Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

1 hour ago, Aylis said:

There's no problem doing that.

I was only surprised how many things showed up.

This is a classic ymmv situation, I'm afraid.

All the usual and more of interior Save/remove/Save/clean coc QASmoke, wait 10 days, blahblah drills couldn't protect my level 38 character with 85 saves.

No big deal, really, but a new profile for 3.2.  Which, btw, is looking good.  The new birds more than make up for skybirds.  Also removed MNC - never cared about it anyway, and eslified a bunch of plugins.  Ruddy88 ESLify does what it says on the tin.  I made a short exclusion list (see attached) and the cumulative effect is the game is altogether much snappier: MCM update times are way down as are load times in general.  The best thing so far, though is that expressions seem to be smoother and more varied.  Things are definitely improved.

3.2 eslified.txt

Edited by Temphyx
20 hours ago, akadeadpool said:

Just found a better Guard Armor Replacer bodyslide mod Guard Armor Replacer SE - BHUNP - 3BA - CBBE. This is only for female so you still should keep the current GAP bodyslide for male.

10 hours ago, Aylis said:

Reveal hidden contents

Untitled.jpg.4aa0f0a8209437478031959dbecc8c70.jpg

'WB' got small boobs and is relatively flat (aka perfect for heavy armor). I shudder at the thought what it would do to the 'Greek Goddess' preset. Propably cup size F...

I don't have a dog in this hunt, believe me, and this is and will remain the Aylis Guide, as it should. 

But, if you'll pardon the pun, here's an apples-to-apples comparison.  She may not gain three cup sizes, but it's at least one:

Current list Riften Guards Armor, weight 0:

Spoiler

RiftenGuardArmor0.gif.d0292a13734f4cd8cb63be6317573f5d.gif

Guard Armor Replacer SE - 3BA - CBBE - fem BS uniboob correction, RiftenGuardArmor2 (w/immersive physics) , weight 0:

Spoiler

RiftenGuardArmor2.gif.9ec78c741c2e6118e962fee94f8d7050.gif

@Temphyx I'm not forcing Aylis to use the new Bodyslide but to say the old one is superior is plainly wrong.

Here is the pro and con:

- Current bodyslide:

+ pro: better armor proportion . No dispute here

+ con: lack uniboob => distort, warped chest part. Solution to this is to rebuild all GAP bodyslide files with uniboob reference.

- New bodyslide:

+ pro: uniboob. If you don't know how much better having uniboob is, just look at the screenshots I provide. Surely I cheated by using the worst armor affected by not having uniboob, i.e Falkreath armor but the difference made itself clear if you see the armor from POV topdown view.

+ con: huge, disproportional chest. Solution is to readjust breats slider. If you're lazy like me, you can do one-time re-adjustment for all guard armors.

Both have bad that need fixxing but to me, readjusting slider is less of a hassle than learning and applying uniboob.

And since this modlist try to be realistice with armors, I feel boob sock metal armor is out of place.

Edited by akadeadpool
6 hours ago, akadeadpool said:

@Temphyx I'm not forcing Aylis to use the new Bodyslide but to say the old one is superior is plainly wrong.

Here is the pro and con:

- Current bodyslide:

+ pro: better armor proportion . No dispute here

+ con: lack uniboob => distort, warped chest part. Solution to this is to rebuild all GAP bodyslide files with uniboob reference.

- New bodyslide:

+ pro: uniboob. If you don't know how much better having uniboob is, just look at the screenshots I provide. Surely I cheated by using the worst armor affected by not having uniboob, i.e Falkreath armor but the difference made itself clear if you see the armor from POV topdown view.

+ con: huge, disproportional chest. Solution is to readjust breats slider. If you're lazy like me, you can do one-time re-adjustment for all guard armors.

Both have bad that need fixxing but to me, readjusting slider is less of a hassle than learning and applying uniboob.

And since this modlist try to be realistice with armors, I feel boob sock metal armor is out of place.

We actually did try the uniboob guards armor replacer many many iterations ago, so don't think aylis is just being stubborn.. maybe a little. but for balance reasons (100% historically accurate vs it's a game and skimpy is good) the guards armor replacer we use now was closer to a middle road, and i believe there was a retexture of them somewhere that did a nice smooth uniboob without looking like you spent 2 hours every morning putting on 50 layers of cloth and a servant helped you put on your brigadine armor for the day. I'll hafta look and see if i can find it. It may have been pulled.

