Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

14 minutes ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

Also a small question that i should most likely had to ask before: Do i merge ESP after or before doing/running Wyre? I mean it should not affect but one never knows

Before.

If one of your ESPs you merge ends up in the bashed patch (e.g. it injects into a leveled list) and you merge it,

it disappears and your patch can't find it as a required master anymore.

On 10/21/2021 at 12:09 AM, Kalthen said:

This is a Load Order Problem. If you are using the guide, check that you let Window Shadows and the corresponding patches overwrite Luminosity. (If you like Luminosity more, then adjust Rudy ENB. There is an enbseries.ini for it. Won‘t recommend it) Also check that Tamriel Masterlights and ENB Lights are installed and at the correct position. Don‘t use LOOT to sort or you will have to spend some time in SSEdit to check what gets overwritten. That wouldn‘t be a bad idea anyway. If you are familiar with SSEdit (which I highly suggest), the easiest way to find out is - to look at Skyrim.esm -> Cells (don‘t know wich block or subblock out of the top) -> Blocks 1-9 somewhere inbetween you should find Dragonsreach. Check what is last on the right side main window. Red are conflicting values. If it is not the Bashed Patch with the last mod values from Window Shadows/ WS-Jk patch, you will defo need to redo the Bashed Patch after you adjust you LO accordingly.  Hope this helped.

Thanks a lot for your help! It was a load order problem. I ignored every warning about LOOT and kept using it. It is just to nice to simple push a button and not have to use my brain. it did work for along time, until it did'nt. (LOOT and my brain)

If anyone else is as resistant to learning as I am when it comes to using LOOT, this MO2 plugin might help you out: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/47325

It is not a perfect solution. If there is a mod with multiple plugins the plugins of that mod will be sorted in alphabetical fashion. But it certainly helps if you stuck to this guides mod order but didn't install them from top to bottom.

Edited by kle500

@Jessica_Degurechaff Weird, my DynDOLOD took like 30 minutes this time. Much faster than usual.

@Aylis Oh, keep forgetting to mention. I bit the bullet and updated to the newest SKSE and ENB versions. No issues at all so far. Much smoother than the last time. Probably okay to update, but then again in seven more days I'm pretty sure everything SSE related is going to be flipped on its head.

@Aylis I solved the Riften walkways. It was actually an order problem on my side. Love the new texture additions. To be honest, I always liked fluffy snow and Skyland on LE. Will updat to them as well on a new profile. Looking forward to the ini updates (something I really don't like to touch).

I have also tested LUX extensively and I must say, I would not add it to your guide. Most peeps on LL like to install LL mods which change interior cells in dungeons or cities. LUX really doesn't like that. Eventhough there are regular patches for most of the new interior overhauls. Still awsome, though!

But what I would suggest as an alternative to Movement Behavior Overhaul is: True Directoinal Movment and Smoothcam plus Preset.
IMO it fixes alot of jankyness when it comes to animations. Free cam takes a bit of getting used to but well worth it.

11 hours ago, wollboi said:

@Aylis I think you've still got SMIM Furniture listed in the old spot as well as the new one.

Im sorry for butting in but do i need to redownload it? for me nexus says that i have already download the latest ver.

Btw, why is SSE going to get flipped on his head?

@Aylis Have been using Sharkish Piercings  on a lot of varied bodyslides and all of them worked perfectly. 

Edited by Alkzis
2 hours ago, Alkzis said:

Btw, why is SSE going to get flipped on his head?

If not deactivated in Steam SSE will automatically be updated to AE (anniversary edition).

For more info read this post here on LL.

And here's the short explanation from the SKSE team posted on reddit.

TL/DR: While it's fundamentally the same game, AE has been updated from using Visual Studio 2015 to Visual Studio 2019. Several plugins will have to be rewritten from scratch, mods using those affected plugins have to be updated using the "new" plugins.

So updating to AE will simply lead to several mods not working anymore except simple stuff like replacers, outfits, ...

2 hours ago, Numa_Cway said:

If not deactivated in Steam SSE will automatically be updated to AE (anniversary edition).

For more info read this post here on LL.

And here's the short explanation from the SKSE team posted on reddit.

TL/DR: While it's fundamentally the same game, AE has been updated from using Visual Studio 2015 to Visual Studio 2019. Several plugins will have to be rewritten from scratch, mods using those affected plugins have to be updated using the "new" plugins.

So updating to AE will simply lead to several mods not working anymore except simple stuff like replacers, outfits, ...

Oh i thought it was YET ANOTHER game (todd cant keep getting away with it)

Interesting, well, all we have to do its not update the game, right?

also, in the post (the first one) says how to set steam to not update it.. but dont it means that as soon as we open the game it will update?

Edited by Jessica_Degurechaff
1 hour ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

Oh i thought it was YET ANOTHER game (todd cant keep getting away with it)

Interesting, well, all we have to do its not update the game, right?

also, in the post (the first one) says how to set steam to not update it.. but dont it means that as soon as we open the game it will update?

Opening from Steam will update but opening using a shortcut to skse64_loader.exe or using the Mod manager game starter outside of Steam should not activate the update validation.

5 minutes ago, safado said:

Opening from Steam will update but opening using a shortcut to skse64_loader.exe or using the Mod manager game starter outside of Steam should not activate the update validation.

Thanks, google did not answer me that one.

then all its fine isnt it? modders will update their stuff sooner or later (or the community) and if they dont its still cool

2 hours ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

Thanks, google did not answer me that one.

then all its fine isnt it? modders will update their stuff sooner or later (or the community) and if they dont its still cool

The "big stuff" like SKSE, adress library, etc. will for sure be updated. Also probably as quickly as possible. But it's still a matter of how fast that can happen.

However any mod using them to work has to be updated as well to work again.
Even now with SSE mods sometimes have to be updated to a new SKSE release.

So it can be the case that mods won't get updated simply because their dev has quit modding and stopped maintaining them.

And as it has been explained in the reddit post by the SKSE team: This is not a simple case of "updating to a new version" but basically rewriting entire code from scratch.

Sadly I'm not going to get my new computer in time before the AE update.  

My old potato PC crashed with lost hard drive sectors in the operating system, possibly other sectors too.  I have a USB ide hard drive adaptor I've had good luck with recovering data from old crashed hard drives. It's possible (probable) that I'll be able to recover the Skyrim.exe and other files from it.  I'll get to test installing SSE AE and recovering SSE.  A lot of ifs here. Yeah, I saw a Nexus mod that had changed binaries, but that would have to be tested for me to try it.

It's possible it'll be a long while before I can use this guide.  The graphics look fantastic.

I absolutely cannot get animations to work in SE.
I eventually figured it out in vanilla, but here every mod seems to be working fine until it wants to play an animation, then it just skips it.

Assuming I set up using this modlist- is there any quick troubleshooting flowchart or a way to debug it?