quite like them and i cant find the update post that lists the removals.

here is mine, you will  need to find the mods here on LL. I would use the post Tasaris made for conversion tracking and the handy chrome "find" in the ellipsis (triple dot on far right)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e8b9dd6ac0572cea7e6d0dd44c790e78.png

This is all of the LL section i have minus the dibellian defender tribal textures that you cannot see (it's at the bottom)

12 hours ago, Kalthen said:

Does anyone have the same strange triagular cobble stone textures  as I do when entering Riften?

A screenshot would help. But it sounds like something gets overwritten.

Updated info:

Atm. it looks like those will be changed

Spoiler

Mods to remove

Spoiler

Noble Skyrim Mod HD-2K                                            Not needed anymore

NSM - SMIM Patch                                                                        ''

Majestic Landscapes                                                                      ''

Improved Rock and Cliff Collision                                 Incompatible to the mountain textures/meshes

Better Whiterun                                                             Not needed anymore

HD Stockade                                                                                  ''

Ice Cave Parallax Improved                                                            ''

Skyrim - A Mountainous Experience                             Incompatible to the mountain textures/meshes

RUSTIC AMULETS - Special Edition                               Gets replaced

ElSopa HD - Bonehawk Amulet SE                                           ''

Mods to add

Spoiler

This might still change!

Solstheim - The Lost Levels                                           Still testing

Faster HDT-SMP                                                            Still testing

JK's Temple of Kynareth

JS Dragon Claws AE                                                      Should work fine...

Sharkish Piercings                                                                       ''

Will definitely get added.

Skyland AIO                                                                   With its update it makes everything so much easier 

Spoiler

1.1 Yes
2.1 Yes
2.2 None
2.3 Pick one of the two first options
3.1 All (allows you to skip one or more of the optional texture packs for cities).
3.2 Yes
3.3 All
3.4 Yes
3.5 Yes
4.1 No
4.2 None
5.1 None
6.1 None

Snowy Roads for Snowy Regions                                  Not perfect but better than standard

Misc. Blended Road Fixes                                              Fixes some smaller issues

3D Junipers - Trees and Berries                                     Better than the old ones

Cleaner Bridges

Holy Mountains (Majestic Mountains Addon)

Holy Mountains Cairn Rocks

Holy Mountains Tundra Rocks

Fluffy Snow                                                                    Seems to be the best solution

Fluffy Snow - Blended Roads Patch

Fluffy Snow for Majestic Mountains

Fluffy Snow Windhelm Bridge and Street Fix

WiZkiD Wells with real water                                         Just a small visual upgrade

HD Ants                                                                         Even the tiniest creature gets its own mod.

HD Ash Guardian

HD Ash Spawn

HD Bears                                                                        Forgot to add them in the last update

HD Dogs                                                                        More Husky (this replacer actually works)

HD Dogs - Barbas                                                          Required if you use the dog replacer

HD Spriggan                                                                  Could have sworn i already had them in the list ?

Nordic Round Shields (Viking shields)                           Gives some variation to the standard shields (and looks good on the wall)

Valkyrja - Viking sword                                                   I like this one...

HD Amulets                                                                    Replaces two mods

Ancient Nord Pickaxe                                                     Optional replacer

Haze Lights - Torches and Magiclights only                  For our 'Nightwalkers' out there

Fill Her Up - Baka Edition Alternate Sounds

SL Drunk Redux                                                              An additional way to trigger sex

Ancient Dwemer Metal - Guards Armor Replacer          Patch

Textures Patch                                                                Update

Skyrim ini files                                                                Update (High End/Recommended) Does it need to be toned down/grass alone OK?

No Grass In Objects - Config                                         Update (High End/Recommended)

Edited by Aylis
On 11/2/2021 at 10:06 AM, Kalthen said:

I am looking for a Riften ground texture fix for the ugly pathways. I am pretty sure I stuck to the guide when it comes to the textures.

i don't have that issue, I also don't use the grass precache, my LO is pretty much from just before the huge changes to textures and removal of all creature animations and support. (someones gotta test for... compatability.. yeah.. thats it.. ?

Previous Update

Updating status to '3.2.6'.

Yes, the modlist on page #1 has also been updated.