EDIT: this isn't the retexture i was talking about but it's another alternative Guards overhaul But fair warning, you will need a vigilant of stendarr replacer since this one is missing the clothes, so naked vigilants..

Edited by jaeos
2 hours ago, Krimzen said:

If I sacrificed ENBSeries/Rudy ENB & associated mods (ENB Light etc.) for improved performance would it be safe to do so? 

it falls under.. its your game, if you do not want to use the enb, don't. You will notice that things are not as pretty and smooth though. so again, your mileage may vary.

Highly unlikely that anyone can help, but here it goes.
Everything works quite fine, however I am experiencing CTD in certain areas (2 atm) cell Windpeak Inn Dawnstar and Eldergleam Sanctuary.
Any ideas where or what to look. I tried to use SSEDIT to check Windpeak for conflicts or what not, but all seemed to be "fine" or atleast I couldn´t see any weird shite going about there.
Bummer
Thanks in advance!
Pat on the back is also welcome :D

Edit: Added a log

SSEDIT_check for errors .txt

Edited by darkmoonsb
Added a log
2 hours ago, darkmoonsb said:

Everything works quite fine, however I am experiencing CTD in certain areas (2 atm) cell Windpeak Inn Dawnstar and Eldergleam Sanctuary.
104.04 kB · 3 downloads

1) Do you crash when you enter these cells or as you move through them?

2) If you don't have .NET Framework installed, consider doing that.  The resulting crash logs can be helpful.

Edited by Temphyx

@Temphyx Oh! Actually, it definitely was in the middle of a playthrough. Just remembered that, like Aylis said, cleaning the save after I removed it got rid of 8 trillion orphaned scripts. So it would've been while cleaning a save for a current character. So, yeah, it didn't bother me after I removed it. Take that with a grain of salt though, because I did ditch that character not too long after. But I'm pretty sure it didn't hurt me.

@TemphyxI forget whether it was Skybirds or Birds of Skyrim (they are both janky), but a couple times ago I had something go wrong with my build, and I ran Resaver for the first time. It found some incredible number of broken Bird scripts! I mean... wow.

I had to make the same choice. I ended up deciding that the messed up script thing was bad enough to risk uninstalling. So I did. I ran Resaver a couple more times. The game kept going for another couple of weeks, then it started having issues (wish I could remember better what). I never knew if it was from that mod. Or from uninstalling that mod. Or unrelated. I was less experienced then (not that I am any kind of expert now!) and I had discovered enough new mods that I was ready to start over anyway.

That was before I started semi-following this guide. I admit I was surprised the Birds had made the cut here, as they have some notoriety. But as I said a few pages back, they give Skyrim a beautiful immersiveness like few other mods do for how simple they are, and I hope someone comes up with a solid replacement. I LOVE the crows, but I want songbirds to balance them out. 

To do it over now? I would definitely uninstall the Birds again.

@Temphyx I tried to get rid of SkyBirds some time ago. When I run Fallrim Tools, in my case there were 5700 scripts in there! I couldn't get rid of them without corrupting my save, so I decided to keep that mod. I wrote about it in this same thread a few weeks ago.

This time it has been the same - 5700 scripts and impossible to get rid of them. I decided this time to start a new playthrough, and I can tell already that those scripts were taking a toll in my Papyrus. I have a good computer, but that many scripts were too much, no doubt. Without Skybirds everything seems way smoother. So yes, I think it is a good thing that it is gone from Nexus, even though it was nice to have those birds chirping around. But too heavy a weight for some little birds.

Edited by Thardrim
11 hours ago, Temphyx said:

1) Do you crash when you enter these cells or as you move through them?

2) If you don't have .NET Framework installed, consider doing that.  The resulting crash logs can be helpful.

1. When I enter Windpeak, dont know about Eldergleam, as I get the crash when I am outside
2. Did it, sharing a log for Windpeak, might be something to do with npc textures or what not

I*ll try to look into it.

Crash_2021_8_31_11-23-34.txt

Eldergleam outside area East marsh gave the same 
Possible relevant objects (2)
{
  [   0]    BSTriShape(Name: `FemaleEyesHumanGreenHazel`)
  [  46]    BSFaceGenNiNode(Name: `BSFaceGenNiNodeSkinned`)

Edited by darkmoonsb
1 hour ago, darkmoonsb said:

1. When I enter Windpeak, dont know about Eldergleam, as I get the crash when I am outside
2. Did it, sharing a log for Windpeak, might be something to do with npc textures or what not

I*ll try to look into it.

Crash_2021_8_31_11-23-34.txt 40.71 kB · 0 downloads

Eldergleam outside area East marsh gave the same 
Possible relevant objects (2)
{
  [   0]    BSTriShape(Name: `FemaleEyesHumanGreenHazel`)
  [  46]    BSFaceGenNiNode(Name: `BSFaceGenNiNodeSkinned`)

Definitely something wrong with NPCs around that area since keyword BSFacegen popups many times.

Copy from this article .NET Script Framework's Common Crashes and Fixes, the error number matches too:

Spoiler

SkyrimSE.exe+132BEF
*This is yet another crash that, from multiple testimonies, seems to be linked with a head mesh. Similar to the crash mentioned above, a face or head mesh from an NPC is corrupted, improperly exported, or is loaded with a malignant conflict and is causing the CTD. Mods like Ordinary Women, for example, require that both the mod order(the mod pane on the left in MO2) and the load order (mod pane on the right) takes precedence when using the mod. This means both should be loaded after any other mods that modify these meshes. 
FIX: The fix will vary since the cause of the head mesh corruption or conflict will differ between each mod. The first like of action would be to work out any potential mod conflicts that may arise from the modification of said head part. Like the previous crash entry, to identify which NPC is leading to the crash, simply use your HDT-SMP log located in your documents folder under Skyrim Special Edition and navigate to the bottom of the page. There it would list the name of the NPC the game tried to load but failed. Once identified, figure out which mods modify that character and reorder your load order and mod order accordingly to make sure that absolutely nothing overwrites it. Using a mod like NPC Plugin Chooser can prevent this kind of conflict from occurring as it allows you to responsibly organize the different appearance mods you have assuming you struggle doing this on your own. If it comes out to not being a conflict issue, then it may be corrupted or has not had their facegen properly regenerated through Creation Kit.  If there is an update that fixes the mesh for that specific mod, you should try to obtain that first.  If that fails, try manually regenerating the mod through Creation Kit. If that doesn't work, other options would be trying to fix this yourself using CAO or any other methods you may be aware of. If all fails, best line of action would be to disable said mod until further workup is issued by mod author.

Worst case, you can ask the people from that mod forum how to fix it.

@wollboi @trgdolors @Thardrim Thanks guys, for the feedback.  Seems to be a wide range on this.  In my case I started with a clean save that had no script issues but in the end couldn't remove 2.3k undefined elements safely.  I'll keep the good save with birds set to 1/1, 10 songs and no nesting for a while and try again next 'month'.  Meanwhile, though, enjoying the lightness of the new game - so maybe it'll take a real month   ?  I'll try to post an fyi if and when it works.

@darkmoonsb :  @akadeadpool has you covered - spot on.

1 hour ago, akadeadpool said:

Definitely something wrong with NPCs around that area since keyword BSFacegen popups many times.

Copy from this article .NET Script Framework's Common Crashes and Fixes, the error number matches too:

Hide contents

SkyrimSE.exe+132BEF
*This is yet another crash that, from multiple testimonies, seems to be linked with a head mesh. Similar to the crash mentioned above, a face or head mesh from an NPC is corrupted, improperly exported, or is loaded with a malignant conflict and is causing the CTD. Mods like Ordinary Women, for example, require that both the mod order(the mod pane on the left in MO2) and the load order (mod pane on the right) takes precedence when using the mod. This means both should be loaded after any other mods that modify these meshes. 
FIX: The fix will vary since the cause of the head mesh corruption or conflict will differ between each mod. The first like of action would be to work out any potential mod conflicts that may arise from the modification of said head part. Like the previous crash entry, to identify which NPC is leading to the crash, simply use your HDT-SMP log located in your documents folder under Skyrim Special Edition and navigate to the bottom of the page. There it would list the name of the NPC the game tried to load but failed. Once identified, figure out which mods modify that character and reorder your load order and mod order accordingly to make sure that absolutely nothing overwrites it. Using a mod like NPC Plugin Chooser can prevent this kind of conflict from occurring as it allows you to responsibly organize the different appearance mods you have assuming you struggle doing this on your own. If it comes out to not being a conflict issue, then it may be corrupted or has not had their facegen properly regenerated through Creation Kit.  If there is an update that fixes the mesh for that specific mod, you should try to obtain that first.  If that fails, try manually regenerating the mod through Creation Kit. If that doesn't work, other options would be trying to fix this yourself using CAO or any other methods you may be aware of. If all fails, best line of action would be to disable said mod until further workup is issued by mod author.