Visual upgrades and simplifying the installation

RERUN for an update:

Wrye Bash

DynDOLOD 

Removed/deactivated mods

Spoiler

Foundation

SSE Terrain Tamriel Extend                                            Not needed anymore

Noble Skyrim Mod HD-2K                                                             ''

NSM - SMIM Patch                                                                        ''

Majestic Landscapes                                                                      ''

Improved Rock and Cliff Collision                                 Incompatible to the mountain textures/meshes

Textures

Better Whiterun                                                             Not needed anymore

HD Stockade                                                                                  ''

Ice Cave Parallax Improved                                                            ''

Markarth - A Mountainous Experience                         Incompatible to the mountain textures/meshes

Armor

HD - Bonehawk Amulet                                                            ''

Added/moved/renamed mods

Spoiler

Foundation

Skyland AIO                                                                   With its update it makes everything so much easier 

Misc. Blended Road Fixes                                              Fixes some smaller issues

Area

Snowy Roads for Snowy Regions                                  Not perfect but better than standard

Textures

Cleaner Bridges                                                             It is needed again

3D Junipers - Trees and Berries                                     Better than the old ones

Fluffy Snow                                                                    Seems to be the best solution

WiZkiD Wells with real water                                         Just a small visual upgrade

Creatures

HD Ants                                                                         Even the tiniest creature gets its own mod.

HD Ash Guardian

HD Ash Spawn

HD Bears                                                                        Forgot to add them in the last update

HD Dogs                                                                        More Husky (this replacer actually works)

HD Dogs - Barbas                                                          Required if you use the dog replacer

Armor

HD Amulets                                                                    Replaces two mods

Nordic Round Shields (Viking shields)                           Gives some variation to the standard shields (and looks good on the wall)

Weapons

Ancient Nord Pickaxe                                                     Optional replacer

Valkyrja - Viking sword                                                   I like this one...

Weather and Lighting

Haze Lights - Torches and Magiclights only                  For our 'Nightwalkers' out there

LL

SL Drunk Redux                                                              An additional way to trigger sex

Patches

ToDo

Spoiler

Textures Patch                                                                Update

Skyrim ini files                                                                Update (High End/Recommended) Does it need to be toned down/grass alone OK?

No Grass In Objects - Config                                         Update (High End/Recommended)

Working on

Spoiler

Solstheim - The Lost Levels                                          Still testing

Faster HDT-SMP                                                           Will replace the old one

JK's Temple of Kynareth                                                Still testing

JS Dragon Claws AE                                                      Working fine

Sharkish Piercings                                                        Still testing 

Edited by Aylis
  • Aylis changed the title to Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)
2 hours ago, Aylis said:

Previous Update

Updating status to '3.2.6'.

Yes, the modlist on page #1 has also been updated.

Visual upgrades and simplifying the installation

RERUN for an update:

Wrye Bash

DynDOLOD 

Removed/deactivated mods

Reveal hidden contents

Foundation

SSE Terrain Tamriel Extend                                            Not needed anymore

Noble Skyrim Mod HD-2K                                                             ''

Textures

Markarth - A Mountainous Experience                         Incompatible to the mountain textures/meshes

Armor

HD - Bonehawk Amulet                                                            ''

Added/moved/renamed mods

Reveal hidden contents

Foundation

SMIM Furniture Improvement                                       Just a small visual upgrade

Misc. Blended Road Fixes                                              Fixes some smaller issues

Area

Snowy Roads for Snowy Regions                                  Not perfect but better than standard

Textures

Cleaner Bridges                                                             It is needed again

Fluffy Snow                                                                    Seems to be the best solution

Creatures

HD Ash Guardian

HD Ash Spawn

Armor

Weapons

Weather and Lighting

LL

ToDo

Reveal hidden contents

Textures Patch                                                                Update

Skyrim ini files                                                                Update (High End/Recommended) Does it need to be toned down/grass alone OK?

Working on

Reveal hidden contents

Solstheim - The Lost Levels                                           Still testing

Faster HDT-SMP                                                            Still testing

JK's Temple of Kynareth

JS Dragon Claws AE                                                      Should work fine...

Sharkish Piercings                                                                       ''

NICEE this one is quite big isnt it?

@Jessica_Degurechaff

Somewhat. It is a perfect example that one change ends up in a chain reaction.

The new mountains needed some textures for snow, but the new snow wasn't workin well with the landscape mod. So another one was required as well. Then i discovered that the AIO could replace quite a few other mods and so on... Thats why it took so long. :)

In the end it should save us some GB to download and install. And, together with the snow patch, the cold regions look even better than before.

5 hours ago, Aylis said:

@Jessica_Degurechaff

The new mountains needed some textures for snow, but the new snow wasn't workin well with the landscape mod. So another one was required as well. Then i discovered that the AIO could replace quite a few other mods and so on... Thats why it took so long. :)

In the end it should save us some GB to download and install. And, together with the snow patch, the cold regions look even better than before.

Side note, i'll check out the piercings and the dragon claws on my older install, see what they look like for a 3 month old install of mods.

EDIT

i had the ruby dragon claw in my bags and i gotta say.. damn that looks good. (i was doing the bards collage stuff) no dyndolod or anything needed to be ran, no esp for the claws so it can move anywhere, but the ruins clutter improved will need to be either hidden for the claws or put right under it for priority.

Edited by jaeos
16 hours ago, Aylis said:

@Jessica_Degurechaff

For some reason this time dyndolod DOUBLED the usual time it takes to do his job, holy crap-