Worst case, you can ask the people from that mod forum how to fix it.

Thanks for the help!
I managed to norrow the search down to a possible problem, which is High Poly NPC overhaul. I ll see where the debugging will set me.
Thanks again!

51 minutes ago, darkmoonsb said:

Thanks for the help!
I managed to norrow the search down to a possible problem, which is High Poly NPC overhaul. I ll see where the debugging will set me.
Thanks again!

look at hags, witches and hagravens, those are the 3 that come to mind that are in both areas.

On 8/28/2021 at 10:41 PM, wollboi said:

@akadeadpool It's given me no troubles at all. I can't tell a difference between it and the regular version, other than the animation cap of course. Only thing I had to do was move the file that FNIS tells you to move when you open the program. Otherwise I just run it like I would using regular FNIS. DAR runs on magic space dust and doesn't need FNIS or Nemesis. Whenever a DAR-based mod updates you never need to run either.

Today I try to run FNIS XXL but there's no message telling me to move any file.

Btw, previously I install Creature Pack with FNIS, do I need to re-install the pack when switching to XXL?

2 hours ago, jaeos said:

look at hags, witches and hagravens, those are the 3 that come to mind that are in both areas.

Debugging Skyrim is pain in the poopy buthole.

The problem, oddly enough was in MFG fix 1.5.4. Downgrading to 1.5.0 helped me out.

Consider my original problem solved, and perhaps it helps others too. Now I can enter Windpeak Inn, I ll try the eastmarch later.

I've been trying to get the creature stuff working again. Seriously that part is totally messed up. It works, then it doesn't, then it partially works, next time it is broken again... and that can change whenever a new animation gets started. You can even get different results with the same actors.

I'm so sick of it!

With the next update i'll remove the subgroup for 'Creatures'. It makes no sense to have something in there that is unreliable and causes issues left and right. If we ever get something like the LL guide for FO4 i might readd them. 

3 hours ago, user037951 said:

What are the most common problems you are experiencing with creatures?

Fixing one bug with them causing issues somewhere else. I've listed all the problems at least three times now, won't do that again and again and again...

Sepolcri is working fine. Will be added.

Sounds for birds and insects too, will be added as well.

BURP - Spell Tomes looks interesting. Hopefully it works with Odin too...

I'll be giving Animated Forge Water another shot (tried others before).

Planned changes This can still change!

Mods to be removed

Spoiler

Immersive Fallen Trees Patch                                           Found nothing that suggests a need for it.

Riften in High Definition                                                  Found a better solution

Skyrim 2020 Parallax                                                        Got updated

Fores New Idles for Creatures

Creature Framework

More Nasty Critters Special Edition

SexLab Aroused Creatures SE

Aroused Creature RIA

ABC

Chaurus Life

MNC Husky

Tirk The Riekling Special Edition 1.0.5

Mods to be added/moved/renamed

Spoiler

.NET Script Framework                                                     Required for the caching of the grass.

Diamond Skin                                                                   Can be combined with my skin to make the elves more humanlooking (i only reduced the ridges of the brows)

Skyrim 2020 - Landscape

Skyrim 2020 - Architecture

Skyrim 2020 - Other

Skyrim 2020 - Blended Roads Retexture                          Changed 'Roads' to 'Blended Roads Retexture' to make the connection more visible

WiZkiD Riften and Ratway                                                Better than the texture pack we used before

Riften in High Definition - Cobblestone                           Optional texture for the streets. Moved within the group

Sepolcri - A complete Burial Sites overhaul                     Always wanted to add this

Sepolcri - JK Patch

Sepolcri - DynDOLOD Patch                                             This is what i was waiting for!

Louder Nature - Birds And Insects

Checking out

Edited by Aylis